An interview with Sergey Khviyuzov, head of the department for repair, modernization, warranty supervision and disposal (URMGiU), was a great journalistic success. Sergei Mikhailovich, like most factory managers, is very busy: meetings, checks, meetings, business trips - the working day is scheduled in minutes. In an interview, Sergei Mikhailovich spoke about the areas of production activity that today are priorities for management, as well as what was new in the structure of the department’s responsibilities.
And the first question I asked Sergei Mikhailovich was about the promotion of work on the cruiser Admiral Nakhimov.
- As you know, the fate of this ship was decided for more than one year, - said Sergey Khviyuzov. - The fleet refused to simply repair the idea of the cruiser, it became clear to everyone that in order to become a modern combat unit, the Admiral Nakhimov needs to be modernized. After a long discussion about the appearance of the ship, the development of the technical project was entrusted to the Northern PKB. And just recently, it was possible to resolve two main issues with the designer - to conclude contracts for the creation of a technical project, and 14 in March to sign a contract for the development of working design documentation. These are the fundamental contracts that will allow the company to obtain all the documentation for the repair and modernization of the ship. The Northern PKB should complete the development of the technical project in October of this year, it will allow to assess the entire scope of the modernization and create customized statements for this volume.
The main task of the year is to put the cruiser in the dry dock of the 50 workshop on a firm basis, so that the operation is successful, serious preparation is underway: large-sized equipment, systems and mechanisms are being dismantled for repair and disposal, installation of the TOZ systems, production of four pontoons in the workshop 42 for docking. For two years, “Nakhimov” should stand at the dock, during this period the inspection of the ship hull, repair of the shaft line, other systems and equipment that need to be done at the dock will begin.
- Another area of work of URMGiU is guarantee supervision and maintenance of nuclear submarines, which Sevmash passed the fleet. Today, under warranty are Yuri Dolgoruky and Alexander Nevsky. What new has appeared in this area of Sevmash?
- The most important innovation is that the period of warranty supervision for fourth-generation boats has doubled and now is five years. This obliges manufacturers to take greater responsibility for the technique. In turn, Sevmash put forward requirements for the customer to regularly carry out servicing of submarines, because only in this case can you carry warranty obligations for such a long period. An understanding in this regard has been found, as a result, the Navy has already ordered Sevmash to work on servicing ships for the next three years. Such orders are beneficial to Sevmash. It is necessary to create service centers under the auspices of USC, which would be separately financed and represent the interests of several related enterprises at once.
- Warranty obligations come from the moment of signing the acceptance certificate of the ship, and under what conditions does the elimination of the malfunction go not at the expense of Sevmash?
- There are two GOST, in which the algorithm is fixed troubleshooting. If it is proved that the defect was due to improper use of equipment by the personnel of the submarine, then the costs are borne by the Navy. If the failure occurred due to the fault of the supplier of the equipment, in this case he is responsible for correcting the failure. That is, who is to blame, he pays. Each separate warranty case is considered on a special commission, the corresponding decision is made. Experience shows that often a large part of equipment failures occur as a result of improper use of equipment by personnel.
- Sergey, and the repair of nuclear submarines today relevant to the enterprise activity?
- Sevmash, as a contractor, cooperates with the Zvezdochka enterprise on repair and maintenance of third-generation boats. This work is conducted regularly, it is understandable and interesting. And not so long ago, Sevmash set about the work that was familiar to him - the installation of fairings on the Yekaterinburg submarine, which is being renovated at Zvezdochka. The URMGIU team is always ready to tackle new challenging tasks, because the management team is an excellent team of professionals.