La Fighter 7
La-7 is built on the aerodynamic configuration of the cantilever low plane. Fuselage-type semi-monocoque. The wing is equipped with automatic slats. Three-support chassis with retractable tail wheel. The power plant consisted of a piston star-shaped air-cooled engine ASH-82FN with a three-blade propeller of variable pitch VISH-105В. Armament consisted of 2 synchronous guns ShVAK or SP-20. Part of the aircraft production plant number 381 3 equipped with guns UB-20.
There were the following modifications:
* La-5 standard 1944 g. - prototype. Made in January 1944. The first flight of 2 February is 1944 of the year.
* La-7 - serial fighter. Produced since May 1944.
* La-7 M-71 - experienced with an M-71 engine. Made in 1944 year.
* La-7 ASH-83 ("120", La-120) - experienced with ASH-83 engine. Notable for new wing. Armament consisted of 2 cannon NS-23. Manufactured at the end of the year.
* La-7 with PvRD - experienced with 2 pulsating D-10 thruster.
* La-7Р - experienced with the additional liquid-reactive accelerator RD-1 (RD-1ХЗ). In January, the 1945 was refitted 2 aircraft.
* La-7TK - experienced with 2 turbochargers TK-3. July-August 1944 produced 10 aircraft.
* La-XNUMHUTI - training. Notable for a double cabin, a non-retractable tail wheel, the lack of bulletproof glass, bronespinka, right gun.
* La-126 ("126") - experienced, prototype La-9. Notable for the design of the wing with molded parts of the electron, the shape of the lamp. Armament consisted of 4 cannon NS-23. Manufactured at the end of the year.
* La-126 RAMJET - experienced with 2 additional direct-flow WFD-430 under the wing. Converted from La 126 to 1946.
La-7 aircraft is considered one of the best fighters of the Second World War. He was an aces plane. Not without reason, Guards regiments were equipped with them first of all (176 Gviap received them first). La-7 could fight on equal terms with Me-109 and FW-190. He excelled Me-109G in horizontal and vertical maneuvers. Up to a height of 3500 m, and FW-190 - in the whole range of heights. "Focke-Wulf" had the advantage only in the speed of a dive, which the Germans used to carry their legs in time. It was on La-7 that the war of the three times Hero of the Soviet Union I.N. Kozhedub ended the war. Now this aircraft (airborne No.27) is exported to the Air Force Museum in Monino.
Production of the La-7 continued until the 1945 year. A total of three plants (№21 in Gorky, №99 in Ulan-Ude and №381 in Nizhny Tagil) produced 5905 aircraft. From 15 September to 15 October 1944, the first 30 serial aircraft passed military trials in the 65 guiap. In 47, air battles over the territory of Lithuania were shot down by 55 of enemy aircraft with the loss of their 4 (all due to engine failures). Later, La-7 was used in ever-increasing quantities on all fronts until the end of the war. Dismissed in 1947 year. In addition to the Red Army, the La 7 aircraft were in service with the Czechoslovak air force (up to the 1950 year).
On La-7, rammed: Glinkin, SG, Golovachev, P.Ya., Elkin, VI, Masterkov, AB, Semenov, V.G.
Destination: Fighter, fighter-bomber, interceptor, scout
First flight: January 1944
Adopted: May 1944
Manufacturer: NPO Lavochkina
Total built: 5753
Crew: 1 people
Max. speed at the ground: 597 km / h
Max. speed at height: 680 km / h
Range of flight: 635 km
Service ceiling: 10750 m
Rate of climb: 1098 m / min
Length: 8,60 m
Height: 2,54 m
Wingspan: 9,80 m
Wing area: 17,5 m²
Empty: 2605 kg
Equipped: 3265 kg
Max. takeoff: 3400 kg
Traction (power): 1850 hp (1380 kW)
Cannon armament: 2x20 mm ShVAK cannon or 3x20 mm Berezina B-20 cannon
Number of suspension points: 2
2x FAB-50 or FAB-100 as well as incendiary ZAB-50 or ZAB-100
Noticed oshЫbku Highlight text and press. Ctrl + Enter