Now the 13 th “tiger” air regiment (Fliegergeschwader 13) of the Swiss Air Force, consisting of two squadrons, is based here.
On the first day of the failed Axalp Airshow, we drove from Brienz to this air base, because, despite the fog and low clouds, trainings are still held.
Roads for "we are not local" overlap with five in the morning.
Well, as they overlap, two people are standing and they are slowing everyone down, wondering about the purpose of the trip - and basically everyone is being let through.
From Brienzwiler station walk 10 minutes to the butt.
5. As experts have told, morning flights here start around 8 in the morning, and day flights after an hour.
6. While there are no flights, the lane can be crossed!
You can see the tensioned brake grid (or how it is called correctly?)
7. Behind the strip is another cordon.
8. Some kind of hangars, and the planes themselves are parked in the mountains right in the caves.
9. At first they settled down at the barn, but then the owner of the barn came out and said that you are not afraid to scare animals, go where everyone goes - to the middle of the strip.
10. But here on the strip it seemed like a miracle and we realized that now something would start ...
11. I got up and got ready.
12. We ran back to the butt and really, soon a couple of planes appeared on the taxiing.
13. F-18, rain, fog, lights.
16. On the executive.
17. From the back one haze, you need to change the point of shooting.
18. Both flew about an hour.
19. And when the planes returned, we were already there, where we were sent.
20. We managed to remove the landing.
23. Lovers had already gathered behind the fence in the middle of the strip, who too, like us, were going to the airshow ...
24. We are satisfied as a result of flights at the air base.
28. Soon another took off, but in the other direction.
29. Leaves good traces in humid air.
30. Go ahead.
31. Another road crossing the runway.
32. Here is the F5 aircraft monument. By clicking the sign about him.
33. Behind F5 there is a restaurant with a terrace upstairs - here, perhaps, we are hanging.
35. Stone skewers - the work of the local tsereteli.
36. View from the terrace.
38. The barriers are open, people walk back and forth, with the shooting points determined ...
39. They stood, stood and decided to return to the restaurant.
40. It's warm and food.
A portion of salted meat, tasteless dumplings, chestnuts and some tasty cabbage; chicken soup with croutons; salad and two coffees = 29 francs (2 thousands of rubles).
We sat here for an hour and a half, waiting for the second part of the flight.
43. The "green whistle" was closing the barriers - very convenient. This meant that in minutes after 5-10 everything would start.
45. Logo with a tiger in the tower hit.
46. The people occupied all the high points.
47. And the cows are right there ...
54. To remove the landing, we went back to the end of the strip where we came from.
We saw the passage in pairs in the gray sky.
55. Landing on the background of rainy mountains.
56. A crowd of people just at that point in the middle ...
57. I think we have a better shooting point ...
58. A total of sixteen F18 live at the airbase.
59. From October to March nightly workouts are possible once a week, you need to track on the site.
60. The tasks of the 11 Squadron: support for the air police (similar to the traffic police), air defense maintenance and security of the Swiss airspace.
64. That is such a beauty.