Nikita Mikhalkov is sure that his new picture “Sunstroke”, which will be released in the world hire on October 9, will not be shown in Ukraine. The director believes that his position on the conflict in the south-east makes him persona non grata.
“The politicization of society and reckless control that turns into genocide, both artistic and human, will not allow them to show this picture to them,” says the director. “But its Ukrainian viewers need not just watch!” Watch it as an antibiotic! She tells what happened to them. She warns us what can happen if we do not think! This message is very important, especially for me personally. If he is understood, I will be happy, the Russian director said.
Would you like to challenge this in court?
- I could go to court if my painting was stolen from me, and so - this is a voluntary matter. We offer to buy a picture, and they say - "No, we will not buy it." Well, it is not necessary! Why is there a court? If they secretly roll it without receiving permission from us, there will be a court.
Have you gotten worse relations with your Ukrainian colleagues because of the political situation?
- The fact is that the eclipse has touched everyone. You understand that restaurants still work in Kiev, people gather there. Life goes on - this is the worst thing. You understand that it is scary when our human rights activists hold the Peace March against the war in Ukraine, although they were silent all the time when they killed the Golden Eagle and burned people in Odessa. They were silent when there were “Colorado” and fried bugs. They did not protect anyone! They protect today, when the alignment is already clear. I think it is unhealthy. If you are a single country - it is impossible that foie gras, oysters, parmesan, cucumbers, lard and horilka continue to exist in normal human life. And in 500 - 600 kilometers from this life people die. I shot so much in Ukraine, I have many friends there. One Milikaru is a deceased, ingenious cameraman; I took three pictures with him. They can not be stopped by persuasion - they must be cured, it is a virus.
What about relationships with the international film community? Your brother, Andrei Konchalovsky, refused the Oscar award. Did he make this decision himself or did he consult with you?
- Absolutely not! He himself shot a wonderful picture “White Nights of Alexey Tryapitsyn”. I am very happy for him! He sent me the already sent letter, where he rightly says that the value of the Oscar for the world subsides. For Americans, the prize matters - it's money. They receive additional subsidies and support.
What did you reply to this letter? Supported?
- Of course! First, this is my elder brother, and in our family there has always been a cult of an elder brother. Even when I disagree with him, I say that I did not agree, but there are many “but” ...
Some began to accuse you of public relations before the premiere, when you began to publicly clarify relations with Makarevich in your program on the federal channel.
- This is stupid. I find it difficult to respond to nonsense. And if there were no pictures? You know, so far I don’t need to draw attention to my picture in such a difficult way. As for Makarevich: if you say that you are speaking before everyone, then why do you refuse to speak before the militiamen, saying, they say, “I don’t sympathize with them”? Now the burial sites of 400 people are already opened, they have been shot and sand-filled without trial. If you say that you spoke in front of children, then I will give an example: Klavdiya Shulzhenko came to speak in occupied Kiev in front of children, not in front of the Nazis, but in front of children. It is difficult to imagine that she speaks to children when portraits of Hitler and the swastika are around.
What do you think, why and why Makarevich did it?
- I dont know. I think that this is not PR. I want to believe that this is a mistake. If he thinks so, then we think differently. I expressed my opinion. Not only do I love his work, he is also the first person in my life from whom I got an autograph. He wrote on it - "the first person to whom I gave an autograph." He is an adult, why should I teach him? Everything, taken together, is deprived of the most important thing - the real sensation of truth. When Makarevich says that the Crimea is an annexation and we need to give it away, and only then we will be civilized people - this is bewilderment. I was funny to read it. If this is true, then why should he live in this country? What is the point?
Mikhalkov: I do not understand why Makarevich lives in Russia
Noticed oshЫbku Highlight text and press. Ctrl + Enter