Tanks and armored vehicles of the 24th Wehrmacht tank division advancing in the steppes on Stalingrad.
German infantry among the ruins of the destroyed Stalingrad.
Calculation of the German 50-mm anti-tank gun PaK 38 at one of the intersections of Stalingrad.
The position of the German machine-gun crew in one of the houses of Stalingrad.
Soldiers of the 545 Infantry Regiment of the 389 Infantry Division of the Wehrmacht at the ruins of the Red October plant in Stalingrad. On the left you can see the German ACS StuG III.
German sappers under the guise of the self-propelled gun "Sturmgeshuts" (StuG III) are sent to the Soviet positions in Stalingrad.
German SAU Marder III on the outskirts of Stalingrad.
German medium tank Pz.Kpfw. IV with the number "833" from the 14-th Panzer Division of the Wehrmacht on the German positions in Stalingrad. On the tower, in front of the number is viewed the tactical emblem of the division.
Panzergrenadery 16-th Panzer Division of the Wehrmacht, left to the bank of the Volga near Stalingrad
Stalingrad, autumn 1942 of the year. The officer sets the combat mission to the non-commissioned officers of the German 389 Infantry Division in Stalingrad. Most likely, these are commanders of subunits and crews, since the majority of people are standing next to an officer who has binoculars on his chest. Left, in the foreground - armed with the captured Soviet rifle SVT-40.
German ober-lieutenant with captured Soviet machine PPSh in the ruins of Stalingrad.
The first bombing of Stalingrad. Women with belongings flee to the shelter.
Residents of Stalingrad carry their belongings, going to the evacuation.
Minesweeper Koshuba mines the entrance to the house during street battles.
Sappers clear the way to the assault group.
Sappers mine approaches and entrances to the building.
A worker at the Stalingrad Red October factory with a DT-29 machine gun.
Red Army soldiers calculating the 12,7-mm DShK anti-aircraft machine gun observe the flight of a pair of Il-2 attack aircraft.
The gun ZiS-3 Sergeant Afanasyev firing in the battle for Stalingrad.
Fighters 13-th Guards Rifle Division in Stalingrad in the hours of rest.
Residents of the occupied part of Stalingrad prepare their own food.
Soviet soldiers and commanders (in the center there are two lieutenant generals, a little to the right - major general) are considering the German tank Pz.Kpfw captured near Stalingrad. III Ausf. L. The tank has emblems of two German tank divisions: on the turret, above the 223 number (seen in the photo from other angles) - a diamond-shaped ribbon (14-I tank division) and on the wing in front of the caterpillar - a galloping horseman who takes barrier (24-I tank division).
Trucks GAZ-MM, used as fuel trucks, during refueling at one of the stations near Stalingrad. The engine hoods are covered with covers, instead of doors there are tarpaulin valves. Don Front, winter 1942 — 1943's.
Red Army soldiers from the dugout in Stalingrad are busy cleaning weapons, PPSH-41 submachine guns and DP-27 machine guns.
A column of Soviet armored vehicles BA-64 enters the firing line south of Stalingrad.
Soviet machine gunners on the roof of a house in Stalingrad.
Soviet gunners, stationed at the German military cemetery, firing at German positions in Stalingrad from 76-mm divisional gun model 1942, ZiS-3.
Soviet machine-gunners with the Maxim machine-gun of the 1910 model of the year change their position near Stalingrad.
Soviet mortar gunners with 82-mm mortar change position in the area of Stalingrad.
Disguised Soviet tank T-34-76 on the east bank of the Volga during the defense of Stalingrad.
Soviet soldiers firing 45-mm anti-tank gun model 1937, 53-K on German positions in Stalingrad.
Mass grave of Soviet soldiers on the banks of the Volga in Stalingrad. The fence is made from the backs of the beds.
Soviet soldiers are moving an 76-mm 1927 model regimental cannon to the firing line at Stalingrad.
Soviet fighters view the captured Nazi flag on the banks of the Volga in Stalingrad.
Soviet officers at the observation point in the shop Stalingrad factory "Red October".
Workers of the Stalingrad Tractor Plant (FCZ) to protect their plant from the advancing German troops. The fighter in the foreground is armed with a tank gun Dygtereva (DT), which was installed on the factory produced tanks T-34.
Destroyed by the battles of the Stalingrad Tractor Plant bird's-eye view.
The central entrance of the Stalingrad metallurgical plant "Red October" after the end of the fighting.
Soviet snipers go to the firing position in a ruined house in Stalingrad.
Red Army soldiers capture a German sniper in the destroyed house of Stalingrad.
The attack of Soviet soldiers on a destroyed house in Stalingrad captured by German troops.
The commander of the 62 Army of the Stalingrad Front, Lieutenant-General Vasily Ivanovich Chuykov (with a stick) and a member of the military council of the Stalingrad Front, Lieutenant-General Kuzma Akimovich Gurov (on the left of Chuikov) in the Stalingrad area.
Captured in good condition German tank Pz.Kpfw. Iv. Territory of the Stalingrad Tractor Plant.
Captured Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus (Friedrich Paulus, right), the commander of the Wehrmacht’s 6 Army surrounded in Stalingrad, and his adjutant Wilhelm Adam were escorted to the headquarters of the Soviet 64 Army.
Soviet troops in the attack, in the foreground a horse-drawn carriage with food, behind the Soviet tanks T-34. Stalingrad front. Author photo name: "The roads of the offensive."
Soviet troops in the offensive near Stalingrad, in the foreground the famous Katyusha rocket launchers, behind the T-34 tanks.
The soldier pulls a wounded comrade from the battlefield on the outskirts of Stalingrad.
Residents of the Soviet village, previously occupied by the Germans, meet the crew of a light tank T-60 from the composition of the Soviet liberators. District of Stalingrad.
Soviet tank crews in T-34 tanks after the end of the fighting in Stalingrad.
Tankers of the 24 of the Soviet tank corps (from 26 of December 1942 of the year - 2 of the Guards) on the armor of the T-34 tank during the liquidation of the German forces encircled near Stalingrad.
German soldier's cemetery in the village of Stalingrad.
Captured German officers 6-th army of the Wehrmacht in Stalingrad. The first four, from left to right: Major General Otto Korfes, commander of the 295 Infantry Division; Lieutenant Colonel Gerhard Dissel, Chief of Staff of the 295 Infantry Division; artillery general Max Pfeffer, commander of the 4 Army Corps; General of Artillery Walter von Zeidlitz-Kurzbach (Walther von Seydlitz-Kurzbach), commander of the 51 Army Corps.
A resident of Stalingrad and passing German prisoners of war.
German prisoners in the area of Stalingrad.
German prisoners captured at Stalingrad, divide the bread.
Column of captured Germans, Romanians and Italians Stalingrad.
The graves of German soldiers in the destroyed Stalingrad.
After encircling the German 6 Army at Stalingrad and blocking the ways of its food supply, a famine began in the German troops. The Germans ate all the livestock of the locals, all the domestic animals and the horses killed during the fighting in Stalingrad.
Tank T-34 with its own name "Homeland" on the Square of Fallen Fighters in Stalingrad. To the left you can see the famous building of the central department store, badly damaged during the fighting.
Frontline cameraman shoots a column of German prisoners in Stalingrad. The column moves along the bank of the Volga.
German prisoners of war at Stalingrad.
The surviving civilians after the end of the Battle of Stalingrad. Spring-early summer 1943 year.
May Day demonstration in the destroyed Stalingrad. In the foreground is the tail of the downed German He-111 bomber.
Soviet women dismantled debris at the railway station in Stalingrad.
Soviet children are returning home from lessons from the destroyed school in liberated Stalingrad.
Children at the desks of the destroyed school in Stalingrad. Spring 1943 of the year.
German prisoners are loading a car with bricks in Stalingrad.
The famous fountain "Children's dance" in Stalingrad in 1948 year.
Helmet with a skull of a Soviet soldier in Stalingrad. Found during debris analysis in the fall of 1945.