About what lies the hidden problems of civilization, about the conflict as a global phenomenon, and between individual countries, to which, in the end, today's alignment of forces in the world arena can lead to a conversation with it.
General Leonid G. Ivashov
- Leonid Grigorievich, you are the president of the Academy of Geopolitical Problems, for many years engaged in conflictology. What is the geopolitical alignment of forces in the world today?
- The world situation today is assessed as a permanent complex conflict between ideologies, civilizations, the meanings of life, between the past and the future. When humankind had a clear goal and vision for the future, there was no conflict with the past - it was the basis for aspiration for the future. And when there is no such goal - almost all nations currently live in a state of depression, uncertainty about the future, the meaninglessness of their lives - most countries return to the past, including Russia - to the Soviet system, to the name of Stalin.
"In the world geopolitical process ethno-cultural civilizations take the first position as the highest forms of social unification of peoples"
In the world geopolitical process ethno-cultural civilizations take the first position (as the highest forms of social unification of nations). States have already been defeated by the global transcontinental oligarchic community. In response to the fact that oligarchy today rules the world (orders revolutions, wars, points out the wrong path of development, imposes consumer, anti-human standards: same-sex marriages, etc.), society in turn lives by the laws of nature and the cosmos, and therefore world civilizations take the main positions.
The main conflict today flares up between Eastern-type civilizations, including Latin America, and the West, where large-financial capital reigns. The axis of confrontation between the West and the East is being restored - civilizations, states, nations oppose transnational communities. This condition is dangerous, it leads to the outbreak of world war. The task of the Russian civilization, which unites practically 200 ethnic groups, is to regulate relations between others, even such anti-civilizations as the West.
Every world civilization, like the vegetable, animal world, has its own function. They are created and built primarily because you need a balance, a balance of power - both in nature and in society.
- What do you think, what vectors of human development exist today?
- Today, there are three vectors of development. The first is the attempt of the Anglo-Saxon elite to build a unipolar world order, the second - the oligarchs create their own monopolar world under the power of money using military, economic Anglo-Saxon power, but there is a third vector - the multipolar world. His bright expression is a group of BRICS countries. Only five states that are matrix countries are the basis of future civilizations: Brazil - Latin America, South Africa - African, China and India, respectively, Asia, and Russia is still represented by the state, but its civilizational structure is gradually being restored as Russian civilization and common fate of all nations that were part of the Russian empire, and after that in the USSR. The process that began as an economic Eurasian union will grow into a union of nations.
- How deep is the world in a state of conflict, spiritual and moral decay? How do you see ways out of this situation?
"The world must be multipolar"
- The West-centric world order, where immoral capital dominates, has come to a dead end, development is no longer observed. Among other things, there is a conflict between man and nature. We are called upon this earth as sentient beings in order to maintain harmony, to balance relations even in the sphere of flora and fauna, to keep West and East in balance. The world must be multipolar. This thought was also confirmed by the Russian philosopher Konstantin Nikolaevich Leontyev, who said that every nation carries its own culture, that is why our multicolored and complex world is so beautiful and stable.
After the collapse of the USSR, they tried to create a unipolar world order. The Americans tried to take the lead in the world arena, but they were too lazy to work out a scientific theory. First of all, they relied on military superiority over all others (their military budget far exceeded the budgets of other countries), wanted to make everyone serve and increase profits for their business, secondly - on economic power and thirdly - on political impudence. All this is simply primitive, so no other theories of existence in the unipolar world were foreseen for other nations.
Today, the situation is changing, the exit is indicated. A “geopolitical matryoshka” appeared - the Eurasian Union is the center of Eurasia, the Shanghai organization is already a civilizational structure of the Eurasian continent - and a group of BRICS countries is a coalition that is an alternative to the West. In this world order there will be a completely different relationship. Their scientific, intellectual and spiritual communities need to create a system of interstate values, inter-civilization relations of a “non-Western” type, a security system, their own currency, an economic model that does not plunder nature.
It is no coincidence that in April 2015, a meeting of environmentalists took place - the process of understanding non-consumer nature of the relationship with nature is underway. Not only the leaders of the SCO and BRICS countries gathered in Ufa in July of this year, but also the Secretary of the Russian Security Council, Nikolai Platonovich Patrushev, met with his colleagues, which means they talked about a future security model. Sergey Naryshkin has gathered the chairmen of the parliaments of these countries - the foundations of a system that is fairer, different from the western so-called "democracy", are already being built. Trade union leaders also discussed their social issues, which is significant. As we see, the new world is gradually being built.
As for Russia itself, its actions in Syria, it entered its traditional geopolitics, the essence of which was best expressed by General Charles de Gaulle: “A Russian person cannot feel happy if injustice is happening somewhere”. And this is our task, the direction - the construction of a new fair world. Plus, we in Syria are saving Islamic civilization and helping Europe to survive.
- Today, Russia is entering the world stage. In your opinion, in what capacity is our country represented, what role does it have and what can it offer to the world?
“Civilizations in something may be similar, but embedding one into the other is impossible - the value identity of people is lost”
- Russia voluntarily left the world arena when Mr. Yeltsin in 1992 year proclaimed: "Our goal is to integrate into the western civilized community." He did not understand the world order, did not read the classics: Nikolai Danilevsky, Osvald Spengler. Samuel Phillips Huntington, in his work 1993 of the Year, “The Clash of Civilizations?” Showed that civilizations may be somewhat similar, but the incorporation of one into the other is impossible - the value identity of people is lost. We see that the Americans and the British made the Europeans different, put them on the standards of maritime civilization, imposed a matrix of their values: benefits, expansion, violence - and forced the Europeans, who still in the times of the Roman Empire sinned to work in the same direction. Please note: as soon as our country emerged as the leader of political resistance to the West, it became not subject to either Western capital or American political arrogance (when sanctions were imposed on us, and we accepted this fight), representatives of the 38 countries were at the parade on Red Square % of the population of the Earth, and in the 2010 year - only 7% are Americans, British, French and Poles. The question is: whose system of spiritual and moral values will fill the space of the future world?
- Yes, I just wanted to ask you this question. In one of the speeches you said that today there are clear leaders: economic - China, political - Russia, and who, in your opinion, is spiritual?
"Russia will hardly ever be an economic leader, but necessarily spiritual and political."
- When we talk about a new world - not about Western civilizations, then, of course, there must be a political, economic and moral leader. The clear economic leader, as I said, is China. No matter how they treat our GDP, corruption, etc., Russia has begun to perform the functions of a political leader. I remember the work of the German philosopher Walter Schubart “Europe and the Soul of the East”, where he writes about whether someone likes or not, but the future of the century belongs to the Slavs, the soul of the East is Russia. According to him, the West has given a lot to humanity, but deprived of its soul, and without the soul nothing will come out. We will not be able to return the soul to the West, but those Eurasian values, which are the sum of all our peoples, are universal and acceptable both for the Indian and the Chinese, and for the European (if they, of course, want to accept them). We are unlikely to ever be an economic leader, but a spiritual and political one.
- There is a fierce information war that is growing more and more every day; spiritual decomposition occurs, as a result of which human souls perish - they depart from the commandments of the Lord, but no one counts these sacrifices. Do you think there are many spiritually living people among us?
- I will say this: a lot and every day becomes more and more. Nevertheless, it is worth noting how well the transcontinental structures for the emasculation of our souls have worked and that they have emasculated. There was denial storiesthe correctness of our historical choice; souls corrupted, above all, the material and financial dimension. In 1990-s, it was especially possible to instill in us that the main thing is that the Mercedes should be cooler than its neighbor, the house is bigger, the chains around the neck are larger, etc. The first people rushed into this were not quite healthy mind, as a rule, not having in themselves the aspirations to something beautiful, high and spiritual. If a person cannot write a book, make a scientific discovery, draw a picture, and you want to look “cool”, then in this case money replaces the rest. Unfortunately, a significant part of the young people succumbed to this trick: in their opinion, to come to life means not spiritual and intellectual wealth, but a tight wallet. To this day, this trend exists.
But, nevertheless, even in such a university as MGIMO (and I have been working with students for many years), I note that the number of young people who see their life differently is growing day by day. If we compare the era of 1990-x with today's time, it becomes obvious that in those years even we could not stop joining the Crimea and entering Syria (such things were suppressed by the liberal media, the liberal so-called intelligentsia). Today, shouts of “we want in the USSR — to feed the whole world again” are single, society is sobering. With the Middle East ISIL we will understand, but there is still a struggle with the "internal ISIL", no less dangerous. First of all, these are people living in Russia and seeing in it not their Motherland, Fatherland, but the territory that can be taken away, robbed, fired, etc. This enemy is more dangerous than the Middle East igil.
- How to deal with it?
"The main thing is to persistently change the information background in the media and social networks"
- Complex methods. You see, you can only work against the system by the system, but this powerful system that has a lot of money. But culture is first of all done by artists, writers, poets, someone in science works in an ascetic manner. I have the conviction that the common people, devotees will drag out Russia. How to fight? We are preparing for lectures, we teach, we work individually with each student, and not by tracing paper and template. The same can be said about scientists, designers and cultural figures. And the main thing is to persistently change the information background in the media and social networks.
- What do you think about the life of America? What do people breathe there, is there an ideology? And if so, which one?
"The cost of a dollar bill is 15 – 17 cents, and everything else is not even hidden, but a clear profit"
- America as a strong state created a large financial, industrial, and then the oil business. The Soviet Union played an enormous role so that American citizens in the material sense lived no worse than our collective farmer, teacher, scientist. The Soviet geopolitical project was attractive. After World War II, everyone understood who defeated Hitler, there was a high respect for free education, medicine, etc. The Americans felt the most powerful competitor and therefore decided for a long time how to deal with blacks who were held as slaves even after World War II, how to deal with such a market condition “survive as you wish.” There were many decisions, including a credit policy - the robbery of other nations with the help of the dollar. The cost price of a dollar bill is 15 – 17 cents, and everything else is not even hidden, but a clear profit. Due to this, they began to raise the average level of their citizens in order to become more interesting, to oppose the idea of socialism.
Americans couldn’t honestly compete in science, education, medicine, and brought to the forefront (and then they began to impose) purely material measurements and ideology "we are Americans, the main ones in the world, therefore being an American is significant." I would not like to voice the words that Mikhail Zadornov usually applies to this people. They are not the most educated people on earth, and this is putting it mildly. I lectured at Harvard and I know that it’s better not to ask an American student at all. Representatives of Asian countries and even African ones are much more literate. When I was asked about the students, Zbigniew Brzezinski answered with anger that he hadn’t seen any more ungifted. The war in Iraq has been going on for five years now, and they cannot even find this country on the map, they even confuse Europe with Australia.
The authorities do it consciously: “take a Coca-Cola, a hamburger, so that the family does not die of hunger - that's enough,” therefore, the vast majority of citizens live for today. The elites of their states just throw me in the heat. Not the first, but the third, sixth persons, state journalists do not know who fought with whom in World War II, they can readily declare: "We, NATO, have won you." According to their logic, Russia fought with NATO. So envy the Americans absolutely nothing.
I'll tell you a little episode. During my visit to America, an acquaintance with a farmer was recorded in the program - I had to spend about a day with him. This farmer, as it turned out, fought in Vietnam. In his view, the USSR still exists. At the end of the conversation I was surprised again: I told about a friend with whom I fought, mentioning that he was from Russia. With a smile, he handed me a business card (in his understanding - my compatriot), and on it the address: Melbourne, Australia. Here is their idea.
And you involuntarily ask yourself a question: what will happen to this society if it stops living due to the colonization of others by the method of dollar, military force? Patrick Joseph Buchanan, who worked as an adviser to the three US presidents, writes that by 2015, America would fall apart into three states - African-American, Latin-American, and purely Anglo-Saxon. But let them not want anything, let them live as they know.
- Is it true that in the West, in other countries they do not like us?
- When we are told that they do not like us in the world, they are misleading. Far from it, believe me - I traveled with business trips from 69 countries. The father of the current Syrian President Hafez Asad very wisely said that the whole honest world regrets about the collapse of the USSR, especially the Arabs, and among them the Syrians most of all. They regret it because the world has ceased to be balanced, security has ceased to be built on the balance of power.
Geographical political map of Europe. 1870-s.
It is not true that they hate us. And if they are treated this way, then to individuals who come abroad, but there is no culture, no education, only money. So they violate order and tradition. Because of such people, an erroneous opinion begins to take shape. As for the Americans, they simply do not know us. They believe everything they broadcast on TV. As for the Europeans, they are dependent on Western banks and, unfortunately, have no goal. One of the modern classics said that they have the will to power, but they have no will to live. Same-sex marriages are starting to get married with animals - what can it say? The fact that their outlived, this is not a civilization, and God forbid that I was wrong. Politically and culturally, they were never united, they tried to create something close to civilization through the European Union. We can say today: they failed. Hundreds of thousands of refugees rushed there and tomorrow Europe will be smashed. And in a few years we will hear “Salyam Alaikum” instead of “Guten Tag” on European television. Afraid of this is not worth it. We lived with Islam inside the country, together we built a spiritual space. Napoleons and Hitlers came to us not from the Islamic world, but from Europe.
- Who, as they say, is our friend, and who is the enemy?
"For the West, in terms of cultural and civilization, we are enemies"
- It is necessary to enlarge the question a little - a geopolitical ally and geopolitical opponent. Even to my students, I ask the question when I read “The geopolitics of America”: what to do with the Americans? If America does not change, the world will not be balanced. There are civilizations with their own functions, and on a par with them anti-civilization, like particles and antiparticles, herbivores, beautiful animals and predators. It would seem that consumer life is not individually beneficial, but for the sake of profit they created such a miracle as a mobile phone. It turns out that in the cultural and civilizational plan we are enemies: they have unraveled the East, and we are trying to save.
In 1904, John Bartysh, speaking in Congress, said that if America has an enemy, then this is Russia. Alfred Mechen - Admiral, author of the Anaconda strategy - all the time was looking for a tactic of strangling the continent. When they figured out that Russia is the center of Eurasia, without control over which it is impossible to dream of world domination, our country became a rival, which is subject to control and further destruction. Mechen was looking for a strangulation formula for Russia. There is such a phrase in the Anaconda strategy: it is necessary to take a strip between 30 and 40 degrees of North latitude in order to squeeze the Russian people from these positions to the North, where, according to the law of nature, it will degrade and eventually die. Here are the wishes. And our fateful task is to stop all those who try to enter our land.
Temple of the Intercession on the Nerl. Photo: Edward Gordeev | egord.photosight.ru
- In your opinion, is Orthodoxy a reference point that will help us survive spiritually?
- Orthodoxy - these are great values. It is necessary to understand the essence of man, that on planet Earth he is not accidental, but was sent down with certain tasks, since nothing even in the animal and plant world just does not appear. Each entity is born because it is beneficial for maintaining harmony. So is the man. He is not descended from a monkey - this is just nonsense. He is endowed with a sense of love, an understanding of beauty, was introduced with a number of functions, one of which is the protection of nature. It is important to understand what comes first: matter or consciousness. I answer differently: the primary energy of the spirit, the energy of matter, the energy of thought, etc. It is necessary to combine scientific knowledge and spiritual in one system. Then we will understand much more than now.
- What should be the Orthodox media, in your opinion? What answers to give, how to respond to current events?
- First of all, Orthodox people should understand that they are called for goodness and justice and are endowed with values that help to resist injustice, to feel it, and in essence each of us is a warrior. Even in history it was manifested. When the Union of Florence in 1439, we did not agree with the role of the popes, we began to defend the Christian truth. Then Moscow - the Third Rome: the first geopolitical doctrine appears: to preserve Orthodoxy, to protect nations, in order to balance the Catholic world, which, alas, professes other values. As you understand, the Savior did not accidentally sacrifice Himself — we must protect this truth.
"We show the world that people of different nationalities and religions can live in the framework of a common historical destiny"
Here and the Orthodox media should strictly adhere to truths. And still it is necessary to understand that Orthodoxy in Russia played the unifying role of other religions and confessions. You will not find any other country in history where one religion dominates and another is invited as a state one: in the 1788 year, Great Catherine did just that. We show the world that people of different nationalities and religions can live in the framework of a common historical destiny, share with each other, enrich each other with knowledge, cultural traditions and way of life.
Honestly, the conversation turned out so informative and interesting that I wanted to ask another series of questions, and Leonid kindly agreed to the offer to become a regular guest of our portal.
With General Leonid Grigorievich Ivashov
talked Elena Homullo
November 19 2015 years
talked Elena Homullo
November 19 2015 years