The lives of ordinary soldiers who forge victory and die on the battlefield.
And it does not matter - this is your soldier or enemy soldier.
In this story, I will talk about the everyday side of the militaryhistorical reconstruction, because it, as a rule, the bulk of the audience does not see.
First, about the life of the Red Army
People relate differently to renovations and reenactors. Some do not understand this hobby, some are picky and complain about well-groomed faces and a clean, unworn shape, some accept it as it is.
In short, I will say the following about this - for these people it is a great hobby, like photography, traveling, snowboarding or football for some. Modernity faces and some neatness of form? We live in the 2013 year, not in the 1943, so it’s worth taking it as it is. And the historical accuracy of the form, signs of distinction, weapons and the various little things that they look for authentic, make replicas and sew themselves. And this does not mean that people should wear rags, as some believe. Believe me, by the end of the battle the form looks very dirty, often burned and torn. Having returned to their usual life, people repair it, wash it and prepare it for the next reconstruction. In the post about the fight you will see how everything happens.
In this post I will show the everyday side of life for people passionate about historical reconstruction.
I know, I was distracted, but I wanted to start with this little preface.
2. The rise in the army, in 6.30 in the morning. First verification, then morning exercises.
Each unit determines for itself how accurately it follows the service, the daily routine and how it happens in the army. There are units in which this is all very strict.
3. Soldier, do not yawn!
4. Marines are being squeezed out while ordinary infantry are telling bikes
4. After charging time, the soldiers have to tidy themselves up, as well as their uniforms. Construction soon
5. The soldiers are hemmed. The cleanliness of the collar will be checked on the construction
6. Guns gunner. Epaulettes Rifle. A gun
7. Duty company in the early morning in the kitchen. Where are the soldiers without peeling potatoes?
8. Breakfast time...
9. Even samovars with boots can be found
10. The queue for soldier porridge. Unlike the soldiers of the Red Army, the Czech soldiers do not have bowlers, but bowls with mugs
11. Czech officer eats from the pan, where he cooked his own breakfast on the fire
12. To make porridge tastier
13. Before building
14. Team "Staanovis" and everyone is in a hurry
15. Fighters make a plan for the day. Today is the rehearsal of the main battle that will take place the next day.
16. Caps, helmets and overcoats
18. Signalers are pulling the phone cable
19. Sappers make crossing to the other side
20. New girls in the medical battalion are taught to transport the wounded
21. In the war for many, this bag with a red cross became a salvation
22. Gun cleaning.
23. Mosin rifle bolt.
24. After working out all the elements of the battle, you can remove the knapsacks and relax before dinner.
25. And smoke ...
26. Where are the soldiers without pussy with tobacco
27. Someone was lucky. They will draw the artist
28. Someone is sleeping ...
29. ... someone plays chess ...
30. And the commanders are satisfied with the preparation and rehearsal. The next day, thousands of people will see the fight, in which about 1,5 thousand people will take part.
And now - the Germans
In contrast to the camp of the Red Army, which was based in a tent camp, German troops stationed in trenches and dugouts.
That November 1943 of the year, German troops occupied defensive positions on the left bank of the Dnieper, entrenching themselves tightly, and Soviet troops waged an offensive war, constantly changing their deployment, which explains the difference between the camps of the two opposing sides in this reconstruction.
If you ask me how much more pictures there are from the German camp, I will answer this way. First, it is much more difficult to get into it, even to a participant in the reconstruction, not in German form, than to the Soviet camp; secondly, the Germans have much more different interesting little things, because their preparation for war and the forethought of everything from buttons to weapons was much higher than ours; and thirdly, in my opinion, it is much more difficult to organize your life and life in the trenches than in a huge military tent ...
In general, see for yourself.
2. So, the Germans live in the trenches and dugouts. And I must say that they settled there is not even very bad, with a certain comfort, they crack their sausage and are perfectly calm and are preparing to repel the attacks of the Red Army.
3. But ... to settle in, they had to work well with their hands and shovels
4. First, dig trenches, combine them into a complex defensive system, arrange communication lines, organize defensive, residential cells, team dugouts, kitchens, warehouses, etc.
5. In addition to the shovel, a lot of work had to be done with another trench tool - saws and axes
6. Germans, such Germans. That child labor is used. The guy is a member of the Ukrainian liberation army, which actively assisted the Germans in 1943-1945.
7. The morning did not work ....
8. Here is a living cell in one of the lines of defense. This is the 8 man’s tent, which consists of a pit, rafters and a German raincoat, called Zeltbahn, fastened together as a roof.
9. This is a living cell on a 4 person inside. The canopy - four zelban, inside a small stove-stove, which was transported in a wagon train, bed, blankets and firewood
10. A simple soldier belongings. So they lived. In the next reconstruction I will try to live not in the Russian camp, as usual, but in such conditions. It will be an interesting experience and stories.
11. The second "room".
12. German soldier resting in a residential dugout
13. Morning coffee. Where a nurse, there are many experienced soldiers and recruits
14. In German trenches
15. One of the headquarters cells. Here is the site of communication.
16. Reconstructors, tell me what kind of receiver
17. And this is the main communication center. Interestingly, the equipment is functioning!
18. Officer demonstrates his work
19. Wires, headphones, pen for Morse code
20. Near the shield reviews and suggestions poster with pictures.
21. Axes in the deck, saws and shovels to the side, the Germans have lunch and rest according to schedule. Despite everything. Ordnung.
22. Our carrots are eaten ....
23. And some are also baked pancakes, taking away from the aunt's milk on the way to the camp
24. Tea and chocolate
25. Here love the stew
26. Eat, eat, not long left ...
27. And talk ???
28. Fighter of the Ukrainian liberation army under the command of Omelyanovich-Pavlenko
29. And someone does not eat, thinks sad thoughts ... Clamp them on all frogs
30. The soldier sleeps - the service goes
31. Two-chamber German assistant girl
32. Looks like ....
33. In the first line of defense. There are sentries and all the weapons at the ready.
34. Lanterns. The night is coming soon
35. Dish shelf
37. In the hall.
38. So the Germans trampled our land
39. The policemen. There are such characters here.
40. Entrance to the warehouse of one of the units.
41. Here are ammunition, fuel, drinking water and a bike.
42. The bike is interesting, this is the original pre-war issue. I will tell about it later
43. Frozen .... In the morning it was not hot
44. Brave German assistant
45. On the bank of the Dnieper patrols go. Better not to fall
46. At nightfall, gendarmes are everywhere. Actually there is a bandwidth mode and the red ones are captured)
47. At least document check
49. Build. Tomorrow fight.
50. In the meantime, the Germans light lanterns and enjoy a quiet evening.
51. Tomorrow they will be swept away from here to such a mother.
List of "German" military history clubs
WIG "Wiking" (MOO KK "KZ") - 23 people.
VIG "98 Mining and Chasseur Regiment" (MOOK "KZ") - 28 people.
VIG "1. (Sturm) Zug.4./Inf.Rgt.GD" (MOO KK "KZ") - 12 people.
VIG "4./Gebirgsjager Rgt. 91 "(MOO KK" KZ ") - 6 people.
VIG FORZA ITALIA (Kiev) - 10 people
The self-propelled technical club (1 / SS-Nachr.Abt.2 Das Reich) (Kharkiv) - 9 people.
VIG "Elba" (2.Kp./SS-Aufkl.Abt. "Totenkopf") (Odessa) - 18 people.
VIC "1. (Sturm) Zug.4./Inf.Rgt.GD ”(Cherkasy) - 4 people.
NGO "East Shaft" - 25 people.
GIG Geb. Aufkl. Abt. 94 (Dneprorpetrovsk) - 7 people.
N.Zg.Pi.Btl.175, Pionierbau kompanie 97 (ukr) (Lviv) - 13 people.
VIG "5. / 122 IR ”(Sevastopol) - 8 people.
VIC "Panzergrenadery" (Kiev-Moscow) - 11 people.
OVIK LEIBGWARDIA (LSSAH, 134 inf. Reg. WH, FGT 421 trupp) (Moscow) - 20 pers.
VIC "22 Infantry Regiment" (ROIPO "Milestones in the History of the Fatherland") (Moscow) - 34 people
VIG 3 / SS-Pz.AA5 (Samara) - 5 people
ROO "Stalingrad Army Don" (29.Infanterie-Division (mot.)) (Volgograd) - 9 people.
VIC "2 Kompanie Grenadier Regiment Inf.-Div. (m) Großdeutschland ”(Rostov-on-Don) - 13 people.
VIG "Infanterie - Regiment 685" (Taganrog) - 6 people.
GIG “Comrades in Arms” GIG “Deutschland” (1./SS-Pz.Gre.Rgt.3 “Deutschland” /2.SS-Pz.Gre.Div. “Das Reich”) (Minsk) - 11 man .
GUIR "Ordnungdienst" (Minsk) - 3 people.
VIC “EPOHA” (2./Inf. Rgt. 9 / 23 Inf.Div.) (Minsk) - 5 people.
VIKO “Honor of the uniform” (Gomel) - 16 people.
VIC "Latviešu karavīrs" (Latvia) - 6 people
N. Khramova (photographer) (Moscow) - 1 people.
Total in KG "KIEW" - 303
VIG "1./Pionier-Bataillon 168" (MOO KK "KZ") - 12 people.
VIG "1./L.SS.AH" (MOO KK "KZ") - 11 people.
VIG "2 / Pz.AA.GD, Wehrmacht" (MOO CC "KZ") - 12 people.
VIG "Feldgendarmerie-Trupp 404" (MOO KK "KZ") - 8 people.
VIG "VERTICAL" (MOO KK "KZ") - 16 people.
WITK "Techno Legend" (Lviv) - 5 people.
3./FJR3 (MOO KK "KZ") - 14 people.
VIG 2SS-Pz.Gre.Rgt.3 Deutschland /1.SS-Pz.Gre.Div. "Das Reich" (Kiev) - 4 people.
GIG "Grenadier (Lviv) - 15 people.
TIG "Aufklärungs-Abteilung 1" (Konotop) - 12 people.
Grig Fallschirm-Pionier-Bataillon 1 (Exactly) - 8 people.
VIG "Path of the Warrior" 1Aufklarung-Abteilung mot.3 (Konotop) - 11 people.
4 / Pz.Aufkl.Abt. '' GD '' (VIC ", Pikhotinets", VIC "Military valor", IPK "Zapad" (Lubny) - 37 people.
VIG "4./Inf.Rgt. GD "(Alchevsk) - 2 people.
VIC "Dobrovolodets" (Moscow) - 3 people.
MOO "VIC Citadel" (Kazan) - 3 people.
VIC “CITADEL” (2./SS-Pz.Jg.Abt.2. Da’s Reich ”) (Kaliningrad) - 1 people.
VIC "Danmark" (Voronezh) - 3 people.
VIG 1./Pz.Gren.Rgt.111 (Rostov region) - 8 people
BROO IPO "Search" (Blgorod) - 3 people.
VIC "WIR" (DRK) (St. Petersburg) - 1 people.
GVIR “Comrades in Arms” (215 IR 98st D) (Belarus) - 24 people.
CIG "Czech Group" (Czech Republic) - 2 people.
Total KG "DNJEPR" - 215
Total German side - 518
List of groups from the Red Army:
VIC "Victory Banner" Konotop
VIC "Southern Fort" Sevastopol
VIC "Bridgehead" —–
VIC "World War II" ——
VIC "HOUR" Sumy
VIC "SISVZ" Kiev and their member groups
"Shot" Kiev and their member groups
LLC "West" Khmelnitsky
ZOOO IPKVR "Warrior" Zaporozhye
TK "Faeton" ——
VIC "Military valor" Odessa
VIC "Defender" ——
TC "Samohod" Kharkov
VIC “Frontier” —–
VIC them. Kotlyarevsky ——-
VIC "Cherkasy" Nazarov group (inc. "Committee 103")
“VIC them. 279 Lisichansk rifle division” Lisichansk
VIKO “Honor of the uniform” Gomel
"Comrades in arms" Minsk
"4 VDK" —–
VIC "Epoch" ——
VIC “Garrison” Brest
“Milestones of the history of the Fatherland”
VIC RKKA Moscow (Krasnov)
“Milestones of the history of the Fatherland”
VIC “Brothers”, Moscow (A.Shulyatikov)
VOOO "VIC" Rod "Volgograd
DVIM Rostov on Don
VIC "Battalion" Kaluga
VIC "Citadel" Voronezh SPB
VIC "Front Line" Tallinn
"Front without flanks" Israel
Red Army Moldova Oleg Karaman
NGO "Sokolovo" Czech Republic
VIC "Red Army" SPB Fefilov.
RVIO Moscow including the group “Kavrazvedka RKKA” Zhukov
VIC "Front Line" Moscow