Two openly positioned 57-mm guns make the car look like “bloated” from 2x30 mm to 2x57 mm “Terminator”, but two C-60 guns, with a distance between them sufficient for the crew to land, turned out as a result of using a special longitudinal armored capsule in the center of a fairly large tower.
The proposed alternative BMPT-100 (drawings and text) is a sketch of the author's work, which does not pretend to any exact technical and tactical conformity.
The machine is part of the family of combat vehicles based on the alternative tank T-100-140, in connection with which it is intended to use the chassis of this tank without any special changes.
The main feature of the alternative BMPT-100 is the increased security of the crew of 3 people, as a result, the large mass of the machine is 62 tons (equal to the mass of the T-100-140 tank).
The main armament of the BMPT consists of the armament complex of the well-known ZSU-57-2 - two paired 57 mm C-60 automatic guns.
Such a complex of weapons for BMPT will certainly be controversial, since this is not a ZSU and 2-i gun, its booking and auxiliary mechanisms will only make the car heavier, however, the presence of 2-guns was the result of some non-standard layout and technical solutions:
1) New layout of the crew in the tower "in a helicopter."
With this arrangement, the crew (the commander sits behind the gunner along the longitudinal axis of the tower) provides increased crew protection from the sides - the size of the armor plates and the ammunition between them, mechanisms and units is: DZ + 1200 mm + undercut. The crew is in a kind of “armored capsule”, which in the front projection is protected by combined spaced armor with the Duplet dynamic protection complex. The size of the armor in the area of the frontal projection of the armored capsule is: DZ + 800 mm + podboy (in the version with additional protection: screen + 600 mm + DZ + 800 mm + podboy). The two upper hatches are also located along the longitudinal axis of the tower, one after the other. Using only one 57-mm cannon along the axis of the tower would limit the possibility of evacuating the crew, since landing / disembarking would be possible only with the gun raised up, in other positions the crew would be clamped by the gun barrel inside the machine. In the proposed model of BMPT, the crew can leave the car at any angles of inclination of the trunks because the distance between them allows the crew to easily climb between the trunks.
2) The design of the automatic ammunition consisting of 4-x independent chain conveyors (2 pairs on each side, the capacity of each conveyor - 42 shot). With this design provides a large capacity of automatic ammunition - 168 shots. Replenishment of the conveyors is possible from the fighting compartment without stopping the operation of the gun (even at the moment of firing). The BMPT commander replenishes the ammunition, to the right and to the left of him on the rotating floor of the fighting compartment there are two manual packs, each with a capacity of 42 shot (full mobile load - a shot of 252). At the moment when the guns are powered by the two upper conveyors, the commander can replenish the two lower conveyors through special hatches in the armored fences, and vice versa, when feeding the guns from the lower conveyors, the upper ones are replenished. The theoretical time to replenish any two transporters (shot 84) - 6-7 minutes. The standard firing mode is a simultaneous salvo from 2's guns.
In the event of failure or destruction of one of the guns or automatic loader - it is possible to fire from one gun.
3) An additional advantage of the two-gun installation is the higher rate of fire of the guns - up to 200 shots / min., Providing additional capabilities in the fight against air targets. With a regular doubles shot (for higher accuracy of shooting due to simultaneous recoil), shells are likely to overrun. This disadvantage is partially compensated by a large payload of ammunition and a small cost of regular 57-mm shots as a consumable.
Technical characteristics of BMPT-100:
Promising BMPT, is a member of the family of promising cars offered by the author based on T-100-140.
tanks in battle
Main objectives: defeat the RPG and ATGM calculations in various shelters, on the upper floors of buildings and in the mountains; the defeat of high-speed tank destroyers and mobile ATGMs; defeat enemy combat helicopters.
For maximum unification of the promising cars offered by the author.
Standard tank crew - driver, commander and gunner.
Similar to the mass of the T-100-140.
Turbodiesel 6-TD3 (4), high overall power and compact dimensions. Start - electric, from the generator-starter.
24,2 hp / t
At the level of indicators T-100-140 (BMPT "Terminator" - 21,3 hp / t, BMPT-72 - 22,7 hp / t)
Non-standard chassis layout, high traction characteristics, ease of operation.
65 km / h
Similar to the speed of the T-100-140.
65 km / h
High reverse speed (for driving backwards from narrow streets, mountain roads and other dangerous areas) are provided by reverse video cameras, driver observation monitors and reversible traction motors.
Depth of ford:
Until 5 m
Standard indicator for MBT
Up to 0,95 kg / cm2
It does not exceed the similar indicators of the T-90CM and Oplot-M tanks due to the 7-roller chassis.
To ensure the comfortable conditions of the crew;
10 kW - electrical supply of the machine during the main engine idle period;
400 km (without mounted barrels 2 x 200 liters);
500 km - with barrels.
The capacity of the internal fuel tanks - 700-800 liters (limited by EM transmission), the outer 780 liters.
2 x 57-mm
The design of the turret, due to the additional protection of the crew by side containers with 57-mm shots, increased rate of fire for hitting helicopters.
Rate of fire
200 (100) rds / min
The standard shooting mode is a single simultaneous shot of two guns and bursts of 4, 6, 8 and more shots. Emergency - shooting from one gun, in case of damage to another. Probably a decrease in shooting accuracy due to uneven recoil of a single gun.
Gun pointing angles:
-8 ... + 70 vert.
Vertical rotational orientator shot, expands the shot to the desired angle for submission to the gun.
168 shots in the automatic battle in the turret and 84 (42 from each side of the commander) to manual in the BMPT BO.
4 automatic conveyor, with a capacity of 42 shot each (2 from each side of the tower).
Types of shots:
Conventional - regular PF, OT and armor-piercing shells;
Special - PF and OT fragmentation shells with remote blasting.
Twin machine gun:
Ammunition - 2000 cartridges (2 tape on 1000 cartridges).
Automatic grenade launcher:
Ammunition - 150 grenades.
Types of grenades: VOG-17A, VOG-17М.
ATGM 140 mm
140 mm tank missiles (similar to those used on T-100-140), which are assembled from 2 parts in the PU channel, are used.
Types of missiles:
Rocket with gos
TOUR anti KAZ
- TOUR "Combat" with tandem cumulative warhead;
- TOUR "Combat" with OF BC;
- TR with laser seeker, cumulative fragmentation warhead;
- TOUR with a trap against KAZ, tandem cumulative warhead.
4 pcs in launchers (PU), 2 pcs in the fighting compartment.
2 x 7 PU
Launchers can be installed instead of PU with ATGM. Ammunition - 14 missiles (2 PU) or 7 missiles (1 PU).
Types of missiles:
Unguided rocket, cumulative fragmentation warhead.
As guided weapons (for maximum unification with the T-100-140 tank), it is proposed to use universal launchers that fire “tank” T-bom “Combat” of various modifications. Structurally, each PU for a TUR has two channels with a diameter of 140 mm with a closed rear section, similar in principle to the treasury of a tank gun (since the missiles are the same). The PU is loaded from the rear, with the installation raised in the 0 degrees position and the lateral anti-cumulative grill folded back to 90 degrees.
TOUR are assembled from 2-x parts in the launcher channel. Ammunition consists of 6 missiles: 4 - in PU and 2 - in BO in a special ammunition. Both “short” TOUR “Combat” 140 x 1065 mm, and “long” TOUR 140 x 1500 mm can be used.
Estimated range of missiles used - 5 species.
If necessary, PUs with TUR can be changed to PUs with aviation missiles AR-8 (C-8). For accurate firing at heavily fortified objects (bunkers, bunkers, and others), the use of AR-8L corrected aircraft missiles is provided.
Description of goals
Why they can not hit the T-100-140
Due to what they can hit BMPT-100
Calculations of RPG and ATGM in buildings of cities and other settlements;
The long barrel 140-mm gun restricts the rotation of the tower on narrow streets and mountain roads;
Minimum radius of gun barrels 57-mm С-60.
RPG and ATGM calculations on the upper floors of buildings and mountain slopes;
Maximum angle of lift 140-mm gun: + 16 degrees;
30-mm guns: + 45 degrees;
12,7-mm NSVT + 60 degrees.
Maximum angle of lift 57-mm guns: + 70 degrees.
The minimum radius ometaniya trunks.
Calculations of RPG and ATGM in the trenches, on the reverse slopes of the mountains and behind other natural shelters;
Insufficient power of 30-mm shells with a remote fuse (DV).
Excess capacity 140 mm shots from the Far East and their limited number - 19 pcs. (at 50% BK).
57-mm projectile with DV has a sufficient fragmentation effect, their number in the combat pack - 126 pcs. (at 50% BK).
The firing points, positions of anti-tank artillery and anti-tank guided missiles behind natural and artificial shelters;
140 guns' fire rate mm - up to 10 shots / min.
Volley from 7-14 of AR-8 aircraft missiles, (500 ready fragments in each rocket).
Maneuverable infantry fighting vehicles and light speed tank destroyers whose frontal armor withstands 30 hits - mm shells.
The 30-mm gun (28 mm on 1000 m / 60 degrees) does not penetrate their frontal armor. Insufficient rate of fire 140 mm guns and a limited number of BPS.
57 mm guns fire rate - 200 rds / min, armor-piercing tracer pierces 80 mm armor on 1000 m / 60 hail.
Number of BPS - 126 pcs. (at 50% BK).
Short range of 30-mm cannon at anti-aircraft targets (up to 2500 m). Elevation angle 30-mm guns + 45 deg.
The range of fire on anti-aircraft targets to 6000 m + powerful projectile with the Far East. The angle of elevation 57-mm guns + 70 hail.
A large accumulation of various targets in the open and in the green zone;
Insufficient rate of fire 140-mm guns to hit such targets.
Simultaneous salvo from 7-14 of AR-8 aircraft missiles, (500 ready fragments in each rocket).
- New layout of the tower, provides increased protection for the crew from the sides and stern;
- The layout of the T-100 chassis provides additional protection for the entire crew when armor is broken through;
- The driver can urgently leave BMPT at any position of the tower;
- The high rate of fire of guns (at the level of ZSU-57-2) increases the firepower of the BMPT, including when fighting combat helicopters;
- 57 caliber mm allows you to use a wide range of shots, including PF projectiles with remote blasting and anti-aircraft guided projectiles with a seeker;
- Possible replenishment of the automatic loader simultaneously with firing from the gun;
- Universal PU, which can use different ATGM caliber 140 mm, used on the T-100-140;
- The upgraded SLA allows targeting the corrected NAR AR-8L.
- Large mass (62 tons) and height (mm 3400);
- The cost of the car is comparable to the cost of a promising tank;
- Only one simultaneously hit target;
- Accurate aimed fire is possible only when shooting 2-x guns at the same time;
- Large frontal projection of BMPT (due to the thighs of guns);
- High line of fire 57 mm guns;
- Sophisticated automatic loader;
- The overrun of shells due to the "pair" shot (compensated by a large ammunition);
- Side exhaust increases the visibility of the car;
Possible prospects for further modernization:
- Installation of a promising engine 6TD-5 with power 1800 hp (increase in power density to 29 hp / ton);
- Equipping the tower with a set of removable anti-cumulating grids, providing additional circular protection of the tower against RPG shots;
- A further increase in the size of the combined armor of the tower due to the new modules of armor, because increasing its size does not prevent the mechanic from leaving BMPT through the rear ramp;
- Installation of the standard active protection complex (KAZ);
- Creation of an alternative ZSU based on BMPT-100, firing 57-mm UAS shells and anti-aircraft missiles (presumably, ZSU should be as close as possible to BMPT for the enemy to misinform);
- Integration of the remote control system of the machine (for special operations in the “hottest spots” without threatening the crew’s life), thanks to electrical control systems, video surveillance channels and a rather large automatic loader 57 mm guns (168 shots).
- Installation of promising power units-power units (based on fuel cells), generating electricity for traction motors and on-board network due to chemical reaction of the fuel;
- The use of electromagnetic or electrochemical guns.