Assistant to the President of the Republic of Tatarstan on the aviation complex Ravil Zaripov (c) Maxim Platonov / realnoevremya.ru
Ravil Zaripov: “In April, builders will enter the site of the Kazan Aviation Plant”
Before 2018, about 70% of KAZ areas will be repaired at the expense of federal funds
With the resumption of production of supersonic strategic bombers Tu-160 Kazan aviation for the first time in 20 years, the plant will gain a long-term construction program, and at least 17 out of 20 republican defense industry enterprises will be able to enter into cooperation with it in the status of suppliers. Ravil Zaripov, Assistant to the President of the Republic of Tatarstan for the airline complex, told the White Swan how to rediscover the road to heaven.
Start is given
- Last spring, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced the need to resume production of the Tu-160М2 at the Kazan Aviation Plant. Are federal start-up documents signed, or while loud statements of intent are heard?
- Of course, these are not just words. There are already directive documents at the level of the federal government that allow financing the necessary preparatory work to begin construction of the Tu-160М2. At the same time, a presidential decree is being prepared, which will determine the specific goals and objectives for the production of a strategic heavy bomber, which will be adopted by the Russian Air Force and will significantly increase its combat capabilities.
In the upcoming perspective, strategic long-range aviation remains a serious factor of nuclear deterrence, the main stabilizing force, therefore, its importance increases. The Russian Ministry of Defense annually invests in the modernization of existing bombers - Tu-95MS, Tu-160 and Tu-22М3. They are technically improved and "intellectualized" thanks to the new on-board equipment and the expansion of the range of weapons. As recent events show, only strong states respect the world. With the adoption of the state armaments program before 2020, the President of the Russian Federation adopted a doctrine for the renewal of military equipment and weapons of the Russian army. This is more than a timely decision aimed at ensuring the sovereignty and security of the country. The country's defense complex is actively working in this direction, not just doing restoration and repair, but creating new generation military equipment. In this sense, the Tu-160М2 should be the pinnacle of scientific and technical thought. The next-generation strategic bomber will replace the winged cars built in the 80s.
Since last year, systematic work has been carried out on the development of technical specifications for shaping the appearance of the Tu-160М2, and the program is being selected to be selected for the production cooperation. In the Soviet years, aircraft factories were built to perform a full cycle of work, where everything was done - from the manufacture of parts to flight tests. In the current environment it is economically disadvantageous. Therefore, a large cooperation program is being created to transfer part of the work to related defense plants. According to this model, the largest aviation corporations in the world have been working for a long time. Transition to new production methods is a large-scale work, but not requiring large investments.
The whole program of future construction is coordinated by the leadership of PJSC "Tupolev" and its branch - Kazan Aviation Plant. They have developed source documents that were considered in the relevant ministries and the KLA. In interaction with them, it was determined how and with whom to cooperate. Thus, 10 of the first tier suppliers were appointed, who will have to provide the main aggregates, engines and control systems for the Tu-160М2. Of course, all the bolts can not be painted. But there are key manufacturers, the management of UAC has established clear schedules for shipment of items. Currently, enterprises have begun to digitize the main elements of the fuselage.
Tatarstan defense industry rises on the wing
- Which of the Tatarstan enterprises of the military-industrial complex will participate in the cooperation of Tu-160М2?
- Of course, very many people strive to get into production cooperation. 17 from 20 of Tatarstan enterprises of the military-industrial complex applied for participation in the competitive selection. These are the electronic bush, the Kazan Helicopter Plant and a number of enterprises that specialize in the production of dies and molds, and we just have to do a lot of tooling. Now the design engineers of these enterprises offer technical solutions for the manufacture of new parts and assemblies. This will allow to achieve substantial budget savings. It is not necessary to create everything at one point. I think that the list of participants will still be supplemented. In addition, part of the assemblies and parts will be manufactured inside the UAC corporation, at aircraft factories in Ulyanovsk and Irkutsk.
- 17 from 20 is a good indicator. So, they managed to save production potential?
- Yes, many defense enterprises have maintained good technical equipment, despite the reforms of the 1990-s, which led to a decrease in the production of defense-industrial complex several times, and it was possible to lose everything at once. If it were not for the efforts of the leadership of the republic, the defense complex would have lost its role in the economy. Today, the total annual revenue of defense enterprises of the republic is 98 billion rubles - a good addition to the GRP.
No one argues that the defense industry is a priority of the federal authorities, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. But, on the other hand, the leadership of the republic never left the defense industry alone with its difficulties, did not divide the enterprises into “ours” and “not ours”. After all, our people work in them (these are more than 50 thousands of people), therefore their problems also concern us. We have taken and will continue to take decisive actions, no matter how difficult the questions that may arise.
Nevertheless, preparatory work for the conclusion of contracts and the responsibility for their execution falls on the general directors of enterprises. Over the past 7 years in my practice, practically they have never frustrated the implementation of the GOZ, which was previously considered a rarity.
They do not sit in the office - they constantly fly to Moscow for talks. Sometimes you will get on a plane - you will surely meet one of them. In the morning he is in Moscow - in the evening in Kazan. Such purposeful still need to search. They are responsive, friendly, participate in many social programs of the republic (restoration of parks and squares, social mortgage program, training of specialists). Everyone has sponsored educational institutions, schools, open departments in institutes. In a word, they can work in a single team. In response, we are always ready to provide support. Once a quarter, the president of the republic holds meetings with directors, and there are many more activities that informally unite. It is important that the government and business in Tatarstan find a common language not only on election day, but as a result of daily work.
Kazan remains in the division of "Special Aviation"
- In the Soviet era, the Kazan Aviation Plant successfully developed in two directions - military and civil aircraft construction. But as a result of reforms in 90-s, when all programs were closed, on the initiative of the first President of the Republic of Tatarstan Mintimer Shaimiev, a passenger version of the Tu-214 was launched “in series”, which was altered as a special purpose aircraft. KAPO goodbye to civilian aircraft industry?
- In the course of the restructuring of aircraft-building factories in the structure of the KLA, the main divisions were identified: civilian, combat and special aviation. At this stage, the KAZ will develop in the field of special aviation, producing aircraft developed by the Tupolev design bureau. We are talking about long-range Tu-214 aircraft, the production of which will be continued. Our Ulyanovsk colleagues will specialize in military transport aircraft of the Ilyushin Design Bureau family, continuing to fulfill the contract for the supply of X-NUMX Il-39 aircraft.
- Has the problem of unification of the Tu-204 and Tu-214 aircraft been solved?
- In the structure of UAC, the position of chief designer has been introduced, to which the leaders of the Tupolev Design Bureau, Ilyushin Design Bureau, Mikoyan will be subordinate. His task is to pursue a unified technical policy in the field of creating and producing new aircraft. That is, the basic elements of cars of the brand Tu or Il should be as similar and interchangeable as possible. Due to this, it will be possible to develop production cooperation between the KLA plants.
- How many planes did KAZ launch last year?
- Their number is determined by GOZ-2015. KAZ completed it in full and on time. According to preliminary data, the volume of production for the year 2015 will be 11 billion rubles. While this is the minimum threshold required for the payment of wages and the provision of social guarantees. On the other hand, the plant has great potential for future revenue growth.
By 2019, the Kazan Aviation Plant will be updated "spick and span"
- What is the technical condition of the Kazan Aviation Plant?
- Unfortunately, over the past 20 years, the plant did not have large programs that would allow a sharp increase in production volumes. Naturally, this was reflected in production capacity, procurement production was particularly affected. 20 years in half-life were left behind. In the coming 5 years, within the framework of federal targeted programs, a great deal of work will be done to transform it into a modern and high-tech factory.
But what is an aircraft factory? This is, first of all, the airfield, from where a collected aircraft rises into the sky for flight tests. Therefore, last year a lot of work was started on the modernization of the airfield complex in accordance with modern flight safety standards. Already this year, the airfield will be ready to receive heavy combat aircraft.
Secondly, it is necessary to completely modernize the energy infrastructure of the enterprise. Still, the huge factory areas require the consumption of a large amount of electricity and heat, so now it is necessary to lay the basis for its future activity the most energy-efficient solutions. Thirdly, it is necessary to carry out a major overhaul of the production departments, and these are hangars with a height slightly less than 15 meters. We already have on hand a ready-made design decision on how and where work will be carried out during 2-3 years. This includes the construction of new buildings. Already in April, builders will enter the production site of KAZ. And only after the end of their work, we will be able to start the supply and installation of modern machine equipment. Thus, already on the stocks of the renewed plant, new long-range aviation systems will be assembled, which will ensure the national security of the country.
- What part of the production area will be reconstructed?
- According to preliminary estimates, about 70-75% of KAZ areas under the program up to and including 2018 will be fully repaired. Somewhere the roof will be changed, somewhere the floor will be re-flooded, somewhere the engineering systems and equipment will be completely changed. A huge amount of construction and installation work to be done. The work is scheduled for three years - from 2016 to 2018 year - and will be held in stages. The question of creating an engineering center connected with the main assembly shops is now being considered.
- What is the amount invested in upgrading?
- The defense-industrial complex is financed by federal targeted programs, and they will be used to design, build and supply equipment. These sums are quite large - several billion rubles. Contracting organizations for these works will be attracted on tender terms.
Russian “Stankoprom”, German DMGMORI, or ... Whose machines will choose KAZ
- Now you define the range of machine equipment. Who are you targeting - domestic or foreign suppliers?
- I want to emphasize that procurement will be carried out on a tender basis. But federal legislation obliges, first of all, to pay attention to what is produced in Russia. With all the problems of the domestic machine tool industry, it cannot be said that they have completely lost everything, they have missed. Today in the structure of "Rostec" created holding "Stankoprom". First, we will focus on domestic machines, and then - unique from foreign manufacturers. I do not think that at 100% we need any special machines. UAC and KAZ are engaged in the preparation of a comparative table of suppliers.
- But some foreign companies have already localized production. For example, the plant of the German company DMGMORI, built from scratch, operates in Ulyanovsk. Will their products be considered Russian?
- Joint ventures with the participation of foreign capital located in the Russian Federation and operating under the laws of the Russian Federation are recognized by Russian manufacturers. Therefore, if they participate in tenders for the supply of machine equipment, they will enter the shortlist as priority suppliers.
- The tendering mechanism has pros and cons. An open dialogue with suppliers will surely be of interest to you and them. Planning to hold conferences for mutual exchange of views?
- I agree. It is important to correctly select the equipment in accordance with the specified specifications - with a certain cutting speed, frequency and even dimensions. Based on this, at least three options of suppliers are considered, and then consultations are held with them, working trips to enterprises for inspecting the production of machine tools. Pre-study the experience of operating machines, looking for feedback on the advantages and disadvantages. This is a fairly large and serious work - after all, there may not be a second chance at the technological re-equipment of the plant.
- Is it possible to expect know-how in the production of Tu-160М2?
- Today the task is to reanimate new technological functions in the field of aviation and helicopter construction. In this direction, we are working closely with VIAM, the institute for the creation of new materials, and with the Moscow NIAT and KNIAT, which were originally created in the USSR to develop regulatory technological and technical documentation. The goal is the introduction and certification of laser technologies that will help to get away from manufacturing a fairly complex tooling. Laser method could process a number of units and parts for the aviation industry of the Russian Federation. Laser welding does not require vacuum installations and is carried out under local protection with an inert gas.
- Until now, this has not happened?
- In aviation, only technologies proven over the years are always used. They should be thoroughly tested, checked. On the ground, you can stop and repair, but you can not go wrong in the sky. Therefore, in the industrial production of laser technology come gradually. Research begins with the testing of samples, then the technology is transferred to prototype parts and then replicated in industrial production.
Runway for graduates of KAI and MSTU. Bauman
- Along with the creation of new capacity is scientific support. This is a real job for our students, graduate students and the opportunity for further training for our engineers. Cooperation with KAI and MGTU im. Bauman.
- Are you waiting for Moscow students?
- I think that we will attract them, because many guys from the republic study there. Every engineer wants to prove himself in a real project - especially in aviation. With the support of KAZ, the Kazan Aviation Institute received certain orders for digitizing new products. They will be designed “in figure”. And our students are happy to take part in this work. A competence center for training workers and specialists for aircraft building will be created on the basis of a professional lyceum, sponsored by KAZ, and KAI remains the base institution for the training of engineers for aircraft and helicopter engineering. In short, the development prospects of KAZ are quite good.