The situation prevailing in many Moscow universities, causes concern that it will take several more years and technical specialists will simply not be trained. Under the threat of liquidation was one of the oldest universities in Russia - Moscow University of Geodesy and Cartography (MIIGAiK).
The world admires the “Caliber”, finding the target for thousands of kilometers and flying to it by a whimsical route. High-explosive bombs from the Second World War, our specialists have learned to drop from a height of five kilometers with a three-meter accuracy. Navigator in the car has become a basic attribute, and on the space maps you can go for mushrooms. In order for these wonders, like many others, to take place, surveyors are needed. And not anyhow what, and the highest class.
We wanted the best
But the trouble is whether the concept of “geodesy” has become annoying to someone, or another to attack, but this word disappears from the names of all surveyor structures, often with them. During Soviet times, the State Administration of Geological and Cultural Management was the General Directorate of Geodesy and Cartography under the Council of Ministers. A serious structure with numerous subdivisions throughout the country, with a strong research base. During the Cold War, departmental specialists were involved in solving very interesting problems and coped with it successfully. Where is now GUGK? Became one of the structures in Rosreestra. That is, completely different people are now commanding surveyors in the country. Only nominally many scientific and educational institutions, which trained both surveyors and creators of related equipment, disappeared or remained. The Novosibirsk Institute of Geodesy and Cartography has changed the name and direction of activity, it is now the Siberian University of Geosystems and Technologies. Barely experienced structural adjustment St. Petersburg Higher Military Topographical School, becoming one of the divisions of the Academy. Mozhaisky. If MIIGAiK now disappears or changes its profile, then the situation can no longer be corrected. And the likelihood that the oldest geodesic university, which opened in 1779, shines an un bright future, is very great.
The reason, as it turns out, is the failure to comply with the presidential directive to raise the salary of the faculty to double the average for the year by 2018. The planned increase was scattered over the years, and now the Ministry of Education and Science applies this line to each of the universities. For the past year, 91 was considered to be a thousand rubles for Moscow as the norm, and all the rectors who did not provide such professors with their professors were summoned to the Ministry.
There they were not scolded, they simply confronted the fact: the decisions of the president should be implemented. You cannot do it yourself - we know how to help. No, we will not give extra money, but if you are integrated, merged with other universities, then some teachers can be dismissed, and the rest will be able to receive as much as they should.
Okay, they would give time: they say, think there, with whom you coincide on the profile, how to use the scientific base more efficiently ... No, formally this is the case - no one imposes anything on anyone, every university accepts the decision independently.
Offer from which ...
Here it’s time to go to the office of the President of MIIGAiK, cosmonaut pilot and twice Hero of the Soviet Union Viktor Petrovich Savinykh and ask him to highlight the situation.
- What can be considered today the average professorial salary in Moscow, if not a secret?
- Maximum 60 – 70 thousand rubles, but on average less. This includes the payment of teaching, research activities and work on economic contracts. We are talking about total income.
- For you, the number 91 thousand was not new?
- Of course not. But in the existing conditions, in honest conduct of business, such an average salary at our university is unrealistic. The previous year was difficult, mainly because the solvency of our potential students decreased. More than two hundred people were enrolled in paid training, and in 2015, only 70 was received. Plus, by order from above, we selected two specialties that students who were engaged in on a commercial basis eagerly went to — economics and municipal government. To be clear, there is practice: universities pay 65 – 70 percent of the wage fund from the budget, the rest should be collected by themselves. It is from this second component that quite objective problems arose. We failed in income and strongly.
- And what did it lead to?
- At the meeting in the Ministry of Education and Science, our then rector Andrei Maiorov, who was elected to this position by the collective, was offered to write a statement “on his own”. By the way, they did the same with the RHTU Rector Vladimir Kolesnikov. The next day they assigned us and. about. Rector Vasily Malinnikov, who was fired two days later, appointed us a new one and. about., which was Evgeny Butko, doctor of economics, professor, previously worked at the Moscow Engineering University - MAMI.
- Rector seems to be elected ... Is it possible to remove it from above?
- The founder, and here we have the Ministry of Education, is entitled to do so. Simultaneously with these events, another story developed: one Moscow university decided to become a polytechnic university, including a number of other institutions. And it was by a strange coincidence it was MAMI. In the ministry, the idea received support, because it fully fit into the system of university consolidation.
The rector of MAMI Andrei Nikolaenko, a young, energetic and ambitious man, turned to us: they say, join, the ministry does not mind. He promised the golden mountains. By that time, MIHM had already joined MIMA, and the University of Press, and a couple of smaller institutions. We were promised to leave the name of MIIGAiK, but already as an integral part of this university.
- What is the point of uniting such different universities? Chemists, printers, surveyors - they speak different languages.
- Initially, it was the initiative of the ministry - the integration of universities. At one of the meetings, Deputy Minister of Education Alexander Klimov shared: they say that there is a large polytechnic university in St. Petersburg, we would also like to create our own one in Moscow. I ask: “Why? We have “Baumanka”, MAI - full-fledged polytechnic universities ”. But he was not heard.
- How do MIIGAiK employees themselves consider a possible merger?
- Both the academic council and the team meeting were unequivocally opposed to the merger with MAMI. If we are to merge, then in the same block as us, the former Institute of Land Management Engineers, now the State University of Land Management. He, by the way, like MIIGAiK, in 1930, stood out from the Moscow Land Survey Institute. We have common roots, largely coinciding scientific and educational programs. We are told: it is impossible, we belong to different ministries. But this is a completely solvable question. Moreover, the preservation of geodesic science is a state problem, and in no way a narrow departmental one.
- An interesting thing turns out. They do not allow merging with those with whom it seems like God has ordered, but at the same time they forcefully put a completely different direction under the university. What is your role in the future superpolitech?
- They need us as a natural science direction. In fact - the expansion of the range of specialties. Plus our история It will be useful, because such a merger will allow us to say that the new university has existed since 1779. Therefore, the pressure has been going on for almost a year. While we withstand.
- What prevents to remove you from the post, as before the rector, and solve the problem?
- It is impossible to remove, the position is elected, and unlike the rector’s office, under the jurisdiction of the ministry, it is non-decisive.
- It’s also hard to scare a Hero twice ...
- Scare is useless. Today we are the only ones who prepare for the army of surveyors and cartographers. And it turns out that our role in modern conditions, when state geodesic structures are essentially destroyed, becomes almost key. As a result, all the important things that we do, including for defense, may fall victim to someone's ambitions. Solving the tasks of effective management, officials essentially endanger Russia's defense capability.
- But while only persuade?
- When we held a meeting of the labor collective, at which everyone spoke out against the merger with MAMI, an extraordinary inspection commission was sent to us from Rosobrnadzor the next day - a young smart manager with a law degree and with him five people, all from private universities. For three days, the commission found out that everything was bad. From each department gave them a huge pile of documents, but they quickly managed. That is not so decorated, the other is not written in the wrong column. And they left, warning: wait for the order to revoke the licenses in the areas to which the claims are made. This is just municipal government, economy and management. But we have already closed the last two specialties, there will be the last issue. Somehow, we have agreed with the Minister of Education Dmitry Livanov, now we are eliminating the commission’s remarks on the items, including such absurd ones as the requirement to have a certificate to each teacher that he is healthy. The trouble is that with us this year the accreditation for the main specialties - geodesy, cartography ends ... And if they are not renewed, we will not release anyone this year at all. We cannot submit documents for accreditation until we understand the commission’s conclusions.
- Something inappropriate was remembered by raiders, collectors ... How long has MIIGAiK become a problem university?
- We have always been recognized as effective, and not everyone can boast. There is such a criterion as the number of high school graduates working in the specialty. According to the Ministry of Education and Science, we have the highest rate - 93 percent. That is, all our graduates are in demand. For comparison: in most universities, this indicator rarely exceeds 50 percent.
Logic of larechnikov
Sad thoughts come when you try to sort out other administrative decisions. In 60, they talked about “physicists” and “lyricists,” that is, techies and creative intelligentsia. Now it's time to divide people into techies and managers. Moreover, if the former may become second in certain circumstances, then the reverse movement is excluded. In the words of cinema Chapaev: "Education is not enough." The beautiful word “manager” implies that the owner of this specialty does not know how to do anything with his own hands, but he has mastered the science of control. Probably, there is nothing wrong with this, if you do not take into account that, more often than not, management has short-term interests.
“Effective Manager” and “Successful Manager” - without irony, the people necessary and useful for the country. The only problem is that the psychology of many of them comes from the 90s, when the acquisition of the second tent "on the district" became a doubling of the business, and the idea of making one of them lower than the price of beer, and in the other cigarettes was the height of economic savvy . Then the clerks got to the enterprises, having sold the equipment they had acquired for free and turning the workshops into warehouses and office centers. The logic is clear: profits should appear immediately, and everything that does not bring it, multiply by zero.
Having passed the stalls and workshops, the restless tribe of successful managers was also mastered by the state administration. But the slogan "Profit here and now" remained for them the most relevant. Only techies interfere and strongly - lead some incomprehensible calculations, talk about long-term prospects. And next to them is a successful manager, who terribly loves the saying, “If you are so clever, then why are you so poor?”, Suddenly begins to feel inferior. Techies do not fit into his value system, they are guided by concepts like “prestige of the country”, which cannot be monetized. And if this fraternity of eggheads should not be wiped out at the root, then at least to make it shut up, life will become much easier.
It is clear that tactically managers are much more viable - for their work they do not need the most complex machines, precision instruments and high-speed computers. But if suddenly all of our “effective ones” fly away to the Canaries at once, life in Russia will not stop. But if there are no techies ...