Military Review

India plans to purchase the latest C-400 Triumph from the Russian Federation

51
The Times of India newspaper reported that the Indian authorities are considering the possibility of purchasing the latest Russian anti-aircraft missile systems C-400 "Triumph".




“The project is currently in its initial stages. But it will be an intergovernmental agreement providing for the supply of C-400 systems over the next few years, ”a source in the Indian Ministry of Defense told RIA. "News".

It is noted that we are talking about the party of 12 complexes, and the proposal may be considered "soon" during a meeting of the Council on defense procurement headed by Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Photos used:
http://globallookpress.com
51 comment
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. oleg-gr
    oleg-gr 12 October 2015 07: 16 New
    14
    Selling arms to India is good. Hindus have a habit of begging for technology transfer. Such gifts should not be made.
    1. beitar
      beitar 12 October 2015 07: 18 New
      -2
      I wonder who else is participating in the tender ...
    2. Alexander Romanov
      Alexander Romanov 12 October 2015 07: 18 New
      +6
      Quote: oleg-gr
      Hindus have a habit of begging for technology transfer. T

      They buy a license, China stupidly copies.
      Yes, and it’s too early to talk about the sale, if that happens, then in four years.
    3. vovanpain
      vovanpain 12 October 2015 07: 36 New
      13
      First, we ourselves need to re-equip ourselves, and then think about the sale.
      1. subbtin.725
        subbtin.725 12 October 2015 07: 53 New
        0
        If the agreement is signed, it will mean that the Indians are our potential allies, since such technologies will never be sold to anyone. And this is a strategy with accompanying binding agreements.
        1. The comment was deleted.
        2. Mera joota
          Mera joota 12 October 2015 08: 23 New
          +3
          Quote: subbtin.725
          Indians are our potential allies

          Deceptive opinion. They are not allies, but just partners on some issues.
    4. kodxnumx
      kodxnumx 12 October 2015 08: 49 New
      +1
      I am sure if India actually confirms that it is a reliable ally for Russia and not as it is now trying to sit on two chairs with Russia and the United States. So I think you can provide this perfect weapon for an ally!
      1. Falcon
        Falcon 12 October 2015 08: 52 New
        +1
        Quote: kod3001
        I am sure if India actually confirms that it is a reliable ally for Russia and not as it is now trying to sit on two chairs with Russia and the United States. So I think you can provide this perfect weapon for an ally!


        This is a theory of a multipolar world, which is so exciting GDP.

        She is no one's ally, acting exclusively in her own interests. There are no chairs in principle ...
    5. NEXUS
      NEXUS 12 October 2015 09: 09 New
      +1
      Quote: oleg-gr
      Selling arms to India is good. Hindus have a habit of begging for technology transfer. Such gifts should not be made.

      Hindus have always been our allies. They willingly placed orders at our defense plants and never stood behind us. Moreover, India is a member of the BRICS and its economy is on the rise. Why not? Very soon we will have the S-500 for internal use. Also, I think the export version of Triumph will be with truncated features.
      1. Evgeniy667b
        Evgeniy667b 12 October 2015 14: 21 New
        -1
        Hindus, dear Nexus, have never been our allies, just interested partners. Our Allies are the Army and Navy, which are now customary to plunder, under the guise of buying and selling. How much was delivered to Iraq !? And where is the guarantee that for our military this will not apply. The same Azerbaijanis and other allies. Many experience euphoria on this basis. But this is not from a great mind, people are zombified for money. The Americans, as practice shows, can easily change regimes that are objectionable to them, and then all the delivered weapons will be deployed against Russia. So the trade hype along with the betrayal of the interests of the motherland and not otherwise.
    6. Evgeniy667b
      Evgeniy667b 12 October 2015 09: 20 New
      -3
      Hindus and others like them-all the forest and forest in the swamp !!! deliveries only for the Russian Federation
    7. The comment was deleted.
    8. marlin1203
      marlin1203 12 October 2015 10: 29 New
      +2
      The most tedious traders are these Indians. They will exhaust them with all their heart, the profitability of the transaction will be knocked down to almost zero, and then the assembly on their territory will also beg for the transfer of technology.
  2. PlotnikoffDD
    PlotnikoffDD 12 October 2015 07: 17 New
    +2
    India plans a lot of things, and then jumps off.
  3. bronik
    bronik 12 October 2015 07: 18 New
    +3
    Isn’t it too early to sell new weapons? Suddenly we’ll come in handy.
    1. AlexTires
      AlexTires 12 October 2015 08: 15 New
      +1
      Quote: bronik
      Isn’t it too early to sell new weapons? Suddenly we’ll come in handy.

      In any case, the equipment for export is in another modification. And if agreements are reached, then not before the appearance of the c-500 or the full transition of the army to these (c-400 - c-500) complexes.
  4. aszzz888
    aszzz888 12 October 2015 07: 23 New
    +1
    Let them stand in line. This is not bad for our image.
  5. Mera joota
    Mera joota 12 October 2015 08: 19 New
    +2
    India plans to purchase the latest C-400 Triumph from the Russian Federation

    Well, probably this is somewhat premature because there will obviously be a competition. The fact that we can win the probability is big, the main thing is how Almaz-Antey will turn around.
  6. wild
    wild 12 October 2015 09: 09 New
    0
    him and not with 400, we sell complete with MSTA, MIGs, and helicopters. Separately, no way.
  7. lopvlad
    lopvlad 12 October 2015 09: 26 New
    -4
    Quote: Bongo
    The numerous advantages of the S-400 air defense system are currently being greatly discounted by the fact that there is no new long-range missile for this system in the troops.


    it is an air defense system and not an offensive weapon to strike back.
    In air defense, the most important thing is the effectiveness of interception at different heights. The S-400 is the leader.
    Ни "Пэтриот" РАК-3(100км по дальности) ни китайский НQ-9A ему даже в подметки не годятся ни по эффективности перехвата ни по дальности .
    The interception range of a missile defense plays a role if the complex is geared towards destroying targets in near space (you can’t lift a missile launcher stupidly above the ground), but it is enough to bring air defense systems closer to the enemy’s border on their territory.
  8. Termit1309
    Termit1309 12 October 2015 09: 59 New
    0
    Quote: Bongo

    The numerous advantages of the S-400 air defense system are currently being greatly discounted by the fact that there is no new long-range missile for this system in the troops. Currently, the S-400 ammunition includes missiles designed for the S-300ПМ2.

    Just a couple of months ago at this forum, in all seriousness, they proved that all the advantages of the Kyrgyz Caliber are largely depreciated by a small 300km range. The option that the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation is not reporting to you is not being considered?
    1. Bongo
      Bongo 12 October 2015 10: 02 New
      +1
      Quote: Termit1309
      Just a couple of months ago, at this forum, in all seriousness, they proved that all the advantages of the Kyrgyz Caliber are largely depreciated by the small 300km range.

      Did I say that? No.
      Quote: Termit1309
      Option that the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation does not report everything to you is not considered?

      I don’t, but judging by your tone, YOU report every morning lol Do not share information?
  9. lopvlad
    lopvlad 12 October 2015 10: 12 New
    -4
    Quote: Bongo
    Of course, for the Russian Federation and China. But for India, the main enemy in the near future, the US Air Force is not expected


    deep delusion. The radar range is very important as you can shoot down someone else’s air target only in your airspace, but thanks to the radar range, you’ll increase the time it takes to intercept the target.
    If a country is not going to fight with someone, this does not mean that no one is going to fight with it.

    The most advanced Western Petriot does not reach the effectiveness of the interception http://www.rg.ru/2014/05/05/zrk-site.html

    As for the missile, the C-300В4 complex is already being delivered to the troops with a new missile (range to 400km), and under the C-400 this missile is being finalized with an element base.
    1. Bongo
      Bongo 12 October 2015 10: 24 New
      +3
      Quote: lopvlad
      deep delusion. The radar range is very important as you can shoot down someone else’s air target only in your airspace, but thanks to the radar range, you’ll increase the time it takes to intercept the target.

      It is funny, of course, when people who do not understand the differences between the surveillance radar and missile defense and their energy take on air defense systems. Excuse me, what do you have (had) to do with air defense?
      Quote: lopvlad
      As for the missile, the C-300В4 complex is already being delivered to the troops with a new missile (range to 400km), and under the C-400 this missile is being finalized with an element base.

      Really? wassat How do you propose to unify the missiles for the C-300В and С-300П / С-400? Especially for you two pictures.

    2. Falcon
      Falcon 12 October 2015 11: 45 New
      +2
      Quote: lopvlad
      As for the missile, the C-300В4 complex is already being delivered to the troops with a new missile (range to 400km), and under the C-400 this missile is being finalized with an element base.


      Where did you get this?
      C-300в4 uses rockets 9м82 and 9м83 in length 8,5 and 10м and masses 3600 and 6000kg respectively.
      C-400 uses 48Н6 with a length of 7,5m and a mass of 1900 kg. Long-range missile should be in size ...

      MSNR S-400в4 9С32 suggests at ranges 150km, why does he need 40н6 and what will he do with it ???
    3. beitar
      beitar 12 October 2015 12: 19 New
      0
      Quote: lopvlad
      Quote: Bongo
      Of course, for the Russian Federation and China. But for India, the main enemy in the near future, the US Air Force is not expected


      deep delusion. The radar range is very important as you can shoot down someone else’s air target only in your airspace, but thanks to the radar range, you’ll increase the time it takes to intercept the target.
      If a country is not going to fight with someone, this does not mean that no one is going to fight with it.

      The most advanced Western Petriot does not reach the effectiveness of the interception http://www.rg.ru/2014/05/05/zrk-site.html

      As for the missile, the C-300В4 complex is already being delivered to the troops with a new missile (range to 400km), and under the C-400 this missile is being finalized with an element base.



      Be that as it may, the Patriot has real downed planes and missiles, while the S-300 and S-400 do not. You can discuss and argue about the performance characteristics, but this fact should not be forgotten ...
  10. lopvlad
    lopvlad 12 October 2015 10: 33 New
    -4
    Quote: Bongo
    How do you propose to unify the SAM for the S-300V and S-300P?


    no need to poke me in a rocket container. A rocket is something inside the container.

    Quote: Bongo
    Excuse me, what do you have (had) to do with air defense?


    the same as you with the western ZRS. We heard a ring but do not know where he is.
    1. zyablik.olga
      zyablik.olga 12 October 2015 12: 43 New
      +3
      Quote: lopvlad
      no need to poke me in a rocket container. A rocket is something inside the container.

      And the fact that the dimensions of the anti-aircraft missile and the container are different in 1.5 is nothing?
      Quote: lopvlad
      the same as you with the western ZRS. We heard a ring but do not know where he is.
      Is it really? Judging by your comments, you have seen air defense systems only in photos negative
  11. Old26
    Old26 12 October 2015 10: 33 New
    0
    Quote: aszzz888
    Let them stand in line. This is not bad for our image.

    And if they do not stand in line, but buy from others? How is it for our image? fine?
  12. Wolka
    Wolka 12 October 2015 12: 38 New
    0
    not cheap, the Indians have been very capricious and insidious in their thoughts lately, and especially with regard to Russia ...