- The Democrats are working for us: we broke the Communist Party - we have an extra niche. They became for us when they destroyed and burned the Union. Democrats inject and pass on to us. Get ready for the fact that we will soon become the ruling party. Remember: each of your neighbors is a voter. Sick, drunk, bad - still a voter.
So said Zhirinovsky, when he still had practically nothing but his restless sip.
For the first time alive, I saw him in 1991 on the platform of an on-board vehicle, a distant daughter of a carriage and an armored car, during a rally of already fallen communist-patriots on Manezhnaya Square. On the one hand, the insanity of those who, without holding the horse of power by the mane, tried to hold it by the tail and gave orders to an already non-existent country, reminding a meeting of Napoleons in an insane asylum. On the other hand, the successes, for the sake of saddling that horse, a country that does not exist: even thicker than all the rallies, ranks of people polluted by trade, innocently hurrying to cash in, deceiving each other.
And at the junction of these two equally wild Irtyshs for a moment, it seemed to me that since a democratic binocular in a slogan is a breakdown in life in general, isn’t it really better than one eye?
“Russia is a great power with a powerful army, and we are distributing it to fight against the Russians.” If the outskirts want to live independently, let them live - but with kerosene lamps. It is impossible to make everyone happy - this is a lie of democracy. The country turns into a shooting range for those who itch! I will lead such a policy that the people themselves will sweep away the leaders who split them for personal arrogance and doomed them to poverty. Yes, I will have a whip - for criminals, national separatists. I promise a whip in the afternoon - otherwise there will be a whip at night. 70 years of you squeezed juices to build an army. Now you pay for disarmament. The previous ones were preparing for war - they did not start the war. They laid the table - but did not let them come up ...
So said Zhirinovsky, offering temporarily, for better and sighting visibility, to blind one eye. But who, if not in the morning with a scythe, would have bought into such proposals - when it still seemed that the situation was about to be corrected, the society would recover and the fruit of democratic reforms would be in hand?
However, if the therapy is not keeping pace with the increasingly aggravating disease, even shock, surgery is gaining credibility. And why, then let the people let go, not worse than the prices, settling in the market-based mutual gangsterism, wouldn’t power choose gangsterism?
The devil said to Christ: bow to me - and take possession of the whole world. Zhirinovsky said to the hungry non-Christians: your table is laid! And those who sweated worse than Negro’s Uncle Tom over his cover, while scientific communism licked from the dishes, then capitalism — every day the payment that was not due to the sins of fasting was all more offensive and offensive.
- You have no other choice, you will soon want a dictator. But I will come legally, under the guarantee of free elections. If not me, the other will come anyway and will no longer give any guarantees. Dictatorial transition mode is required. I tell you frankly, where will I get the money from, who will win, who will lose. They are afraid of me in the Baltics, in Finland. Let them be afraid. And do not be afraid.
So said Zhirinovsky. And the operator of the next TV shooting in his headquarters, having finished his work, turned to the new prophet:
- Vladimir Volfovich, can I make a personal request?
- You are welcome.
- My wife asked me in the morning to give you a low bow.
It has long been noticed that in the opposition every leader looks prettier. It is clear: it is easier to lie, swear on the shrines of slogans: I will resign, cut off my hand, lie down under the train - if I do not hold back ... But the fatal "if" comes - and always flies at the promised address. What happens to shrines then?
The shrine of democracy is freedom. To her, the power of Yeltsin and his apostles-democrats at the time of promises attached safety, prosperity of all, peace. And, as usual, lied. Freedom alone has come true. The rest is banditry, ruin, war. The man, being free, behaved like a pig. The authorities of power, voluntarily or involuntarily, have embodied this swineish, uterine-aggressive principle into politics and moved the people into slaughter against each other. But does such an unintentional result cut the sanctum itself? The question is hard.
Christ, unlike our crooked promise, was straight: "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." And Don Quixote, having seen the convicts chained in chains, did not drop his flight:
“I want to ask the signors of the guards and the commissar to unchain them and let them go in peace, but to turn into slaves those whom the Lord and nature have created free, it seems to me extremely cruel. Let everyone answer for their sins. ”
Then, however, he broke, when the liberated convicts immediately nakostilili first to him - but his ideals, however, did not change.
Of course, life is not a book. But these books are written from life and embody the innermost aspirations of people. And now, looking at the swift rise of Zhirinovsky, I did not truly see what, with the aggravation of the accruing bedlam, the people would choose: to stay or part with the freedom that was already sprinkled with all the terrible costs? But this was the rating and the future of the Liberal Democratic Party with its leader, if he lied - quite frankly:
- Lies are always a tool of politics. Somewhere we are fake. I, for example, as a lawyer, for the abolition of the death penalty. But people are against - it means, and we must say: for cancellation later. People are irritated by speculation - it means that we are for a temporary ban. The main thing is that we are clean: we have not been in the Communists, we have not participated in power with the Democrats, we can blame everything on them. In general, it is better to avoid these words so as not to scare anyone away ...
The leader was echoed by his ideological associates:
- Russian can do everything: shoe a flea, launch a plane above all. One can not: live. Need order. At the station stuck a toad with cement, cement grabbed. Call the station manager, driver, dispatcher - and shoot from a machine gun. Tomorrow the trains will go without stopping ...
- Soon Russia will not be at all. All snapped up mafia dealers. Yeltsin does not rule the country - on Tuesdays reports to the mafia. 7 took years to get dirty money, now they will be invested in the property, they will hire guards and kick us in the ass! ..
- Already grabbed. I have a furniture company, but I cannot buy land, property - they directly ask: is there so much to take bribes? No - free. I have a carpenter, I worked all my life, he says: I’ll go out to the frontal place with an ax - and without a glass I will even chop, chop, with a smoke break only ...
I do not recall these speeches in order to catch on the angry word of the Zhirinovites. I think that under the claim essence of these words, many would subscribe today. But out of it, than the wilderness in our stuck tank, the more angry all the consequences follow. And even not so important, it crystallizes around Zhirinovsky or someone really worse. Some slogans from a seductive arsenal such as pacification with truncheons of all dark-skinned or even pale-faced - no, no, the most democratic sovereigns also realize. And the temptation to solve all the problems with the help of the "guards" is. And I don’t know how to argue with blinded fury, which unfortunately is true, except for the official one: saw, saw, then these things will be gold! Although I sincerely wished that it were so.
I don’t know, unlike those who are doing a good cashier today at the desperate debut of two thousand years ago, and why the Son of Man, at the moment of temptation, rejected the authority given immediately by the devil. And he chose his tedious, disgustingly ungrateful way of the cross - although with his data he could surely reach the highest dishes in the trade or domineering mafia. But how much mankind since then has not endeavored to straighten the whip of the unsuitability of the free, sometimes swinish will — every time then it returned to the truth that this very, perhaps, incalculable example presents.
And because I still do not voluntarily give up a penny beyond what is due by right to Caesar. And the fact that the one for whom I, in insane blindness, voted and substituted my forehead on the barricade, turned out to be not so good, only convinces me that none of these Caesars can be completely good.
Whatever any of them say, including the most likeable ones.