"Brothers" go to the "holy war"
According to Interfax quoting "Reuters", the supporters of the "Islamic state" recorded a video calling for a jihad against Russia.
A link to a nine-minute YouTube clip appeared in the channel of the Telegram messenger: it is used by a group banned in the Russian Federation. A masked man driving a car in the desert turns to Putin and threatens to kill the Russians.
"Russian newspaper" writes about the operational meeting, which was held by Vladimir Putin with the permanent members of the Security Council of the Russian Federation. The meeting was attended by Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev, his deputy Rashid Nurgaliyev, Interior Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, FSB Director Alexander Bortnikov and SVR Director Mikhail Fradkov. A number of international topics were discussed, including the situation in Syria.
In late July, remind "News"Sergei Shoigu announced a large-scale humanitarian operation in Aleppo, which will be held in conjunction with the Government of Syria.
Note something else. In the video with the threats posted on the network, the militants do not specify for what reason Russia became the goal of IG. Most likely, the propaganda activity of the militants is connected with the talks between Moscow and Washington on the joint opposition of IS. At the same time, the fact that IG released the video just now seems rather strange. Apparently, the leaders of the group do not like the strengthening of the international struggle against the “caliphate”, which is gradually losing the previously occupied Syrian territories. To frighten, inspire fear to ordinary citizens in a variety of ways is the well-known tactic of bloodthirsty bearded men fighting for the purity of "faith." The terrorist attacks in Europe, and now the threats against the Russian people are undoubtedly elements of a bloody strategy.
At the same time, presumably, this also means drawing Russia into the Syrian war. Today, Moscow simply can’t allow militants who have gained military experience in Syria or Iraq to move to Russia. In addition, in the actions on the territory of Syria, Russia is growing losses. He writes about it RIA News" with reference to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
"On August 1, in the province of Idlib, as a result of shelling, the Russian military transport helicopter Mi-8 was brought down to Khmeimim airbase after delivering humanitarian aid to the city of Aleppo," the ministry said.
On board were three crew members and two officers of the Russian Center for Reconciliation of the warring parties in Syria. The fate of the Russian military is being investigated through all available channels, the agency said.
As reported by the Al-Masdar News publication, which quotes "Free press", The body of the pilot jihadists rope tied to a motorcycle and dragged along the ground. Militants report that "one Russian is alive, being held captive and tortured."
The helicopter was shot down near the place where the Islamist group is trying to break through the blockade of the eastern regions of Aleppo during the counteroffensive.
Earlier, we recall, President Putin ordered the start of a large-scale humanitarian operation in Aleppo.
Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said that Russia and Syria, within the framework of a large-scale humanitarian operation, open three corridors through which Aleppo’s civilians can leave the surrounded city. In the areas of corridors Shoigu ordered the deployment of hot meals and medical care. According to the head of the Ministry of Defense, the operation is carried out in accordance with the instructions of President Putin, reports "Lenta.ru".
“We have repeatedly called on the opposing sides to reconcile, but each time the militants violated silence, bombarded settlements, attacked positions of government forces,” Shoigu quoted as saying. “As a result, a difficult humanitarian situation has developed in the city of Aleppo and its suburbs.” The minister also noted that these measures are being taken "solely in order to ensure the safety of the residents of Aleppo."
In addition, an additional corridor in the direction of the route Castello (in the north of Aleppo) will be opened for surrounded militants who wish to lay down weapon.
However, it seems that the jihadists preferred not the humanitarian “corridor”, but the tactics of threats. And threaten the "holy war" of Russia.
According to Stanislav Tarasov, Director of the Middle East-Caucasus Research Center at the International Institute of the Newest States, the terrorists have now switched from the Middle East to Europe, and then decided to transfer the threats to Russia.
"I am surprised that ISIS did not announce jihad to us before," said the expert. "Free Press".
According to the expert, Russia is involved "in the fight against ISIS in Syria." "This is a real war," says Tarasov, "and only a naive person could assume that the theater of military operations would be limited to Syrian territory."
At the same time, the expert believes that threats against Russia are a predictable move. And the Russian special services, presumably, “have long been calculated”.
Sergei Goncharov, President of the Alfa Anti-Terrorism Unit, a member of the Russian Academy of Security, Defense and Law Enforcement Problems, told SP that the ISIL militants are well aware that the victories of the Assad troops could not have taken place without the support of Moscow. “Therefore, I take the threats of ISIS seriously,” Goncharov said.
To the threatening video statement from IG, we add, a response was received from the Kremlin.
Moscow pays due attention to threats threatened by terrorist groups, they are taken into account by the special services, said Russian Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov. "Certainly, such publications are taken into account the special services, which are responsible for the anti-terrorist operation and security. Surely the necessary measures taken by the Ministry of Defense line during operation Russian VKS in Syria "- quoted Peskov RIA News".
“At the same time, such threats are not capable of any influence on the consistent policy of Russia, the policy of President Putin in the fight against terrorism, against international terrorism, which, of course, will continue in all directions,” he said.
Recall that in the 2015 year, the Russian security services installed more than 2,9 thousand people from among those who came from Russia who are suspected of involvement in terrorist activities in a number of countries in the Middle East. About this recently говорил Director of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation Alexander Bortnikov. According to him, the FSB receives "documented information about the plans of bandglavs, hiding in the territory of a number of countries in the Middle East, to continue their terrorist activities and try to impart a new impetus to the North Caucasian bandits."
In addition, the head of the FSB saidthat the security services in Russia control more than 220 potential “pseudoshahid”. FSB officers are working to identify those involved in the preparation of "live bombs".
- especially for topwar.ru
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest news and the most important events of the day.