The editors of our blog returned from a long drinking bout, not the last this year. And immediately plunged into one of his beloved deeds - Aviation. On June 24, the first in modern Russia competition between the crews of the Aviadarts army and attack aircraft began in Voronezh. Crews from different parts of the country will compete for the title of Best Air Force pilot in Russia. Pilots will pass the theory, perform flights to test piloting techniques. And the culmination of the competition will be shooting at targets at the Pogonovo training ground.
The draft of this post was mistakenly published two days before the appointed time. Here is the full and final version.
2. Upon arrival in Baltimore, the entire journalistic blogger community was to fly to the Pogonovo training ground by two helicopters. The crew of our helicopter is ready for departure.
3. Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force, Lieutenant-General Viktor Bondarev, arrived from Moscow together with representatives of the federal press. Together with him we go to the landfill.
4. Mi-8MT easily fit us into its gut. Two guests from the capital seem to be a bit tense, and a_roshka is posting something on Twitter. The interior is very spartan, but not cramped. I grabbed monitor wipes to clean the windows for easy shooting. However, everything turned out to be much simpler - the windows just opened to us.
5. Su-25 and its modifications for a while took the place of the Voronezh Su-24 and Su-34.
6. Su-25 - Russian armored subsonic attack aircraft designed to directly support the ground forces over the battlefield day and night with direct sight of the target, as well as the destruction of objects with given coordinates around the clock in any weather conditions. In the Russian troops got the nickname "Rook".
7. Su-XNUMHUBM. At ten sites, the aircraft is capable of carrying more than four tons of guided and unguided bombs, missiles and other weapons.
8. We take off. Arms suspension units, as if hinting that this is not a glass Robinson, but a combat vehicle. This is my first flight. I will not hide, initially worried. But after a few minutes of flight, all the excitement was gone. I immediately stuck to the window with a camera and my thoughts went into shooting. I can not say that I completely won aerophobia: apparently, to consolidate the success, you need to fly another plane :)
9. Of course, in flight, I cracked a bunch of views of the outskirts of Voronezh and the region. According to them will be a separate post. In the meantime, we are flying over the outskirts of the Pogonovo polygon. The trees are scattered like matches.
10. Last year, when we went with orianaliev to look at the disposal of ammunition, this burnt felled forest made a strong impression on us.
11. Flying over the forests, it seemed that you were flying over a cauliflower waving in the ocean. And even fall on it will be scary.
12. Flight altitude did not exceed a few hundred meters.
13. The entire flight from Baltimore to the command post on the range took 15 minutes. At the same time, we still managed to circle the ground and look at the targets for the pilots. At the edge of the forest remains of aircraft L-29 "Dolphin".
14. Actually from here, in a few days, we had to watch the firing. Here is the management of flights in the area of the landfill.
15. Pogonovo - mostly scorched and cracked earth. Voronezh analogue of Mordor.
16. That is what the targets look like. Inside the concentric circles are numbered shields. During the draw, each crew received its own number. To hit right on target is to knock down a shield. After the main shooting and departure of the press from the landfill, it was planned to drop one or more 500 kg bombs. Apparently, the target was to serve as a large cross on the left.
17. While the passengers are inspecting the command post, the technicians are servicing the Mi-8MTV-5-1 helicopter. The helicopter and its crew flew from Torzhok.
18. Mi-8MTV multi-purpose helicopter. It can serve as a transport for the assault force, cargo, as well as fire support for the troops.
19. This helicopter is about a year old.
20. The Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force studies targets in good old TZK.
21. So, the once formidable ammunition, now perform especially peaceful functions :)
22. In this wagon came an Israeli unmanned vehicle, which must conduct video surveillance during the shooting.
23. The board on which we flew. Old man with a Baltimore registration. For photography from the Mi-8, equipped with pylons for armament, the most suitable place is the porthole in the tail - of which the most advantageous viewing sector. If any object on the ground is not seen on approach, then there is still a chance to catch it by swiping the camera back. And if something is missed from the first “windows”, then consider it gone - the pylons will fall into the frame.
24. Bronelisty protect the crew from shelling from the ground. In the bow is possible to install a machine gun. Plus six main points of suspension.
25. Control hovering before takeoff.
26. And care in Baltimore.
27. Target field.
28. Lake Pogonovo, from which the name of the landfill.
29. Can bahnem? Be sure to bahnem, and more than once. The whole world is in dust! But then ... © DMB.
30. It would be great to collect all the PAZIKI from the Voronezh streets on this proving ground and shoot them from the heart.
31. Landing came from the left bank. Autodrome DOSAAF, in full view.
32. Arched reinforced concrete shelters for aircraft, and in the background the parking of aircraft VUNC.
33. Su-24M on the taxiway.
34. Unloading of Il-76MD self-propelled anti-aircraft missile-gun complex Pantsir-С1.
37. In the next part, we will look at the Mi-28H, Ka-52 and Mi-24 helicopters, as well as the aircraft weaponry process.
Many thanks to the press service of the Western Military District in Voronezh for organizing this trip!