Military Review

First stage of modernization completed at the naval base in Baltiysk

24
First stage of modernization completed at the naval base in Baltiysk

The Ministry of Defense is completing the first stage of modernization of the main naval base of the Baltic fleet... As reported "News" with reference to the military department, the updated base will be able to receive ships of the first rank.


The first stage of modernization of the naval base in Baltiysk is coming to an end, the completion of work is planned before the end of this year. At the moment, the berths have been completely repaired, communications have been replaced, and treatment facilities have been built. The access roads are being repaired. The total length of the rebuilt berth is 3 km. The second stage of modernization will start next year, 2021. In the course of the work, it is planned to create new communication systems, storage, repair and maintenance facilities.

The military department emphasizes that the updated naval base in Baltiysk will be able to receive and service modern ships of the first and second ranks. In addition, as a result of modernization, the dependence on hydrometeorological conditions will decrease and the safety of anchorage and basing of ships will increase.

On the updated base, according to military experts, if necessary, it is possible to create a serious group of ships that will take control of a strategically important area.

(...) we focus on the logistics of the naval forces. Now we will have another full-fledged naval base, which has not been paid attention to for many years. This means that we have an opportunity to bring our strike forces closer to NATO's borders. In addition, conditions are being created in order to provide the Navy with everything necessary for effective strikes against sea and land targets.

- commented on the reconstruction of the naval base, vice-president of the Academy of Geopolitical Problems, Colonel Vladimir Anokhin.

24 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. Uncle lee
    Uncle lee 11 September 2020 11: 08 New
    +4
    First stage of modernization completed at the naval base in Baltiysk
    Ships need a strong rear - a port, a base.
    1. novel66
      novel66 11 September 2020 11: 36 New
      +1
      and the strong rear - the ships of the first rank!
    2. Mavrikiy
      Mavrikiy 11 September 2020 11: 49 New
      -1
      Quote: Uncle Lee
      Ships need a strong rear - port, base

      In fact of the matter. Baltiysk is not. recourse Anti-freeze base, yes. But sustainability is (?). what
      Very similar to the 1941 Tallinn crossing. request
  2. tralflot1832
    tralflot1832 11 September 2020 11: 09 New
    0
    In principle, it should be. The base should be ideally prepared, starting from the berths and ending with the logistics of supplying everything. Otherwise, it smells like "gray" from the west. hi
  3. stalkerwalker
    stalkerwalker 11 September 2020 11: 26 New
    +1
    The structure of the base itself does not provide opportunities for any serious modernization - the berthing line is the same, communications have required updating for the last 20-25 years. There is a commercial port berth nearby.
    Thus, no radical improvement or expansion of the base is foreseen. The grouping of ships in Baltiysk is updated as the new building is transferred to the DKBF. No more.
    The naval base in Baltiysk requires, first of all, strengthening the cover for a potential missile and bomb strike. But given the flight time of any carriers from the territory of Lithuania and Poland, it can be argued that Baltiysk will not survive as an advanced outpost of the Russian Navy. Sad as it is.
    1. kartalovkolya
      kartalovkolya 11 September 2020 11: 33 New
      +2
      And how many minutes after that Poland will live with bolts ??? It seems like 10-15 minutes of commercials plus the flight time !!!
    2. Sergey39
      Sergey39 11 September 2020 11: 44 New
      +1
      Quote: stalkerwalker
      Thus, no fundamental improvement or expansion of the base is foreseen.

      And large ships are not needed there (at the forefront). Berths, for entry, but not for permanent deployment.
      1. stalkerwalker
        stalkerwalker 11 September 2020 21: 46 New
        +1
        Quote: Sergey39
        And large ships are not needed there (at the forefront). Berths, for entry, but not for permanent deployment

        So Yes...
        But in a threatening period, ships have nowhere to go for dispersal from a striking blow in the first hours of an attack.
        The entire water area is monitored and bugged from Bornholm to Gogland.
        1. Sergey39
          Sergey39 12 September 2020 01: 20 New
          +1
          Quote: stalkerwalker
          But in a threatening period, ships have nowhere to go for dispersal from a striking blow in the first hours of an attack.
          The entire water area is monitored and bugged from Bornholm to Gogland

          Ships of the first rank for the ocean. They have nothing to do in the Baltic. "Buyans", "Karakurt", "Varshavyanka", etc. will do and fit well in Baltiysk. Plus coastal missile systems. In the West, the Kaliningrad region has long been considered a cap of inaccessibility. What makes them terribly angry. A dagger in the heart of Europe.
    3. tihonmarine
      tihonmarine 11 September 2020 12: 09 New
      0
      Quote: stalkerwalker
      The grouping of ships in Baltiysk is updated as the new building is transferred to the DKBF.

      I would like to ask, what is the current name of the Baltic Fleet, the Twice Red Banner, or simply the Baltic Fleet? They write differently, but as officially.
      1. stalkerwalker
        stalkerwalker 11 September 2020 21: 41 New
        +1
        Quote: tihonmarine

        I would like to ask, what is the current name of the Baltic Fleet, the Twice Red Banner, or simply the Baltic Fleet? They write differently, but as officially.

        For the last time I held in my hands the Notices to the Mariners in the memorable 1995, with the reference of the DSP to the DKBF ...
        Since then I have called it that.
        1. tihonmarine
          tihonmarine 12 September 2020 13: 23 New
          +1
          Quote: stalkerwalker
          Since then I have called it that.

          Me too.
    4. Boa kaa
      Boa kaa 12 September 2020 13: 53 New
      +1
      Quote: stalkerwalker
      The structure of the base itself does not provide opportunities for any serious modernization - the berthing line is the same, communications have required updating for the last 20-25 years. There is a commercial port berth nearby.

      Just "Ilyich", but you are a major specialist in the system of basing the fleet, as I see!
      Let the wretched say a word, otherwise your hands are itching ...
      1. The mooring front is being renewed: the berths have been shunted, the concreting of the walls has been replaced, new bumpers, eyelets, and boulders have been installed. Dredging works were carried out, unexploded power supply units and mechanisms from the 18th century, from the previous users of Pillau, were taken from the bottom.
      2. The old infrastructure of the basing point was demolished, and the new one in the project, for the second stage. In fact, there were classrooms, a substation, and a BZZh test site built of pre-fabricated structures.
      3. A demagnetization stand was recreated in the water area. All basic and off-road tugs and watercrafts - new! good There were even catamarans, new diving ships ...
      4. Communications replaced. True, in comparison with the German ones, there is no steam, product pipelines (gasoline, diesel fuel), hot water lines ... and there is no white Baltic sand in the pockets, lead braid, suspension on the brackets of this entire economy ...
      5. About the commercial port. It remains so until the first shot. Therefore, it is nonsense to speak of it as something that does not correspond to the conditions for basing the forces of the fleet.
      Quote: stalkerwalker
      The grouping of ships in Baltiysk is updated as the new building is transferred to the DKBF. No more.
      In Baltiysk, the entire new building of the Kaliningrad Yantar and the St. Petersburg shipbuilding cluster, with the exception of ships with nuclear power, is undergoing training. Therefore, berths 74-75 were "cleaned" by Gorshkov, Kasatonov, both BDK 11711 projects. And this, whatever one may say, are ships of the 1st rank.
      6. About air defense of the basing point. In addition to what is provided for by land, the system includes the ZOS of ships, and the naval base is covered by the IA.
      Therefore: we will live - we will not die!
      7. The fact that the ships have nowhere to scatter.
      This is sheer stupidity. Everything is provided by the plans, and in practice it has been worked out more than once. About the fact that they will not be in time with a "surprise attack" ... Oops!
      And where did you go to the combat readiness of the MILITARY DANGER forces? Or do you think, Chamberlain, barely getting out of bed and not even drinking "coffee", sleepily, for no reason ... will take and attack stupid naive Russians?
      Oh well...
      Why am I writing about this?
      Because until recently he himself was dealing with these issues (along his own line, of course) bully
      1. stalkerwalker
        stalkerwalker 12 September 2020 16: 53 New
        0
        Quote: BoA KAA
        Why am I writing about this?
        Because until recently he himself was dealing with these issues (along his own line, of course

        I expressed my point of view based on what I have seen with my own eyes over the past years.
        Last time I paraded past Baltiysk in mid-August. The formation of ships that had embarked on the "line" on the eve of the Day of the Russian Navy was not particularly impressed - the most "fresh" were the corvette and the border service vessel (coast guard).
        Quote: BoA KAA
        About air defense of the basing point. In addition to what is provided for by land, the system includes the ZOS of ships, and the naval base is covered by the IA.
        Therefore: we will live - we will not die

        Not a single pilot knows anything about the degree of readiness of air defense / missile defense.
        Well, it pleases ... fellow
        Quote: BoA KAA
        About the commercial port. It remains so until the first shot. Therefore, to speak of it as something that does not correspond to the conditions for basing the forces of the fleet is nonsense.

        Quote: BoA KAA
        A demagnetization stand has been recreated in the water area. All basic and off-road tugs and watercrafts - new! There were even catamarans ships, new diving ships

        I repeat ...
        From a ship passing by Baltiysk, noticeable changes are imperceptible. Because I remember Baltiysk of the late 80s. There you walk for half an hour by ships of all types.
        But the state of the berthing lines, or rather the concrete piers "in a circle", somehow did not impress. Disguised?
        what
        PS
        To some extent I am glad that I was mistaken in my visual assessment of what is happening in Baltiysk and the surrounding area. On a bitter memory, the story of the DPL "Eagle" ...
        Yes, and even more ... A good deal of my skepticism gave the result.
        Thanks for clarifying.
        hi
        1. Boa kaa
          Boa kaa 12 September 2020 17: 44 New
          +1
          Quote: stalkerwalker
          To some extent I am glad that I was mistaken in my visual assessment of what is happening in Baltiysk and the surrounding area.

          Ilyich, unlike you, I am a native of Pillau / Baltiysk.
          Until recently, the Military Harbor was built together with the GSVU-4.
          So, I "know" the problem from the inside. hi
          1. stalkerwalker
            stalkerwalker 12 September 2020 21: 52 New
            0
            Quote: BoA KAA
            Ilyich, unlike you, I am a native of Pillau / Baltiysk.
            Until recently, the Military Harbor was built together with the GSVU-4.
            So, I "know" the problem from the inside

            I'll know.
            Now, passing the "circle" on the road to Kaliningrad, I will beep with a typhon.
            laughing
            hi
  4. Pavel57
    Pavel57 11 September 2020 11: 33 New
    +3
    To say that this is the rear is difficult. Fortress - yes.
  5. ficus2003
    ficus2003 11 September 2020 11: 44 New
    -1
    Quote: kartalovkolya
    And how many minutes after that Poland will live with the Bolts?

    If this happens, then it does not matter - as a proxy for the United States, they exist for this - in order to inflict maximum damage on Russia at hour X, and a response so that it does not exist in the United States and in its satellites-colonies.
    1. zwlad
      zwlad 11 September 2020 12: 26 New
      +1
      The otvetka will fly primarily to the USA. Colony satellites will receive a leftover principle.
  6. Devil13
    Devil13 11 September 2020 15: 38 New
    -3
    What will happen first: will the BF flagship sink, or will the base be repaired and still docked?
  7. petr.tchetyrkin
    petr.tchetyrkin 12 September 2020 00: 54 New
    +1
    I'm not a lot off the topic, why in Baltiysk there are berths for ships of rank 1 and 2, which were transported to St. Petersburg with losses in World War I and II. At the beginning of the war, the enclave will exist on self-sufficiency and at the expense of forts, bases, warehouses, missiles, guns, tanks, infantry, factories and agriculture until we win or evacuate. And the Navy needs to develop small ships and submarines, turntables, self-propelled guns, ATGMs, mobile anti-aircraft guns and air defense systems, and most importantly, sink enemy rank 1 and 2 ships and not build berths for them.
  8. ficus2003
    ficus2003 12 September 2020 13: 58 New
    0
    Quote: zwlad
    The otvetka will fly primarily to the USA. Colony satellites will receive a leftover principle.

    The browser will tolerate not such a game, if only Russia did it, it would long ago attack the United States in Syria and not fight terrorists. It's the same in the Chechen war, in the war with Georgia. But even "The answer will fly first of all to the USA" never happened.
  9. ficus2003
    ficus2003 12 September 2020 14: 02 New
    0
    Quote: petr.tchetyrkin
    I'm not a lot off the topic, why in Baltiysk there are berths for ships of rank 1 and 2, which were transported to St. Petersburg with losses in World War I and II. At the beginning of the war, the enclave will exist on self-sufficiency and at the expense of forts, bases, warehouses, missiles, guns, tanks, infantry, factories and agriculture until we win or evacuate. And the Navy needs to develop small ships and submarines, turntables, self-propelled guns, ATGMs, mobile anti-aircraft guns and air defense systems, and most importantly, sink enemy rank 1 and 2 ships and not build berths for them.

    Probably the idea is the same why the United States is transferring troops to the Baltic States - after all, they will also be destroyed in the first place, and it is guaranteed, but even the United States does not stop it.
    Therefore, I think it's a matter of projecting power, playing on the nerves, in the expectation that it will be used for local wars, and in the event of a full-fledged war with NATO, a nuclear war is inevitable, and if so, then it is absolutely not important which port the ships will be in.
  10. stalkerwalker
    stalkerwalker 12 September 2020 16: 57 New
    0
    Quote: BoA KAA
    Just "Ilyich", but you are a major specialist in the system of basing the fleet, as I see!

    Just a little, just "Oblique!"
    laughing