At this time, look at the self-propelled launchers of coastal missile systems. Personally, I see these systems live for the first time.
1. Two self-propelled launchers of the Redut and Frontier radar missiles stand side by side on the armament and military equipment of the Navy.
2. Let's start the inspection with the complex "Frontier". This is what Wikipedia says about it:
“Boundary” (Grau 4K51 index, according to NATO codification: SSC-3 “Styx”) is a mobile coastal missile system with a subsonic anti-ship cruise missile “P-15M”. Adopted by the coastal missile and artillery troops of the Soviet Navy in 1978, actively exported in 1980-ies.
3. The development of a new mobile coastal complex with a P-15M cruise missile was launched by the Rainbow Design Bureau in 1970. The previously adopted Redut with P-35 supersonic anti-ship missiles was banned for export, and Rubezh was supposed to replace the outdated Sopka in export supplies. In 1974, for testing the complex on the Black Sea navy the 1267th separate coastal missile division was formed. The launches took place in the Crimea in the vicinity of Cape Fiolent; in total, in 1975-1977, 23 launches were carried out (including 4 throw). By Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 853-875 of October 22, 1978, the complex was adopted by the USSR Navy.
4. Despite the initial export orientation, the "Frontier" in the 1980-s entered into service with all four Soviet fleets, viewed as a more mobile and inexpensive alternative to the Redoubt. After the collapse of the USSR, these complexes were transferred to Russia and Ukraine. Export versions with P-21 / P-22 missiles in 1980-s were received by both ATS countries (GDR, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania) and non-member states: Yugoslavia, Cuba, Vietnam, India, Libya, Syria, Algeria , Yemen and others.
5. The staff of the division of the complex includes 4 self-propelled launchers 3С51, 4 transport-charging machines and, optionally, a long-range observation radar on the 40В6 tower.
The 3C51 launcher was developed at the Moscow Mechanical Engineering Design Bureau. On the heavy wheeled off-road chassis with the 8 × 8 MAZ-543 formula, all the main elements of the complex were located: control cabin with 3 and 51 “Harpoon” radar (detection range-up to 100 km), gas turbine power installation and a rotary platform with two containers for KT rockets 161. The main part of the electronic systems migrated in almost unchanged form from the rocket boats of the 205U project. Unlike the earlier “Hills” and “Reduce,” the installation is autonomous and can, independently of the machines of the division, detect and fire at surface targets. At the beginning of 80, 3С51 in production replaced SPU 3С51М, which is distinguished by the use of the advanced chassis MAZ-543М.
6. Translation of the SPU into a firing position takes up to 5 minutes, while using a hydraulic lift, the mast with the radar antenna rises to a height of 7,3 meters, and the containers are turned into a starting position (it can be rotated ± 110 ° relative to the stern with an elevation angle up to 20 °) . Regularly in two KT-161 containers there is one P-15М (3М51) cruise missile with an active radar seeker and one P-15М (3М51ТГС) with a thermal seeker "Snegir";
7. All of them have the same mechanics of flight: when launched, the rocket is ejected from the container by a solid-fuel accelerator, then the wings open and the rocket engine starts. With their help, speed and altitude are gained, then as the fuel is produced, the accelerator is shot off, and the RCC is reduced for low-altitude cruise flight (25, 50 or 250 meters — depending on the one entered before the start). The flight parameters are held by an inertial control system, and upon arrival in the specified area, the homing head is switched on, which detects and captures the target. With its defeat, the rocket makes a “slide” with the aim of striking the deck, the high-explosive warhead is initiated by the contact fuse.
8. The coastal anti-ship operational-tactical missile system of the second generation “Redut” was developed under the direction of V.М. Chelomey in OKB-52 in accordance with the Decree of the USSR Council of Ministers No. 903-378 of August 16 1960, based on the tactical anti-ship missile P-35. The complex is designed to destroy surface ships of all types. The coastal missile complex received the index P-35B. The designation of the US MoD missile is SSC-1B (Surface-to-Surface Cruise type 1 is the second option), the NATO designation is Sepal.
9. The launcher was created on the basis of the four-axis chassis ZIL-135K (after transferring the mass production of the chassis to Bryansk - BAZ-135MB). The lead developer of the control system of the Redut complex was the Scientific Research Institute-10 (VNII Altair). Marching TRD missiles designed in OKB-300.
10. Flight tests of the P-35B rocket began in the fall of 1963. By the Resolution of the CM No. 631-202 of 11 of August 1966, the Redut complex was adopted. In the Baltic, the re-equipment of the 10-th separate coastal missile regiment with the Redut complex began in 1972. The regiment was renamed 1216-th separate coastal missile division (OBDS). November 1 The 1974 of the year The 1216 th oprd was reformed into the 844 th obrp. In the Northern Fleet, the 501 th separate coastal missile regiment deployed on the Rybachy peninsula was reequipped with Redut missiles in 1971-1974.
11. The technical position is the preparation and loading of the STC. The transition time from marching to combat is around 1,5 hours. Launchers and other vehicles of the complex are pushed to the firing line on the defensive coast. The SPU at the position sets the container to the firing position (angle of elevation 20 degrees). The radar of the brigade of the complex detects the target, the coordinates of the target are transferred to the battalion, which accompanies the target and determines its belonging with the help of the friend-foe system. After that, the control system selects the PU for firing and launches the rocket. When launching a rocket, a marching TRD is launched and the rocket is launched with the help of two starting accelerators towards the target. After the release of the rocket from the container wing opens. With the help of the starting solid propellant rocket rocket gaining speed and altitude. After the fuel is produced, the starting solid propellant rocket motors are dropped, the rocket with the main engine running lowers to the height of the main flight. Inertial control system maintains a given altitude, speed, direction of flight.
12. After reaching the target area, an active radar sight is activated. The rocket transmits to the operator’s console a radar picture of the target. The operator assigns a target to the rocket, the GOS captures the target and directs the missile at the target. The high-explosive warhead is initiated by the fuse after a missile hits the target.
13. The Redut missile has a powerful warhead and a high speed cruise, which increases the probability of hitting (air defense) through a single missile or a multi-rocket from several launchers. The complexes currently in service are likely to have the Progress missile 3М44 with improved performance characteristics. Due to the long range of fire, the battery of the Redut complex, with external target designation, can cover several hundred kilometers of coast. A powerful high-explosive or nuclear warhead allows you to disable a ship of any class with a single rocket.
14. In 1974, the development of the ZM35 Progress complex began on the basis of the П-44 complex. The main change in the rocket has become a new on-board guidance system with increased noise immunity and selectivity. For her, new on-board electrical equipment and a start-up unit were developed to provide better performance. Increased stealth and invulnerability of the rocket when approaching the target by increasing the length of the final section of the trajectory of lowering the flight altitude in this area.
15. Outdated rocket, has a relatively large size and weight, because of which the SPU is only 1 rocket. SPU is not autonomous and can not itself detect and fire targets. The deployment time of the complex in combat position is long. Long range missiles create problems with target designation. Source on the Redut complex - http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/missile/wobb/redut/redut.shtml
Продолжение следует ...