Fig. 1. Cossack fate
Nevertheless, the blood and genetic memory of the military-knight class (Russian kshatriyas), hereditary and professional military made itself felt. According to the sociological studies of the Main Political Directorate of the Soviet Army at the beginning of the 80s, at least half of the personnel officers of the Soviet Army were descendants of Cossacks. The new revival of the Cossacks began in the 80-90 years of the last century, mainly with the hands and heads of retired Soviet officers, descendants of the Cossacks.
Fig. 2. Genetic memory
At all times of the existence of the Cossacks, objectively and independently of the legislation and the will of the rulers, there was a process of folding on the Cossack lands of special communities, different from other stereotypes of behavior, developed their original culture, language features. And what is especially important, these Cossack communities saw and realized these differences, they developed awareness of themselves as a separate, distinct from other people. The process of the Russification of this people took several centuries, this process took place at different speeds, often was intermittent, in some places the differences between the Cossacks and non-residents completely blurred. Particularly successfully "worked" in the matters of rasskazachivaniya Soviet power. Despite this, in many places Don Cossacks, Kuban Cossacks (although they clearly distinguish between Ukrainian-speaking "Black Sea" and Russian-speaking "linemen"), Terek Cossacks, and Ural Cossacks are preserved as subethni (the beginnings of a nation). No nation appears immediately from nowhere and does not exist forever. There is always and everywhere an invisible process of creating and developing new peoples (ethnic groups and super-ethnic groups), which absorb and consist of small nations (sub-ethnic groups). Subethnos differing in a number of features, such as the Don Cossacks, Kuban Cossacks, Terek Cossacks, and others, are trying to unite into a single Cossack subethnos - an integral part of the great Russian people (superethnos Russes). This process is tortuous, discontinuous and far from complete, but it cannot be ignored.
A resurgent Russia, of course, needs its most efficient and disciplined sons. Before our eyes, the nature of wars is changing once again. Armies are becoming relatively small and professional. Along with the traditional, so-called hybrid wars appeared, which are a harmonious combination of ordinary, guerrilla and civil wars, as well as rebellion and terrorism. Hybrid warfare is a type of asymmetric warfare and is fought on three main battlefields:
- at the front and among the population of the conflict zone;
- among the rear population;
- among the international community.
Actually, this was the case most often in the past. New is well forgotten old. Mass wars became only in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. They gave rise to total mobilization and mass armies, vast theaters of war, with accompanying all this not only mass self-sacrifice and heroism, but also mass betrayal, cowardice, panic, desertion, etc. The reality of being is that not every doctor, baker, turner, plowman, livestock breeder and even a soldier can become a warrior. Suvorov also said: "A soldier is a profession, a fighter is a vocation, and a warrior is a state of mind." Much already says that now the war is once again becoming the lot of the elect, the chivalrous deed, and the warrior is a piece product. So, even in ancient times in every tribe, if it wanted to survive, for military purposes special soldiers and field commanders were able to organize, inspire, build a crowd of tribal militias into battle formations and turn them into an efficient army. In different nations these military defenders of the clans were called differently: in the Türks, the Beks (Bei, Run), in the Russian boyars (derived from the word Fight). Cossacks (Kaisaks) also appeared from time immemorial and were teams of professional soldiers of the coastal guards and ship ratifications in the service of the steppe kagans, and later in the service of the Russian princes and kings. The security of the borders of our vast Fatherland and the strengthening of the defense capability of the border areas are also the most important problems of our time. And the Cossacks themselves, whose small homeland either borders on “hot spots” or has itself become a “hot spot”, clearly see and realize their unity with all of Russia and only in strengthening Russia they see a way out of the tense situation on the ground. It always has been. It was from the borders of Russia that both the defense and the expansion (expansion) of the Russian world always began. Therefore, the great Russian genius L.N. Tolstoy said: "All Russian история created by the Cossacks, "or so:" The Russian Empire was created by the efforts of two estates, nobles and Cossacks, the rest were present at this time, at best they did not interfere ... "Despite some exaggeration, this is not far from the truth.
Fig. 3. Great Russian Cossack wall
The beginning of the revival of the Cossacks did not pass by the attention of the state. The history of the relationship between the Russian state and the Cossacks was not smooth and conflict-free. The active participation of the Cossacks in the Time of Troubles (which ended with the Cossacks expelling the interventionists and taking an active part in the establishment of a new dynasty), the Razin, Pugachev, Bulavin uprisings — all this shows that the Cossack freemen went into the service of Russia in a thorny and complicated way. This is described in more detail in many articles in this series. (For those who still do not know: to open any of the articles of the series, you need to go to the end of the article to the section "Articles in this series", move the mouse over the desired article and click once with the left button. Even "sim-sim" no need to say, the article itself will open.)
Everyone knows that the overwhelming part of the Cossacks did not take the Soviet power in the face of the Bolsheviks, and in the bloody struggle the Cossacks suffered huge, irreparable and irreplaceable losses. The Cossack troops were eliminated, the color of the Cossacks died, tens of thousands went into exile, hundreds of thousands scattered throughout the country and live in the diaspora. But the immutable law is the fact that in difficult hours for the Motherland, the Cossacks forgot the old tensions and conflicts and went to defend Russia. No matter how painfully and unjustly the child’s mother punished, but she is a mother. And the Cossacks selflessly love their homeland. In the unity of the motherland - the pledge of the prosperity of its people. Cossacks, faithful sons of Russia, bear and are ready to continue to serve in the protection of its borders and interests. Another thing, is the state able to use this potential? In the old days skillfully. And now - the question.
Fig. 4. Cossack chevron
Fig. 5. Battle Cossacks of the end of the 20th century (Serbia)
Fig. 6. Detachment of the Cossack Babaya (Novorossiya)
Fig. 7. Cossacks of New Russia at the checkpoint
About 7 million people in Russia and the near abroad consider themselves to be the Cossacks. Moreover, according to the census 2002 of the year, 140028 residents of Russia entered in the column "nationality" - "Cossack". In the 1980-s and 1990-s of the last century, about two dozen Cossack troops united in the Union of Cossacks of Russia (except for the Don Cossack army) were recreated and created. The Ataman Council members made a sensible decision: to consider the civil war over, to stop the Cossacks splitting Cossacks about “white” and “red” Cossacks, communists and monarchists, to dissociate themselves from political passions in the movement for the revival of Cossacks. But in fact, this did not happen, as in the whole country. Comments in the "VO" on this series of articles demonstrate this with their own eyes. Especially, as before, the heirs and followers of the combats and the Trotskyists in the expressions, assessments and judgments are outraged. Professor MSU R. Samarin expressed this position in these verses:
You uprooted completely
izobrozhennoe under the root,
former Russian Cossacks -
And the memory of you know-alls
spit almost eyebrow -
Cossacks whine around
not remembering Cossack blood.
In April 1991, the RSFSR Law "On the Rehabilitation of Repressed Peoples" was adopted, which also refers to the Cossacks.
Additionally adopted decrees of the President of the Russian Federation:
- dated 15 June 1992, No. 632 "On measures to implement the Law of the Russian Federation" On the rehabilitation of repressed peoples "in relation to the Cossacks";
- March 15 1993 No. 341 "On the reform of military structures, border and internal troops in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation and the state support of the Cossacks";
- Resolution of the Supreme Council of the Russian Federation dated 16 July 1992, No. 3321-1 "On the rehabilitation of the Cossacks".
In the Russian government since 1994, the Office of the President for the Cossacks has been functioning.
In 1995 — 1996, presidential decrees have been adopted:
- "On the State Register of Cossack Societies in the Russian Federation";
- "On the procedure for attracting members of Cossack societies to the state and other services";
- "On the economic benefits of the Cossacks."
20 January 1996, by a decree of the President of the Russian Federation, established the Main Directorate of Cossack troops under the President of the Russian Federation. The process of transition of the Russian Cossacks to the civil service began.
These decrees explained many of the moments and contradictions prevailing at that time in Cossack societies. Over time, the number of legislation increases. Here are the most recent and significant:
- The concept of state policy in relation to the Russian Cossacks, decree of the President of the Russian Federation of July 02 2008
- Law of the Russian Federation dated 05 of December 2005, No. 154-ФЗ “On the State Service of the Russian Cossacks”;
- Law of the Russian Federation from 12.01.1996, No. 7-FZ "On Non-Profit Organizations";
- Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 26 2010 93 “On the types of state or other service to which members of farms, villages, urban, district (yurt), district (separate) and military Cossack societies are involved;
- Four decrees of the President of the Russian Federation of February 09 2010.
No. 168, 169, 170, 171:
1) "On approval of the emblems and banners of military Cossack societies entered in the state register of Cossack societies in the Russian Federation";
2) "On the ranks of members of Cossack societies entered in the state register of Cossack societies in the Russian Federation";
3) "On the certificate of the Cossack issued to members of Cossack societies entered in the state register of Cossack societies in the Russian Federation";
4) "On the form of clothing and insignia on the rank of members of Cossack societies entered in the state register of Cossack societies in the Russian Federation."
- The Strategy for the Development of the Russian Cossacks to 2020 of the Year was adopted and approved by the President of the Russian Federation.
Within the framework of the current legislation, we see an attempt by the Cossacks on the ground to organize themselves into the registry Cossack societies (farm, village, city, individual, military) with great hope of obtaining state and other service with a decent salary and various benefits. But few have managed to bring the statutes in full compliance with the law. Either one farm or another village is not fully developed, and in general, many departments are not formed.
The sprouts of social (non-district) Cossack activities, which are not always organized and planned, but very diverse (military-patriotic, military-sports, folklore, historical, museum, etc.) and very strong, are also clearly visible. Unlike the registered ones, the Cossacks of public Cossack organizations do not express their consent to assume the obligations to perform state and other services specified by the relevant federal and regional laws. There are many reasons for this (age, employment, work, state of health, etc.), but one of the main reasons is the one that has been taking place for the last 20 years - this is a false idea of the foundations of Cossack democracy and a persistent reluctance to obey. Buza and violence, characteristic of many Cossack societies in 1990-s, is still present almost everywhere. It is not by chance that in some regions military and detached atamans recruit half a dozen or more.
According to the current legislation, the clothes of the Cossacks of the registered and public Cossack structures should be significantly different. Since the Cossack public figures are outside the civil service, they are not allowed to wear badges, shoulder straps, sleeve emblems, chevrons. The main task of social activists - the preservation of the Cossack culture. In this case, the registry Cossacks and social activists can and should cooperate.
A very burning question: the place of the Cossacks in modern society. This question can be decomposed into three components:
- from the standpoint of non-kazakh people;
- from the position of the executive bodies of state power;
- from the position of the Cossacks themselves.
The position of "non-Kazakh people" in relation to the Cossacks is heterogeneous and ambiguous. The position of the heirs of the commanders and the Trotsky-Leninists has long been well known and does not need comments. A sensible population is watching, watching how Cossacks behave. But, unfortunately, there are few examples of how to live like a Cossack. It can be said differently: it does not infect an example of living like that. At least, no one anywhere sees a huge line-up so that people, knocking down the doorposts, run to enroll in Cossack societies.
The position of the executive bodies of state power has been clearly worked out over the past 20 years, namely: to work and interact only with organized Cossack societies within the framework of current legislation.
The position of the Cossacks themselves raises more questions than answers. Many Cossacks are very poorly adapted to today. Moreover, for many we see an almost complete rejection of everything that is happening and modern, both in matters of politics, ideology, religion, agriculture, business, information technologies, and in the field of military affairs. Many remained in their understanding of the role of the Cossacks at the level of a horse, cart, plow, pontoon, Cossack checkers and rifles of the 1891 model of the year. Meanwhile, we live in the age of computers, smart machines, high technologies, modern methods of cultivating animals, plants and working the land, perfect and high-precision weapons, rapid general combat ... Do I need to continue to list ?! For the revival of the Cossacks you need to learn all this and be able to adapt it all to the Cossack traditions. The only successful and multidisciplinary direction today is the revival, development and development of the Cossack culture. In this direction, Cossack folk ensembles not only surpassed themselves, but with their songs, performances at local and regional festivals touch even the uninitiated soul! Cossack museums amaze with the richness of the exhibits and the brightness and depth of knowledge of the guides. Of course, it needs to be preserved for posterity, to develop and supplement!
Fig. 8. And songs and dances
Fig. 9. Cossack dzhigitovka
Fig. 10. Military sports
Fig. 11. Cossacks of the XXI century
But, despite all the above difficulties, the military history of the Cossacks is not over, it only froze in anticipation, because the story is driven not only by insanity or mental awareness of individual leaders, nations or states, but above all an objective historical necessity. The history develops in a spiral, and this need will inevitably come, and the Cossacks, as a unique military-historical phenomenon, will no doubt be in demand again at a new, some other, higher level. History, like nature, is not to be deceived.
Regularly, once in 100-150 years, great enemy invasions occur in Russia. They end up for the aggressor, as a rule, very pitiable, more precisely catastrophically. Millions of Gauls, Aryans and their satellites with their biomass fertilize the soil of the endless East European Plain. Since these invasions have happened several times, it is already possible to single out certain patterns. Gaps between invasions can be divided into 3 conditional parts.
1. In the first part of the 30-50 length of years, all the surviving theorists and practitioners of the previous invasion together sprinkle ashes on their heads, repent and conjure descendants to do nothing more than that. They cite wise countrymen and ancestors, they themselves say that no one, never, under any circumstances and for any need, would go to the East, for this is an absolutely perilous business. These Russians, they say, are made from some other test, as always, any of our wisdom and cunning will respond with their unpredictable stupidity, etc. and the like, and all that, and in the end, they will certainly win.
2. In the second part of the 30-50 length of years, the newly emerged highbrow clever people and cleverly wrinkle and rub their foreheads and speak: "We do not understand anything, some kind of paradox. Everything was perfectly planned, prepared, the most convenient moment was chosen, the best people, minds and strength. What is the reason for failure? " And they begin to dig deep into annals and memoirs, they use simplex and complex, analysis and synthesis, integral and differential, dialectics and metaphysics, logic and scholasticism. Attract candidates and doctors, masters and academicians, champions and laureates, journalists and writers. Here and our Rezunov and Volkogonovyh connect. And finally knock themselves on the forehead and shout: "Eureka". Here it is, a thousand and one reasons for the disaster. If you eliminate them, then everything will be okay. And in general, the Russian victory is a tragic coincidence of circumstances and accidents, a meaningless and stupid story and a complete historical misunderstanding that is not amenable to scientific understanding.
3. And now comes the third part of the 30-50 years. Former and new highbrow clever people and clever people again strongly wrinkle and rub their foreheads and say new goals and objectives. Madeleine Albright counts that, with a population density of less than 2 people per square kilometer, this territory should certainly be interned in favor of the world community. Condoleezza Rice will announce Afghanistan as a springboard for advancing democracy in Central Asia and further north. Ex-hippie John Kerry will come up with the idea that it is easier and safer to fight the Russians until the last Ukrainian, etc. etc. And it doesn't matter that while they look at Madeleine as a shizu, from Afghanistan, instead of the triumphal march of democracy, the next Dunkirk is highlighted, and the fate of Ukraine, dear to them, is a big, big question. Despite this, the sirs, peers, and madam are working hard. The main task of this part is to unite Europe, find, prepare and mobilize millions of frostbitten landsknechts and raise the next Fuhrer or Buonaparte, which will lead the crazy Europeans once again to "Drang nach Osten". It is not so easy. After all, it’s going to be a bear. It is known that having piled on a crowd, you can even overwhelm him, although this is not an indisputable fact. But first, he will definitely break it. Therefore, no one wants to be the first. For this you need to find fools. For many centuries the role of these fools was played by the Turks and Poles together with the Allied and subordinate tribes. Wise Europeans regularly sent them to the east for slaughter. Not once did the Germans, the Swedes and the French, once even the British, be noted as fools. Americans, pay attention, are too smart to do such a stupid job. Now, the old fools have already been taught, so they are looking for new ones. Recently, in this field unsuccessfully tried to find the laurels, even the Georgians, now the Americans have a row of Ukrainians. And it is very inexpensive, practically for the pies on the Maidan, they got their hands on several millions of crazy fighting cockerels who are ready to defiantly rush at anyone whom the trainer points out. And Ukraine itself will obediently and for a long time play the role of a hungry, but evil, watchdog dog of the West in southwest Russia. This is unheard of, since the times of Gorbachev’s treachery, the success of the united West and the most honest of them have already frankly declared that they will selflessly fight Russia "until the last living Ukrainians". They are echoed by the rulers of Ukraine, who have declared their country a "body armor" of the West. To what extent do these leaders need to hate and despise their people in order to throw them at the bear?
The Fuhrer is also not easy. And the former European Fuhrers did not immediately agree; at the very least, the history of the school was taught and initially sent highbrow and hook-like theorists to three Russian letters. And the current candidates for the Fuhrer know the lessons of history very well, after all, at Harvard, Oxford and Sorbonne, their gentry are taught theories of probability and risk assessment. And with difficulty, a united Europe constantly strives to crack at the seams. But there has never been anything good from a united Europe to Russia, NEVER. Moreover, there will be nothing good even now, from a united Europe and even united with North America. This union is called NATO. Therefore, the revenge-seekers of all kinds are working hard, our collaborators, defectors, defeatists, capitulators and Vlasovists of all stripes are helping them hard, and they are hurting us hard and if they have everything stuck together ... then the story will repeat again.
In this permanent story, everything would be nothing if it were not for one big BUT. In order to pack these millions of uninvited Anglo-Saxons, Gauls, Aryans and their satellites, as well as Vlasovites who joined them, it is necessary to put at least as many of their boys and girls in a different way. And since the reflection of aggression, as a rule, takes place on our territory, we must add as many more civilians. Here is such a centuries-old and joyless arithmetic. And we are now living at the very beginning of the third part, because all these foreign bugs and our home-grown tolerant candidates for policemen, elders and burgomasters are so exhausted and fussing about.
Fig. 12. "Fifth Column" arrived for instruction at the US Embassy
Alas, the situation depicted in this figure is a centuries-old sad tradition of Russian life and politics. It so happened that the opposition in Russia is always the “fifth column” of Russia's geopolitical enemies. Back in the times of Kievan Rus, oppositional and disgraced princes and boyars constantly ran for sponsorship and military assistance “to the steppe” to the Polovtsy or to the black hoods, “beyond the river” to the Bulgars, “beyond the sea” to the Byzantines or Varangians, “beyond the mountain” to Hungarians or "for the swamp" to the Poles. During the days of medieval federalism, the opposition constantly ran to flee, complain, and beat with its head in the Horde to the khans, and after the collapse of the Horde, again, out of old habit, to Lithuania or the Poles. The oligarchs who crossed over from Ivan the Terrible to Lithuania during the Livonian War, with the help of accomplices, servants and agents, unleashed a monstrous civil war in Russia that lasted for 2 for decades, from 1894 to 1915 the year and received the name of Smoot. Its consequences were terrible for the country and the people. When Peter I cut a “window to Europe”, the geography of the opposition's sponsors expanded, and it was not necessary to go into exile. When the royal court and the government constantly acted "French, English, Austrian, Swedish, Prussian, Dutch, etc." parties openly managed by their respective ambassadors and promoting the interests of their countries through the oligarchic lobby. Who carefully watched "Midshipmen forward," he is what it is. From the middle of the XIX century, in addition to the nobles, raznochintsy joined in. After the assassination of Emperor Alexander II and the defeat of Narodnaya Volya, its leaders fled abroad, made a separation and restructuring of their ranks there, and from there continued to lead the process. The February and then the October Revolutions and the civil war became the apotheosis of their destructive activity. More about this was written in the relevant articles of this series. The situation did not change after the revolution. The disgraced Trotsky fled abroad, and the struggle against Trotskyism, that is, with his followers inside and outside the country, became the core and the deepest epistemological cause of Stalinist repression. The Great Patriotic War became a litmus test, which revealed and showed real "enemies of the people" and "traitors to the Motherland" who, under the guise of fighting the Bolshevik power, actually fought with Russia. In the second half of the last century, dissidents stepped on the same rake. In their own words, they "aimed at the Soviet Union, but, as always, they got into Russia." In those years, their writings went on in numerous perestroika publications, working in the field of ruthless, emotional and scientific criticism of everything. They took the truth as a basis, plentifully added lies, conjectures and fantasies of the authors, then they multiplied all this into grotesque. The then office plankton (numerous employees of research institutes, design bureaus, all sorts of offices and sharashka, professors, students, etc.) in kitchens and at work, discussing such publications, brought themselves to orgasm. Such was the popular fun of the then creative class, more like political masturbation. But the corrupting influence and subversive work of dissidents against the USSR gave the West unprecedented luck and ensured victory in the Cold War.
Together, dissidents, party propagandists and corrupt media in the late 80, early 90, an incredible surge of Americanism, a difficult explanation to the West, as well as a whole kaleidoscope of unrestrained socio-political and economic fantasies and illusions that more resembled girlish dreams. From the height of the years I have experienced, I can’t even clearly explain to myself the gnoseology of this phenomenon and will simply refer to the symptoms of mass psychosis. In this case, it does not matter. It is important that America and the West have missed this unique chance, namely, against the background of mass reverence, to make the entire post-Soviet space, including Russia, its satellite. Instead, they declared the USSR defeated, and its people had to kneel, sprinkle ashes on their heads and together begin to lick the West in the ass, as they once did, and the Germans and Japanese are still doing so. But the Russians are one of the most rebellious peoples in the world, and with the exception of defectors, enemies of the people, Vlasovites and compradors, they did not want to do this, if only because they were not defeated, they were simply betrayed. The Americans did not understand that even then, Russia was the only country in the world capable of destroying the United States, although at the cost of its own life. But god with them, it is their mistake, for which they will have to pay dearly. And in the most direct, and not figuratively, gold and banknotes. Since they didn’t have enough sense then to get an alliance and friendship with Russia by kindness and affection, they will have to try to buy it, but it’s not a fact that we are storming.
Until now, God alone knows how a miracle Russia at the beginning of the new millennium slipped from the hot embrace of the world government and preserved its integrity and sovereignty. Without a doubt, this is God's work. Desperate to overthrow the recalcitrant Russian government and blow up Russia from the inside, the West once again began preparations for an open invasion, of course, by proxy. In these pre-storm conditions, it is useful to make an inventory and verification of the existing political forces in terms of the presence of defense or collaborationist consciousness in them. But this is an extremely extensive and multifactorial topic and is beyond the scope of this article.
In the meantime, the point is, the country with varying success leads an active defense against the creeping offensive of NATO on Russia. As part of this defensive strategy, an unexpected resuscitation was gained by the effective medieval practice of creating frontier buffer state formations in the form of popular (read Cossack) republics, and not just located on the former lands of the Don Army. If you carefully read the articles in this series on the formation and formation of the Don Army, the analogies suggest themselves.
Thus, the history of the Cossacks continues, but it will be written by other people, the direct participants in the events. Modern military history, in contrast to the past, is written not only with a pen, but with a bayonet, and together with the ink - with blood, sweat and tears.
Fig. 13. Cossacks in the Parade of Victory in Donetsk 9 May 2015 of the year
Fig. 14. Givi at the Victory Parade in Donetsk 9 May 2015
Fig. 15. Motorola at the Victory Parade in Donetsk 9 May 2015
Fig. 16. "Givi" and "Motorola"
Fig. 17. Motorola with its fighters
Fig. 18. These lads are still without call signs, but already at the Victory Parade in Donetsk 9 May 2015 of the year
Further on fig. 19-39: the hard bread of a people's war with NATO volunteers (new Ukrainian hiwi)