"Forge" engineering aviation personnel is no longer

"Forge" engineering aviation personnel is no longerIn the buildings of the former Air Force Engineering Academy named after Professor N. Ye. Zhukovsky (Moscow), located in the Petrovsky Park area, the dismantling of stands and equipment began to be sent to Voronezh, where a single military training scientific center of the Air Force is being created.

Understand including full-size models of aircraft engines, on-board instruments and armament models. Since September 1, the educational process on the territory of the former academy is terminated. Already with 2007, the school is not recruited for training students.


In 2008, the Zhukovsky Academy was merged with the Y.A. Gagarin Air Force Academy (Monino). At their base, the Air Force Military Training Center "Air Force Academy named after Professor N. Ye. Zhukovsky and Yu. A. Gagarin" (Moscow, pgt. Monino) was created.

In recent years, students-listeners from the military were trained on the educational territory of the former Zhukovka, as well as senior students completed their education. The maximum number of military and civilian personnel of the joint university was determined in 4614 people. Then, as part of the formation of the new look of the Armed Forces, a decision was made to create in Voronezh a single military training scientific center of the Air Force with two branches to train core specialists. In this regard, the existing aviation universities, including the Air Force Academy named after Professor N. Ye. Zhukovsky and Yu. A. Gagarin, are being eliminated.

History The Zhukovsky VVIA originates in 1919, when, at the initiative of Professor Nikolai Yegorovich Zhukovsky, the first Russian aviation technology was established, the purpose of which was to provide comprehensive theoretical and practical training of specialists in aeronautical engineering, engine building and the operation of aviation and engine-aviation factories. Already in 1920, the Moscow Aviation Technique was reorganized into the Institute of Engineers of the Red Air Fleet named after NE Zhukovsky. In 1922, the university was given the name “Academy of the Air Fleet named after N. Ye. Zhukovsky”. In 1923, it was decided to transfer it to the building of the former Petrovsky Palace, which was renamed the Palace of Red Aviation. The Academy was assigned a large plot of land around the Petrovsky Palace, where they built several academic buildings and dormitories for students and teachers.

Among the graduates of Zhukovka are well-known general designers Sergey Ilyushin, Artem Mikoyan, Alexander Yakovlev, Nikolai Kuznetsov, chief aviation marshals Konstantin Vershinin and Pavel Zhigarev, eight aviation marshals, 30 cosmonaut pilots, including the first cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, the first woman cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova and the first man in history, who went out into space, Alexey Leonov.

109 graduates of the Academy were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union and Hero of Socialist Labor (of which 17 people twice), 200 won the Lenin and State Prizes. Just a few years ago, more than 100 doctors and 400 candidates of science, more than 80 professors, 130 assistant professors and senior researchers, six State Prize winners, 18 Honored Scientists of the Russian Federation worked in the staff of Zhukovka.
Ctrl Enter

Noticed a mistake Highlight text and press. Ctrl + Enter

50 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in