Famous Kazakhstani journalist, blogger and amateur shares his impressions of new military equipment aviation Grigory Bedenko.
Su-30 SM, Russian double multipurpose all-weather fighter generation 4 ++. According to the NATO classification, Flanker-C (literal translation “kick from the flank”). Designed to gain air superiority. This is the world's first production aircraft with super-maneuverability.
These aircraft are produced by Irkut Corporation, which is part of the United Aircraft Building Corporation of the Russian Federation (UAC). The aircraft factory is located in Irkutsk, from there it was also used to drive military vehicles to Kazakhstan.
In total, the 12 modifications of the Su-30 were created, and the very well-shown Su-27 UB was used as a prototype. To date, in various versions of the Su-30, except for Russia, and now –Kazakhstan, is in service with the 6 Air Force of the countries of the world: Angola, Algeria, Venezuela, Vietnam, India, Indonesia.
The airplanes that entered Kazakhstan are an improved version of the Su-30 MK aircraft, which are currently being delivered to India, as well as to the Malaysian and Algerian air forces. However, Su-30 SM fighters differ significantly from this export version, as they are supplied to the Air Force and the Russian Navy. Thus, our country has received combat vehicles of the highest class, precisely those that today make up the strike power of the Russian air force. And today, apart from Russia and Kazakhstan, there are no such aircraft anywhere else.
The contract for the supply of four Su-30 CMs to Kazakhstan was concluded last year at the international exhibition of weapons and military equipment KADEX-2014. The cost of one side is $ 50 million. However, in Kazakhstan they were sold at a substantial discount, and in addition, out of turn. These planes were supposed to enter the Russian Air Force in 2015, but more on that later.
At the beginning of the year a group of pilots and technical specialists of the Guards aviation base located in Taldykorgan was sent to Irkutsk. They underwent a complete retraining on new cars. In addition, the contract with the corporation "Irkut" involves the practical training of our pilots, after the arrival of the aircraft in Taldykorgan, where they will be permanently based. Also, the corporation will carry out full technical supervision of the condition of the aircraft, carry out maintenance, supply spare parts, etc.
The process of moving the aircraft from the aircraft factory to the base began on April 9, and ended on 17, when the 4 board arrived at Taldykorgan. On the same day, a solemn ceremony was held, and for the first time the aircraft were shown to the representatives of Kazakhstani media.
And now there are some videos taken by our colleagues from the Kazakhstan-based Media-Marketing agency. The first video shot with the help of a drone. The second shows the piloting of the Russian test pilot at the Su-30 CM.
The ceremony started very nicely. About half an hour before the 4-fighter approaches the aerodrome, two others flew towards him. They met in the air and then passed over the air base at an altitude of 200 meters. Then one of the airplanes separated from the group, and the pilot controlling them showed absolutely fantastic aerobatics at low altitude.
Su-30 SM solves the tasks of destroying air targets (gaining air superiority, covering troops and infrastructure from air strikes, escorting), and is also capable of “working” on ground targets (isolation of a combat area, destruction of troops and rear facilities adversary). The third task of the fighter - the destruction of surface objects (enemy ships).
Su-30 CM can perform the tasks of countering electronic warfare systems and conduct long-range detection, as well as carry out operational management of a group of aircraft performing a joint task. Thus, the Su-30 SM combines in itself the functions of two types of combat vehicles in service with the SVO of the RK. This is Su-27 UBM 2 and MiG-31. Only the element base on the Su-30 CM is the most modern.
Another interesting feature of the Su-30 CM is the ability to learn. The fighter can be used for combat training of promising aviation pilots.
Su-30 CM is equipped with a wide range of weapons and a modern complex of onboard electronic equipment. A fighter is capable of hitting air targets (including objects with low radar visibility) in close combat, and conduct pre-emptive battles at long distances. Combat load Su-30 CM total weight 8000 kg. placed on 12 suspension nodes.
Now the responsibility for new fighters will be directly borne by the commander of the Taldykorgan air base, Lieutenant Colonel Zhanibek Zhumashev. But at the same time it is a great honor for a military pilot.
The personnel of the air base at the ceremonial building on the occasion of the arrival of a new aircraft. Most of these officers represent the Leopard of Semirechie military units in service of which are modified X-NUMX BM-27 and U-2 BM-27 modified Su-2.
The management of the Irkut Corporation, representatives of the city administration of Taldykorgan and a large team of journalists were invited to the solemn ceremony.
We were given the opportunity to communicate directly with people who work with the new aircraft equipment.
Nurlan Ormanbetov, Major General, Commander-in-Chief of the Air Defense Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
“Today we are present at a big historical event for modern Kazakhstan, in particular, for the air forces of Kazakhstan. This is the first stage of the beginning of the re-equipment of the Air Force. It should be noted that the constant care of our Supreme Commander and the constant interest in military aviation allowed us to begin rearmament and receive new combat equipment. We've got combat equipment since the times of the Soviet Union, it went through a major overhaul and modernization. And today its resource is coming to an end, therefore a new stage of re-equipment began, and we started it with the most modern, so-called “generation 4 ++” of Russian-made Su-30 SM aircraft, which are produced at the plant in Irkutsk. Thanks to the cooperation and military-technical cooperation with the Russian Federation, we quickly acquired these planes, which will soon participate in the air parade in Astana, where our pilots, who are already trained and retrained for this technique, will demonstrate these planes. “
- Nurlan Sekenovich, the rearmament of our Air Force is now undergoing quite actively. What aviation assets will come in the near future?
- We have army aircraft, the so-called helicopters, are already being acquired. These are the new Eurocopter EC 145 helicopters. Today, we have 8 units. New Russian Mi-171 Sh. Helicopters will also be acquired. And in the future the grouping of army aviation will be increased. This is what concerns military transport aviation. With 2005, the overhaul of the old sides is underway, and now we are acquiring Airbus Military's C-295 military transport planes, and we will continue to expand the military transport grouping as well. Well, and as for the front-line aviation, the so-called - combat aircraft, these are the first signs of the Su-30 SM here. In the future, we will also increase their number, and we plan to begin purchasing Yak-130 combat training aircraft in Russia. Purchase now comes from the budget of the Ministry of Defense. The question of further funding will be decided by the government.
- Why was chosen exactly Su-30 CM?
- At present, we have an agreement with the Russian Federation on a single air defense system. We are coming to unify the entire weapons system, both of the air defense and aviation component. And this plane - Su-30 SM, it is now only adopted by the Russian Federation, and therefore it is considered one of the best-in-class fighter aircraft. Multifunctional, which can use its weapons, both on air targets and on ground targets. It uses high precision weapon.
The latest military transport aircraft CASA C-295, Airbus Military Corporation. Now we have such aircraft 4, in the future they will be 8. By the way, this board was brought from Astana by a group of journalists from 18 people.
Near Su-30, the SM looks almost like an alien ship.
From its prototype Su-27 UB it differs quite significantly. The first and most important difference is the front horizontal plumage. It is automatically rejected by the onboard computer commands. As a result, such autonomous mini-wings provide stable flight at high angles of attack. Those. thanks to them, the fighter can fly at very low speeds for such aircraft. This ensures super-maneuverability.
Another very interesting feature of the Su-30 CM is that it can be refueled in the air. Moreover, exactly the same Su-30 SM can work as a tanker plane. Thus, the fighter is able to perform combat missions at a very large distance from the base.
But, of course, the main technological feature that puts the fighter head and shoulders above all its counterparts is the controlled thrust vector. Those. rotary nozzles can rotate autonomously, deflecting the jet stream 15 degrees. Depending on the upcoming maneuver, the nozzles may deviate synchronously with the horizontal tail, or separately from it. Thanks to this, the Su-30 CM is capable of performing such maneuvers that are generally impossible to implement on other aircraft.
The power plant of the fighter consists of two turbojet engines AL-31FP with afterburner chambers. The total thrust on the afterburner 25000 kgf ensures horizontal flight of the 2 M (two-fold speeding out of sound).
Technicians of the air base are placed in a special container brake parachutes of the aircraft.
Parachutes two. They are tightly packed and thrown away when landing on an aerodrome strip in order to quench the speed of the fighter. Reverse thrust he does not.
The expansion of the combat capabilities of the aircraft also contributes to the double layout, which allows for rational distribution of the workload among the crew members.
Interview with Sergey Tretyak, vice-president of the corporation “Irkut” on the state defense order and flight work.
- Sergey Dmitrievich, there is information in the network that these 4 sides were sold to Kazakhstan below their cost, and in addition, they were removed from planned deliveries to the Russian Air Force.
- I can say both versions have a true basis. The Russian Ministry of Defense went to meet, and 4’s 2015 plan machines were shifted to 2016, so that 4 machines could be delivered to the Republic of Kazakhstan. Second question. As part of the CSTO, weapons and military equipment are sold at prices that apply to the armed forces of the Russian Federation.
- How much do new Kazakhstani fighters differ from what your corporation supplies to other countries?
- Su-30 SM is a Russified version of the Su-30 MKI aircraft, which today India is purchasing in large quantities, more than 250 machines. Part already purchased, part will be produced. The armed forces of Algeria and Malaysia are purchasing various versions of this Su-30 MKI aircraft. For the Russian armed forces, a Russified version of this aircraft was developed, which was called the Su-30 SM. In addition to being on the export versions of this aircraft, a number of additional systems were installed on the Su-30 CM, which improve its combat performance and flight performance. And in this form it is proposed to the Republic of Kazakhstan, i.e. in terms of its technical composition and equipment, it is fully consistent with the aircraft that are currently in the Air Force of the Russian Federation.
- And how reliable is the Su-30 CM?
- Serviceability for the entire operation time below 80% did not fall. There were accidents in India, but there is a human factor. Thanks God, the pilots are very experienced and responsible. In addition, similar aircraft are supplied not only to the front-line aviation of Russia, but also for our naval fleet. And there, too, they showed themselves quite well in terms of reliability.
Compared to its predecessors, a number of new generation systems are included in the Su-30 CM avionics complex. This is an integrated radar sighting system. It is able to detect and accompany up to 15 targets, as well as simultaneously attack up to 4s of them.
Another newest system is an integrated optical-electronic sighting and navigation system with a laser inertial navigation system.
The aircraft also installed: a system of helmet-mounted target designation, an indication on the windshield, as well as multifunctional liquid crystal color indicators with the possibility of image mixing.
The Su-30 CM satellite navigation system is compatible with GLONASS and NAVSTAR systems.
In Taldykorgan from Irkutsk, the aircraft was overtaken by a group of Russian test pilots.
The group is led by Hero of the Russian Federation Vyacheslav Yuryevich Averyanov.
In world aviation this is truly a legendary person. It was Averyanov who first lifted into the air and put all the modifications on the wing of the Su-30. He is considered a pioneer in the development of supermaneuvers on this plane, i.e. such aerobatics, which no one has ever done before. The picture shows Vyacheslav Yuryevich with his Kazakh counterpart, Colonel Kairat Baymakhanov, the head of the flight security service of NWO.
And Vyacheslav Averyanov founder of the dynasty of test pilots. His son Eugene followed in the footsteps of his father.
Vyacheslav Averyanov, test pilot of the Irkut Corporation, Hero of the Russian Federation
- Vyacheslav Yuryevich, what are the successes of Kazakhstani pilots with new cars?
- We jointly pilot these planes from the time when the first board arrived here. During this time, we had the 4 pilot of the Kazakhstan Air Force fly out independently on serious types of aerobatics, and hooked up another one. This is a great car, made according to the standard, both for our Air Force and for the Air Force of Kazakhstan.
- And what is necessary for our pilots to fully reveal all the capabilities of the Su-30 CM?
- If you talk professionally, you need a lot of things. But, most importantly, we began the process, and they at least familiarized themselves with these figures, some of the figures are being executed. Suppose, not on the ground, but somewhere in the air. Of course, it is very interesting, like any pilot, like any boy. I think they really liked it. And in order to do the same about, you need to work on yourself, learn the materiel, train for a long time. Long because it is associated with both safety and quality.
- It is believed that the Su-27 UB has a NATO counterpart, the American heavy fighter F-15 Eagle, which is manufactured by McDonnell Douglas. And what can you say about the Su-30 CM?
- F-15 and next to not standing with this plane. F-15 - far away old plane. And Su-30 CM may look like Su-27UB, but it is very modern. It was made on the basis of the aircraft that were delivered to India, but certain improvements were made for the air forces of Russia. And the same aircraft delivered here in Kazakhstan.
- It turns out that Su-30 SM is unique in its segment?
- I just can not imagine which of the planes in service with NATO countries is capable of. When we raised the first models of the Su-30, we started spinning supermaneuvers on them within a month. And after a year, the Americans began to do the same for 3, but each time they refueled to come to the same mass-centering. We did in the whole range with full fueling, to the minimum.
- And what are the names of these new complicated aerobatic figures?
- These figures still do not even have a name. In general, it is like a classic of piloting, which has been known since the time of the first airplanes, but only developed and complicated by several orders of magnitude. For example, the figure “controlled flat corkscrew”. For the first time, something similar was done by Peter Nesterov in 1912. The corkscrew was always associated with the uncontrolled crash of the aircraft. And we learned how to fall so that we completely control the car. Or, for example, “pass at minimum speed” with a full stop of the aircraft in the air. This was done by pilots at the beginning of the 20 century. There was such an airplane, a heavy bomber Farman F.60 Goliath. So, he could during a combat departure to slow down to speeds 50-80 km / h. We, too, can now fly at such speeds, but we are talking about an 21-century hypersonic fighter.
- It seems that the laws of aerodynamics for the Su-30 CM somehow work differently.
“You know, you're right about something.” Because, in fact, if you do not use that modern control system integrated with thrust vector control, then you can probably talk about aerodynamics. But here everything is as it were mixed up. Somewhere there is aerodynamics, somewhere it really is not.
To service the new aircraft at the Taldykorgan air base, new ground equipment was purchased. In particular, tankers.
And a few more curious details on the Su-30 CM. The aircraft has the ability to automated flight at various altitudes, including low-altitude flight, as well as for individual or group combat use against aerial, ground and surface targets. The complex of automatic control associated with the navigation system provides flight en route, approach to the target, return to the aerodrome and landing approach in automatic mode.
The main characteristics of the Su-30 CM:
Length: - 21,9 m.
Wingspan: - 14,7 m.
Height: - 6,4 m.
Maximum take-off weight - 34 000 kg.
Fuel capacity: - 9400 kg.
running start: - 550 m.
mileage with a drag parachute - 750 m.
Maximum speed at the ground: 1350 km / h
Maximum speed at height: - 2 M
Practical ceiling: - 17 300 m.
overload - 9
And yet, the Su-30 SM will be the highlight of the program at a military parade dedicated to the 70 anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, which will be held in Astana on 7 May 2015.