Military Review

Why did the Syrian calculations of the Smerch MLRS surpassed the Ukrainian artillerymen?

47
Why did the Syrian calculations of the Smerch MLRS surpassed the Ukrainian artillerymen?



Syrian army in 2014-2015 used the 300-mm multiple launch rocket launchers 9K58 Smerch more effectively than the Ukrainian armed forces in the Donbas in the summer and autumn of 2014. Let's try to figure out why this happened.

For the first time, information about the presence of the Syrians' most powerful and long-range rocket launchers of Soviet development appeared in February 2014. Then, observers in one of the videos that appeared on youtube.com hosting, saw the remains of 9М55К rockets with fragmentation submunitions 9Н235. The first photos of Syrian Smerches launchers appeared on the Web at the end of December 2014.



In September, 2015 of the year at the abandoned stadium of the city of Kardaha in the province of Lattakia captured not only the vehicle-loading vehicle of this complex, but also the stored ammunition crates. There are still no official data: how many installations the Syrian army received the government.

If we talk about the events in the Donbass, by the beginning of the acute phase of the crisis, the Ukrainian army was armed with almost 80 data from rocket launchers. Their transfer to the area of ​​hostilities began at the end of June 2014. Then it was
movement of the Smerches and their transport-charging machines was recorded. The columns were guarded by armored vehicles and covered with anti-aircraft missile systems of the Osa AKM air defense system.



According to military experts, the use of 9K58 "Smerch" in Syria was much more successful than in the Donbas. The fact is that in the summer of 2014, the Ukrainian troops had big problems in the means of reconnaissance and target designation. Therefore, they were forced to use reconnaissance aircraft AN-30B with outdated equipment and also obsolete jet drones Tu-143 Reis. Therefore, the “Tornadoes” were used almost blindly, often by civilian objects and served more weapons scare.

The web appeared information about the destruction of almost Ukrainian 13 launchers. In fact, in most cases, less powerful MLRS “Hurricane” were taken for destroyed “Tornadoes”, there are images of only a few damaged cars.



As for the Syrian army, at the time of delivery of the 9K58, the UAVs were already at their disposal, which were capable of transmitting intelligence information in real time. In addition, the Syrians were well trained in the operation and combat use of the material entrusted to them.
Author:
Originator:
http://vestnik-rm.ru/news-4-14738.htm
47 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. VNP1958PVN
    VNP1958PVN 17 January 2016 05: 23
    36
    Why did the Syrian calculations of the Smerch MLRS surpassed the Ukrainian artillerymen?
    Because the Syrians are defending their homeland from all daishmans, and in dill the attackers themselves are all sorts of daishmans and banderloziki!
    1. Megatron
      Megatron 17 January 2016 08: 04
      12
      I would say that ukro-punitive and specifically were not averse to shooting at housing estates from everything possible.
      In the Donbass, for them, only quilted jackets, nonhumans and slaves live.
      1. inkass_98
        inkass_98 17 January 2016 09: 00
        +6
        Different goals imply different performance. Punishers beat on the areas, accuracy was useless for them, quilted jackets are not a pity. The Syrians, on the other hand, are liberating their lands and homes from any new scum, from real invaders, hence the selectivity in the use of MLRS.
        1. Doctorleg
          Doctorleg 17 January 2016 17: 04
          +2
          Quote: inkass_98
          Different goals imply different performance. Punishers beat on the areas, accuracy was useless for them, quilted jackets are not a pity. The Syrians, on the other hand, are liberating their lands and homes from any new scum, from real invaders, hence the selectivity in the use of MLRS.

          You can see the ruins of Syrian cities on the Internet. In the Donbass, it was probably only the Donetsk airport that suffered. And something in the internet does not find footage of massive artillery or air raids by terrorists on settlements.
    2. Al63
      Al63 17 January 2016 10: 22
      -52 qualifying.
      The whole difference is that the accuracy of the hits in Ukraine is estimated by the victims, and by shooting in Syria! And those who provided weapons to Syria comment on this! And you want to hide from the results of using weapons delivered by Rosia nedorosiya (Malaysian Boeing)!
      1. APASUS
        APASUS 17 January 2016 11: 11
        22
        Quote: Al63
        The whole difference is that the accuracy of the hits in Ukraine is estimated by the victims, and by shooting in Syria! And those who provided weapons to Syria comment on this! And you want to hide from the results of using weapons delivered by Rosia nedorosiya (Malaysian Boeing)!

        Instead of your indignant speeches, bring facts.
        It will be interesting to read the material provided by you especially regarding the investigation of the tragedies on the Maidan, Mariupol, Odessa.
        I think the materials of the Ukrainian Boeing investigation will become a bestseller in general !!
        1. TiRex
          TiRex 17 January 2016 18: 13
          +2
          balabol, the first 5 comments are no longer patriotism, but something worse ...
          1. TiRex
            TiRex 17 January 2016 18: 29
            0
            the effect of adjusting fire on its accuracy has not been canceled.
      2. Andrey VOV
        Andrey VOV 17 January 2016 11: 38
        +3
        Ah, you fascist settled here on the site! Come find Bender abomination!
        1. cherkas.oe
          cherkas.oe 17 January 2016 13: 11
          +5
          Quote: Andrey VOV
          Ah, you fascist settled here on the site! Come find Bender abomination!

          No need to moan and resent Andrei, all the more put minuses to this p-i = n-d = o = Stan's excretion, our minuses are his money, which his owners will pay him, just send him the whole team to the black list or not to react on his dirt, then he’ll just be fired for the inefficiency of trolling laughing
          1. Boos
            Boos 17 January 2016 14: 37
            +2
            Thank you for the advice. So did ...
            Quote: cherkas.oe
            Quote: Andrey VOV
            Ah, you fascist settled here on the site! Come find Bender abomination!

            No need to moan and resent Andrei, all the more put minuses to this p-i = n-d = o = Stan's excretion, our minuses are his money, which his owners will pay him, just send him the whole team to the black list or not to react on his dirt, then he’ll just be fired for the inefficiency of trolling laughing
      3. revnagan
        revnagan 17 January 2016 11: 41
        +8
        Quote: Al63
        (Malaysian Boeing)!

        The Malaysian "Boeing" was shot down by the Ukrainian side. That is why the results of the examination of the plane crash have not yet been made public. Ukraine, using the "veto" in the international commission according to the agreement, simply blocks information that is dangerous for itself. The United States, whose satellites control the sky over the place of the Boeing's death "also for some reason do not provide any data.
        Quote: Al63
        And I want to hide from the results of the use of weapons delivered by Rosia nedorosiya

        That you sho? Lvov, Chernivtsi, Lutsk, Ternopil, Kamenets-Podolsk and other former slaves of Poland got so much? Or did the punishers only get snot from Donbass well? ideas have already gotten really bad at the population of the normal regions of Ukraine, so that when the LDNR army drives you into your stinking caches, there will be no shortage of volunteers from the liberated regions of Ukraine.
      4. olegactor
        olegactor 17 January 2016 12: 41
        +3
        hear ukro-connoisseur .. how do you use weapon wackyness we saw on downed civilian planes ... and the Boeing of your hands is up to it ... and you always are too lazy to fuck ... like stealing ... but you are not given to work and fight wretchedly
      5. rammjager
        rammjager 17 January 2016 13: 59
        +6
        It’s a pity that you didn’t fall under Debaltseve. Nothing, the day will come when you, un-Ukrainian, will evaluate the accuracy of OUR hits.
      6. evil partisan
        evil partisan 17 January 2016 15: 44
        +6
        Quote: Al63
        And I want to hide from the results of the use of weapons delivered by Rosia nedorosiya

        Know yes.
      7. NIKNN
        NIKNN 17 January 2016 15: 52
        +7
        Quote: Al63
        The whole difference is that the accuracy of the hits in Ukraine is estimated by the victims, and by shooting in Syria! And those who provided weapons to Syria comment on this! And you want to hide from the results of using weapons delivered by Rosia nedorosiya (Malaysian Boeing)!

        Ukrainians drunk in the insole shot, and faith forbids Syrians to go with a green serpent (by the way). In general, some sell their homeland and protect others. hi
      8. kolobok63
        kolobok63 17 January 2016 17: 06
        +1
        And what about dill on the site? Have you forgotten the frost on the street, it's time to ride ... hi
      9. vovanpain
        vovanpain 17 January 2016 20: 09
        +7
        Quote: Al63
        I want to hide altogether

        So hide the stuffed Bandera.
    3. Vohman
      Vohman 18 January 2016 01: 45
      -3
      Quote: VNP1958PVN
      Why did the Syrian calculations of the Smerch MLRS surpassed the Ukrainian artillerymen?
      Because the Syrians are defending their homeland from all daishmans, and in dill the attackers themselves are all sorts of daishmans and banderloziki!

      Because the MLRS Smerch APUs were not used in the direction of settlements and civilian objects with civilian ones, even if the enemy was clearly located there.
      Is this eloquently said, or didn’t you know? :
  2. LÄRZ
    LÄRZ 17 January 2016 05: 40
    +6
    In addition, the Syrians received good training in the operation and combat use of the material entrusted to them.
    And this is also important. "Electronics in the hands of a savage is a piece of iron." And in dill? Where, when and who will teach them? This is how the Bandera punitives they still cope, but as the defenders of their country ...
    1. Cap.Morgan
      Cap.Morgan 17 January 2016 09: 37
      +4
      Come on you. Some schools graduated. And ours, and Ukrainians, and Syrians.
      Just the Ukrainian officers are the most combat-ready part of their army.
      Speaking in Russian, and often being from Russia, they, as they say, faithfully .... bastards
      1. kumaxa
        kumaxa 22 January 2016 06: 50
        0
        yyyh! RIGHT and not say
  3. Same lech
    Same lech 17 January 2016 05: 58
    16
    Why did the Syrian calculations of the Smerch MLRS surpassed the Ukrainian artillerymen?


    Please post statistics ...
    how many starts were there? ..
    for what purposes?
    the number of destroyed manpower, equipment, defenses, headquarters, etc.?
    There is nothing of this in the article ... nothing to analyze ... sadness sad
    1. Shadowcat
      Shadowcat 17 January 2016 10: 39
      0
      Quote: The same LYOKHA
      There is nothing of this in the article ... nothing to analyze ... sadness

      Alas (I'm afraid we’ll see statistics in five years at best.
      For the rest I am Copenhagen
    2. 72jora72
      72jora72 17 January 2016 13: 42
      +1
      the number of destroyed manpower, equipment, defenses, headquarters, etc.?
      Come to Donetsk, they will clearly show you where the tornadoes arrived.
  4. cap
    cap 17 January 2016 07: 56
    +7
    You don’t need to analyze it especially. The effectiveness is different because some shoot for reporting and by eye, others fight off so that they don’t become like a sacrificial sheep. Therefore, they’re not choosing targets anyhow. That's how it is.
  5. Gray 43
    Gray 43 17 January 2016 08: 35
    0
    For some, war is a chance for survival, and for others, entertainment and earnings. Maybe the Ukrainians did not have specialists working with the "Tornadoes", but they could easily find themselves among the mercenaries, with intelligence more complicated, but the staff members will always share satellite images with their rams, which is probably why the investigation of the crash with the downed Boeing is so stuck and overgrown with different fictions without evidence, for they exist, but the publication will sign the sentence to the punishers
  6. Senior manager
    Senior manager 17 January 2016 10: 06
    0
    The Syrians are fighting for their lives and the future of their children, and the Armed Forces of Ukraine are fighting for some reason, and it’s clear that with their people, this is the attitude to their work. All the same, a positive idea is a great driving force.
  7. Sarych
    Sarych 17 January 2016 10: 34
    -29 qualifying.
    The last major bummer from maladaptation occurred near Maryinka, then artillery covered the Downbassers as a fly swatter covers a fly. Hundreds drove home, to their homeland in the Spiritual Scrap, in zinc coffins. After that, a conversation immediately went over MINSK.
    During this war against the "Russian world", our army has become as strong and equipped as ever in these 25 years. We also have artillery tablets with the installation of guidance programs with accurate maps and satellite images, and drones and information from allies and information from partisans, of whom there are oh so many in the territory temporarily occupied by non-brothers from Spiritual Skrepa. Moreover, there is tremendous support from people, firms and enterprises working now to help the soldiers and the country in the victory over the separatists, who by their actions proved that they are terrorists.
    1. Ami du peuple
      Ami du peuple 17 January 2016 11: 37
      +8
      .
      Quote: Sarych
      We also have artillery tablets with installation of guidance programs with accurate maps and satellite images, and drones and information from allies and information from partisans

      All you have, yeah. Only you have no brains. And you have all and sundry
      And for "Minsk" the conversation started after Ilovaisk, from where your army skittered ahead of its own screeching. We almost lost Mariupol. And they would have surrendered if it had not been for the political grapes - there was no one to defend Marik.
    2. Andrey VOV
      Andrey VOV 17 January 2016 11: 40
      0
      One more Bender’s abomination ... yeah, the strongest army without spoilage, a bunch of holodrazhtsy, drunks and ... sit and bask in Russian gas, we give you ...
    3. rapid1934
      rapid1934 17 January 2016 13: 15
      +2
      Every time your army of punitive squanders you call it a victory. negative That is why your "army" is the coolest and most invincible. request
      In general, they are not offended by the poor, they simply cause pity or disgust. hi
    4. Kuzyakin15
      Kuzyakin15 17 January 2016 13: 37
      +7
      Sarych:
      No need to juggle! Minsk began only after the APU got into the boilers. Remember the rallies demanding Poroshenko to send troops (which he hadn’t already had) to help those around him. And the abandoned Ukrainian units of Mariupol?
      Only after that Poroshenko went on negotiations, and Holland with Merkel strained that they would put pressure on Putin. Which they did, promising to revise the sanctions. But before that, Poroshenko completely rejected any negotiations-war to victory!
      And in vain Putin seduced and put pressure on the leadership of New Russia. The Armed Forces militiamen would shatter and you would sit quietly already, like mice under a broom.
      In vain, Putin and Novorossia agreed to negotiations, because they knew very well that neither Poroshenko, nor Merkel and Oland could be trusted.
      Card cheaters by nature.
    5. 72jora72
      72jora72 17 January 2016 13: 51
      +6
      Hundreds drove home, to their homeland in the Spiritual Scrap, in zinc coffins.
      Hey, miserable, did you personally send them? Here are your landings buried near Donetsk, Shakhtyorsk, Mariupol, my mother is not grieving, it’s still worth the stench. And you all amuse yourself with stories about hundreds and thousands of killed sepors. So Wali stuffed on the censor, there is such smugglers like you whole madhouse.
      PSYes, and still poor, learn the Russian language.
    6. rammjager
      rammjager 17 January 2016 14: 05
      +1
      Go to your censor.
    7. Rink
      Rink 17 January 2016 15: 15
      11
      Sarych - you are a reborn, a mutant. Monster. You write in Russian, but inside there is no longer a living Russian person; there you have a programmed fascist-Bandera zombie.

      Ukraine is a wound on the body of the Russian people, and you are pus in this wound. Pus needs to be squeezed out, the wound must be sterilized.
      Then finally it will be possible to live normally on this earth.
    8. Wanderer 2008
      Wanderer 2008 17 January 2016 16: 51
      +1
      Sarych? About allies and informants in more detail is impossible?
    9. kolobok63
      kolobok63 17 January 2016 17: 10
      0
      Sarych is from the word sara? Then everything is clear! Soon they will come for you. hi
    10. APASUS
      APASUS 17 January 2016 18: 10
      +2
      Quote: Sarych
      The last major bummer from maladaptation occurred near Maryinka, then artillery covered the Downbassers as a fly swatter covers a fly. Hundreds drove home, to their homeland in the Spiritual Scrap, in zinc coffins. After that, a conversation immediately went over MINSK.
      During this war against the "Russian world", our army has become as strong and equipped as ever in these 25 years. We also have artillery tablets with the installation of guidance programs with accurate maps and satellite images, and drones and information from allies and information from partisans, of whom there are oh so many in the territory temporarily occupied by non-brothers from Spiritual Skrepa. Moreover, there is tremendous support from people, firms and enterprises working now to help the soldiers and the country in the victory over the separatists, who by their actions proved that they are terrorists.

      Look at the map deer, although of course on your map and Donetsk with Lugansk may be yours
    11. The comment was deleted.
    12. gluhar24
      gluhar24 17 January 2016 19: 49
      0
      And when to wait for the "strengthened" Armed Forces of Ukraine and National GADs in Rostov? lol
    13. skobars
      skobars 18 January 2016 00: 25
      0
      Well, yes, you’re gouging the masters over the squares, apparently there is still a lot of ammunition left from the Soviet era.
  8. partizan86
    partizan86 17 January 2016 10: 37
    +1
    It seems to me that it is one thing to hit cities with relatively high-rise reinforced concrete cities, and quite another to hit a flat desert with low clay buildings.
  9. Yak28
    Yak28 17 January 2016 10: 58
    0
    To be honest, I didn’t know that Syria had a "Tornado", I thought they had a maximum of "Hurricane".
  10. The comment was deleted.
  11. V.ic
    V.ic 17 January 2016 15: 59
    +3
    I watched two shrieks of "zhovto-blakitnykh" "clever men". What little or our site is losing popularity?
  12. iouris
    iouris 17 January 2016 16: 13
    0
    So the conclusion suggests itself: it is necessary to deliver modern UAVs to ukrokaratelam and supply data from reconnaissance satellites in real time. Then they, possibly (!), Will cease to launch rockets in populated areas.
  13. Dimon19661
    Dimon19661 17 January 2016 16: 31
    +1
    Quote: Sarych
    The last major bummer from maladaptation occurred near Maryinka, then artillery covered the Downbassers as a fly swatter covers a fly. Hundreds drove home, to their homeland in the Spiritual Scrap, in zinc coffins. After that, a conversation immediately went over MINSK.
    During this war against the "Russian world", our army has become as strong and equipped as ever in these 25 years. We also have artillery tablets with the installation of guidance programs with accurate maps and satellite images, and drones and information from allies and information from partisans, of whom there are oh so many in the territory temporarily occupied by non-brothers from Spiritual Skrepa. Moreover, there is tremendous support from people, firms and enterprises working now to help the soldiers and the country in the victory over the separatists, who by their actions proved that they are terrorists.

    So you will reach the Urals at this pace this month! Do you have Chinese tablets from the market ??? )))) By the way, the Baltic states will be a little more powerful than yours ....
  14. The comment was deleted.
  15. gladcu2
    gladcu2 17 January 2016 17: 20
    -3
    It is not ethical to attribute Ukraine to enemies.
    At the same time, compare methods of warfare.

    Ukraine is a neighbor under external control. And Ukrainians are fighting with survival motivation. Under duress. The vast majority. Idiots, adrenaline adventurers are not many.

    Before determining the rating of an event, look at things with the eyes of an opponent.
    1. V.ic
      V.ic 17 January 2016 18: 29
      0
      Quote: gladcu2
      Before determining the rating of an event, look at things with the eyes of an opponent.

      Tell me "who is your friend, and I will say - who are you!" ...
      --
      this saying is familiar from childhood.
      It is full of purity and simplicity ...
      Author: E. A. Ryazanov
      1. The comment was deleted.
  16. Flat5160
    Flat5160 17 January 2016 18: 40
    0
    Your warriors by force sent to the ATO simply shoot ammunition towards the LPR and the DPR, in white light like a pretty penny, and there the grass doesn’t grow, the grass didn’t grow too. Not all of course, there are bastards who plant in residential areas, but mostly at random. Hence these indicators. We must fight with real enemies and not with our own people.
    1. gladcu2
      gladcu2 17 January 2016 19: 05
      0
      Horizontal PLatform

      It is not known who you consider your warriors. But from your statement, we can conclude that the APU formally fulfills its duties. That says only about not important motivation. And what form of motivation is a separate discussion.
      1. iouris
        iouris 17 January 2016 20: 06
        0
        What are the goals of the war, such is the motivation.
  17. rumor_today
    rumor_today 19 January 2016 23: 47
    -5
    Quote: Megatron
    I would say that ukro-punitive and specifically were not averse to shooting at housing estates from everything possible.
    In the Donbass, for them, only quilted jackets, nonhumans and slaves live.

    Spiritualized "militias" especially for you, shooting at residential buildings

    And here is the answer to the question why the Ukrainian army is shooting at residential buildings from the correspondent of Channel 1, who for the first time showed the truth and did not understand it themselves. Here is the favorite tactic of the "volunteers" - to enter a residential building, shoot from it at the Ukrainian army and quickly escape from it, because they will shoot back at the house (0.42 - 0.48 seconds of reportage). As a result, accuse the Ukrainian army of shelling civilian houses.