At the Armament Exhibition Russia Arms Expo 2015 held in Nizhny Tagil, the Almaz-Antey Air Defense Concern presented about 50 samples of weapons and military equipment, including at its stand in the form of models and posters anti-aircraft missile systems C-400 Triumph, C-300PMU2 Favorit, C-300ВМ Antey-2500, Buk-M2, Tor-M2KM, Tor M2E, Tor-M2K, Osa-AKM1, missiles from the Caliber-PLE and Caliber-NKE integrated missile systems, as well as other products.
ZSU from the Tunguska-M1 anti-aircraft missile and gun complex and ZSU-23-4M4 Shilka-M4 anti-aircraft missile systems, which took part in the demonstration firing program, were demonstrated at an open exhibition. Also, on the route of the proving ground, within the framework of daily dynamic demonstrations of equipment, it demonstrated full-scale samples of the launcher-loading installation of the Buk-M2E anti-aircraft missile system and a combat vehicle on a caterpillar chassis from the Tor-M2E air defense system. In addition, at an open exhibition site, visitors to RAE 2015 could see the 9AZZ1MK Tor-M2K air defense combat vehicle, a fighter guidance point aviation "Horizon-E", interspecific radio direction finding meteorological complex "Smile-M", etc.
It should be noted that the exposition of the Air Defense Concern on the RAE-2015 caused an increased interest from both regular visitors and foreign delegations. A series of negotiations took place with foreign representatives interested in the procurement of Russian air defense equipment.
The stand of the Almaz-Antey Air Defense Concern on RAE-2015 was visited by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, Presidential Aide Andrei Belousov, a delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry headed by Deputy Minister Yuri Borisov, and other high-ranking officials.
1. Independent simulator of the commander and operator of the BM ZRK "Tor-M2E (K)" 9F678M and the ZRK "Tor-M2E" on the open exposure.
3. 9M82МE and 9М83МE anti-aircraft missiles from the Antey-2500 air defense missile system.
4. Stand Concern Air Defense "Almaz-Antey".
6. The General Director of the Concern "Almaz-Antey" Air Defense, Jan Novikov, reports to Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev on the progress in fulfilling the state defense order.
7. The Tor-MXNUME air defense system is the subject of special attention of the foreign military who arrived at the exhibition.
8. The Concern's exposition on the RAE-2015 caused an increased interest not only among foreign delegations, but also among ordinary visitors.
9. On the first day of the Russia Arms Expo 2015, Almaz-Antey’s exposition was visited by Deputy Defense Minister of Russia Yury Borisov.
10. Potential foreign buyers are interested in the tactical and technical characteristics of Russian anti-aircraft missile systems.
13. CSTO General Secretary Nikolai Bordyuzha at the stand of the Almaz-Antey Air Defense Concern.
14. On the track of the Air Defense Concern test site, as part of the daily dynamic demonstrations of equipment, it demonstrated a combat vehicle on a tracked chassis from the Tor-M2 air defense system.
PS Russia Arms Expo 2015 was actively covered not only in the media, but also in the blogosphere. True, it was not without annoying blunders. Thus, the popular blogger Ilya Varlamov suggested how to demonstrate weapons in order to successfully sell them. In his opinion, the basis of success is well-painted caterpillars. I do not want to offend Ilya, but, to put it mildly, this is not so.
It should be borne in mind that some of the weapons models presented at the RAE 2015 open exposition participated in demonstration shows at the test site - would they have to paint the tracks every day?
Varlamov was also outraged by the fence, which prevented the public from free access to samples of air defense equipment. However, such measures are absolutely justified, given that modern air defense systems are primarily electronics, anti-aircraft guided missiles, phased antenna arrays, and unlike tanksClimbing visitors using this technique is prohibited for obvious reasons.
Now about the plates with the performance characteristics in Russian, they say the exhibition is for potential buyers from 65 countries, and how do they know now whether they should buy these weapons or not? The fact is that those foreign countries that want to buy something, do it by no means guided by advertising signs, but through complex negotiations that sometimes take several years before a contract is signed. For potential foreign customers, technical presentations, live firing, and detailed explanations are given on all issues of interest.
However, in general, these individual flaws do not implore the commendable interest of Ilya Varlamov in Russian weapons and military equipment, the popularization of which in the blogosphere is important for our taxpayers to understand where the expenditures on national defense go.