1. What is intuitive shooting?
- Intuitive shooting is shooting with confident and accurate aiming at a target without visual control. weapons. In this case, both the innate qualities of the shooter and the acquired skills of possession of weapons are involved.
(Why is it intuitive, not “reflective,” “instinctive,” or some other, more fully described in the article “Shooting at ... survival,” magazine “Weapon” No. XXUMX / 7.)
2. What is the "BIS system"?
- Intuitive Combat Shooting System - a training system for survival in the near fire contact with the use of firearms.
To a greater extent, the system is designed for short-barreled weapons (CS), as the most complex and diverse in control, but the principles of working with CS are easily transferred to long-barreled (DS) weapons.
In general, the BIS should be considered as part of a whole layer of martial arts that contribute to the survival in a combat situation.
3. Why “combat” and how is it different from “non-combat”?
- Because the ideology of the BIS system does not consider shooter skills as competitive training. Each student, if necessary, must complete the task in his place and by all means survive! It can be a bodyguard or an anti-terror fighter, or it can be a simple self-defender - each has his own level of tasks and his level of training (read: necessary skills and abilities). And it makes no difference how many points he “knocks out” on a paper target and what place he occupies in the rating. In a duel, it is not always necessary to get into the “foe” and not even always to shoot ... unlike sports.
- Because not only the “man-weapon” system is considered initially, i.e. shooter, but more importantly, the arrow-target system. Since it is the impact of the threat emanating from the “target”, it has a decisive importance on the reactions (including uncontrolled) and the effectiveness of the “arrow”, and accordingly on its survival and the fulfillment of the task.
- The BIS system initially takes into account and incorporates appropriate behavioral models that do not contradict at the deepest levels of the survival instinct and self-preservation to the natural behavior of a person in extreme situations. For example, no one in their right mind would stand under full-length bullets on straight legs, etc. It is impossible not to understand this in the educational process, but, unfortunately, it is found everywhere ...
- Because the training is built in such a way that even at the stage of practicing exercises without arms (special physical training), the shooter lays the ability not only to overcome harmful psycho-emotional reactions to danger, pain, fatigue, but also to use them for the best action in an emergency situation . This is achieved by special training of the compound of breathing and muscle tone when performing firing and other actions. Those. even on the physical level, a psychological effect is achieved - a “combat state”.
- Since this type of shooting is performed without visual control of the weapon, there are no problems with firing in poor visibility conditions (darkness, temporary visual impairment, etc.), even at the initial stages of training. Moreover, exercises in such conditions are widely used in basic training. Also, this feature of the IC allows you to easily switch to work with weapons with both hands, incl. and in different directions at the same time.
“Because psychologically, the balance of actions on survival and actual shooting is initially laid in preparation. The shooter does not act in the sports version “to shoot back faster”, but in the survival mode and the task, in which shooting is just one of the tools that contribute to the solution of the main task.
- In the tactical and fire plan, the shooter in the learning process gets a clear idea of the real distances of effective fire in a stressful situation, which allows you to act more rationally in a life-threatening situation.
- In a technical sense (after acquiring sustainable skills), the intuitive shooter is free to choose IP techniques and relies on his individual vision of the situation and confidence in his skills. His choice in this sense depends on the spatial and temporal characteristics - the distance and size of the target, the speed of movement of the target and / or the arrow, as well as the complexity of the conditions, the tactical situation and the task ...
3. The origins of the BIS system?
- The modern name "LSI system" is given exclusively to denote the system of knowledge and training described in the book "Instructions on combat intuitive shooting." Outlined outside the box - as taught by grandfathers, great-grandfathers, fathers and uncles - from teacher to student in conversations and admonitions. All this passed through years of wars and conflicts, and in this form came to us.
Despite the fact that we are talking about shooting, the BIS system is close to some of the Russian combat styles in the Republic of Belarus - in terms of technology and the general approach, which we have repeatedly read on Internet forums.
It cannot be said that the system belonged to a certain state structure - the system is always belonging to certain people - knowledge holders. And even the most detailed and most secret descriptions of knowledge will be dead without his followers.
Some similar elements and methods of preparation, and in some places the shooting itself can be seen in various Russian styles and among the Cossacks ...
I happened to get acquainted with the BIS system in the middle of 90-xx., My teacher, who taught at that moment in the training center for security guards, back in 70-xx. years of the last century ... He was a veteran of the special services.
4. The purpose of the training?
- First and foremost, of course, in order to increase the chances of survival, release the conscious resource of the shooter for a three-dimensional vision of the situation and decision-making, without being distracted by “an even front sight”, i.e. without “collapsing” the consciousness to a linear perception of space. This develops, firstly, freedom from the “front sight”, secondly, exercises — exercises with balloons are especially interesting — adult men like children ... and nothing comes at the beginning ...
Exercises on the BIS system
Making the arrow “remember” the ability to make high-precision movements given by nature, relying on the unconscious level of body control, which, according to scientists and practice confirms, is more accurate and much faster.
Since in a combat situation, shooting is only one of the elements of survival - not the only one and sometimes not the most important one, the BIS system pays serious attention to other elements. For example, methods of carrying weapons, pulling out a pistol, practicing the first shot, loading and reloading weapons, position and movement when shooting, etc. - are trained in a single complex ... with the instinct of self-preservation.
5. What indicators can be achieved - the desired ideal level?
- IP is not shooting at squares, silhouettes or at random. A trained shooter can show highly accurate shooting. We use the term “fairly accurate” shooting.
There is no limit to perfection, but ... This is not about magical oversensitivity, but only about the return of man to his natural abilities through physical training. To do this, you just need to put it in the conditions when there is nothing left but to use its natural abilities. And it is easy.
Since any healthy person can be taught this, it is better to use the concept of “average indicator” to assess the capabilities of the system as a whole. What can be considered an average level of training? First of all, one should proceed from the practically necessary skills for “sufficient accuracy”, therefore at the 5 distance of meters the arrows — the “intuitive” should confidently and quickly hit a target no larger than a fist. Why?
Put your fist on the large joints - elbows, shoulders, knees, the brush itself, and also on the neck, heart, forehead - the sizes are almost identical. At a distance of 10 meters by the angular value, this corresponds to a confident lesion of the head, thigh, and center of the chest. This is an average figure, but ... some arrows interrupt the rope from five meters. For IP, reliable, accurate, high-speed shooting at 10 meters is considered a good indicator. It should be said, 10 meters - from the spot and in motion, with significant interference ...
6. Features of training on the BIS system
- A feature of training on the BIS system is physical exercise with and without weapons. Special physical training includes strength, breathing, playing elements and exercises in the complex. Through these trainings, we come to the sensual experience of intuitive shooting - the feeling of “belly”, which is reinforced by a small, nastreom, 30-50 cartridges for training, unlike the man in the street. Indeed, it is not much, but ... On the basic course, any shooting exercises are performed during physical exertion, before the trembling in the arms and legs - the students are already wet through several minutes ... only this way you can squeeze out the actions at the "animal" level.
What is the feeling of "belly"? In some sources, the solar plexus is called the "center of intuition" or "abdominal brain." Both the ancient Indian and ancient Slavonic teachings about human energy centers give the chakra located in the solar plexus (“Manipura” and “Stomach”, respectively) to be of equal and equal importance. The energy of this center corresponds to the level of the body’s integral reaction to external stimuli, leading to the need to act synchronously. This is where the emotions and vitality of a person, his sensual and physical manifestation meet and interact.
We call it the “belly” feeling. “Having acquired” this feeling ... remembering it in its “animal” nature, it is impossible to forget it - it will always be with you, which gives you the ability to “work” with a weapon (and not only) without having the opportunity to train for a long time.
Another feature of the LSI system is the conscious work in time, and also on the physical level - without any “dances with tambourines”. This work includes three main areas.
Timeliness - where the main thing is not so much the speed of the element as the moment of its execution. For example: replacing the store quickly, but in front of the enemy, or not so quickly, but in advance in the shelter ...
The internal time factor is the most effective and rational coherence in the "man-weapon" system.
The external time factor - in the “switch-target” system - effective and rational work in cooperation with the goal (s) - synchronization, anticipation, avoidance - both at the physical and psychological levels ...
Work with time also operates with such concepts as “rhythm”, “end point” and the space-time characteristics of the target.
Rhythm is given by breathing. Breathing in a natural way corresponds to the speed of the actions performed, control over the rhythm of this breathing:
1. It does not break the rhythm of movement, i.e. break the movement itself.
2. Allows you to focus on the task, i.e. the psychological effect is manifested here too, because under stress breathing can get off and drive the fighter into vanity - into unproductive actions ...
Breathing control is performed in a natural way - you just need to remember to do it (breathe) in a stressful situation ... Some have to be taught this, for each breath may praise the Lord! That is Life itself ...
And the most "mysterious" feature of BIS is that few people know about the current and final goals of teaching IP, whence there is a misunderstanding of the essence of internal, apparently invisible processes, which determine the whole "unusualness" of training in the BIS system. Such concepts as “end point”, “rhythm”, special breath “gkhet”, “squeeze”, “pots” are impossible to see and, especially, to understand theoretically. It can only be passed through itself, i.e. get and fix the same "sensory experience", which was mentioned above.
Ghet is diaphragmatic breathing. In all martial arts, it is used to concentrate strength and energy. The same "kiai" from karate-to analogue of ghetya ... and for health it is useful to breathe to the bottom ... This is the "original" way of breathing that a child breathes at birth.
7. Limitations and opportunities arrow in BIS?
- Restrictions are primarily associated with the individual abilities of the student and the level of his training. But there are also average objective indicators, primarily in contact distances (CD).
It is no coincidence that for a pistol empirically, according to statistical data, the indicator CD in 0-7 meters is determined. Such a distance, on the one hand, is intuitively perceived by the shooter as “conditionally comfortable” for effective firing from the CS, and, on the other hand, it includes voluntary and involuntary reactions and forces us to actively seek a way out or resolution of the situation (distance gap, aggression). That is, in practice, the perception and actions are very similar to the real contact in martial arts - therefore, training methods can and should be used similar ...
You can talk about CD and statistics on the use of short-barreled weapons in near fire contacts - on the one hand, and about the impressive capabilities of modern shooters demonstrated at sports competitions - on the other ... And in order to distract from such discussions, you can shoot a few series of exercises with an assistant who will ... "with all the proletarian consciousness" beat you with a good and strong stick ... So, in an experimental way, anyone can come to the realization of their true "combat" potential in terms of goals and the distance to them in accordance with normal human capabilities and in the conditions of “approximate approximations” to the real ones is pain, fear ... Perhaps you will succeed in hitting targets no worse than in competitions. You may even be able to aim in such conditions. And maybe you will come to other, interesting and unexpected results for you ...
The speed of fire at the IS is limited only by the natural capabilities and speed abilities of the shooter himself, and it is quite within the average of the “two” 0,18-0,20 seconds. With a good "heap."
In fact, the CS can be applied “intuitively” on 10-15 meters (for DS 30-50м), but this is already a good level, and the shooter himself makes a decision depending on the task to be solved and the characteristics of the target.
With all this, we are not trying to oust or deny aimed fire (PS), but it will be more useful for health to shoot so in conditions that allow one to aim - the body will tell when ... if it has time.
8. Other effects from occupations (improving, developing and etc.). Unique features of the system.
- The system allows you to increase the level of training of a fighter of any power unit due to intensification, when skills are easily transferred from one motor base to the “hand-to-hand” with fire, power with movements and much more ... The psychological effect is also transferred to all related disciplines.
The BIS is easy to “lay down” on any melee tactic (individual or group) and, accordingly, can be used in any unit that works in close contact: bodyguards, operatives, antiterror ...
It has long been known that complex development has a multiple effect, therefore, in terms of physical training, combined work with breathing, coordination, distribution of attention and strength, gives a multiplicative effect, while preserving the resource and health of the learner.
Despite the “pistol” specialization, the knowledge and skills of the LSI system can comfortably be used in any other integral system of applied knowledge and skills for survival and become their integral part, since they themselves are a continuation of human nature, his nature. The BIS system does not break a person by himself, but uses the underlying mechanisms of the human brain and its abilities. Proof of this are the actions repeatedly demonstrated by the students, when, with the complication of shooting conditions, the results only improved in accuracy and speed, i.e. the “backup” mechanism worked, which had already been “awakened” by training.
9. Psychological effect of employment
- In the process of training and shooting, the student personally sees what the capabilities of a person (his and his colleagues) are in a stressful situation. This knowledge can be easily transferred to the enemy, quite objectively imagining what the average abilities of a person are - REAL, and not assumed, based on personal ambitions and fears of everyone. This, in turn, leads to a balanced assessment of the situation and gives confidence in the actions ...