Military Review

One of the "STORM"


With the current loads that fall on the share of Russian special forces, it is difficult to imagine a professional with a service of twenty or more years. One of such long-livers of Group A is Colonel Alexander Repin, who celebrated his 2013 anniversary in December 60.


Alexander Georgievich came to Alfa thirty-five years ago - in 1978. This was the second set. The subdivision became more complex, and the tasks before it became more complicated. The country was on the verge of a wave of terrorism that swept through it in the 1980's. Ahead was the Moscow Olympics-80. Under these conditions, the leadership of the Committee decided to increase the number of the “Andropov group”.

But first, Repin had to get into the KGB. Alexander Georgievich came to the Committee for operational work in 1975 year. "Recruited", as he puts it, through a special department of the military enlistment office. The scheme is classic for those times.

Alexander G. 4 was born on December 1953 of the year in a working-class family. Muscovite. Mom, Zinaida Kuzminichna, nee Kostina, worked all her life in the medical industry. His father, Georgy Andreevich Repin, was drafted into the army in 1940, and went through the Great Patriotic War, served in anti-aircraft artillery.

Repin Sr. fought on different fronts: Western, Voronezh, Stepnoy, 2-m Ukrainian. He was awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, I degree, the Red Star (twice), the medal "For Military Merit."

One of the "STORM"

Award sheet on the corporal Georgy Repin, father of Alexander Georgievich. May 1945 of the year. Central Archive of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation

In the award sheet dated May 1945, we read: “April 15, 1945 in the area of ​​Novo Bilovice - Czechoslovakia and April 17, 1945 in the area of ​​Gustopece - Austria during an enemy raid aviation he quickly loaded the cannon into the battle formations of artillery and, with his work, helped bring down two enemy aircraft, preventing the bombing of our units.

25 April 1945 in the Brno - Czechoslovakia area, the gun fired at enemy firing points, comrade. Repin under the intense fire of the enemy quickly loaded the weapon, giving the opportunity to fire at the enemy.

In the battles for Brno, 25 was severely injured on April 1945 and was treated in a hospital.

Worthy of the government award of the Order of the Red Star.

The commander of the 1370 anti-aircraft artillery regiment is Lieutenant Colonel Ambrazevich. "

After demobilization, Georgy Andreevich returned to his peaceful profession - he worked as a scribe in state institutions. He died suddenly when his son, a member of the KGB special forces, was studying at the Field Training Center.

For a start, being outside the state, Alexander Repin visited a safe flat in Moscow once a week for two years, where he and others were taught the basics of operational work: identifying people from a photograph, drawing up a verbal and psychological portrait, identifying a person in a crowded place (in line at the ticket office, at the train station, at the demonstration).

With the future "outsiders" practiced motor skills and visual memory. They studied the city, drew from the memory of the street scheme according to the house numbers. We learned to think of possible escape routes both for ourselves and for the likely object of hidden surveillance.

After that, like many of his future comrades in Group A, Repin studied in the famous (in narrow circles) Leningrad 401 Special School of the KGB. There they continued to polish the nuances and subtleties of external observation - the basics of make-up, masking, dressing techniques on the go, the art of operational driving and outdoor observation of the steering wheel.

Says the president of the International Association of veterans of anti-terror units "Alpha" Colonel Sergey Skorokhvatov (Kiev):

- 30 August 1975, I was enrolled in the KGB and sent to the Leningrad 401 10th Special School, where I studied for a year. We lived in a hostel on the avenue of power engineers. A guy from Simferopol housed with me, the second was from Leningrad, and the third was from Moscow. His name was Shura Repin. Now he is styled Alexander Georgievich. Vice-president of the International Association of veterans of special forces "Alpha". Member of the storming of the palace of Amin, holder of the Order of the Red Banner. Colonel

We were friends with Shura, we went in for sports together. He was a candidate for master of sports in sambo. When in Leningrad there were frosts for minus thirty, only the two of us went out for a morning jog and cut circles on the concrete road around the stadium. No one dared anymore. Together with Repin, we did practical work, worked in the same outfit.

Many years have passed, but their friendship continues. Colonel Repin himself is one of those who in Moscow are jokingly called the envoys of the Ukrainian Alpha.

But back in the 1970-e years.

- After driving ten thousand kilometers behind the wheel, having passed all the exams for tolerances "A" and "B" in the form of the KGB, I was enrolled in the 3 department of the Seventh Directorate of the KGB of the USSR. There I honestly "plowed" for three years. We worked mainly on dissidents.

- Can you name anyone?

- One of those whom we “took care of” was academician Andrei Dmitrievich Sakharov. Such then was the political climate in the country, and such was the indication of the top leadership. He was an uncomplicated “client” and did not deliver any problems.


In the special forces of Lubyanka, Repin turned out to be on the recommendation of his first immediate commander for the Seventh KGB Directorate, Mikhail Mikhailovich Romanov. He in 1977 year, became deputy commander of Group "A".

By the way, Colonel Repin completed his service in the Group in 1998, being the head of the 2nd department of the "A" Department. Already in another country, in a different political system, but in the same unit that survived the scrapping historical epochs.

“It was Romanov who suggested that I go to Group A,” specifies Alexander Georgievich. - It was said in plain text. I knew that there was such a group in the KGB, but what exactly she did, I had no idea. When Romanov explained that the “Ashnikov” profile is the fight against terrorism, I nodded with understanding, although, in truth, what terrorism is, I did not know or imagined superficially. Since that time, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge, and terrorism, as we knew it in the Soviet Union, has grown out of the “cradle”, becoming a monstrous monster.

To get to Group "A", only the recommendation of Romanov was not enough. It was necessary to go through a sieve of medical and credentials commissions, as well as basic testing. I succeeded, and in 1978, I was enrolled in a unit. Qualification - sniper. In addition to shooting, I mastered everything that was supposed to know and be able to be an ordinary employee of the antiterror group, including parachute jumping, special tactical training and driving skills of military equipment.

For people from outside, Alexander Georgievich was “an instructor of physical culture at the Luch Research Institute. This was completely combined with his daily lifestyle in the eyes of neighbors: everyone knew that Repin was a sports man, often went to competitions. By the way, each of the division employees then had their own legend.

In order to maintain the legend, the personnel department of the “office” regularly sent Repin by mail holiday greetings from the Luch Research Institute ...

The first operation, in which Ensign Repin had a chance to participate, took place not in some distant business trip, but in Moscow in the territory of the American embassy. Group A employees needed to neutralize the mentally abnormal Kherson-born Yuri Vlasenko. He threatened to undermine an improvised explosive device in the event that he was not given the opportunity to fly overseas.

Repin was assigned the role of sniper observer. However, he did not have to shoot a terrorist, Major Sergey Golov made it out of a silent pistol.


In the team "Thunder", which 27 December 1979 of the year stormed the palace of the Afghan dictator Amin, Ensign Alexander Repin was the youngest fighter - twenty-six years.

A group of participants of the upcoming assault on the palace of Amin. Extreme right in the first row - Ensign Alexander Repin. Kabul, 27 December 1979 of the year

In the team of the Seventh KGB Directorate, Ensign Repin was at a training camp in the Moscow Region of Mescherino. Engaged in triathlon: hand-to-hand combat, orienteering and shooting. A telephone call to him urgently called in the unit. I got to Moscow on a ride. I rushed to the base, and there was already vanity, lists of people going abroad were being compiled.

“It may be necessary to protect the embassy,” Repin suggested on the way home, where he was released until evening. “However, what to guess, the time will come, and the authorities will bring what is needed.”

Prior to that, "quiet" talk was going on that the storming would have to take a handsome palace located on a high, steep hill, directly above the location of the "Muslim battalion." Modern view of the Taj Beck and the surrounding panorama

At the time of the events in Kabul, Alexander Georgievich was formally a bachelor, the future keeper of the home hearth, Tatiana, was not yet Repina. However, during the time that they met, Tanya had already become accustomed to the frequent anxieties for which Sasha was called into the service (she knew that he served in the KGB, although she did not represent exactly where in which department of the Committee she was).

And there were a lot of alarms in Group “A”. It was checked, first of all, the speed of the collection of employees at the unit's home base.

“I used to come home from duty, only take a nap, and then the multiton beeps: a training alert!” - recalls Alexander G.

And in those years, Group A employees were often sent on a business trip to the Field Training Center of the Border Guards of the KGB of the USSR in the Yaroslavl Region. "Alpha" at that time did not have its training base. The need for a large number of field classes was due to the fact that many employees did not have a military education, but only a special one.

“You see, the alarm was played again, you have to go to the training center,” Alexander Tatiana grieved. But they were planning to celebrate New Year together. She did not believe the words about the training center, but she did not submit it. Although felt that Sasha says not all. Especially since he usually left on business trips in the morning, and here, it turned out, he looked at night.

“We realized that we were flying somewhere to the south when we were given a tropical sand-colored shape,” recalls Colonel Repin. “After all, those guys who had already been to Afghanistan by that time did not say anything about the details.” All gathered in the Lenin's room and announced that we were going on a business trip. Each was given a bottle of vodka and a set of equipment: body armor, reinforced BC, automatic, gun. I also got a SVD sniper rifle. We took quite a lot of warm things, because the previous shift warned: "You are not welcome there." To tell the truth, the nights in Afghanistan are very cold in the winter, and we, besides the fact that we were very warm in our clothes, were warm with vodka to sleep.

We departed December 22 "Andropov's board" from the Chkalovsky military airfield near Moscow. Before the flight, Seryoga Kuvylin managed to photograph us, despite the prohibitions of special persons. He then shot us - there, in Bagram, and in the "Muslim battalion." If it were not for him, then there would not have been any photographic memory of the Kabul operation.

... As already noted, according to legend, Group A employees left for Yaroslavl to study. Until the new Year. When they crossed the state border, the pilots turned off the side lights and the interior light. Group A employees took their places at the portholes with weapons in case of shelling of the board when landing at the base of the Afghan Air Force in Bagram.

Initially, no tasks were assigned to them. Flew, settled in a cold barracks. Spent reconnaissance. Nothing, at first glance, did not foreshadow full-scale hostilities. The streets were calm, no signs of the “Second Stage of the Saur Revolution.”

Alexander G. recalls the situation in the team before setting the task - cheerful, friendly. No discouragement and pessimism.

“The next day, upon arrival, we set off to shoot a weapon.” My teacher was Mikhail Golovatov. He prepared me well. I understood that the whole outcome of the operation could depend on the effectiveness of the sniper. And I already knew that in a mountain rarefied air a bullet flies along a different trajectory, as if drawing itself to the ground. Therefore, before the work it was necessary to understand what the excess, to make amendments on the sights. We did it.

In addition to the employees of Alpha, from which the non-standard assault group Grom was composed, the special forces of the KGB Zenit (commanded by Yakov Semyonov) were to take part in the assault. It consisted of special reserve officers, as well as employees of republican and regional departments of the KGB, who underwent intensive training in Balashikha during the advanced training courses for the operational staff (KUOS).

Approximately looked like the palace of Amin from the standpoint of the "Muslim battalion", where the soldiers were placed "Thunder"

The Muslim battalion, staffed by the natives of Central Asia (headed by Major Habib Khalbayev), also received its task of assault. The “Thunder” fighters announced that the “musbat” would provide vehicles (infantry fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers) with drivers, gunner operators and machine commanders for their delivery to the palace. Finally, the company of the Airborne Forces, under the command of Senior Lieutenant Valeriy Vostrotin, also had to provide support.

- They settled us in one of the “musbat” barracks. The food in the battalion was well organized, and I remember that I slept all nights spent near Kabul, great. Nothing bothered. When in the evening of December 26 some of the future party and state leaders of Afghanistan were taken to “musbat”, they were not shown to anyone. Hid in a separate room, in the most inconspicuous corner of the location of the battalion.

In addition to external security of the “musbat” itself, along the perimeter of the room, where they hid unknown persons, they also set up guards. Volodya Grishin and I were assigned to the guard for the night. I remember it was very cold, and we envied with black envy our employees Kolya Shvachko and Pasha Klimov, who closed with unknown people from the inside. As we suspected, they drank tea with them or something stronger. So that last night passed, - recalls Colonel Repin.

The next day, the commander of the “Thunder”, Mikhail Romanov, informed his people that he had received an order to take by storm the residence of the President of Afghanistan and destroy the “X-man.” As Colonel Repin notes, no special political work has been carried out, but simply said that “unhealthy forces” are rushing to power in a friendly country and need to be helped to stop them.

Prior to that, the “excursionists” team already had quiet conversations that the storming will have to take a handsome palace, located on a high, steep hill, just above the location of the “Muslim battalion” - in a fifteen minute serpentine drive.

By order of Mikhail Romanov, the Thunder fighters began to put together assault ladders. They also began to “chase” the equipment so that the guard of the palace got used to the noise of combat vehicles, and carried out the much-needed reconnaissance.

- All this I seriously did not take then because of youth. No, I understood, of course, that real combat work was to come. I had to be ready to shoot, including at live targets. But until the moment of landing from the BMP, I did not imagine what kind of hell I expected. By evening, we were distributed among the crews, armed, put on body armor. One hundred grams of frontline took ...

This was the Taj Beck, aka Amin's Palace at the end of 1970's for the period of the operation "Storm-333"

And go! Generally, that day flew by for me very quickly. Consciousness flashes from explosions, a barrage of fire ... All around it burns, everything shoots and rumbles.

Before the storm itself, an employee of the Ninth KGB Directorate arrived at the location of the “Thunder”. He brought a plan of the Taj Beck, explained where things are, answered questions. From this point on, Alpha employees began to imagine a plan of future actions.

The team, which meant the onset of exit time, was not long in coming ...

Special Forces men lined up, and Major Romanov conducted orientation on the terrain: “This is where the north is, and if anything, we will go there. Because in case of failure ... we will have to act ourselves, and no one will say that we are members of the special forces of the Soviet Union, ”Mikhail Mikhailovich finished the briefing on such a“ optimistic ”note.

Sounded the team: "By car!"

December 27 19 hours 15 minutes special forces rushed to the palace Amin. When they saw at the guard posts that the BMP and BTR did not respond to their demands to stop, shelling began. As the approaching convoy opened fire and guarding the Taj Beck from large-caliber machine guns and grenade launchers. Soon the first wrecked BTR appeared, which had to be pushed off the road in order to free the rest to the passage.

“When landing, I noticed that Kozlov was sitting down without a bullet-proof vest,” recalls Alexander Georgievich. - Now I think that he knew more than us and assumed that we do not care n ... n. I was in armor, in a "Tigovsky" helmet of Austrian production. He was armed with a submachine gun, a pistol, RPG-7 and SVD. By the way, I never got it from the BMP. As soon as we approached the palace, several thousand invisible men, armed with hammers, surrounded our BMP and began to ring out, deafeningly to thresh on armor. It was a hail of bullets that hit the battle machine. We sat and listened to these "hammers."


The general leadership of the “Thunder” fighters who, in infantry fighting vehicles, “spun” along serpentine around the hill where Amin’s palace towered, was carried out by Major Mikhail Romanov. Together with him, Alexander Repin, Yevgeny Mazayev, Gleb Tolstikov and the future commander of Vympel, captain of 5 rank Evald Kozlov, and Asadulla Sarvari, one of the closest associates of Babrak Karmal, were in the 2 BMP.

Group A employees are participants of the Storm-333 and Baikal-79 operations. Sits Alexander Repin. Photo taken in 1980, during the conduct of Nikolai Vasilyevich Berlev

- On the approaches to the object due to the padded Afghan bus there was a hitch. The bus had to go around. In obedience to the order, I pressed the button, opened the hatch and literally fell out onto the asphalt. They landed. Lay down and started the fight. “Shilki”, unfortunately, helped us a little. Their intense fire covered a small part of the Taj Beck.

As soon as I touched the ground, something painfully struck my legs and warm water flowed down my left shin ... I didn’t attach any importance to it right away. The body mobilized to accomplish the task - it was necessary to extinguish the enemy firing points, to cover the guys who were ahead. Zhenya Mazaev and I immediately opened fire from machine guns on the windows of the palace, while behind the parapets. Before the porch of the building was about twenty-five meters, and I saw the results of my work. From the two windows after I had fired them, it fell on the guardsman.

We worked for about fifteen minutes. Then Romanov commanded: "To the car!" He decided to jump on the armor to the very porch of the palace. I took a step and suddenly my legs refused me ... What the hell ?! I settled on my right knee, tried to get up, but neither the right nor the left obeyed me. Consciousness is in perfect order, and the pain is not felt. Shouted to Mazaev: “Zhenya! I can't go! ”

The guys rushed to the BMP in the direction of the main entrance, and I was left alone in an open, sweep place, all in the same twenty meters from the Taj Beck. I realized that I was seriously wounded by a grenade that exploded under my very feet. Out of anger, he shot all five shots of the RPG-7 at the windows of the palace, after which he somehow began to hobble to his walls. I moved on my knees. Around all rumbled and crackled. They beat “Shilki” from behind, the front defenders of Taj Bek. As I did not kill in this hell - I will not put my mind to it.

Colonel Repin at the grave of Captain Dmitry Volkov, who died in Kabul. Moscow. 27 December 2009 of the year

Got to the side porch. On the steps sat Gene Kuznetsov, also wounded. “You wait here,” I shout to him, “and now I’ll drive for the cartridges, otherwise I’ve run out of me.” - "I will share with you, just perebintuy my leg." What I did. As it turned out in a field hospital, I bandaged both legs from top to bottom - and healthy ones too (the doctors then laughed heartily). However, this gave Kuznetsov, who was in a state of fever, additional forces - and we went further. On the assault.

Yes, one more thing. Reloaded, I climbed onto the platform, brightly lit by a searchlight of the palace. The perfect target! Only after I was brought back to reality by the loud mat of Fedoseyev, did I return to Gennady and already equipped the stores there, behind the columns.

There were still about ten meters to the main entrance, which we - two invalids, Kuznetsov and Repin - still overcame in half. At the entrance we were met by colleagues from Zenit and said: “Let's row to Emyshev!” Kuznetsov stayed with Petrovich, who was soaked in the lobby, and I stumbled to the main staircase, where I again faced the delighted Mazaev. He smiled at me and shouted: “Mihalych (Romanov) told me that you already had n ... n!” I felt funny too. I thought, "Well, I'll live again." It has already become known that the “Chief” is the end. Aminov Guards began to surrender.

So 27 December 1979, the special forces of the KGB and the Ministry of Defense carried out an operation that had every chance to end in a deafening, extremely painful failure. Her success was formed from many factors, multiplied by luck, a real spetsnaz fart.

It is not for nothing that the commander of Group A, Lieutenant Colonel Gennady Zaitsev, did not give any indulgences during the planned classes, accustoming subordinates to iron army discipline! It’s not in vain that the “Alfovites” learned to shoot from any position, including at night on sound and on flashes of light, threw grenades with a two-second delay, were tested tanks, jumped with parachutes, long and a lot of preparing for actions in groups in buildings, until the seventh sweat they trained in gyms and on an obstacle course ...

In addition, only those who knew how to overcome fear, who were ready for the Motherland and people in distress, lay down their heads were selected in Group “A” ...

Feeling the precariousness of the situation and the uncertainty of the outcome of the operation, Yuri Andropov sent the Ultima ratio regis to Kabul. In other words, the last argument of the KGB. His Group "A", reporting directly to the head of the Committee, as well as to General Yuri Drozdov, a front-line soldier who had just arrived from New York and was appointed head of Office "C" (illegal intelligence).

The contribution of this man with “gray, roguish eyes” (as described by the CIA) to the development of a plan to seize a fortified area in the Dar-ul-Aman area is difficult to overestimate. And the veterans of Group A, who were in Taj Bek, remembered forever the tall, lean figure of General Drozdov - in a light raincoat and with the German "Schmeisser" on his shoulder, standing near the entrance to the fallen Amin Palace.

Alexander Repin in the group of veterans "Alpha" recruitment 1970-s

Colonel Repin continues his story:

- Romanov ordered me to go to the hospital together with other wounded - Bayev, Fedoseyev and Kuznetsov. Together with us was the body of the killed Kuznechenkov Soviet physician, one of two physicians who, not knowing about the upcoming operation, pumped out Amin, who was poisoned, as they say, by an introduced agent of Soviet intelligence.

On the way, we, as expected, got lost and almost drove into the barracks of Amin's guardsmen. But that is not all. At the entrance to the embassy, ​​our own paratroopers fired at us. I rescued again with vigorous Russian mate! At the embassy, ​​alarmed like a beehive, everyone stood on their ears. The wives of our diplomats wept, looking at the wounded Special Forces soldiers. We were operated on, and the next day a special board was sent to Tashkent.

New, 1980 year we met in Uzbekistan. Then we walked well! The local comrades from the KGB of the Uzbek SSR rendered us every assistance in this, creating all the conditions. And only there they let us go ... There, in the hospital, my friends and I began to realize what it was! Forgetting about the injuries, we danced with joy that we survived in the December hell near Kabul. Seryoga Kuvylin, not paying attention to his foot crippled by the tracks of the BMP, “roasted” Gopak! The next day, his leg ached, but it was nothing ...

It was still funny with Gena Kuznetsov: we rolled him out on a wheelchair into the corridor to set the table in the ward, and then forgot sober and hungry. He yelled at us and pounded from the corridor - it's no use! We remembered about him when everyone had already drunk.

Two days later, just before the operation, I lost consciousness in the corridor. Went and fell. I woke up on the operating table, where I had to remove the remaining small fragments from my legs. Everything, by the way, was not deleted. Seven pieces left.


For participation in Operation Storm-333, Alexander G. was awarded the Order of the Red Banner. Among his awards is the sign “Honorary Counterintelligence Officer”, which is awarded for special merits in operational activities and initiative and perseverance.

Alexander Georgievich at his portrait at the presentation of the exhibition "Faces of Special Forces" in the State Central Museum of Contemporary History of Russia. Moscow, November 2011 of the year. Photo by Nikolai Oleinikov

13 February 1980, Ensign Repin, married his beloved Tatiana. She bore him two daughters, Katya and Lena. As Alexander Georgievich emphasizes, he is pleased with his biography of the special forces officer and would not like otherwise.

- I found friends and comrades. Stayed alive where we all had to die. Many and successfully engaged in sports. He grew from an ordinary employee to the head of the department. I chose almost the entire length of service - twenty-one years, given to Group “A”. So I was lucky ... Lucky with work and my wife. Naturally, all my business trips after Afghanistan for Tanya were shocks. I think she still has not come to terms with everything that happened; I understand that she got more than me. Much more! But Tanya suffered.

- What operations did you remember the most?

- They are all memorable in their own way. Both Afghanistan, and Budyonnovsk, and Pervomayskoye ... However, the perception of military operations changes with time. It's one thing when you are responsible only for yourself one and the specific task that is set before you. And it’s completely different when you, as a direct commander, are responsible for the lives of your employees and the success of your common cause. It is very painful and difficult to lose comrades. Near the White House on October 4, my collaborator Gennady Sergeev was killed. Then "Alpha" and "Vympel" saved the country from even more blood.

After the storming of the hospital of the Holy Cross (Budennovsk) in the department of Repin, there were two missing men - Lieutenants Dmitry Burdyaev and Dmitry Ryabinkin, many were injured. Two of its offices were not just under heavy, but under heavy fire of terrorists. In terms of density, it was comparable to the Taj Beck.

Leaders of the Commonwealth Group A, the KGB-FSB. 10 April 2008 of the year

The anti-terror fighters were in 20-30 meters from entrenched bandits, and they fired from well-equipped positions, and the Alf were tightly pressed to the ground, literally lined up.

Then there was a business trip to Dagestan - the release of hostages in Pervomaisk ...

- In 1998, I retired. There were proposals to continue serving in other divisions of the FSB, but I didn’t see myself anywhere except Alpha. Yes, and the family insisted ... You know, I often remember Kabul and see the same picture: how we open the BMP hatch and how everything around is filled with hellish noise and literally everything shoots us ... And how did we survive in this hell? But - survived!

I think that the main reason for our success is that the surprise factor worked. The guards still did not expect us. When you carry calm guard duty, you relax, vigilance is dulled, you do not expect surprises. Besides, just before our attack, the Guardsmen had a good dinner. For many, this dinner was the last.

If they waited for us, we could not even drive up to the palace - they simply burned the equipment, but they would have interrupted us during the assault ... Probably, it would have been possible to remove Amina in some other way. And the palace itself "roll out" rockets. However, the incident had to be presented as a “spontaneous popular uprising”. This is the reason why, before the assault, we were all dressed in Afghan uniform. And we didn’t have personal documents with us, - underlines Alexander Georgievich.


For many years, Colonel Repin has been a member of the Council of the International Association of Veterans of the Alfa anti-terror unit, conducting a large public work. He is the general director of the private security company Alfa-Moscow. Member of the Central Council of the All-Russian Federation of Applied Shooting. Married Hobbies - sports, fishing, work at the dacha.

The Vice-President of the International Association of Veterans of the Alpha anti-terror unit, Alexander Repin, opens the shooting competition in memory of the Hero of the Soviet Union VF Karpukhin. Moscow, December 23 2013 of the year

Agile, hardy, Alexander G. is the permanent captain of the veteran Alfa team in futsal. And the captain is not honorary, standing at the edge, and playing. And how!

The captain of the veteran team, Alexander Repin, who won the silver in the futsal Championship of the Office “A” of the CSF of the FSB of Russia. Pos. Moscow, July 19 2013 of the year

In the summer of 2013, on the eve of the next birthday of Alpha, in the village of Moskovsky (now it's new Moscow), the IV A-Championship of the Special Purpose Center of the FSB of Russia in mini-soccer was held.

The tournament was dedicated to the 39 anniversary of the formation of Group "A" of the KGB-FSB. From each department of the Department "A" a team was put up, as well as from veterans, the captain of which is traditionally the participant Colonel Repin.

The championship participants were divided into two subgroups. Matches were held in a tough and uncompromising struggle, with passion and sports rage. As it should be in this case. You no contractual meetings.

At the gala evening dedicated to the 15 anniversary of the assignment of gymnasium No. 7 named after Major Alpha Viktor Vorontsov. Voronezh City, 19 January 2013 of the year

Despite their age, the veterans of Group “A” managed to reach the final, where they lost to the 3 department of “A” fiercely attacking the team and won the silver medal.

"Alfovtsy" rightly believe that meetings on the football field with the participation of veterans and current employees contribute to mutual understanding and strengthening friendships between generations of the legendary division. And not only because this is a good training for acting fighters.

“Probably there is no other such military team,” says Alexander Georgievich, “where the traditions of military fraternity, the continuity of generations, the preservation of the memory of the fallen are so strong.” “Alfovskiy” spirit ... and this is by no means an abstract concept. The fact that we are together after the service, that our Association has actually been operating for more than twenty years, is a confirmation of this.

With Alexander Sergeyev, the son of Gennady Sergeyev, the officer of Group A, who died near the White House. Moscow, Nikolo-Arkhangelskoye cemetery. October 4 2013 of the year

- Firing from Alpha, you counted on the help of the veteran community?

- The factor of the Association is very important for the officers of Group "A". He instills confidence that after the completion of the service you will not be left alone with new realities and problems. You will help and advice, and deed. This is a serious guarantor of social security veteran special forces. This was the case during the period of default in 1998, it was also at the height of the international financial crisis and after it. This is an opportunity to remain in one’s society, in one’s environment, to be in constant contact with the combat unit.

Our Association really brings people together, despite existing, say, ambitions or interpersonal contradictions. I would compare it with fingers clenched into a strong fist. Together - we are force! But only when together. I have no doubt that with time this will be understood by our veteran “alpha” youth, who are knee-deep now.

Colonel Repin is among the group of participants of the 1 International Antiterror Forum before laying flowers on Mamayev Kurgan. Hero City Volgograd, 16 August 2013 of the year

... In the autumn of 2010, on the eve of the birthday of Hero of the Soviet Union VF Karpukhin, the 4th pistol shooting tournament among Group A veterans was held in Moscow. The winner was Colonel Repin. And although this year he was not in the top three, his name opens the list of gold winners listed for the Challenge Cup. Now Vladimir Berezovets, Vyacheslav Prokofiev and Alexander Mikhailov have joined him.

In the middle of August, 2013, in the Hero City of Volgograd, aka Tsaritsyn - Stalingrad, under the auspices of the Alpha Association, the 1 International Antiterror Forum was held, bringing together professionals from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. Among its participants was Colonel Repin, who was welcomed in the Hall of Military Glory with prolonged applause.

Each profession, if it is given a heart, strengthens a person, emphasizes his personal, human dignity, strengthens the natural resource - vitality. Such is Colonel Alexander Repin.

Veterans and current employees of Group A of the KGB-FSB heartily congratulate their comrade on the 60 anniversary and wish him happiness, good luck in all his endeavors - and, of course, strong special forces health!
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must sign in.
  1. Stiletto
    Stiletto 15 January 2014 09: 14
    With all due respect, I was still waiting for the author to "steer" to storm Amin's palace. I communicate a lot with people from other regions, including "special" people. So in every region, in every power block, yes, there must be an uncle who "took demons alive" in this notorious palace. Without in any way belittling the merits of the hero of the publication, I want to note that according to such layouts, at least ten thousand people stormed Amin's palace. winked
    1. SSR
      SSR 15 January 2014 23: 17
      Do not be "nervous" please, here about the storming of Amin's palace exactly 0.3% is just a tale about a specific person and not about the storming of the palace.
  2. Jaros81
    Jaros81 15 January 2014 10: 32
    Sorry for the offtopic. The topic is about the special forces. Well, and now I decided ... Then someone asked about the "Alpha" in more detail. Well - Mikhail Boltunov "Alpha - death to terror. Read it, you won't regret it ...
  3. Russ69
    Russ69 15 January 2014 12: 36
    Interesting article...
    1. Sosland
      Sosland 16 January 2014 01: 51
      The article is not unambiguous, plus I cannot put it to it with all due respect to the author. I can remember many stories about carelessness and luck. Group "A" for me is the standard of Professionalism and I want it to remain so in the future.
  4. SIT
    SIT 15 January 2014 15: 07
    It’s okay in someone else’s form, but without documents with a weapon in hand in the event of capture, execution immediately after interrogation. the status of a prisoner of war does not apply to such. Farsi, it seems, too, none of them owned. Which of them are "indignant Afghans"? Why take such a risk when planning the operation? Indeed, in case of failure, it would be immediately revealed that they are from the Union. Amin was poisoned, but the doctors were not removed from the palace and they pumped him out, so another of the doctors was killed in addition. Something really quite some kind of confusion.
    1. Black
      Black 15 January 2014 17: 56
      Quote: SIT
      Something really quite a mess.

      You, apparently, judge only those events by this article ...
      Did you notice that the operation was carried out not in May Day, but in an independent, sovereign state?
      This "confusion" entered the annals of the actions of the special forces ...
  5. leks
    leks 15 January 2014 20: 12
    Honor and Glory to such people !!!
  6. Same lech
    Same lech 16 January 2014 11: 17
    Interesting men, seemingly unremarkable, you pass by not paying attention.
    1. Duke
      Duke 26 February 2014 01: 15
      I join with all due respect.
    2. Dr. David Livesey
      Dr. David Livesey 20 November 2017 19: 16
      And you can imagine: the gopniks are squatting, and here such an uncle is thin and mustachioed, the question "dear, give us money for whitefish" can become fatal)))
  7. Ursus
    Ursus 21 January 2014 00: 05
    Respect the hero of the article!