Ulan-Ude aviation Plant (UAZ) - one of the largest and oldest aviation plants in Russia. For the time being, the plant produced both airplanes and helicopters, and now it is the largest factory for the production of Mi-8 helicopters (Mi-171 is an export version) in the Russian Helicopters holding. In November, the plant released and handed over to the military a new modification of the helicopter for operation in the Arctic - Mi-8AMTSH-VA. That was the reason to visit the plant, as well as get acquainted with its life.
1. The hero of our story is the Mi-8AMTSH-VA VKS of Russia. Demonstration flight, the conditions are suitable: -25C.
2. The bear is the trademark of the plant.
3. The signing ceremony of the transfer documents - by the plant is signed by the Executive Director Leonid Belykh.
4. A word to the Chief of Combat Training of Army Aviation VKS, Major General Oleg Chesnokov.
5. The press catches every word speakers.
6. Inspection of the helicopter participants and guests.
7. Helicopter cabin.
8. Dashboard mixed - analog devices are adjacent to the "glass".
9. Two "bears" - pilots in special suits.
10. We go to the shop.
11. Here are made elements of the tail boom.
15. Air intakes.
16. Rear hatch flaps.
17. Cab blanks.
20. Assembling the bottom of the helicopter.
21. Collected blanks.
24. Everything is ready to install systems.
25. The process goes on.
26. Only women are attracted to fine work.
27. The men are watching.
29. "Yellow or green"?
30. Helicopter rotor
31. The engine is installed.
34. Almost everything is ready.
35. The product is rolled out of the shop.
37. Meet the November frosts.
38. Before flying, helicopters arrive at the FAC - Flight Research Center, where they are later tested.
40. Helicopter for the Angolan Air Force.
41. Finished cars on the airfield. Products "Helicopters of Russia" on customers. Mi-8AMTSH VKS Russia.
42. Mi-171SH Angola Air Force.
43. Mi-171SH-P Air Force Peru.
44. New batch for customer.
45. Mi-171E for the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Kazakhstan.
46. Here at the plant, the customer’s specialists undergo in-depth training on the simulator.
48. Train Angolan experts.
49. Many guys behind Russian military schools - technology is well known.
50. Flight is observed not only by instructors in the cabin, but also in the next room. Here they plan emergency situations for inspection and track the flight.
51. The product flies to the customer.
52. Here is such a day at the factory, which opened its doors to guests.