Military Review

The platform is the same, the "brains" are different: the BrahMos CD version of the "anti-AWACS" is being developed

36

The Russian press cites a statement by Alexander Maksichev, co-director of the BrahMos joint venture with India, which is engaged in the creation of cruise missiles.


Information Service RIA News cites the statement of Alexander Maksichev, who names one of the developed directions of development of the CD BrahMos. According to the co-director of the joint Russian-Indian company, the project has been approved for the BrahMos air-to-air cruise missile, which will be capable of destroying aviation radio detection and guidance complexes. We are talking about aircraft of the AWACS type (AWACS).

In particular, Boeing E-3 Sentry AWACS are actively used in the USA. They are also in service with such states as Britain, Saudi Arabia, France. Also, several of these aircraft are assigned to the airbases of the unified NATO Air Force system.

According to Alexander Maksichev, the completion of work within the framework of a new project to conduct the first test launch of BrahMos "anti-AWACS" is planned for 2024.

Modifications of the BrahMos missiles that exist at the moment are designed to destroy ground and surface targets. Not so long ago, India tested the BrahMos missile carrier from the Su-30MKI carrier against a target on the ocean surface. The tests were successful.

Maksichev announced the expansion of the line of BrahMos missiles, noting that the range will include those that will be able to destroy large aviation targets:

The platform will remain the same, but its "brains" will be different - a different homing head to destroy a contrasting target.
36 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. aszzz888
    aszzz888 14 September 2020 07: 05 New
    +3
    According to the co-director of the joint Russian-Indian company, the project of the BrahMos air-to-air cruise missile has been approved, which will be capable of destroying airborne radio detection and guidance systems. We are talking about AWACS-type aircraft (AWACS).
    So yes, first of all it is necessary to deal with the reasons, in this case the planes of the AWACS type, and then with the consequences of these reasons.
    1. hrych
      hrych 14 September 2020 09: 37 New
      +3
      A badly needed topic. It is logical to hit a subsonic target with a supersonic CD. Moreover, you and I understand that aviation Bramos is good. But launching Onyx from the Bastion PU with the same anti-aircraft seeker is also not bad. For target designation, for example, from the ZGRLS Container or from the Voronezh radar. Those. exclude the rise to intercept the aircraft and exit to the line of attack. Immediately zhahnut and hello. Moreover, we guess that the warhead is much lighter than in the anti-ship missile version, including the special one. If the S-500 strikes up to 500 km, then the Onyx ZKR will work from 500 km and more. A high-altitude, large, actively working with its own radar, slow and poorly maneuverable target - easy prey. One advantage was to stay at a distance, and preferably in your own air defense zone. Now it will not work, the eyes of the blind stealth will go out.
      1. Alex777
        Alex777 14 September 2020 11: 51 New
        0
        The topic is strange. All hope that the AWACS plane will not believe that Brahmos is flying to him? bully
        1. Temples
          Temples 14 September 2020 12: 42 New
          -1
          Why strange?
          And what difference does it make or don’t believe?
          What will destroy the rocket flying towards him?
          He cannot dodge because he was not created for that.
          1. SovAr238A
            SovAr238A 14 September 2020 16: 07 New
            0
            Quote: Temples
            Why strange?
            And what difference does it make or don’t believe?
            What will destroy the rocket flying towards him?
            He cannot dodge because he was not created for that.



            How far can AWACS be able to detect such a huge target?
            Kilometers 300?
            Well the edge is 220 ..

            What is the range of the missile seeker?
            Kilometers 20?
            Well edge 30 ...

            How long will it take for Awax to turn on its most powerful electronic warfare systems and leave the intended engagement zone? Yes, I understand that AWACS is not the most maneuverable aircraft, and is very limited in maneuvers ...

            But he has enough time to react ...

            And let's not forget that AWACS planes of the USA and NATO countries, like aircraft carriers, do not fly without fighter escort.
            Accordingly, a strike against an anti-AWACS missile using AMRAAM fighter missiles is quite acceptable.
            1. Boris Chernikov
              Boris Chernikov 15 September 2020 13: 31 New
              -1
              therefore, they usually carry out a salvo launch wink
              1. SovAr238A
                SovAr238A 15 September 2020 18: 55 New
                -2
                Quote: Boris Chernikov
                therefore, they usually carry out a salvo launch wink


                Those. Do you think the Americans are such fools who will not detect a massive flight of fighters in the direction of the AWACS aircraft?
                But the plane can fit no more than one Brahmos-type missile ...

                That the Americans, having discovered a mass of fighters at a distance of 500 km, will not do anything? That they will be stupidly spinning on their route, regardless of the situation?
                Stop believing Zadornov ...
                1. Boris Chernikov
                  Boris Chernikov 15 September 2020 18: 58 New
                  -3
                  Well, it all depends on tactics - if you shout on the air on an open frequency, "we are flying to shoot down Avax" .. then of course he will notice, but if you secretly move forward and launch missiles ... then for Avax everything will be sad .. By the way .. how then refers to the words of the American general, who bluntly said that the situation had changed and in the event of a war in Europe he would run out of Avaks in 2 weeks and that it was necessary to change the approach to providing intelligence.
                  1. SovAr238A
                    SovAr238A 15 September 2020 19: 47 New
                    -2
                    Quote: Boris Chernikov
                    Well, it all depends on tactics - if you shout on the air on an open frequency, "we are flying to shoot down Avax" .. then of course he will notice, but if you secretly move forward and launch missiles ... then for Avax everything will be sad .. By the way .. how then refers to the words of the American general, who bluntly said that the situation had changed and in the event of a war in Europe he would run out of Avaks in 2 weeks and that it was necessary to change the approach to providing intelligence.


                    NATO has more than 60 AWACS in Europe ...

                    How can you covertly move forward when an enemy bandura is hanging at an altitude of 11 thousand kilometers (and in the case of real detectors of such bandura large and small there will be about 10 pieces in the air), equipped with an AFAR radar with a detection range of low-flying targets against the background of the earth of at least 500 kilometers .. ...
                    When the enemy has about 2 dozen satellites, public and private, capable at any moment of time to defuse the exhaust torches of aircraft taking off ...
                    When the enemy also has a ZGRLS, and France does, by the way, did not know? It hits 3 thousand km ...
                    Moreover, the enemy has AN / TPS-71, which is carried by a pair of planes and hits 2500 kilometers ... And at least 4 of them have been built.

                    Do you think the enemy is dumber than us?
                    An enemy that surpasses us in microelectronics by a couple of orders of magnitude in theory, and by 3-4 orders of magnitude in practice ...


                    When the enemy has 8 times more fighters in the European theater of operations ...


                    What are you going to destroy there ??????
                    1. Boris Chernikov
                      Boris Chernikov 15 September 2020 20: 17 New
                      -4
                      laughing you ask the American general, he seems to know better than you from the couch. By the way, following your logic, you need to go shoot yourself because "oh, the enemy has the most, we are losing!" and everything is in the same form) or do you really think Avax is a wunderwolf?) laughing By the way, there is no need to wind up the range of Avaxes) otherwise they already have low-flying aircraft with "at least 500 km see")
                      1. SovAr238A
                        SovAr238A 17 September 2020 19: 42 New
                        -2
                        Quote: Boris Chernikov
                        laughing you ask the American general, he seems to know better than you from the couch. By the way, following your logic, you need to go shoot yourself because "oh, the enemy has the most, we are losing!" and everything is in the same form) or do you really think Avax is a wunderwolf?) laughing By the way, there is no need to wind up the range of Avaxes) otherwise they already have low-flying aircraft with "at least 500 km see")



                        Yes, we are not a rival to the Americans, together with NATO in a direct clash, we will lose if just a meat grinder begins ...

                        let's be honest.

                        Have you forgotten the Russian proverb? "Do not boast to the army walking, but boast from the army walking!" ...

                        Awaks are really a Wunderwaffle for the Air Force.
                        Just because when you have a hundred of them, that's plus 50 to your karma. when you have 5 of them, that's zero ...

                        You don't need to shoot, you need to understand that now we are weaker ..
                        Therefore, if you do something, do tsuka quietly ...
                        Don't talk about Poseidons and Daggers.
                        Don't worry about anything ...


                        Although...
                        We're talking about Poseidons, about Petrels ...
                        But something like that "on the drum" ...
                        Do not take articles of supposedly Chinese and national interest into account. They are written by the same Russian people ..

                        Look here.
                        The INF Treaty was torn apart with us when the Americans learned about equipping the 9K720 complex with cruise missiles with a range of 2200 km ...
                        But there was no fuss in the press about this, there was nothing ...

                        Do you understand the logic?
                        What we really have - is not advertised in the media in principle - but it is not a secret for American intelligence ...

                        And what is advertised with cartoons - they are not afraid in principle ...
                        so who is this ad for?
                        For Russian idiots?
                      2. Boris Chernikov
                        Boris Chernikov 18 September 2020 08: 20 New
                        0
                        how many words .. what .. this wunderwaffle learned to survive anti-aircraft missiles? about all sorts of "tryndim" .. you can immediately see "tovarischa" who dreams of a green card) do you really believe that the Americans are so scared of lionfish for Iskander? Could you tell me why then they say something about tanks indistinctly and strictly demand that we put pressure on China in terms of abandoning medium and short-range missiles? Not to mention the fact that Russia has Calibers and a scheme for placing them on the ground in case the US withdrawal from the treaty ... They knew very well that Iskander was NOT equipped with missiles that violate the treaty, but they had to either drag China into the treaty or get medium-range missiles on land themselves ... which they actually do). By the way ... about cartoons. it is very funny to read sofa experts who shout that NATO is not afraid of cartoons, and then NATO generals who demand to take action against the same cartoons) funny)
                      3. Boris Chernikov
                        Boris Chernikov 18 September 2020 08: 25 New
                        0
                        by the way, it's very funny to read about "don't tryndi" .. especially on Topvar) .. On which a bunch of experts squeal in one voice that "since we were not told, then this is not present" ...
          2. Ali
            Ali Yesterday, 21: 40 New
            0
            Quote: SovAr238A
            How far can AWACS be able to detect such a huge target?
            Kilometers 300?
            Ну край - 220 ..

            What is the range of the missile seeker?
            Kilometers 20?
            Ну край 30 ...

            Дитя! Видимо из ванны не вылезаете! Малограмотный тролль, учите матчасть и помойте свой грязный язык:
            Самолёты модификации E-3B имеют усовершенствованную РЛС AN/APY-2 с БЦВМ 4PiCC-2, новые системы кодовой цифровой связи. Самолёт может работать по надводным и малоподвижным воздушным целям. По программе модернизации RSIP предусматривалась доработка РЛС с целью эффективного обнаружения маловысотных крылатых ракет. Заявлено, что после модернизации приёмной части локатора последний сможет обнаруживать объекты с ЭПР (эффективной площадью рассеивания сигнала) 1 m² at a range of up to 425 km.
            https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-3_Sentry

            Даже, вами любимая Википедия, говорит обратное вашим потугам! И про ГСН не забудьте прочитать, и не надо писать ложь и показывать свои полные незнания тем на ВО, при этом оплёвывая российскую технику и не только...
    2. SovAr238A
      SovAr238A 14 September 2020 17: 05 New
      -1
      Quote: hrych
      A badly needed topic. It is logical to hit a subsonic target with a supersonic CD. Moreover, you and I understand that aviation Bramos is good. But launching Onyx from the Bastion PU with the same anti-aircraft seeker is also not bad. For target designation, for example, from the ZGRLS Container or from the Voronezh radar. Those. exclude the rise to intercept the aircraft and exit to the line of attack. Immediately zhahnut and hello. Moreover, we guess that the warhead is much lighter than in the anti-ship missile version, including the special one. If the S-500 strikes up to 500 km, then the Onyx ZKR will work from 500 km and more. A high-altitude, large, actively working with its own radar, slow and poorly maneuverable target - easy prey. One advantage was to stay at a distance, and preferably in your own air defense zone. Now it will not work, the eyes of the blind stealth will go out.



      Are you out of your mind?

      Are you ready to make URVV based on the anti-ship missiles ???
      Do you represent the maneuvers of the URVV?
      No anti-ship missile system will ever make such maneuvers.

      It's easier to design a new URVV from scratch than to make a stork from a hippopotamus ...


      The same Phoenix of the 60s with a flight range of 180 km had a mass of 450 kg
      The modern AMRAAM version D with a range of 150 km has a mass of 150 kg.

      Do you dream of transferring a 3-ton rocket, a hulking rocket and a maneuverable URVV ..
      Onyx (Brahmos) - maybe fast for anti-ship missiles, but they are very slow-moving (2 times like this) for long-range missile defense systems.
      And maybe, due to its slow speed, it is extremely ineffective.
      AWACS aircraft, like aircraft carriers in the case of a DB, will always be accompanied by a pair of fighters.
      Always.
      Accordingly, fighters such an extremely clumsy and huge target like Brahmos would be too easy a target.
      Especially understanding. that the school of modern SAM and URVV is getting closer and closer to the direct kinetic impact ... Electronics almost makes it possible to guarantee this.
      1. hrych
        hrych 14 September 2020 17: 48 New
        +1
        Quote: SovAr238A
        Are you out of your mind?

        If you want to argue, then don't be rude. If you are rude, go your own way. Firstly, Sentry is a big and fat chicken at a speed of 800 km / h, and Onyx at a speed of 3000 km / h. Where can this cake go, or with his plate he can show you super-maneuverability. So, this is your problem with the mind. The missile of the S-400 complex, namely 40N6E, has a mass of almost 2000 kg, while Onyx has 3000 kg. So what? Well, one and a half times. Turn on your mind. A special missile defense unit works especially well. Both the s-300 and the s-400 have them in the nomenclature. Therefore, both Sentry and cover in one fell swoop. We have never suffered from a kinetic blow. Why is this? The shrapnel cloud is much more effective and with a larger radius. Intercept Onyx is your wet fantasy. Go and intercept, if you're so smart. Everything, talking to you is initially disgusting, don't answer me.
        1. SovAr238A
          SovAr238A 14 September 2020 19: 56 New
          -2
          Quote: hrych
          Quote: SovAr238A
          Are you out of your mind?

          If you want to argue, then don't be rude. If you are rude, go your own way. Firstly, Sentry is a big and fat chicken at a speed of 800 km / h, and Onyx at a speed of 3000 km / h. Where can this cake go, or with his plate he can show you super-maneuverability. So, this is your problem with the mind. The missile of the S-400 complex, namely 40N6E, has a mass of almost 2000 kg, while Onyx has 3000 kg. So what? Well, one and a half times. Turn on your mind. A special missile defense unit works especially well. Both the s-300 and the s-400 have them in the nomenclature. Therefore, both Sentry and cover in one fell swoop. We have never suffered from a kinetic blow. Why is this? The shrapnel cloud is much more effective and with a larger radius. Intercept Onyx is your wet fantasy. Go and intercept, if you're so smart. Everything, talking to you is initially disgusting, don't answer me.


          Who are you to tell me?
          Bastard in a coat, chtoli?

          You attribute the possibility of targeting the Voronezh radar ...
          And even more so the possibility of targeting ZGRLS Container ...

          Which, in principle, cannot have this simply due to the design features and principles of work.
          But for your mind it is too difficult.
          Much easier to come up with.
          Figured it out myself. I believed it myself ...

          All your inventions are the fruit of fever delirium ...
          1. hrych
            hrych 14 September 2020 21: 03 New
            +1
            Quote: SovAr238A
            All your inventions are the fruit of fever delirium ...

            Why are you writing to me? Why are you bothering me? Concern? Maybe a mental illness? wassat
            Quote: SovAr238A
            You attribute the possibility of targeting the Voronezh radar ...

            You open the link:
            https://life.ru/p/1018974
            And read the smart guy: "The Voronezh-VP" radar will not only track the launches of such missiles, but also issue target designations to air defense systems - the S-400 and promising S-500 complexes. "
            In short, argue not with me, but with the authors of the article wassat
  2. Rzzz
    Rzzz 14 September 2020 23: 17 New
    +2
    Quote: aszzz888
    first of all, it is necessary to deal with the reasons, in this case aircraft of the AWACS type,

    In addition to them, there are also refuellers. Without kerosene, not only Awax, but all other airplanes will fall.
  • tlauicol
    tlauicol 14 September 2020 07: 24 New
    +2
    Why take such a fool on board? Hurt KS-172, finally! Maybe you can also suggest using ICBMs to shoot the planes? They saw and saw for .. fifteen years, then they switch to the next Manilovism and ask for money .. do at least something humanly!
    1. grandfather_Kostya
      grandfather_Kostya 14 September 2020 09: 05 New
      +2
      such a fool
      must be taken on board to fire at AWACS from a distance of more than 400 km while the Su-30 is not visible on radar.
      1. bayard
        bayard 14 September 2020 10: 42 New
        0
        Quote: grandfather_Kostya
        from a distance of more than 400 km while the Su-30 is not visible on the radar

        Su-30, yes with "Brahmos" on suspension, AWACS will detect at a distance of over 400 km. perhaps even over 500 km. I think this development is specifically for the Indian Air Force, our VKS does not need such a thing - there are R-37 and its carriers.
        1. Rzzz
          Rzzz 14 September 2020 23: 19 New
          +1
          Quote: bayard
          AWACS will detect at a distance of over 400 km. ,

          Awax and do not need to be detected. When it works, it "dusts" with its radiation so that it can be seen from another continent.
    2. Eug
      Eug 14 September 2020 09: 27 New
      +2
      I agree 100%, especially since the most inconspicuous missile is needed against AWACS - so that if it detects it, then at such a distance that it will not be possible to leave. Suppressing by interference is like a missile.
    3. Boris Chernikov
      Boris Chernikov 15 September 2020 13: 36 New
      -1
      so this is the Hindus torturing)
  • Hermit21
    Hermit21 14 September 2020 09: 06 New
    -2
    And how is this in general? The anti-ship missiles and anti-aircraft guided missiles have absolutely different requirements for speed, maneuverability, the type and operating modes of the remote control, the type of warhead, etc. It seems that this Maksichev does not say something and he is talking about, say, a hypersonic "Brahmos-2" or a completely different missile in the body the current "Brahmos"
    1. Nikolaevich I
      Nikolaevich I 14 September 2020 09: 40 New
      +2
      Quote: Hermit21
      a completely different rocket in the body of the current Brahmos

      Duc, that's exactly what it said bulo ...!
      1. Hermit21
        Hermit21 15 September 2020 07: 34 New
        -2
        It seems in the text only about the new GOS
        1. Nikolaevich I
          Nikolaevich I 15 September 2020 10: 58 New
          0
          Quote: Hermit21
          It seems in the text only about the new GOS

          It could be just a simplified explanation ... like: "get off the hook ..."! Often, having said A, you have to say B ... Having created a GOS with enhanced capabilities (for example, an "all-aspect" GOS ...), you have to "rework" the steering wheels, for example ...!
    2. SovAr238A
      SovAr238A 14 September 2020 15: 34 New
      0
      Quote: Hermit21
      And how is this in general? The anti-ship missiles and anti-aircraft guided missiles have absolutely different requirements for speed, maneuverability, the type and operating modes of the remote control, the type of warhead, etc. It seems that this Maksichev does not say something and he is talking about, say, a hypersonic "Brahmos-2" or a completely different missile in the body the current "Brahmos"


      There is no need to make any missiles in the building of the current Brahmos.
      This is extremely stupid ...
  • JD1979
    JD1979 14 September 2020 09: 23 New
    -1
    Not well, but what are they ?! They can cut but we can't?
  • g1washntwn
    g1washntwn 14 September 2020 10: 29 New
    0
    On any ground-based radars, missile defense will also go well if the count is already in seconds. The anti-radar version was just asking.
  • bk0010
    bk0010 14 September 2020 20: 15 New
    +2
    Yes, you just need to hammer Avax with a direct hit with a half-ton semi-armor-piercing head, otherwise you won't take it! Not? Then what for the goat button accordion?
    1. Boris Chernikov
      Boris Chernikov 15 September 2020 13: 39 New
      -1
      Well, no one forbids the development of a new one, but on the contrary, they even advise to develop a new warhead .. Let the Indians pay, ours do not mind, in principle, to work on this topic .. In any case, work on the range of air-to-air missiles will have to be done anyway, so why not not work out a number of questions at Indian expense?
  • Pavel57
    Pavel57 15 September 2020 13: 33 New
    0
    Does this mean AWACS, as a type of aircraft or a class of AWACS aircraft?
  • K-50
    K-50 15 September 2020 13: 36 New
    0
    If it were based on long-range S-400/500 missiles, then yes, it makes sense, but the anti-ship missile is not a cake, it itself maneuvers poorly.