- At first you thought that we would be dispersed after December 1, then after January 18.
Then - after February 18! And that's how it turned out! - a short guy in a protective form and without a balaclava teasing over a tall fighter, more like a partisan - in a sheepskin coat and a hat with earflaps.
- Well, yes, I thought that I would have to go to the partisans! And who could have imagined that Yanukovich is such a sucker !? - he steps from foot to foot.
- Yes, Julia would not be so! Would disperse us in two seconds! - agrees with him ally. The conversation takes place at the entrance to the Lukyanovskiy SIZO. The fighters of the “Right Sector” are waiting for the release of “Vasilkovsky” terrorists and discuss the current situation.
"Right Sector" was, perhaps, the main political discovery of Euromaidan. Through the efforts of activists and journalists, they literally turned from marginal-radicals in a month, from which respectable opposition tried to stay away, into fearless heroes of resistance to the Yanukovych regime (to be fair, I must say that they really were in the front ranks of all major attacks on police cordons - and 1 December, and January 19, and February 20). “Right Sector” is now a promoted brand, and its leader, Dmitry Yarosh, has already announced that he is thinking of participating in the presidential elections.
In addition, the right is set to go to parliamentary elections, but in general their goal is a national revolution, which will sweep away all current elites, including the opposition, who have now come to power. How much does the “right” really have a big political future?
“Of course, the desire to repeat the path of the Bolsheviks from February to October is today among many rightists,” says political analyst Vladimir Fesenko. “However, they forget that already after the October revolution the Bolsheviks lost the election to the Constituent Assembly. Why? They simply did not know. So it will be if Dmitry Yarosh goes to the presidency now. For all its popularity among those who support the Maidan, nationwide, the leader of the “Right Sector” is not known. Nevertheless, the right-wing radicals have a future in politics. Today, the “Right Sector” is a well-promoted brand. But his results on possible elections to the parliament will depend on the situation in the country. The worse it gets, the higher the radicalization of the population and the support of the Right Sector will be, respectively. With their future competitor, Freedom, they can share 5% of the votes, and they can - 15 – 20%. However, just using the example of “Freedom”, one can say that nothing softens the position of the radical like a chair in parliament.
By the way, the current parliament and its majority (which includes all the former opposition) do not particularly want to dissolve ahead of time and go to early elections. And for the right it is a matter of principle. The struggle for a new Rada may cause a rather large conflict in the near future.
We are talking about plans for the near future with the leader of the Social-National Assembly (part of the “Right Sector”), Igor Krivoruchko. We meet with him for the second time. The first - a week ago, when there was still no dispersal of the protesters in the government quarter, dozens of dead and, finally, the arrival of the "new government" in the person of the leaders of the Batkivshchyna party. Last news - one of the most discussed among the right.
- Do not you think that the future of the country will be decided without you?
- And we did not doubt that they would try to deceive us. Turchinov has already proposed to disperse, but we are not going to do that.
“Are you not afraid that the new authorities will not make a fuss with you if you persist?”
- I think they are afraid to disperse the Maidan.
- And what are the conditions now for your departure from Maidan?
- They have not changed. Re-election to the Verkhovna Rada, the closure of all cases on the activists of the Maidan, and the release of all these political prisoners.
- Do your requirements coincide with the general requirements of Maidan?
- I will not say for sure, because negotiations are being conducted between Maidan and the opposition and, I know, there are many sharp corners there, and even more backstage negotiations. No negotiations are conducted with us.
- And if the Maidan disperses without you?
- Several hundred of the “People’s Self-Defense” agreed to join us - to the SNA. So we will not be alone. At the same time, the general atmosphere of the Maidan is now directed against the United Opposition, since the people want to take part in the political life of the country.
- If your requirements are met, are you ready to disperse?
- Yes. But while we on the contrary declared general mobilization.
- We have a lot of missing. There are about thirty of them. Two more dead. But they are confirmed because they refused to show us the body. We suffered the main losses in February 18, when there was a move to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. "People's self-defense" asked us to accompany, and we went to their ranks. At the Institute police and "self-defense" became face to face. After that, the security forces began to snatch people out of action and dragged them to themselves. Because of this, fights began. After that shots followed, stones and Molotov cocktails flew.
“You were shooting too?”
- We have weapons no.
A guy in full military uniform with a pistol in a holster passes by. Igor catches my view: "This is a pneumatic gun!"
- Why did you have to leave?
- Began the onslaught of the police. We began to surround. After that, the beginning of the encirclement and returning to Maidan began. Who had time, he departed. They could not go down for a long time, because they let women and children pass ahead. But the police continued the offensive and then we lost many.
- What was February 20 during the counteroffensive?
- They began to push the police, and she began to evacuate.
- They say the Crimean fighters of the internal troops took sleeping in the October Palace.
- I do not know, but I do not exclude. In the police itself was a difficult situation. The commanders of some units of the explosives called and asked not to engage them. They said they did not want to go against the people, but the "Golden Eagle" forces them to be a human shield and even hits when they start to protest.
- How do you treat them?
- There is no hostility towards them. You yourself saw that all the explosives were released. There is hatred for "Berkut".
- Therefore, the police on the streets of Kiev is not visible. Are not you afraid that chaos will come?
- Not. On the Maidan thousands of people who are sent on call to the place of emergency. Yesterday we were ready to go to the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, where 500 was supposedly titush, but then went to hang up. In addition, in all districts of the capital there are detachments of "People's Self-Defense."
- And about. Interior Minister said he sees the "Right Sector" in the police.
- SNA does not see itself there. Police discredited themselves.
- And at the expense of what you exist for three months? Who is financing the Right Sector?
- I do not know the exact amount, but they are big and all this is money of people who want to help. The “Right Sector” is now very popular.
- In general, who in the "Right Sector" makes decisions?
- Leader Dmitry Yarosh and the Council, which includes representatives of organizations participating in the “Right Sector”, make strategic decisions. As for the command of combat detachments, they report directly to their commanders. These are the leaders of the organizations in which they came to the Maidan.
- How big is the role of ultras fans?
- There are agreements with several fan organizations, but they have no effect on the life of the “Right Sector” on Maidan. On the scale of the country, their role is certainly great. It is about creating regional offices and support.
- However, they were on the Maidan?
- There were many skinheads and members of right-wing organizations that are not part of the Right Sector.
- Why not enter?
- They do not like some organizations, but they support the revolution.
Poroshenko wrote to us a statement to the police, and the people Klitschko deceived
“If the leaders of the opposition and Yulia Tymoshenko are not the leaders of Maidan and the new Ukraine in general, then who can they follow?”
- According to polls, Dmitry Yarosh. Our leader remains the same. This is Andrei Biletsky.
- And the commandant of the Maidan Andriy Paruby and Petro Poroshenko?
- The commandant of Maidan is a decent person. However, he is not so promoted to lead people. Poroshenko also wrote us a statement to the police. Therefore, what is he a leader for us?
- When did you write?
- After the events of the first of December on Bankova. He climbed onto an excavator with a too arrogant expression on his face and a look that he could order. Yet they understood that he was doing this for the sake of political PR. But no one understood why he allows himself to do it. Therefore, it and thrown off. And he wrote a statement to the police.
- Klitschko, too, your strangled from a fire extinguisher, when he wanted to calm the raging passions on Grushevskogo?
- Klitschko also came to order. For some reason, he believes that he is an authority on young people. But he is not. Yes, we respect Klitschko as a boxer, but we don’t consider him a politician. His program is incomprehensible, and the speeches ... During the storming of the Svyatoshinsky District Department of Internal Affairs (last summer due to the cruel dispersal of the dealers of the Shlylah market there - author's note), the deputy Klitschko Bondarenko promised me that they would take on the bail of the "Vasilkovsky" terrorists and other detainees "Patriots of Ukraine" (part of the SNA - approx. Aut.), Will provide lawyers if necessary. In the end, they did nothing.
- Times change.
- And not a discreet word remains. 1 December, they also deceived everyone, saying that we are entering a revolution. As a result, we only stormed the Bank, and the revolution turned into a protracted concert.
“Perhaps they understand the revolution differently.”
- They said then that the power will fall and changes will come. Power has not fallen, change has not come.
- There is an opinion that the first clashes, which began on Grushevskogo, were planned.
- They can not plan. Such events occur spontaneously.
- Some believe that this was a reaction of the right to Yatsenyuk’s answer about who the leader of the Maidan is. Like, when he said that the people, it all started.
- From our side, this was a response to the “Vasilkovsky” terorists (in 2012, three members of the SNA were sentenced to six years in prison, allegedly for preparing to undermine the monument to Lenin in Borispol on Ukraine’s Independence Day in 2011). When they were imprisoned, many “professional” politicians said: “Aah, the ideological ones were imprisoned, now we are going to cash in the money!” And then it turned out that they had taken on everyone. Appeared laws 16 January. Then it was already all combed. And it turned out Grushevskogo. Together with Avtomaydan we went to picket those who live on our taxes - the Cabinet of Ministers. And they rightly resented why we are not allowed to do it, and also - to walk freely on our streets.
- So you started the assault?
- Not storming, but active. Because it is difficult to storm the “Berkut” bus by storm. And active actions - yes. The first successes on Grushevskogo belong to the "White Hammer" and "Patriot of Ukraine" (included in the SNA). Now they are the combat vanguard of the Right Sector.
The right will go to parliament
- Now, as they say, a bourgeois-democratic revolution is underway. But you need a social-national?
- Now our tactical victory will be re-election of parliament and the president.
- But elections can rig?
“They can be rigged, but people will take to the streets again, and for 2-3 of the year, they will understand that the state itself must be changed. Then a real revolution will occur and people will come to politics who do not defend the interests of their own business, do not seek to get ministerial portfolios, but want to take their place in stories. These people were brought up under fire on the barricades. They understood that for the sake of the country they would not get anything good, but only trouble. But they were ready and did everything meaningfully.
- There are analogies with the 17 year. That is, the February revolution is taking place now, and then it will be the October one.
- I tell my guys the same thing. Now we need a tactical victory - we must defend our demands. Otherwise, the Maidan will disperse, and then they will say that it was not there.
- What's next?
- I do not believe that a revolution can be carried out either only in parliament or on the street. It is necessary to use all the possibilities. Of course, we need to go to parliament to add respectability, but the impact on the street also can not be lost. If we see that election fraud continues, then we will bring people to the streets to show who the people support.
- Go to politics as a single “Right Sector?
- Such negotiations are underway. However, the organizations that are included in the coalition are very different, so the process is inhibited. There are contradictions. And to solve them, it takes time. And now it is not. Therefore, we will agree after the Maidan. Understand that the Right Sector is a coalition of organizations with different goals. Therefore, we must go to the polls, resolving all disputed issues before. Otherwise, then we split our faction and the question will arise as to why we united at all.
- Because of what there were always clashes between the organizations of the “Right Sector”?
- Ideologically, we are united by the fact that Ukraine should be Ukrainian, and the people above all. How to achieve this, we have a different vision. And since we all guys are hot, it came to fights. However, when the previous government began to repress, for example, the Tridents, we stood up for them. They also help us.
- There is an opinion that special services sponsor right-wing patriots.
- Yes, and therefore our leader Andrei Biletsky has been sitting in a colony on a fabricated case for almost three years with a view to life imprisonment.
Russia should become a buffer between us and China
- How would you see Ukraine, whether your will?
- We oppose democracy for authoritarianism and personal, not collective responsibility. For corruption in government positions, it is necessary to impose punishment up to the death penalty, and the Ukrainian people should not be represented in power through the mediation of political parties. It is necessary to introduce professional syndicates. Doctors are engaged in medicine, agrarians are agrarian ... Ukraine should improve the Ukrainian army and regain the status of a nuclear power, and not strengthen the internal forces. It is necessary once and for all to stop separatist sentiments on the part of Russia and Romania. In general, I see Ukraine as a superpower and the first violin in the triangle Balkans-Baltic-Caucasus.
- How do you feel about other nationalities living in Ukraine?
- We are categorically opposed to minorities imposing their own rules on us. At the same time, we have no problems with Russians. If they are Russian, not scoops. If they are guided not by Moscow quasi-education, but by Kievan Rus. Russians are Ukrainians.
- And the language?
- A person first becomes a patriot, and then he learns a language. This question does not come first. Moreover, thanks to pro-Kremlin propaganda, people confuse nationalism and Russophobia. These are two different things.
- We should have a national Ukrainian Christianity. After Patriarch Nikon cursed the Moscow Patriarchate, it is difficult to find a non-canonical patriarchate. Moreover, the church has long been a business and must be reformed. Therefore, we must initiate the creation of the First Apostolic Church of St. Andrew the First-Called and declare the Kiev supremacy in Christianity. In addition to national Christianity, we recognize religious teachings, with the Kiev-centrist spiritual center. For example, RUNvira or paganism have the right to development in Ukraine.
- And where is European tolerance? By the way, what will be your attitude towards the Association Agreement with the EU if it is signed?
- Personally, we will immediately begin the struggle to terminate this agreement.
- Do you think that we are not on the way with the EU?
- Ukraine should not be included in any associations, except those that she initiates or heads. All right-wing Europeans believe that their countries would be better off without the EU.
- And then what shall we do with Russia?
- I see Russia on the verge of disintegration and Ukraine with the primordial lands of Kuban and Don1, on which the ethnic Ukrainian majority lives. But against Russia ceasing to exist. 1 Otherwise, we will get a border with expansive China or Caucasian peoples with ideas of jihad. Therefore, Russia should become a buffer zone.
- Polish question. Do you recognize the Volyn massacre or consider it justified, do you think that the former Lemkan lands from which they were deported during Operation Vistula should be returned to Ukraine?
- Poland is now our best ally and friend. We have a representative office in Warsaw. And the Polish right supported us when we cut off the stuffed head of the Polish president Komarovsky after his living prototype started talking about claims. History has removed all the differences.
- Do you accept terror and violence as a way to solve problems?
- We have very soft legislation that allows us to conduct our work peacefully. Another thing is that the laws of January 16 just limited it, but the Maidan has made them cancel.
- Nevertheless, you used Molotov cocktails during the Maidan.
- Why the state can use its monopoly on violence, and citizens can not use their right to protection?