TFR "Fearless" serves in the Gulf of Aden.
The implementation of the requirements for the use of forces (troops) of the Navy, its role and place in the system of ensuring the state’s military security at the present stage and in the long term requires concentrating efforts on creating a qualitatively new fleet and technical equipment of the fleet.
- Viktor Viktorovich, what is the reason for the elaboration of views on the development of the Navy for such a long-term perspective - up to 2050? After all, there is and is operating HPV-2020.
- Fleet is a special organism. We must not forget that the Navy as a type of the Armed Forces is the most high-tech. Its development requires a well-thought shipbuilding program and continuous work of the scientific complex. Some maritime powers articulate the prospects for the development of their fleets ahead 100 years. This, in my opinion, is justified and expedient.
The goal of building and developing the Russian Navy for the period up to 2050 should be the creation of a fleet balanced in composition and combat capabilities capable, together with other types and types of troops of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, to ensure strategic nuclear and non-nuclear deterrence from aggression and protection of the national interests of the Russian Federation World ocean, military security of the country from ocean and sea directions.
Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Navy Admiral Viktor Chirkov.
To achieve this goal it is necessary to solve a number of tasks in the field of construction and development of the Navy.
Re-equipment of the Navy with modern (modernized) weapons, military and special equipment should be carried out, the necessary stocks should be created weapons and materiel.
Of key importance will be the development and introduction of promising models of weapons, military and special equipment, eliminating the backlog and ensuring the advance of the world's leading fleets in key areas.
A special place should be occupied by the improvement of the management system of fleet forces (troops) and its integration into the overall system of control of interspecific groupings of troops (forces) in theaters of military operations. This process is progressing well.
At a qualitatively new level, it is necessary to solve the problem of improving the system of basing and providing forces (troops) of the Navy.
The development of the Navy must be carried out as part of four fleets and the Caspian flotilla, four types of forces (troops) - submarine forces, surface forces, marine aviation, coastal troops.
Special attention should be paid to maintaining the combat potential of naval strategic nuclear forces at a given level. Their construction and development should be continued as part of the two groups of strategic nuclear submarines - the Northern and Pacific fleets.
An important direction for the development of the Navy should be the creation of general purpose naval forces grouped with long-range precision weapons capable of solving strategic non-nuclear deterrence by threatening the enemy’s critical military and economic targets, while maintaining the proper strength of the naval personnel in the Navy’s tasks. which in the future will comprise multi-functional ships of the ocean (far) and near-sea zone of the modular console ruktsii. In the future, it is necessary to ensure the creation of highly maneuverable heterogeneous shock forces of the Navy, capable of quickly regrouping to threatened areas.
Achieving a qualitative growth in the combat capabilities of the Navy can be achieved through the introduction of promising (breakthrough) innovative technologies (artificial intelligence systems, unmanned aerial vehicles, marine robotic systems, non-lethal weapons, and new physical principles).
It is necessary to create a single (integrated) jam-proof control system for fleet forces (troops) at all levels (from strategic to tactical). A prospective control system must be able to adapt to any conditions of the situation and, depending on it, form a single information and control space of the required configuration, ensuring network-centric control of heterogeneous groups of forces (troops) of fleets as part of interspecific groups of troops (forces) in theaters of military operations.
On the SSBN of the 955 “Yuri Dolgoruky” project, the St. Andrew’s flag was raised in January of this year.
Our goals for the construction and development of the Navy cannot be achieved without improving the system of training fleet specialists, building and developing its training and material base.
In connection with the adjustment of a number of areas of military construction in the scale of the Armed Forces of the Russian Navy, there are broader opportunities in solving the most important tasks, taking into account the following factors.
The first. Creating a balanced on the tasks and combat composition of the Navy is a set of measures of a long-term nature, designed for 35-50 years. This is due to the fact that the life of modern ships is close to 30-40 years. Based on this and taking into account the cycle of design and construction of ships, conceptual approaches to the development of the Navy should remain relevant for at least 45-50 years. In determining the main directions of construction and development of the Navy, it is necessary to take into account both foreign and domestic experience gained as a result of the creation of the ocean fleet.
The second. Analysis of both the Soviet and foreign experience shows that the basis of the construction of the fleet, as a rule, is a military shipbuilding program. Only the implementation of long-term programs of military shipbuilding, developed on the basis of methods of program and target planning, can ensure the creation of a fleet required to ensure the military security of the Russian Federation and protect its national interests.
Third. The creation of a qualitatively new in terms of its combat composition and technical equipment of the Navy, taking into account the duration of the implementation periods and the existing and forecasted resource and technological constraints, it is reasonable, in our opinion, to be divided into three stages:
Stage I - 2012-2020 years;
Stage II –2021-2030 years;
Stage III - 2031-2050 years.
The development of naval strategic nuclear forces during the 2012-2020 period, in our opinion, should be accomplished by completing the creation and deployment of the fourth generation of nuclear submarines. At the same time, it is necessary to maintain the combat readiness of strategic missile submarines (RPLSN) for existing projects and their main armament.
In the period of 2021-2030, continuing the planned replacement of the RPLSN, which have completed the established service lives, on fourth-generation nuclear submarines, work should be started on the creation of a promising strategic missile system and the RPFSN of the fifth generation. Serial construction of the 5th generation RPLSN is to be developed after 2030.
Thus, the main promising carrier of ballistic missiles in the medium term will be RPLSN av. 955A.
The requirements of the High Command of the Navy for the construction of submarines are clearly marked. It:
–Significant increase in the lowest noise travel speed;
–Enhance of communications and control;
- equipping them with robotic means, excluding direct collision with enemy ships.
- How will the naval forces of the general purpose (MSON) develop at the first stage (2012-2020 years)?
- The development of the naval personnel of the general purpose naval forces at the first stage (2012-2020 years) should be aimed at creating a group of strategic non-nuclear deterrent forces, increasing the combat potential of submarine forces, increasing the composition and combat capabilities of surface forces, creating a rapid-response naval force.
It seems that the basis of the grouping of strategic non-nuclear deterrent forces of the Navy, equipped with high-precision long-range weapons, in the medium term will be the 885M project nuclear submarines, the upgraded 949M project nuclear submarines.
Launch of the Kalibr-PL cruise missile by the Severodvinsk submarine.
Increasing the combat potential of submarine forces should be ensured by upgrading third-generation multipurpose nuclear submarines and building new-generation non-nuclear submarines with an air-independent power plant.
It must be borne in mind that the nature of wars and armed conflicts of recent decades, the analysis of the concepts of application of the naval forces of leading foreign countries objectively predetermine the need for a naval force of operational response capable of conducting airborne naval operations, performing tasks as part of the rapid reaction forces point of the oceans.
The core of such forces should be aircraft carriers. Along with a foreign-built amphibious assault ship-dock, the basis for such forces in the future should be a new generation aircraft carrier, i.e. aircraft carrier.
Unlike the previous generation of heavy aircraft-carrying cruisers, this should be a fundamentally new universal combat ship of a large displacement. His main weapons will be manned and unmanned (robotic) combat vehicles operating in the air, on the surface of the sea, under water and, probably, in space. The determining character for the effectiveness of the use of these ships will be the presence of radar patrol and guidance aircraft as well as reconnaissance-impact UAVs in their air group.
The creation of these ships provides not just the design and construction of aircraft carriers. It is planned to create a full-fledged naval aircraft-carrying complex, which will include, in addition to the ships themselves, basing stations with the necessary infrastructure (including the social component), aircraft, a center for training crews of ships and aircraft groups of ship aviation, and other elements. The basis for the creation of a maritime aircraft carrier complex should be created in the period up to 2020.
The main areas of naval aviation construction at the first stage (2012-2020 years) should be the creation and serial production of a promising aviation patrol complex, a promising multipurpose coastal and ship-based helicopter complex, and a ship-based combat helicopter. Prospective aviation means of destruction should be created and put into service.
The main areas of construction of the coastal troops and marines at the first stage will be: completion of the creation of a promising coastal missile complex equipped with various types of missiles, and their arming of coastal missile units, increasing the ability of marines to operate in different climatic conditions, including through special training units, equipping and equipping them for action in the conditions of the Far North.
- What will be the promising surface ships? We are talking about promising destroyers, frigates and corvettes.
- The main ship of the ocean zone in the medium term should be the squadron destroyer of the new project, which has a great impact and defensive potential, including significant missile defense potential.
In the medium term, the frigates and corvettes of the 22350, 20380 projects and their modifications will form the basis of the naval surface forces in the far and near sea zones. They will be replaced by ships of modular design, equipped with a wide nomenclature of robotic means.
The first ship implementing these approaches will be a promising corvette for the protection of the water area. Development of this ship is already underway. It is planned to entrust this ship with the fullest complex of tasks performed in the coastal areas by ships and other forces and means: anti-submarine, anti-mine, anti-ship, anti-air, mine-defensive, fire support troops of the landing force and ground forces in the coastal areas.
The corvette of protection of the water area is considered as “experimental” from the point of view of transition to the modular design of ships of larger displacement. In the future, approaches to modularity and integrated robotization of the fleet's combat systems from the IWR corvette are planned to be extended to other ships, forming the innovative look of the future fleet.
- How do you see the Russian Navy after 2020?
- I can definitely say that in the 2021-2030 period, the buildup of the combat force’s potential should be ensured by the serial construction of promising aircraft carriers in the naval aircraft carrier complex, fourth-generation multipurpose nuclear submarines, multi-purpose ships of the ocean, long-range and near-sea zone.
Increasing the combat capabilities of multipurpose nuclear and non-nuclear submarines will be provided by integrating advanced robotized complexes into their armament.
The creation and serial construction of multipurpose nuclear submarines of the new generation is envisaged during this period.
In the period of 2021-2030, the head multi-purpose combat surface ships of modular design will be created and, I hope very much, that their serial construction will begin.
It is supposed to complete the creation and adopt weapons on the basis of new physical principles, to create promising models of the next-generation naval forces of the general purpose forces.
At the second stage (2021-2030 years), naval aircraft of the radar patrol, ship-based unmanned aerial vehicles, and a promising aviation complex of naval aviation should come into service with naval aviation.
During this period, the transition will be made to the optionally piloted aircraft, including on the basis of modern manned aircraft systems, and the replacement of the aircraft of the old aircraft fleet by promising multi-functional samples of aircraft and weapons, including unmanned aerial vehicles.
With regard to the development of coastal troops (in the period 2021-2030), it is planned to create and adopt a highly mobile amphibious combat vehicle to ensure the action of the marines in all regions and climatic conditions, including in the Arctic zone, the beginning of the creation of robotic combat platforms of marines, armed with weapons on new physical principles that use different sources of energy for engine operation.
- And if you look into even more distant perspective?
- We are already thinking and trying to work out the main directions of the third stage of the development of the Navy (2031-2050 years).
The third stage envisages the creation of the head and serial construction of submarines of a new generation on the basis of unified underwater platforms, the continuation of the serial construction of promising aircraft carriers, the serial construction of multi-purpose ships based on unified combat platforms of different displacement modular design, the creation of multifunctional robotic complexes of a new generation.
In the long term (for the period up to 2050 of the year), it is planned to switch to the construction of modular multi-purpose combat platforms for both surface ships and submarines.
At the third stage (2031-2050 years) in naval aviation it is planned to switch to a new generation of multifunctional aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles and adopt a new generation of high-precision air-based weapons systems.
During the period of 2031-2050, robotized rocket weapons complexes capable of using weapons on various physical principles with the ability to hit enemy targets in various environments (air, underwater, in outer space) should be supplied to the coastal forces.
The Corvette "Boyky" of the 20380 project was commissioned by the Navy in May of this year.
- How is the program of surface shipbuilding?
- By order of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, from the 2010 of the year, Yantar PSZ is building a series of six patrol ships of the 11356 project for the Russian Navy. The corps of the first three ships of this series - Admiral Grigorovich, Admiral Essen and Admiral Makarov, which was laid at the 29 plant in February of this year with the participation of Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, are already being formed. The construction of the fourth frigate, which will be named “Admiral Butakov”, will begin soon. The plant plans to transfer the entire series to the Navy by 2016.
In addition to frigates, the plant builds for the Russian Navy a large landing ship Ivan Gren of the 11711 project (development of the well-proven 1171 project, built on the Kaliningrad shipyard in the 60-70 of the last century). His transfer to the Navy is scheduled for the current year.
By the way, the Yantar plant will carry out a fairly extensive ship repair program for the Baltic Fleet. In the ship repair program for this year - 150 orders of the Baltic Fleet, the amount of state order increased by 20% compared to last year. There is confidence that this program will be executed.
- Will the Russian Navy, having the existing composition of surface forces, continue to carry out anti-piracy tasks?
- The Navy will continue its regular presence in the Horn of Africa and the Gulf of Aden to ensure the safety of civilian shipping. At least three campaigns of detachments of warships of the Russian Navy in these problem areas are planned until the end of 2013.
- When will the first batch of MiG-29K, MiG-29CUB ship fighters enter the Northern Fleet for re-equipment of the Admiral Kuznetsov?
- I really hope that in the near future. This year, it is planned to receive two MiG-29K and two MiG-29KUB airplanes, next year - eight MiG-29K and two MiG-29KUB airplanes, in the 2015 year - ten MiG-29К airplanes.
- When is the launch of the Russian analogue of the unique NITKA aviation simulator in Yeisk planned?
- The construction of NITKI is on schedule. Currently, preparations are underway for commissioning and setting work. I really hope that the simulator will be put into operation at the turn of 2013-2014. But there will be not only a simulator for pilots-deckers, but a full-fledged training center for pilots of naval aviation of the Russian Navy.
Helicopter pilots will also be trained there. And we have plans to create for them a special platform at sea, on which helicopters will land. That is, there, as well as on NITKA, the elements of take-off and landing in real conditions of the sea will be tested. The platform will be anchored in the coastal area.
In HPV-2020 it is, the technical task has already been developed. Above this issue are already working profile design bureaus. This work will take at least three to four years.