1. Characteristic style (school, direction) in one sentence
- Applied hand-to-hand combat. Intended for solving service and combat tasks, as well as for civil self-defense.
2. Style motto (schools, directions)
- "I am always right"
3. The origins (beginning) of the direction (when and who founded)
- There was a team. According to my trainer (N.I. Kolotova), they created somewhere between the middle of 20x and the middle of 30x, in the pre-war period.
4. The ultimate goal of the class (the ideal to which the student is going), the physical and mental qualities that he must acquire
- In the sense of "physics", first of all, a person should be well coordinated, have good reaction and endurance. Functional strength training is very important, but strength alone does not play a decisive role. Although exceptions are found. In the sense of the psyche, there must be an attacking type of character, combining rigidity and flexibility, cunning. Have the initiative. If the initiative is not for you, it must be intercepted. And even if you lose, you have to put pressure. And not only in battle, always. Well, and observation in combination with a functional psychological reaction. All note and use in their favor. Understand when to press and when to cheat. When to work the first number, when the second. Again, not only in battle, but always and everywhere. This type of character is purposefully formed here.
5. Teaching methods
- Perhaps, I will say this - imitation with constant complication. At all stages of the training process there is an imitation of a real fight. Naturally, with varying degrees of difficulty. We have a certain group of basic movements, which are included in almost all techniques. The cadet first becomes acquainted with these basic movements. Then he improves them when mastering the techniques. Improvement of basic movements in turn leads to the improvement of basic techniques.
No technique is studied in isolation - always studied in various bundles. Everything goes against the background of complication. Because when complicating factors appear, a person loses his technique. We are constantly introducing these factors - in the form of introductory ones. For example, first you perform reception from a place, then you move, or the object moves, or both move, and so on. This is the simplest, there are more complex ways of complication. This leads to the fact that even in unfamiliar conditions, with a lack of time and psychological strain, the technique remains at a decent level.
And yet - the technique can not be studied in isolation from the tactics.
6. Used equipment (shock, wrestling, zalomnaya, etc.)
- All sorts of. Beats with different parts of the legs and arms (for example, a biceps stroke), head. Traumatic and suffocating grips not only in combat on the ground, that is, on the ground, but also in the rack. In the stand, they are practically unaware, but they are very effective. Traumatic seizure, not brought to injury - painful hold. Different degrees of impact - I want to, or rather, what is needed, I will do it: it is necessary - I will break it, there is no such need - I will suppress it with pain. Retention and escorting techniques. Throws are different from sports, but, in general, are similar. There are several throws with a detachment of the object from the ground and a coup, they look like old throws from free-style wrestling, now I have not seen them used. But, basically, these are not throws in their pure form, but various options for collapsing, followed by finishing moves. By the way, laying down is an old Sambo term. Moreover, the collapse is not due to physical strength or dexterity, but due to pain. If we are talking about self-defense or arrest by law enforcement officers, this is a “painful collapse,” without a goal to cause injury, if about hostilities, it is a “traumatic debilitation,” causing injury. We widely use bites, there is a special technique of this business.
Movements in our system consist of a lash and rigid construction. Hlest, conditionally speaking, is the sequential inclusion of the kinematic links of the bio-kinetic chain of the body and limbs, with emphasis on the last stage. At the same time it is necessary that only agonist muscles work at each moment, i.e. providing movement in the right direction, and antagonists, ensuring movement in the opposite direction and thus slowing down and weakening the main movement, were turned off. Moreover, agonists should work in synergy, that is, together with the muscles in the movement itself, not participating, but ensuring its effectiveness, for example, fixing some parts of the biokinematic chain, giving it an effective configuration, and so on. Without this, not only the movements are slowed down and weakened, but the direction of movement of different parts of the body may not coincide with the main, predetermined impulse, reduce it.
At the end of each movement, you need to create a rigid structure from your bio-kinematic chain so that there is no damping and amortization. To the spine basically worked in compression, not bending. To the joints that should be straightened, straightened to the end. And again, with the full use of agonists and disabling antagonists. Due to the rigid construction, we involve in the movement practically the entire body mass. If the structure is not rigid, then the body does not become monolithic, succumbs to the passive resistance of the target, some parts of the body continue to move after it has already been completed. In motion, all parts of the body must work to increase inertia. At the final moment, they should reach the peak and the body should be as rigid as possible. And then the created effort increases much.
7. Direction tactics
- Attack and counter attack. We have no defense or counterattack. Psychological setting first protection, and then a counterattack - a loss of time and pace. Our defense is always a counter attack. You must not be allowed to be hit first - it is not known who will beat you, if you can defend yourself, and after a missed first strike, you may no longer need self-defense skills. Therefore, one must be able to read the intentions of the enemy before the fight, during it - according to the peculiarities of speech, non-jerk, micromotoric of the face and body, direction and character of the gaze. There are many signs that indicate that the object will attack you, what movement it is preparing. And it is necessary to preempt him.
The easiest way to protect yourself is to break the distance. And the enemy will not get you. In principle, this is a passive defense, but it can help avoid a fight. In the fight, it is also used, the maneuver is called "rebound - swoop." The enemy rushed at me, I jumped back, he failed, and I immediately rush at him. It looks like a side step in boxing, but more effective.
8. The presence of training battles (sparring). In what form, according to what rules are held?
- It is the training fights we have. UTB differ from sparring in that each time each fighter gets his own task. For example, one gets the task to act first number. Another must seize the initiative and act first number himself. Or work only the second number. Also, the task is how to end the fight - neutralization of varying degrees of rigidity or retention. Before a fight, or even during a fight, one of the fighters may suddenly get a task to use some kind of weapon. Depending on the degree of preparation: the better prepared can get the task to act on 25% effort, less prepared - on 50%. This is more beneficial to someone who is weaker, as he gets more opportunities to act. Experienced guys work with intensity up to 95%. In this case, blows to the head are applied only with a soft hand. The helmet does not protect against our blows.
There may be introductory during the fight. For example, work only with your left hand. This is useful, because in the course of a real fight, you can hurt your hand, and then this skill is more than useful. By the way, I recommend to come to workouts despite minor injuries - learn to work without engaging your injured limb so that your elbow or ankle is not loaded.
Maybe the task is to stop the object and run away. Fight can begin in different conditions. For example, both fighters stand with their backs to each other. Or one is behind the other. Or both lie.
Fight is up to three strokes in a row in the knockout zone, mainly in the head, neck. Or it could be a traumatic or suffocating grip. The term "painful hold" we do not have.
And all this should be within the framework of a combat mission. The winner is who performed the combat mission. If I set the task for the fighter to carry out a gentle neutralization, and he firmly knocked down the enemy, and began kicking his head - he lost. Because the task is not completed.
Or there is a task to neutralize the enemy and run away, and he instead takes the object for escort, but he also did not complete the task. If there is a task to detain, and you instead beat him so that you cause injuries - you lost the fight.
This is mandatory for civil self-defense, because a person must understand what he is doing. To be able to measure the degree of exposure. Even now, somewhere in 60% of cases with self-defense, a person gets punished by a court. In Soviet times, the probability of entering the zone was about 100%. Therefore, you should learn to work within the legal field. At each training session I give mini-lectures on psychology and legal issues.
At the same time, it is necessary to "fudge" try to deceive the enemy by acting on his psyche in various ways. For example, in our fights, when hit by a traumatic painful grip, they do not clap their hands, but scream. The guys are specially learning this, as there is a chance that in a real situation, the enemy might somewhat relax the grip by surprise and you will be able to break free. And you yourself learn not to be led to screams, and the capture is not to weaken.
“Dummy” is a complex of techniques and means aimed at disorienting an object before a fight, during a fight.
9. Physical training (general and special) - including work with weights, free weights, your weight
- We have no general physical training. All physical training is strictly functional.
There are 3 complex exercises:
- Tempo-power complex without burdening
- Tempo-power complex with the burden (sandbag, which made the basic movement)
- Isometric complex
10. Work against the group
“Working against a group is basically a tactic.” I learn to work as standard against two and three opponents. Older and most talented guys can work against more.
11. Work against weapons / with weapons
- Of course have. We learn to work with a knife, a stick, an ax (sapper shovel), a machine gun and a pistol as cold steel, as well as an improvised weapon. And, accordingly, against all this.
12. Work on the ground (in the stalls)
- There is a tough job in the stalls, which is distinguished from the sports traumatic effect.
13. Work in non-standard conditions, from non-standard opponents (in water, in darkness, confined space, from a dog, etc.)
- For example, there is work in water and under water, there is a difference, in a limited space, there are features of work on a slope, on slippery ground, and so on. There is work against the dog, but I do not teach it - the animal dies after that, but the risk of serious bites is great.
14. Mental training
- We have mental and psychological training. Mental training is work on yourself. Psychological is the ability to influence another.
15. Other effects from occupations (improving, developing and etc.)
- There is. For example, I stopped participating in UTB only 7 years ago, and I’m 75 years. And further. Wife is younger than me on 22 of the year and is completely pleased with me. This is me to the fact that we have a special set of exercises aimed at increasing sexual opportunities. There are lectures and consultations on the technique and psychology of sex. The use of female "contingent" is a mandatory illegal skill. Well, the type of character that we form is pure development. At individual seminars, I introduce cadets to the peculiarities of relations in different spheres of life, depending on the type of contactee's character, and so on.
16. Unique features of the direction (style, school)
- Said above.
17. Application in life (a case of self-defense, when the student was able to protect himself with the help of this direction).
- There were many cases and I wrote them down before. It is more interesting when the weak could defeat the strong. For example, a guy somehow came to me, and his girlfriend came with him. Thin, low. She studied at the Surikov College. Somehow at recess she saw a man in the yard who was running away from a screaming girl. The girl screamed that he stole her bag. My student ran up to him and held a reception with exposure to the eyes. The thief fell, and he was detained.
The second case. I spent two weeks intensively one woman. Somewhere a year after that in the evening, going up to my car, I saw that some guy was trying to open it. According to her, above her half a head. She struck the robber two “rammers” (we have such a blow with our hands) on the head. Could not dump. He flew off, stunned, apparently, in Groggy. She immediately put her foot in his groin. He fell, she got into the car and drove away.
Usually missing a pair of kicks or hands. The man then lies down.
18. Are there written instructions for the Soviet system?
- My teacher N.I. Kolotov said that there were even kinograms, which could be viewed on the editing table. Perhaps, and now preserved. But for this you need access to departmental archives.
19. Do you have a student whom you can call your successor?
- There are successors, but nobody took the system in its full form. And I myself do not really want to give all non-professionals. The society has changed, its orientations and priorities have changed. Apparently, I'll take the complete system with me.