We offer an interview with the employee of the International Association of Anti-Terrorist Units "Alpha", Chairman of the Board of the "Association of Veterans of the Special Unit" Berkut "of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine" Vladimir Krashevsky, who opened the curtain of secrets about the "black company" and the actions of special forces 20 February.
... People from the "mainland" do not run. They leave and move to the Crimea together with their families. Fighters come from almost all regions of Ukraine. Now for them, an employment algorithm is being developed for our squad. Selection to the Crimean special unit will be tough, as the level of training in various regions of Ukraine is seriously limping.
For example, in the majority of the "Berkut" squads, they were wearing the red beret illegally, and this already says a lot ...
- From which special forces fighters move to the Crimea?
- Yes, almost all. After all, it is logical that people do not want to serve the criminal regime and even more so - to fight shoulder to shoulder with the “Right Sector”, which crippled their colleagues just yesterday. After all, we know this “power” perfectly according to the era of Yushchenko’s rule. What is a revolution? This is a change of formations, and here we see just a change of oligarchic circles. According to the logic of things, stuffing of all sorts of incriminating evidence, the circulation of politicians in positions, will now begin. Everything is like with Yushchenko. Well, since the scenario this time is far from being peaceful, they will shoot each other.
- And the special forces were threatened?
- Yes it was. Someone phoned, someone nailed mourning wreaths to the door. To someone even came. But to a greater degree the inconvenience was caused not by threats, but by psychological pressure. It happened that the children of security officials in schools and kindergartens were told that “your dad beats up innocent people”, that “he is a murderer” ... A blow to the patient himself is in the family.
- Where are the fighters who arrived in the Crimea?
- Mostly with relatives and friends, almost throughout the peninsula. Actually, there are not so many who have moved - I will not say the exact number, approximately 150 man, that is, according to the Berkut. The Crimean base of the "Berkut" would shelter, but it does not have its own hostel. In the 22 year of the special forces, the people did not even receive a single apartment.
- Why did they choose the Crimea?
- Not only the Crimea, there are also those who left for other regions of Russia. It is beneficial for Avakov to say that someone is hiding in the Crimea: here, they say, "they are murderers, and they are there, in the Crimea!" We are to them like a red rag for the bull. Yes, the same Moskal: the Crimean "Golden Eagle" Maidan drives, then seizes the central authorities on the peninsula. Bullshit after all! The Crimean "Berkut" had no relation to the seizure of the authorities of the Crimea, and he did not take part in the dispersal of the "students". Well, I want him to seem like a specialist in the security forces ... it’s a pity, it doesn’t work, except to poke your finger at the sky at random.
- How were you treated on the Maidan?
- The attitude was different, but in most cases - negative. After all, we understood that there was an information war, and a successful one. It is appropriate to recall the words of Joseph Goebbels: "Give me the media, and I will make a herd of pigs out of any nation." Even in his time it was possible, but now - especially when the opportunity to make instant stuffing into the Internet and edit video: the special forces officer shoots at one frame, the Maidan activist falls in the second frame. This produces a certain resonance in society, and the reaction, as we see, does not keep itself waiting.
- And how do you think the current management of the Ministry of Internal Affairs behaved in relation to the “Berkut”?
- How? If we take specifically the Crimean "Berkut", then we were merged from the very first days. And this is not about the first days of Maidan, but in general. In the 1992 year, when the special forces had just appeared, we had the first baptism of fire in the village of Krasny Paradise near Alushta. The task was to eliminate land squatting. And even then, in the first days of existence, we were confronted with “Molotov cocktails”, and blows with sharpening and axes ... When we later met with individual representatives of the Crimean Tatars, they told us that they already had addresses and names of our relatives. the next day. There was just no cut command.
Why am I saying this? In Kiev, there was exactly the same situation. The traitors from the law enforcement agencies and the authorities merged everything that we did or even prepared to do. On the Maidan, they knew in advance that we would take action in the near future. There, in Kiev, we were whipping boys. The law "On Police" simply did not work. What can be relevant to the leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs? Guess ...
Unfortunately, both during the reign of Yanukovych and before him from the positions of the leadership of law enforcement agencies, they turned out professionals and put amateurs (fraternity, kinship, general business ...). Many professionals were knocked out of law enforcement agencies by endless pension reforms. At Alpha, the guys retired at the most productive age for the special forces officer 30-35 years.
- Is it easy to suppress the "Right Sector"? They say in his ranks a lot of these militants?
- Technically - yes. Moreover, the new government "Right Sector" is not needed. And now she is looking for any methods to get rid of them. The “Right Sector” was only interesting as an instrument for achieving the goal, and as a political force - by no means, especially since the European public does not accept such fascist political forces. They are followers of the ideas of the OUN-UPA. Unfortunately, in Ukraine history copied from scratch, and what was black turned white. It began after the collapse of the USSR, and already under Yushchenko there was a heroization of the fascist henchmen at the state level.
And again one of Goebbels’s quotations comes to mind: “Take away history from the people - and after a generation it will turn into a crowd, and after a generation it can be managed like a herd”. This is all we saw on the Maidan.
I will say more, “Right Sector” is another empty Ukrainian brand. As empty as the Heavenly Hundred, and as empty as the UPA, which in fact was neither Ukrainian nor insurgent, and I generally keep quiet about the term "army" ...
- How legitimate were the actions of special forces on the Maidan?
- Yes, there were excess of powers: they beat up unarmed people and journalists. From this one does not deny. There is no justification for these actions and can not be. But what does this mean? On the low level of training of special forces, primarily moral and psychological. In many regions there simply wasn’t enough specialists to train them. Just as there was a lack of material and technical support: everything remained from the times when the divisions were only created. Weapon about three times older than the employees who are now entering the service, the armor casters of another 80 model. Everything more or less modern was bought for its money or was acquired with the help of sponsors, more often - former special forces.
- And where is the commander of the Kiev "Golden Eagle" Sergey Kusyuk now? Why ran away?
- Well, in the Crimea, it probably is not. In any case, we did not appear in the detachment. And if he had appeared, no one would have told you that. Why ran away? Can this be called a flight? He is hiding from the investigation, if only because no objective investigation can be expected. This man served in the Kiev OMON from 1988, from the very beginning. What can be said about a man who has devoted his whole life to special forces and serving the people? What did he brutalize and all of a sudden sent a unit to beat the 45-year-old "students" of November 30? This is ridiculous! He understands perfectly well that he will be merged and made a scapegoat.
- What can you say about the actions of colleagues 20 February and Dmitry Gardener? Why did Berkut run away from Institutska?
- Dmitry Sadovnik - an officer with a capital letter. He, by the way, in the Crimea, handed over to the krapovy beret and earned the right to wear it, despite the fact that he had damaged his right hand, or rather, it was almost not there. In the "Berkut" he served for quite a long time, and in the special-purpose company, which Avakov and his colleagues called "black." Later, Dmitry headed this company.
Dmitry Sadovnik, commander of the RSN
- By the way, what is this legendary unit?
“Well, if Mr. Avakov had ever bothered to study official documents, he would not have used such a mystical cliché as a“ black company ”.
This is a special purpose company of the Kiev regiment "Berkut". It was created at the end of 1993 for conducting special operations of increased complexity and apprehending highly dangerous armed criminals. For two decades, hundreds of such events were held, and it should be noted, without a single loss. The composition of the company - 90 man, 4 assault platoon. At the time of its creation was headed by a veteran of Afghanistan, Dmitry Silyakov.
So that you understand what the person who laid the foundation of the company represented, I will read out a short excerpt from his personal file:
“In the Republic of Afghanistan since April 22, 1987. He is the commander of the parachute rescue group. Fulfilled 214 sorties, with a total flying time of 238 hours, to the areas where the military opposition forces were located for search and rescue cover and adjustment of bombing and assault strikes aviation, the evacuation of servicemen who were injured from the outposts of the Ground Forces, the cover of mechanized columns and the inspection of pack caravans. He carried out combat sorties to destroy the groups of military opposition during the military operations “Center”, “Fakel”, “Veil”, “Shot”, “Magistral”, in the areas of Panjshir Gorge, green zone n.p. Charikar, Kabul, Hosta. Guiding the actions of the group, he evacuated from the location of the military opposition 9 pilots from planes shot down by MANPADS, 31 seriously injured soldiers from the outposts of the Army Ground Forces, while demonstrating high moral and volitional qualities. "
But back to today's RSN - these are high-class professionals. Most have completed internships in foreign special forces and were run-in as part of the SPU (Special Police Unit) units, as well as the UN SPECIAL TEAM SIX (ST 6) antiterrorism squad in Kosovo. The latter included representatives of such anti-terror sharks as GSG-9 (Germany), SEK (Germany), EKO COBRA (Austria), WEGA (Austria), DELTA (Norway), GIGN (France), URNA (Czech Republic), Zásahová jednotka (Czech Republic), Specialna Enota (Slovenia), Karhu Team (Finland), Alfa (Croatia), BOA (Poland), Nationell Insatsstyrkan (Sweden), Viking Squad (Iceland), ETF (Canada).
February 20 was commanded by these guys just Dmitry Sadovnik.
- What really happened on February 20?
- In the morning at 8 on Institutskaya there was a bus with 23 armed special forces soldiers. What were they standing there for? To cover the main forces of the "Berkut" and the explosives, in case the automatic weapons seized by the militants of the Right Sector in the west of Ukraine reach Kiev and start firing. Shots from the Maidan could be heard on the day of February 18. Even then, the first wounded appeared. In the evening and at night, the intensity of the fire was such that only in the Crimean unit "Berkut" there were 28 wounded with firearms and one dead.
Remember, "Golden Eagle" ran down Institutskaya Street? Why? Yes, because they began to shoot. On the video, you can hear the shout from Maidan repeatedly: “Do not shoot your back!” Groups of demonstrators with shields come out and start throwing firework and various pyrotechnics into the outgoing security forces. The sound of bursting firecrackers and salutes mixed with the sound of shots. Therefore, law enforcement officers and begin a hasty evacuation.
Right there, the RSN fighters go to the October Palace to wake up 300 unarmed security officials, who were resting there at that moment. As a result, approximately 250 people were evacuated, since they were sleeping in all three floors and in the basement in the palace, they were not able to find everyone. Lulled into captivity. While the guys from the Maidan and the October Palace retreated, they were covered with the help of five pump-guns "Fort-500". Shot "rubber bands". Yes, they had automatic weapons, but the video clearly shows that they were shooting from the “forts”. Logically, what prevented them from throwing up their automata and putting everyone around? Yes, in fact, nothing, and believe me, they would not have missed.
At the same time, while the guys were covering their waste, a sniper doublet killed one of the PCN fighters, Nikolay Simisyuk. Again, this is on the video: Nikolai extracts a Teren-6 gas grenade from the discharge, pulls out a check, and two bullets hit him - one in the leg, the second - under a helmet cut, in the head. Colleagues run up to him, and an explosion is heard. When the gas cleared, Nikolai was evacuated ...
RSN fighter Nikolay Simisyuk died on the Maidan. By a unanimous decision of the Council of the krapovy berets of the Crimean detachment "Berkut" he was awarded the krapovy beret and the breastplate "For service and courage" - posthumously
Then two more fighters from this group were wounded, and one bullet landed in the handle of the knife and crushed it. By the way, many people saw a sniper there nearby. It was an officer of the counter-terrorism special forces of the Internal Troops of the MIA of Ukraine “Omega” With him was a cover group. Why was he there? Not for shooting protesters! This is intelligence. Using optical instruments, he tried to find the Right Sector snipers who, according to the information, were in the building of the Ukraine Hotel. Later, when the ammunition on the "Fort-500" came to an end, and the distance between the protesters and the special forces increased, the RSN fighters had to use firearms, but they were firing ahead of schedule. Again, in the video you can see the fountains of the earth in three or four meters from the attackers. What prevented shoot to kill? I repeat, they could have put all the attackers - and, by the way, on completely legal grounds, according to the law of Ukraine “On Police”, section 3, article 15.
Thanks to these guys, casualties among security officials were minimized.
- And what kind of yellow bandages were in their hands? Initially, someone said that they had the symbolism of "SS-Galicia" ...
- This is a "friend or foe" system. Distinguishing mark for visual identification. After all, we perfectly understood that among the demonstrators there could well have been people dressed in similar uniforms. And so as not to confuse them with their own, the fighters wrapped the yellow tape on the sleeves of the uniform. There was no symbolism on the bandages.
- Avakov said that it was the “black company” fighters who fired at the protesters ...
- Even if it is purely hypothetical to suggest this, then there would not be a “heavenly hundred”, but rather a “heavenly front”. No one would be given a chance to leave! It’s the same if Alpha or Omega worked. After all, it is clear that the hits to the demonstrators come from the back and from the flanks, and there simply were no law enforcement officers! Now the fighters of all units require an examination of weapons. Where is the logic, will the killer really insist on an expertise that can expose him? One thing I can say for sure - both the protesters and the security forces fired from the same sniper weapon. There is expertise, but no one will give such a result to the masses, in any case, it will not.
- By the way, Gennady Moskal announced about the “Wave” operation on the Maidan, what is it?
- Operation “Wave” is simply a provisional name for measures to localize riots. Every six months tactical and special exercises are held in different areas on this “Wave”. He didn’t tell the public again anything secret or sensational.
- Would it really be possible to disperse the Maidan?
- Of course, and without blood. Only it was necessary to act differently: shut off the "taps", in the first place - financial. Then - firewood, food, fuel for Molotov cocktails. Why was it all delivered there? Flaw ... Traitors in departments and authorities. The lack of a single center of coordination of actions of security officials from various departments. Drain information ... That's the result.
- Why didn't Alpha take the Palace of Trade Unions by storm?
“Thanks to the militants of the Right Sector, who at the beginning of the assault decided to destroy evidence — a weapon, a warehouse with Molotov cocktails ...” They smashed bottles against the walls in the hope of having time to evacuate. Here the building caught fire. And then there was no one to storm ...
- What can you say about the special units of the Crimea? Are employees of the Ukrainian special forces ready to serve in the Russian units?
- Already serve, and do not consider themselves traitors. They have done enough and absolutely honestly served Ukraine, now they will serve the Motherland. Whoever thinks differently, simply does not know the history of the entry of Crimea into the Ukrainian SSR. I remember very well that in the beginning-middle of 90-s all the sleeve patches of the “Berkut”, “Falcon” and even the NSU were performed against the background of the Crimean flag. Later, when their wearing was banned, the Ukrainian flags were simply ripped off from the stripes, and they began to wear cockades with “tridents” only in 1997.
Special Purpose Company, Kiev, 90
In the office of the company commander of the special forces of the Crimean "Berkut", between portraits of Margelov and Lysyuk, Putin's portrait has been hanging for more than ten years. And the company commander himself went to all the seizures with a Russian flag in unloading, in his pocket closer to his heart.
- And what is the number of security officials who have gone over to Russia?
- By the number, I will not orient you, but in general, 99% of the personnel of various special forces have returned to their homeland. The Special Forces fighter is a “piece goods”, and no scrap metal in the form of military equipment will replace it, the more outdated. So, Ukraine lost the whole TSO A management of the Security Service of Ukraine in Simferopol and the department A of the Security Service of Ukraine in Sevastopol (both units are among the most combat-ready in Alpha), the Berkut battalion in Simferopol and branches in Yalta, Yevpatoria, Kerch, a company in Sevastopol, Sokol units, the Grifon judicial police unit, a squad of special forces of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (formerly Shadow, Lavender, Skat), a special-purpose regiment of the Tigr. of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, 801 AB PDSS and many others ...
- Let's translate the discussion in a different direction. How do you feel about the work of Andrei Makarevich? In particular, to his musical work “riot police waltz”?
- He is a creative person. He, probably, can be ... Although I personally never listened to “Macaroni”. He grew up on the works of the leader of the St. Petersburg "Alice" Konstantin Kinchev, and I will answer him with the words:
Who is responsible for what
With that and live
Time will tell who was worth something in this snowstorm.
Who is there in the next world
Will explain at the time of the finger on the trigger.
- A hint that everything is just beginning, and the main work is still ahead.