- Are there any cardinal differences in the physical training of airborne troops and representatives of other troops?
- Perhaps, there are no particular differences. After all, physical exercises for all troops are the same. Everywhere there are uniform standard regulatory documents. But at the same time, the physical training of paratroopers is based primarily on the specifics of their service, which requires special qualities from them. And further. Marines do physical exercises with a special psychological attitude, and the results are usually higher than others.
Our servicemen understand that these exercises will help them survive in various, including extremely difficult, extreme circumstances. Come to us for physical training exercises. What will you see? For example, a rookie soldier pulls up on a crossbar. Behind 5, 6, 7, 8 pull-ups ... It seems that everything can no longer, but he shouts: "For the Airborne Forces!" And this soldier stretches through "I can't" and at the same time he shouts: "For the Airborne Forces!" this is the main thing in the physical training of our soldiers.
- Recently, there have been many changes in the Armed Forces. More attention began to be paid to the physical training of servicemen. Did these changes affect the Airborne Forces?
- The basis of the new model of physical training, adopted in the Armed Forces three years ago, was just borrowed from the Airborne Forces. Our model is the most effective. This has been proven by various comprehensive checks. We have increased the number of hours allocated to physical training. Classes began to take place more often.
- And the Airborne Forces do not plan to take into account some weight criteria of the military? Suppose, relatively speaking, someone gained two clearly extra pounds, he is given six months to get rid of them. Six months later, they checked - they made a remark, and a year later, if the excess weight was not eliminated, dismissal ...
- I do not see the point. A person fulfills all the required standards. If he, with his weight, solves the task entrusted to him, then why dismiss him? The main thing in the army is the readiness to perform tasks for the intended purpose ... By the way, lately many officers have been dismissed due to non-compliance with the conditions of the contract for their physical condition. Work in this regard is very large.
- That is, on the one hand, monetary incentives for those who show good results in physical training. And on the other hand, if you don’t cope with the standards, wait for the dismissal ...
- Yes, that is right. If a soldier fails to comply with the standards stipulated in the contract, he is given five months to correct an unsatisfactory assessment. If during this period he was unable to correct it, to achieve the desired results, then the decision for the commander. But the approach to this is integrated, not without a hitch. After all, you never know for what reasons a soldier during this period could not fulfill these standards. There may be some disease. Moreover, diseases associated, for example, with participation in solving some special problems. But if a person, because of his laziness, does not want to practice regularly, because of indifference, he has a rating of “unsatisfactory”, he is simply taken outside the Armed Forces.
Today, the task is to master military-applied sports as widely as possible. In our troops, we hold a lot of competitions. First on the scale of the company, the battalion, then on the scale of the unit. Competitions on military-applied types develop special qualities that are necessary in a combat situation.
“Soldiers who begin conscription service are ordinary young men who have been selected by military registration and enlistment offices.” How are they with physical training at the very beginning of the service?
- Unfortunately, the level of physical fitness of the guys who just came from the “citizen” and beginners of the service is so low that we have to put them on the wing for the first six months, if I may say so. It takes a lot of time to bring the results of many of them at least to the three, to ensure that they simply become physically strong and ready to perform official tasks. In this case, we do not talk about sports. We talk more about military-applied sports, talking about contract servicemen. Now many parts are switching to full acquisition by contract. And we are planning an experiment in one of these parts. It will consist in that contract servicemen were engaged not just in physical training, but namely in military-applied sports. Let's see what happens ...
Physical training in the form in which it exists today is good just for the young people who come to us for a year of service. It is necessary for these young men to improve, slightly pump up, raise the level of their skills and endurance ... Already on regular morning exercises, the foundation of their future physical health is laid. They are held six times a week for 50 minutes. In all parts of the 100 Airborne Forces, the percentage of conscripts is provided with sportswear. They have good sports shoes, modern sportswear. Dressed, shod - and you can begin to exercise. And when a person begins to exercise, then their qualities, their level of physical fitness raises to a certain level and maintains on it. In parallel, there are also training sessions in combat training, in which a soldier in sports shoes, of course, no longer walks. He is wearing military shoes on them. And gradually, without losing physical qualities, a person gets used to this shoe. Doing exercises in military uniform, the so-called exercises that characterize military applied skills, does not begin immediately ...
I will give an example. I was the head of the department of the Ryazan School. And I had a constant problem: we recruit cadets with decent physical results, we go through a period of general military training, conduct control classes and see a drop in the level of physical fitness somewhere on 30 – 40 percent. We decided to conduct an experiment. In August, charging, training sessions began to be held in sports form, not in the military. And as a result, the level of physical training in the guys remained the same. We did not raise it in the young men during this period, but he remained at the same level as he was when they came to us. This experiment convinced: due to the fact that the young men had unusual military shoes, they did not have the opportunity to show good results. At least those that they were capable of.
- The basis of charge is running?
- Yes. Then there are training sessions. They are held daily before lunch. Twice a week in the evening we set aside an hour for sports mass work. On Sundays, as a rule, various competitions in military-applied sports are planned. Such is our model of physical training.
On the charge, we do not complete the exercises, but the complexes of hand-to-hand combat. Still, this is the Airborne Forces, so more attention is paid to these complexes. Of course, any occupation, any charging begins with the construction. If it is possible, then on a part scale. Mandatory - musical accompaniment. And this is necessarily the songs that glorify the Airborne Forces. There is no other way ... The personality must develop harmoniously. We pay great attention to the crossbar, and overcoming obstacles, and hand-to-hand combat. The main focus of the Airborne Forces is on the development of such qualities as endurance. After all, how in combat conditions? The man puts on a bulletproof vest, helmet, ammunition, takes a dry bag, as it should be, on the 3 of the day. And with all this cargo, try to go 10 kilometers at a pace ... And we are preparing our servicemen for this. To achieve the result is not easy. Through sweat, blood, thanks to the will, character ...
In our country today there are many different military-patriotic clubs, cadet classes, in which children are trained specifically for service in the Airborne Forces. As a rule, their graduates come to us, becoming a kind of elite of draft youth.
- A lot of those?
- Approximately 10 – 15 percent of the total number of recruits.
- What concept do you teach hand-to-hand combat today?
- There is such a thing - “army hand-to-hand combat”. It is based on practicing strikes, protective actions. Hand-to-hand combat, we consider as a means of moral and psychological education. The main goal - the formation of self-confidence. Let's not fool ourselves: for the year of an excellent hand-to-hand fighting fighter, we will not bring up. It takes years. But to strengthen the will, character, I think, there is just enough year.
By the way, the fourth year cadet of the Ryazan Higher Airborne Command School named after Army General V.F. Margelova Denis Koshkarov became the champion of the Russian Federation in the army hand-to-hand combat. The tournament was held in Moscow on the basis of CSKA. The cadet paratrooper won the title of champion in the most prestigious weight category over 85 kilograms.
In total, 20 teams of martial arts masters from different regions of Russia: Dagestan, South Ossetia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Zabaykalsky Krai, Sverdlovsk, Samara, Belgorod regions took part in these competitions ... The paratroopers won the second place in the team event.
June 23 in the Ryazan School held solemn events dedicated to the 132 graduation of young officers. The official part of the celebration began with the ringing of the bells of the Church of the Holy Blessed Prince of the Passion-Bearers Boris and Gleb. About 350 graduates, including 50 representatives of the armed forces of foreign countries, received diplomas of the higher military educational institution and the military rank of lieutenant. For the first time among graduates were 13 female lieutenants. Of the four medalists - one girl. According to the established tradition, undergraduates conducted demonstrative classes on the school's parade ground, demonstrating to relatives and friends the skills of using special weapons and techniques of army hand-to-hand combat.
Upon completion of the holidays, most of the young officers will occupy primary positions in the airborne (assault landing) formations deployed in various regions of the Russian Federation. Others will be sent for further service to the air assault brigades of military districts and special-purpose units.
- In physical training, the Airborne Troops, both private and non-commissioned officers, and officers, were always at the level of ...
- It has always been so. So be sure, and continue. From 17 to June 23, for example, the Armed Forces Parachuting Championship was held on the basis of the 106 Airborne Division. This championship is held annually on the basis of one of the airborne (amphibious assault) formations of the Airborne Forces. This year the competitions were held at the landing site "Klokovo", on the basis of the Tula airborne unit. The competition involved 80 people. Parachutist teams represented military districts, types of the Armed Forces and the armed forces, as well as departments and organizations that cultivate parachuting.
The Airborne Forces personnel made parachute jumps with the Malva-24 parachute system, which already proved itself well when performing exercises on landing accuracy. Additional controls on this system allow you to maneuver in height and withstand strong wind. 18 competitions were judged by highly qualified referees with the help of special automatic counting and television equipment. The championship program was compiled in accordance with the standards of the International Council of Military Sports. It included individual and group jumps for landing accuracy from a height of 900 – 1.100 m and individual acrobatic jumps from a height of 2.200 m.
The airborne troops were represented by the 40 best paratrooper athletes serving in various units and formations of the airborne forces. 12 of them are reigning world and European champions. The main result of the competition was the acquisition of the national team of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation to participate in the European and World Championships under the auspices of the International Council of Military Sports and the International aviation federation.
Today, military service without physical training, physical improvement of personnel is not conceived. And especially in the Airborne Forces.