Military Review

Lavrov: Russia will not sign the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons‍

36
Russia will not sign a treaty banning nuclear weapons, said the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry Sergey Lavrov in an interview with the Teleradiocomplex of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.


Lavrov: Russia will not sign the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons‍


We will not sign it, because we believe that the prohibition of nuclear weapons in such a directive procedure is unrealistic. Five official nuclear powers, and unofficial nuclear powers will not do it.
- said Lavrov

According to Russia, the agreed principle of moving towards a nuclear-free world is already reflected in the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and is "linked to the provision of general security and stability."

The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons was adopted at the UN in July 2017. The development of the document did not involve the nuclear powers, including the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, including the United States and Russia.

From 20 September 2017, the contract is open for signature. It must enter into force after at least 50 countries have ratified it. To date, the document was signed by 57 states, ratified - five, RIA News.
Photos used:
Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
36 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must sign in.
  1. svp67
    svp67 19 March 2018 14: 38
    +3
    It should enter into force after at least 50 countries have ratified it. To date, the document has been signed by 57 states, five have ratified,
    Well have to wait a long time ...
    1. Vend
      Vend 19 March 2018 14: 46
      +2
      Russia has already signed several treaties that have turned into troubles for us.
      1. Logall
        Logall 19 March 2018 15: 20
        +3
        Quote: Wend
        Russia has already signed several treaties that turned into troubles for us

        That’s the calculation. Subsequent rake! If only they would have bothered to disguise ... And then - come on, Russia, sign it, and the United States will dictate its will to you ...
        Already burned, we learned to blow water.
    2. Zoldat_A
      Zoldat_A 19 March 2018 15: 07
      +6
      Quote: svp67
      It should enter into force after at least 50 countries have ratified it. To date, the document has been signed by 57 states, five have ratified,
      Well have to wait a long time ...
      It seems to me that not very long. The smallest and worthless, those to whom their own nuclear weapons never shine - are difficult. or what, in the world of fifty such dial? Starting from Africa and ending with European dwarfs and the Baltic Ukraine ....
      1. Polite Moose
        Polite Moose 19 March 2018 15: 18
        +7
        Quote: Zoldat_A
        It seems to me that not very long. The smallest and worthless, those to whom their own nuclear weapons never shine - are difficult. or what, in the world of fifty such dial?

        My personal opinion is that for Russia, giving up nuclear weapons is tantamount to suicide. In conventional armaments, the West will crush us with pure numbers. Everything rests on production facilities. And as soon as they have a chance to destroy us with impunity, they will certainly do it. Therefore, at least 57 countries will sign this agreement, at least 157, we should be indifferent.
        1. Zoldat_A
          Zoldat_A 19 March 2018 15: 36
          +9
          Quote: Polite Elk
          My personal opinion is that for Russia, giving up nuclear weapons is tantamount to suicide.

          America over there knows how to fight with those who do not have nuclear weapons .... It was not in vain that in the 90's the condition for granting loans from the IMF (read - USA) to Russia was the destruction of Satan. And after all, they cut, actively cut for American dollars ... Thank God, they didn’t have time to cut it - otherwise the American military bases for "maintaining democracy" already throughout Russia (or rather, on all the fragments of Russia) would have stood.
          I would go for partisans if American soldiers walked freely in my city in 90, as, for example, in the Baltic states ....
          1. Polite Moose
            Polite Moose 19 March 2018 15: 46
            +3
            Quote: Zoldat_A
            Thank God, they didn’t have time to cut

            And that was their biggest mistake in the past half century. They relaxed early. The bear only seemed dead and, contrary to expectations, crawled out of the trap. But they will not give us a second chance.
            1. Zoldat_A
              Zoldat_A 19 March 2018 15: 57
              +7
              Quote: Polite Moose
              Quote: Zoldat_A
              Thank God, they didn’t have time to cut

              And that was their biggest mistake in the past half century. They relaxed early. The bear only seemed dead and, contrary to expectations, crawled out of the trap. But they will not give us a second chance.
              We, Alexander, will not give them a second chance. Scrap our rockets for their dollars. Yesterday’s election showed that America’s long wait for the second Humpback Dog and Sverdlovsk Alcoholic ....
              1. Polite Moose
                Polite Moose 19 March 2018 16: 21
                +3
                Quote: Zoldat_A
                We, Alexander, will not give them a second chance.

                I completely agree with you. Because I well remember the footage of the destruction of our OTR and the practically new TU-160. Then it seemed silly to me. Now this seems like complete madness and betrayal. But, the conclusions are made. The second time on the carrot will not behave.
  2. LSA57
    LSA57 19 March 2018 14: 40
    +2
    Well, if his Luxembourg and the Vatican signed ... you need to stay away from him at the distance of launching a rocket with a nuclear warhead
  3. Major Yurik
    Major Yurik 19 March 2018 14: 40
    +6
    As for the destruction of chemical weapons with the Yankees already signed! We don’t have any chemistry, the Yankees are full of boxes! The Indians did not want to sign anything with them, let them steal!
    1. uskrabut
      uskrabut 19 March 2018 15: 23
      +1
      Believe me, we are Indians for them!
    2. Polite Moose
      Polite Moose 19 March 2018 16: 07
      +3
      Quote: Major Yurik
      We have no chemistry, the Yankees are full of box

      It’s hard to say which is better. The content of XO is still hemorrhoids. Costs, the possibility of leakage, terrorist attacks, etc. Thank God, we destroyed all stocks made according to the 2MB recipe, but which, if necessary, can be quickly restored by production at almost any chemical plant. But the Skripals there different etch these OMs are not very suitable. I am sure that there are much more effective, but much more difficult to detect new generation OMs, the storage and use of which is much cheaper and safer. Yes, and tens of thousands of tons of this g ... we do not need anything. As Lelik from The Diamond Arm said: "One tablet is enough ..."
      1. Major Yurik
        Major Yurik 19 March 2018 17: 18
        +3
        Quote: Polite Moose
        Quote: Major Yurik
        We have no chemistry, the Yankees are full of box

        It’s hard to say which is better. The content of XO is still hemorrhoids. Costs, the possibility of leakage, terrorist attacks, etc. Thank God, we destroyed all stocks made according to the 2MB recipe, but which, if necessary, can be quickly restored by production at almost any chemical plant. But the Skripals there different etch these OMs are not very suitable. I am sure that there are much more effective, but much more difficult to detect new generation OMs, the storage and use of which is much cheaper and safer. Yes, and tens of thousands of tons of this g ... we do not need anything. As Lelik from The Diamond Arm said: "One tablet is enough ..."

        Alexander, it’s not a question, let them shove this chemistry into a striped anal, the question is their negotiability, as such! The squeamish, cynical, vile and cowardly these descendants of the steppe horse ...... in! am
  4. Herculesic
    Herculesic 19 March 2018 14: 43
    0
    Eun, have you heard? laughing We unofficially support you, so keep improving your nuclear weapons. And we also untied our hands with this statement.
    1. LSA57
      LSA57 19 March 2018 14: 48
      +2
      Quote: Herkulesich
      We unofficially support you, so keep improving your nuclear weapons. And we also untied our hands with this statement.

      and even close our eyes if you shy away from the mattress laughing
      1. Zoldat_A
        Zoldat_A 19 March 2018 16: 02
        +6
        Sergey, hi !
        Quote: LSA57
        Quote: Herkulesich
        We unofficially support you, so keep improving your nuclear weapons. And we also untied our hands with this statement.

        and even close our eyes if you shy away from the mattress laughing

        No, well, something to close ... We will condemn, let's say that it’s impossible that we would never be like this ... Well, and other official crap in this spirit ... Only Eunu is neither hot nor cold from this. Especially if we simultaneously target our missiles not at Un, but at a possible American "response" ...
        1. LSA57
          LSA57 19 March 2018 16: 11
          +1
          Quote: Zoldat_A
          No, well, then close something ... We’ll condemn, say, that it’s impossible that we would never be like that ..

          can closed lol
          Especially if we simultaneously target our missiles not at Un, but at a possible American "response" ...

          they will aim. technical failure ... request
        2. LSA57
          LSA57 19 March 2018 17: 38
          +1
          Quote: Zoldat_A
          Sergei, !

          Hi Hi hi smile
    2. svp67
      svp67 19 March 2018 14: 49
      +1
      Quote: Herkulesich
      And we also untied our hands with this statement.

      The main thing here is that YOURS were not connected ...
    3. Nyrobsky
      Nyrobsky 19 March 2018 15: 25
      +2
      Quote: Herkulesich
      Eun, have you heard? laughing We unofficially support you, so keep improving your nuclear weapons. And we also untied our hands with this statement.

      Whatever Eun and Rouhani entertained, if only the mattresses would not be offended. Good must be with fists, otherwise tryndets good and be thin.
  5. iliitchitch
    iliitchitch 19 March 2018 14: 57
    0
    "Look for the fool for 6 soldiers." handsome men.
  6. Altona
    Altona 19 March 2018 15: 20
    0
    The prohibition of nuclear weapons is pure populism. In today's world, for almost 70 years, nuclear weapons have so far been the only deterrent, even from an attack, even from the outbreak of a general world war.
  7. uskrabut
    uskrabut 19 March 2018 15: 22
    0
    Well, let's say 50 countries ratify it, but we did not sign it. With what fright should we do it? They signed - even if they disarm, they can also try to talk to the USA.
  8. Evil 55
    Evil 55 19 March 2018 15: 33
    0
    Who ratified: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burundi. Gabon, Guinea, Zambia, Cameroon, Kenya, Chad, Ethiopia, Sudan and Ivory Coast? We cannot compete with such powerful states .. we need protection, a peaceful atom ..
  9. gippernano
    gippernano 19 March 2018 15: 35
    0
    Looking for fools. Apparently the United States, as the most progressive and loving sign? or who? China? Kazakhstan has signed and let it sit now with this signature, and watch how they spit on it
  10. msm
    msm 19 March 2018 15: 36
    0
    Well, thank God! Finally, sound words that I definitely support.
  11. 16112014nk
    16112014nk 19 March 2018 15: 37
    +1
    Russia will sign with the condition: "Only after Honduras"!
    As soon as possible !
    1. Alexanast
      Alexanast 19 March 2018 16: 21
      +2
      Quote: 16112014nk
      "Only after Honduras"!


      Yeah yes and then we say: "The wrong country was called Honduras" ... laughing
  12. Alex-a832
    Alex-a832 19 March 2018 16: 01
    +1
    We have already destroyed our BOVs under a similar agreement! And how are things going with the Western "partners"? Something is not moving in that direction. They can count on what else to come in handy .... against us.
    With the reduction of nuclear weapons - a similar song. As our clever men come up with something more reliable and efficient than nuclear weapons, we will immediately reduce nuclear weapons to "zero", only it will not make it easier for them. How can the arrogant hunt go on another crusade to Russia, already flowing along the thighs ...
  13. fedorow.serj2017
    fedorow.serj2017 19 March 2018 16: 10
    0
    need to increase tyaz
  14. Old26
    Old26 19 March 2018 16: 32
    0
    Quote: svp67
    It should enter into force after at least 50 countries have ratified it. To date, the document has been signed by 57 states, five have ratified,
    Well have to wait a long time ...

    They may not wait at all

    Quote: Major Yurik
    As for the destruction of chemical weapons with the Yankees already signed! We don’t have any chemistry, the Yankees are full of boxes! The Indians did not want to sign anything with them, let them steal!

    Well, here you are not quite right. Americans destroyed EMNIP about 96% their chemical weapons. As usual, they decided to show off to the whole world and created a technology that is more costly than Russian. The deadline for final destruction is agreed with us and the EMNIP is postponed to 2021. Will be able earlier - good

    Quote: Herkulesich
    Eun, have you heard? laughing We unofficially support you, so keep improving your nuclear weapons. And we also untied our hands with this statement.

    Well, Eunu is not used to spitting at all, including and neighbors. And why did we untie Iran’s hands, do not tell me ??? Or is there a great desire for Iran to "throw" Russia ???

    Quote: 16112014nk
    Russia will sign with the condition: "Only after Honduras"!
    As soon as possible !

    So you have to sign
  15. komis55
    komis55 19 March 2018 18: 27
    0
    But how can this be done at all, without a complete rediscount on earth?
  16. APASUS
    APASUS 19 March 2018 18: 52
    0
    We must propose to all countries to limit, for example, the budget of the Moscow Region to $ 50 billion. Then we will see, otherwise we have already taken this care of the world into perestroika. Cutting plants, missiles, tanks, planes, assembly stands, but it turned out that the rest only mocked promising peace.
  17. abc_alex
    abc_alex 19 March 2018 20: 05
    +1
    The Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty was adopted by the UN in July 2017. The nuclear powers did not participate in the development of the document., including the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, including the United States and Russia.
    From September 20, 2017, the contract is open for signing. It should enter into force after ratification by at least 50 countries. To date, 57 states have signed the document.


    Cool. Some countries have made a decision that essentially prohibits what they do not have :) Speaking more simply, someone decided to dictate the will to the nuclear powers. Gorgeous.
  18. sharp-lad
    sharp-lad 19 March 2018 22: 31
    0
    And who forbid ?! laughing