Interview with fighters of the Severodonetsk-Lysychansk women's battalion
We remember that in the years of the Great Patriotic War, many girls and women went into the army and were scouts, regulators, served in the air defense forces and communications. This does not surprise us.
Today in July, 2014, these militias - not so much.
In the garrison a lot of fighting local pumped men with combat experience. But some of the peasants who sit on the couches, you need to think about why women go to the militia.
Militia answered several questions from journalists.
- Tell us about yourself. What are your names?
- My name is Polina - the command unit of our girls. Lyudmila, Natalia, Nadezhda.
“What wonderful names.” What brought you here, to the militia?
- First of all, our knowledge stories, their roots, their fatherland. We were born here. We must live without any slavery offered by the European Union.
- All agree on this?
- We agree. Of course. I have three children. There is someone to protect.
“Why should you, the militia, protect your city and your families?”
- In our city a lot of "sofa" troops among men.
What are they - these men will say when the "Natsik" come here. What will happen to our families when they come here - what is happening in Slavyansk now? We know what happens there. People cry and moan. Let's go to the militia. Because there are stretch marks on our wheat fields - people cannot remove the bread. And who put them? Battalions "Dnepr" set, it is already obvious and well known. And we want our homeland to remain our homeland.
And about our husbands. And our husbands are side by side with us. We must not fight on the Internet - but with a gun in our hands.
- Did you fight with anyone? Entered into combat clashes?
- We had a baptism with Polina. We defended our state border. Really shot. Sewed wounds under airstrike. They pulled bullets from our militiaman, sewed up wounds during an air attack. Now we are on duty at the checkpoint of our city. Check the car.
- And you do not want to drop everything and leave?
- And who, if not we! We are not used to. Men also intercede. I can say so - I have the addition of personnel.
- Why don't you leave - Russia invites?
- And what will happen to our home? Our homeland is New Russia! Why didn't we come to the benders, but did they come to us?
- Are you afraid to die for this motherland?
- Not only scary! We are normal people.
- And are you ready to die for the Motherland?
- If you have to!
- What would you like to wish for these sofa "men"?
- Lift. Remember your roots. Remember what your grandfathers fought for. families. We will be there. Get up and look at us.
These are the thoughts of these glorious girls. Not a woman's share of the fight - they need to raise and raise children! But if the men and our Russian "businessmen" are so very hard to understand what is happening. And we are talking about local and non-local residents who consider themselves Russian or Slavic. Women are somehow keenly aware of the fact that the time has come to take weapon for defense.
There are three children at the extreme right of the woman, and she took up arms to defend them.
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest news and the most important events of the day.