Will there be a new war in the south-east of Ukraine? Who is behind the president of the United States? Why many of our officials can be called ideological agents of influence? These and other questions of the Academy of Sciences, as usual weighing each word, are answered by the director of RISS, retired lieutenant-general Leonid Reshetnikov.
Сoperniki on one field
- You had a serious "roof" - SVR. Why suddenly declassified?
- We really were a closed foreign intelligence institute specializing in the analysis of available information on foreign and neighboring countries. That is, the information that is needed not only intelligence, but also the structures that determine the country's foreign policy. Strangely enough, but in the presidential administration of Russia there were no such serious analytical centers. Although the "institutions" in which there is only the director, the secretary and the director's wife as an analyst, were full. The AP lacked serious specialists and had to share intelligence.
Today, our founder is the president of Russia, and all government assignments for research are signed by the head of the administration, Sergei Ivanov.
- How popular is your analyst? And then we are a paper country, everyone writes, they write, but is there an influence on the final result?
- Sometimes we see actions that resonate with our analytical notes. It sometimes amazes you to come up with certain ideas, and this becomes a trend in Russian public opinion. It can be seen, many directions just hover in the air.
- In the US, Stratfor think tank and the RAND Corporation’s strategic research center are doing something similar. Which of you is “cooler”?
“When we, after moving to the Administration in April, 2009, made the new statute of the Institute, we were told that we should take an example from them. I then thought: “If you finance us, as they are financed by Stratfor or RAND Corporation, then we will shut up all these foreign analytical companies by the belt”. After all, Russian analysts are the strongest in the world. Especially regional specialists, who have more "fresh", non-clogged brains. I can talk about it with confidence, after all, 33, the year of analytical work, first in the First Main Directorate of the KGB of the USSR, and then in the Foreign Intelligence Service.
NGO, NGO - where have you taken us
- As you know, RAND Corporation developed for Ukraine an ATO plan in the south-east of the country. Did your institute give information on Ukraine, in particular on Crimea?
- Of course. In principle, in Ukraine, only two institutions worked: RISI and the Institute of the CIS countries Konstantin Zatulin. From the very beginning of our activity, we wrote analytical notes on the growth of anti-Russian sentiment in mainland Ukraine and the strengthening of pro-Russian in the Crimea. Analyzed the activities of the Ukrainian authorities. But they gave not alarmist information - everything was lost, but rather increased attention to the growing problem.
They proposed to significantly strengthen the work of pro-Russian non-governmental organizations (NGOs), to strengthen the pressure of the policy of "soft power", as they say now.
- With an ambassador like Zurabov, no enemies are needed!
- The work of any embassy and ambassador is constrained by many restrictions. Step to the left, step to the right - scandal. Plus, the country is in total trouble with professional staff. And not only in the diplomatic field. Somehow we were exhausted - there were very few strong people left with a core in the civil service.
The role of NGOs is difficult to overestimate. A vivid example is the color revolutions, which are heated by foreign, primarily American, non-governmental organizations. So it was in Ukraine. Unfortunately, the creation and support of such organizations, which would have acted in our interests, did not actually receive any attention. And if they worked, they would replace ten embassies and ten even very smart ambassadors. Now the situation began to change after the direct instructions of the president. God forbid that subordinates do not zamylili this development.
Leonid Petrovich Reshetnikov. Born on February 6, 1947 in Potsdam (GDR) in the family of a military man. Graduated historical Faculty of Kharkov State University and postgraduate study at Sofia University (Bulgaria).
From 1974 to 1976, he worked at the Institute of Economics of the World Socialist System of the USSR Academy of Sciences. From April 1976 to April 2009 - in the analytical divisions of foreign intelligence. The last position is the Head of the Information and Analytical Department of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Russia, a member of the Foreign Intelligence Board, Lieutenant General. In April, 2009 was transferred to the reserve due to reaching the age limit for military service. Included in the Scientific Council under the Security Council of the Russian Federation.
Speaks Serbian and Bulgarian languages (fluently), can be explained in Greek. He has state awards (Order of Courage, Order of Honor), awards of the Russian Orthodox Church (Order of Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, Order of Holy Prince Dmitry Donskoy), as well as medals and insignia.
If tomorrow is war, if tomorrow is a campaign
- How, in your opinion, will events develop in New Russia in spring and summer? Will there be a new military campaign?
- Alas, the probability is very high. A year ago, the idea of federalizing Ukraine worked. But now Kiev needs only war. Only a unitary state. For several reasons. Home - at the head of the country stood ideologically anti-Russian people who are not just subordinate to Washington, but literally consist in the maintenance of the forces that are hiding behind the US government.
- And what does this notorious “world government” need?
“It’s easier to say that they don’t need: a federal Ukraine is not needed, it will be a poorly controlled territory.” It is impossible to place its military bases, the new echelon of missile defense. And there are such plans. From Lugansk or Kharkov, cruise tactical missiles reach the Trans-Urals, where our main nuclear deterrent forces are located. And with a 100% chance, they will be able to hit mine and mobile-based ballistic missiles on the take-off trajectory. Now this area is not accessible to them from Poland, nor from Turkey, nor from Southeast Asia. Here is the main goal. Therefore, for the Donbass the United States will fight to the last Ukrainian.
- That is, the matter is not in shale gas deposits that have been found on this territory?
- The main strategic task is unitary Ukraine under their complete control to fight Russia. Shale gas or arable land is just a nice bonus. Accompanying winnings. Plus, a serious blow to our defense industry due to the rupture of the ties of the defense industry complex of Ukraine and Russia. This has already been done.
- We were beaten: “Yanukovych's“ son of a bitch ”had to be evacuated with the help of special forces, and Washington put his“ bitch children ”?
- From a military-strategic point of view, of course, they beat. Russia has “compensation” - Crimea. There is a “compensation” - the resistance of residents of the south-east of Ukraine. But the enemy has already received a huge territory, which was part of the Soviet Union and the Russian Empire.
- What will we see in Ukraine this year?
- The process of half-life or even complete decay. Many have just subsided in the face of this Nazism. But people who understand that Ukraine and Russia are tightly connected have not yet spoken. Neither in Odessa, nor in Kharkov, nor in Zaporizhia, nor in Chernihiv. Silence is not forever. And the boiler lid will inevitably tear.
- And what will be the relationship between Novorossia and the rest of Ukraine?
- There is an unlikely scenario for Transnistria. But I do not believe in him - the territory of the DNR and the LC is much larger, millions of people have already been drawn into this war. For now, Russia can still persuade the militia leaders for a temporary respite and truce. But precisely on the "temporary". Neither of which the entry of Novorossia into Ukraine is out of the question. The people of the south-east do not want to be Ukrainians.
“If our country has fallen into global isolation due to the annexation of the Crimea, then why not go all-in to the south-east?” How much can you hypocrite?
- All-in, in my opinion, to go early. We underestimate the awareness of our president, who knows that in Europe there are some processes that are closed from prying eyes. They give hope that for the time being we can defend our interests by other methods and means.
Front without front line
- In the information flow connected with Ukraine, we forget about the explosive growth of religious extremism in Central Asia ...
- This is an extremely dangerous trend for our country. Very difficult situation in Tajikistan. Unstable situation in Kyrgyzstan. But the direction of the first strike can be Turkmenistan, as they wrote "AN". We somehow forget about him a little because of the fact that Ashgabat is keeping aloof. But this "mansion" may collapse first. Do they have enough strength to fight off themselves? Or we will have to intervene in a country that keeps a sufficiently distant distance from us. So the direction is hard.
And not only in connection with the penetration of militants of the “Islamic State” into the region. According to the latest data, the United States and NATO are not going to leave Afghanistan, but maintain their bases there. From a military point of view, the five or ten thousand soldiers who remain can be deployed into a 50 – 100-thousandth unit within a month.
This is part of a general plan of encirclement and pressure on Russia, which is carried out by the hands of the United States in order to overthrow President Vladimir Putin and split the country. The average man in the street can, of course, not believe this, but people who have a large amount of information know this very well.
- What are the boundaries of the split?
- In the beginning, it is planned to simply break away what is “lying badly”. Anyway, what will break away: Kaliningrad, the North Caucasus or the Far East. This will be a detonator process that can go on increasing. This idea is not propaganda, but real. Such pressure from the west (Ukraine) and the south (Central Asia) will only increase. They are trying to infiltrate through the western gate, but they are also trying to reach the south.
- Where is the most dangerous strategic direction for us?
- South direction is very dangerous. But there are still buffer states - the former Central Asian Soviet republics. And in the west the war is already on the border. In fact, in our territory.
Now there is not a massacre of Ukrainians and Russians, but the war of world systems. Some people think that they are “tse Europe”, and others - Russia. After all, our country is not just a territory, it is a separate huge civilization that has brought its world view to the world. First of all, of course, the Russian Empire as an example of Eastern Orthodox civilization. The Bolsheviks destroyed it, but gave out “to the top” a new civilizational idea. Now come close to the third. And over the course of the 5 – 6 years we will see it.
- What will it be?
- I think it will be a good symbiosis of the previous ones. And our "sworn colleagues" are well aware of this. Therefore, the attack began from all sides.
- So, the joint Russian-American fight against terrorism, in particular, against ISIS is a fiction?
- Of course. America creates terrorists, feeds them, trains them, and then commands the whole pack: "fas". Maybe one "mad dog" from this pack will help to shoot, but the rest will be set on more active.
Satan reigns there
- Leonid Petrovich, you think that the United States and the American presidents are just a tool. Who then builds the policy?
“There are communities of some people who are practically unknown to society, who do not simply put up American presidents, but determine the rules for the whole Big Game.” This, in particular, transnational financial corporations. But not only they.
Now there is a reformatting of the financial and economic system of the world. There is an attempt to rethink the whole structure of capitalism, without abandoning it. Sharply changing foreign policy. The United States suddenly abandoned Israel, its main ally in the Middle East, in order to improve relations with Iran. Why is Tehran now more necessary and more important than Tel Aviv? Because he enters the belt surrounding Russia. These secret forces set the task of eliminating our country as a serious player on the world stage. After all, Russia is carrying a civilizational alternative to the entire united West.
Moreover, the world is experiencing an explosive growth of anti-American sentiment. Hungary, where the conservative right-wing forces are in power, and the leftists of Greece — the diametrically opposed forces — actually united and “bucked” against the dictates of the United States on the Old Continent. There is someone to “buck” in Italy, Austria, France and so on. If Russia survives now, then processes will go in Europe that are disadvantageous to forces claiming world domination. And they understand that perfectly.
- Some European leaders are already crying that the United States has literally imposed sanctions on them. Can Europe escape from the "friendly" American hugs?
- Never. America firmly holds it on several circuits: the Fed printing press, the threat of color revolutions and the physical elimination of unwanted politicians.
- What about the physical elimination of the stick do not bend?
- Not at all. The Central Intelligence Agency of the United States is not even intelligence-minded by the level of its tasks. PGU KGB or SVR RF - classical intelligence: collecting information and a report to the leadership of the country. In the CIA, these traditional signs of intelligence are at the end of the task list. The main ones are the elimination, including the physical, of political figures and the organization of coups. And they do it in real time.
After the death of the submarine Kursk from Romania, the director of the CIA, George Tenet, flew to us. I was assigned to meet him at the airport. Tenet did not leave the plane for a long time, but the ramp was open, and we managed to glance inside its Hercules. It was a flying command center, an operational computer center, completely packed with equipment and communication systems, which can monitor and simulate the situation around the world. The accompanying delegation is twenty people. We flew and fly normal flights as part of 2 – 5 people. As they say, feel the difference.
- Speaking of intelligence. They again began to talk about the idea of restoring a single Russian intelligence service by combining the SVR and the FSB. Your attitude?
- Extremely negative. If we combine two special services - foreign intelligence and counterintelligence, then we create one from two sources of information for the country's top leadership. Then the person who sits on this “spring of information” becomes a monopolist. And she can manipulate for the sake of achieving some goal. In the KGB of the USSR such manipulations with information were noticeable even to Captain Reshetnikov. For a president, a king, or a prime minister — whatever you call the highest official — it is advantageous to have several independent intelligence sources. Otherwise, he becomes a hostage to a particular head of the structure or the structure itself. It is very dangerous.
The authors of such an idea think that we are growing stronger by unification, and we create threats to ourselves.
Where is the landing?
- Let's move from the global conspiracy "to our sheep". How to distinguish the official who does not know what he is doing, from the agent of influence who creates consciously?
- There are not so many real agents of influence of a serious level in the world as is commonly believed. The adoption or rejection of serious strategic decisions not in the interests of their country is mainly initiated, let's say, by ideological agents. These are our officials who are in the national high-ranking chair, but they are in the West in their soul. They do not need to be recruited or ordered. For these people, everything that is done “there” is the highest achievements of civilization. And the fact that there is - "unwashed Russia." They do not associate with the country the future of their children, who are sent to study abroad. And this is a more serious indicator than accounts in Western banks. Such "comrades" from the heart do not like Russia, whose "development" they lead.
- How you accurately painted a portrait of some of our ministers. How are we going to go with them 2015 year?
- The year, with or without them, will be difficult. Most likely, the next one will not be easier. But then a confident march of new Russia will begin.