Novosibirsk aviation plant them. Chkalova is one of the largest aircraft manufacturing enterprises in Russia, part of the Sukhoi company. In the early 90s, the plant began to develop a Su-34 fighter-bomber generation 4+. Since 2006, mass production of these machines began. As of October 2015, 73 units are in service with the Russian Air Force.
Currently, Su-34 aircraft take part in the fighting in Syria.
1. According to the NATO classification, the front bomber Su-34 received the code designation Fullback ("Defender"). The aircraft is intended primarily for the destruction of ground forces, air defense and enemy ships.
2. In terms of its combat capabilities, the Su-34 belongs to the generation of the 4 + aircraft. To compete in the closest air combat with the fighters most bombers are not capable. Impact more weight and less maneuverability. But this plane combines the speed and mobility of a fighter with the shock capabilities of a bomber.
3. Su-34 aggregate assembly shop.
4. Assembling the air intake ducts.
6. Quality control rivets.
7. On the stocks, dock three fragments of the future machine: the head part, the air intake and the tail part.
8. Total Su-34 contains 57 thousands of parts.
10. Installation of built-in cannon armament in caliber 30 mm and ammunition for 150 shots.
11. After checking the fuselage for leaks ("sprinkling"), the product enters the final assembly shop.
13. Preparation for riveting.
14. Last year, NAZ them. Chkalov released 18 machines, the plan for 2015 year is the same.
15. Installation of aircraft systems piping.
17. The riveting process of a single machine takes about 2,5 a month.
18. The average age of the basic composition of workers and specialists of the plant is 40 years.
19. When the fuselage is ready, the installers of systems and equipment proceed to the matter, in their hands the machine turns into a “living” organism, acquiring all the necessary systems.
21. NAZ them. Chkalov employs more than 7 thousand people, guarantees a salary of about 40 thousand rubles.
23. In addition to fulfilling the state defense order, from 2004, the company, together with Russian and foreign partners, is working on a project for the Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSj-100) - a Russian regional aircraft. The plant produces the nose and tail compartments of the fuselage, as well as horizontal and vertical tail.
24. Build horizontal tail stabilizer liner.
25. Despite the automation of many production processes, the profession of a ratchet-fitter and a fitter-fitter is still the most popular in the aircraft manufacturing industry.
26. After the aggregate assembly, the fuselage and tail compartments are sent to its final assembly in Komsomolsk-on-Amur (Khabarovsk Territory) branch of Sukhoi Civil Aircraft CJSC (KnAF).
27. Let's return to Su-34.
Before handing over the product to the customer, the aircraft factory performs tests that last about two months. Tests are conducted outside settlements at a distance of approximately 150-170 km from Novosibirsk.
28. For one test flight on the machine are tested 350 modes. The overall performance of the aircraft systems, engines, onboard and radar equipment is checked. Flight quality of the car is checked at extremely low and as high as possible in supersonic mode.
29. The 34 crew consists of two people - the navigator and the pilot. They sit on the sides of each other. The compact arrangement of the pilot's and navigator's seats allows the crew members to leave the work chair alternately and rest in the behind-the-cabin compartment, straightening to its full height.
Thanks to the oblate nose of the fuselage, the Su-34 was nicknamed “Duckling”.
30. The rear beam contains a rear-view radar and an auxiliary power unit (APU), which allows the engine to be started without an additional power source on the ground. The presence of the APU expands the number of home airfields and makes the work of the pilots more comfortable - no need to wait for the launch of the main engines to achieve the optimum temperature in the cockpit.
31. Multifunctional radar with a range of aerial targets up to 120 km allows tracking up to 10 objects and firing at 4 targets simultaneously.
32. The cabin is made in the form of a solid armored capsule using titanium armor (thickness up to 17 mm), and the aircraft's tank is also armored. In total, the plane almost a half tons of armor - which dramatically increases the "vitality" of the machine and the security of the crew.
33. On the Su-34 installed dual-circuit turbojet engines with an adjustable nozzle AL-31F. They allow the aircraft to pick up speed up to 1900 km / h. They are produced at the Ufa Engine-Building Production Association (UMPO) and Salyut Research and Production Center JSC
34. The maximum take-off weight of the aircraft reaches 45 tons, the range can exceed 2000 km. The bomber is equipped with a system for refueling in the air, which allows you to further increase the flight range.
35. The aircraft is able to rise to an altitude of up to 15 km and carry up to 8 tons of combat load — 12 air-to-air or air-to-air missiles, as well as unguided missiles and bombs.
36. For the first time, Su-34 was used in the course of the war in South Ossetia as a cover for the actions of strike aircraft, conducting electronic warfare against elements of Georgian air defense.
Now bombers made in Novosibirsk are taking part in the Russian military operation in Syria to attack the positions of ISIS militants.
37. The cost of one Su-34 - 1,5 billion rubles.
Under the current state armament program, the Air Force must receive the 124 of the aircraft by 2020 and completely replace the Su-24 with them.