1. AMZ began its activities in 1972 year as the Arzamas Automobile Spare Parts Plant of the Gorky Automobile Production Association. In 1980, the plant produced the first army armored personnel carrier, and in 1981, it already produced the first batch of special vehicles.
The most famous models of manufactured products are rightfully armored personnel carriers BTR-70 and BTR-80, multi-purpose vehicles of the Tiger family, medical BMM vehicles, wheeled repair and recovery vehicles BREM-K and unified UNS chassis. The plant carries out not only the sale of armored vehicles, but also its repair, maintenance, trains foreign specialists to operate machines, repair this equipment.
1. Quite a few legendary high-end combat vehicles were in stories Soviet and Russian troops. The very first armored vehicle on the AMZ was the BTR-70 model, which revolutionized domestic engineering of wheeled armored vehicles. Now it is no longer produced, but these machines are still actively used around the world. It was replaced by an armored personnel carrier BTR-80, in the design of which the deficiencies identified in the Afghan war were taken into account. Now Arzamas Machine-Building Plant produces models of the BTR-82, adopted by the Russian Armed Forces in the 2013 year.
Walk of Fame factory workers. An assembly-testing workshop, 2 of a component-producing workshop, a finished product warehouse, a testing ground, and an own boiler house are located at the plant. I have not yet seen such production areas.
3. In the shops for the production of components is quite a common situation for the enterprise: tools, machines, lasers, parts, workpieces.
4. A large number of components for the production of armored personnel carriers or cars "Tiger" is made at the factory.
5. Now the Arzamas engineering plant employs 4000 people, among whom 900 are young professionals. In Soviet times, the company could boast of a staff of 10 000 employees.
We turn to the assembly-test shop, where the direct production of armored personnel carriers begins. At the same time on the conveyor is 21 machine, which gradually go through all the key stages of assembly. Full assembly BTR takes 5 working days.
6. The whole process begins with the installation of the armor of the future BTR on the conveyor. Already welded, painted and with a piece of wiring armor weighing 4 or 6 tons comes from Vyksa. Delivers its enterprise PJSC "Factory of buildings". Factory workers call such bare hulls “gondolas”.
7. At the initial stage, all lines and wires are laid inside the armored car.
8. Install the drive axles.
10. BTR is moving about the conveyor. Organized such workspaces for maximum efficiency of workers.
11. The KAMAZ diesel engine and gearbox are installed in the armored personnel carrier. The BTR-80 uses a KAMAZ-740.3 engine with a turbocharger, at each engine breakdown. The BTR-82 is equipped with a 8-cylinder 4-stroke V-type diesel engine KAMAZ-740.14 ‑ 300 with a capacity of 300 l. with...
12. For rolling on the conveyor installed temporary wheels.
13. Workshop final assembly and debugging. Assembly and installation of electronic systems and weapons systems. The armament is the 14,5-mm machine gun KPVT (BTR-82) or the fast-fire 30-mm gun 2A72 (BTR-82А), paired with the PKNM 7,62-mm machine gun in the control unit. In the pits is regulated transmission and suspension.
14. Smoking room
15. One eye looked at the line for assembling multipurpose vehicles "Tiger".
16. The Tigr armored car is fitted with a YMZ-534 diesel engine with turbocharging and horsepower 215.
17. After final assembly and debugging, the car begins a full test cycle, which is called a test march and takes 4 of the day. The test march is 100 kilometers with a factory driver, and then another 50 km - with a customer representative.
18. Multipurpose vehicles of the “Tigr” family - this popular model has proved itself well in conducting antiterrorist operations, carrying out protection and escorting columns, patrolling, and performing various special tasks.
One lap around the polygon inside is quite convenient. Pool - part of the test march. The armored personnel carrier maneuvers around the pillars, and then it is left immersed in water for a long time.
19. After successfully passing the tests, the machines are sent to the warehouse in anticipation of being sent to the customer. Customers are different, but above all it is the Russian army. AMZ has a wide geography of supplies, Russian armored personnel carriers and armored vehicles of the Tiger family are highly popular in the armies and law enforcement agencies of Algeria, Hungary, China, Congo, Indonesia, Sudan, Djibouti, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Uruguay, Colombia, Venezuela, etc.
20. I can't say that I dreamed of sitting in an armored troop-carrier, but it was interesting.
21. Internal space is used as efficiently as possible. I can not believe that 10 armed soldiers can fit in the car. Driver's seat. Pay attention to the huge documentation package on the next chair.
22. It was a small excursion to the Arzamas engineering plant - the only enterprise in Russia for the production of wheeled armored vehicles.