The armored vehicle was created on the basis of KAMAZ using units and assemblies from KAMAZ-5350. Armored protection received: the perimeter of the cabin, roof, bottom, engine compartment, cabin (laminated protective glass).
The body of the Bulat SBA was designed by Moscow engineers of Zashchita with the use of improved armor providing protection against 7.62mm bullets having a heat-strengthened core. Armor class VI according to GOST Р 50963 – 96. The bottom of the multi-layer machine, together with a special body shape, provide the armored vehicle with mine protection when a mine is detonated with an explosive equal to four kilograms of TNT.
To increase the survivability of the personnel in the car, the designers developed a corporate design of the seats. The principle of operation of chairs in the undermining of a mine separation of a person sitting in it from the effects of a mine explosion The landing module accommodates up to ten people in full gear.
Rear balancing and front dependent suspension - spring execution. Transmissions and transfer - mechanical type. Drum brakes, pneumatic with ABS.
Since the beginning of June 2012, one copy of the SBA-60-K2 Bulat has been transferred to the Sakhalin OMON unit in the North Caucasus on a business trip by the management of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation in Sakhalin Region, where it is undergoing various tests. At the moment, the operation of the armored vehicle is quite successful, as reported by the Sakhalin riot police.
The main characteristics of the Bulat armored vehicle:
- length - 8 meters;
- width - 2.5 meters;
- height - 2.6 meters;
- clearance - 38.5 centimeters;
- wheel formula - 6X6;
- wheelbase - 3.34 (+ 1.32) meter;
- wheel track - 2 meter;
- weight full / max - 12.8 / 15.8 tons;
- payload up to 2-x tons;
- capacity - 2 + 8 / 10;
- turbocharged diesel engine with power 260 hp;
- speed 90 (up to 110) km / h;
- range to 800 kilometers;
- The capacity of fuel tanks 250 liters;
Equipment and units of the basic version of the armored car:
- emergency hatches;
- additional locks of doors of mechanical type;
- hinges of reinforced doors;
- Spotlight Finder;
- CCTV equipment;
- air conditioning and heater in the troop compartment;
- equipped places for personal fastening weapons;
- A standard set of security tools.
Maximum grade additionally includes:
- navigation satellite system "GLONASS / GPS";
- heat / noise insulation;
- radio station;
- air cleaning system;
- door locks electromechanical performance;
- device internal-external communication;
- inserts for wheels such as “RunFlat”;
- loud-speaking light signal device;
- any audio system and alarm;
- the color of the car of choice;
- other additional equipment according to customer conditions.