In 1941, foreign volunteers recruited into national volunteer legions and corps, ranging in strength from one battalion to a regiment. Various anti-communist units created in 1917–1920 in Europe received similar names. In 1943, most of the legions were reorganized into larger military units, the largest of which was German tank SS corps.
SS-Standart "Nord West"
The formation of this German regiment began on 3 on April 1941 of the year. The regiment was dominated by Dutch and Flemish volunteers, organized into companies on a national basis. Training "Nordwest" was held in Hamburg. After the start of the war with the Soviet Union, it was decided to use the frame of the regiment for the early formation of independent national legions. By August 1, 1941 included in the regiment  there were 1400 Dutch, 400 Flemish and 108 Danes. In late August, the regiment was transferred to the Arus-Nord training area in East Prussia. Here 24 September 1941, according to the order of the FHA SS, the regiment was disbanded, and the available personnel were distributed between the national legions and units of the V-SS.
From the moment of formation until the last day, the regiment commander was the SS-Standarfenführer Otto Reich.
Netherlands Volunteer Legion
The creation of the legion began on 12 on June 1941, in the area of Krakow, a little later the frame of the legion was transferred to the Arus-Nord range. The basis of the legion was the Dutch battalion from the disbanded Nordwest regiment. Another contingent who arrived at the formation was a battalion created from the ranks of the assault detachments of the Dutch National Socialist movement. The battalion departed Amsterdam on October 11 of the year 1941 and joined up with volunteers who had already studied in Aruz.
As early as Christmas 1941, the legion was a motorized regiment of three battalions and two companies (the 13 of the infantry company and the 14 of the anti-tank company). Before being sent to the front, the total number of the legion exceeded the 2600 ranks. In mid-January 1942, the legion was transferred to Danzig, and from there by sea to Libau. From Libava, the Dutch were sent to the northern sector of the front in the area of Lake Ilmen. By the end of January, the legion arrived at its designated positions in the Novgorod – Tosna road area. The legion received baptism in battle at the battle of Gusya Gora near Volkhov (north of Lake Ilmen). After that, the Dutch participated in long defensive, and then offensive battles at the Volkhov. Then the legion operated on Meat Bora. In mid-March 1942, a reinforced field hospital arrived with Dutch personnel on the Eastern Front, which was part of the Legion. The hospital was located in the area of Oranienburg.
During the battles, the legion earned gratitude from the OKW, but lost 20% of its strength and was withdrawn from the front line and replenished by ethnic Germans from North Schleswig. After a short rest and completing, in July 1942, the legion participated in the destruction  of the remnants of the Soviet 2 th shock army and, according to some sources, participated in the capture of General Vlasov himself. The rest of the summer and autumn the legion spent in operations at Red Selo and later around Shlisselburg, slightly deviating from the Leningrad direction. At the end of 1942, the legion acted as part of the 2-th SS infantry brigade. Its numbers at this time decreased to 1755 people. On February 5, 1943, from Holland, it was reported that the honorary chief of the legion, General Zeiffardt, had been killed by the Resistance. Through 4 of the day FHA SS issued an order naming the first company of the legion to the name “General Zeiffardt”.
In addition to the OKW gratitude, the legion had another difference, its Rottenführer Gerardus Muyman from the 14 anti-tank company in one battle knocked out thirteen Soviet tanks and was awarded the knight’s cross in February 20, thus becoming the first German volunteer to be honored. On April 27, 1943, the legion was withdrawn from the front and sent to the Grafenwer landfill.
On the twentieth of May, the 1943 of the Netherlands Volunteer Legion was officially disbanded to be born again on October 22 of the year 1943, but as the 4-I Volunteer Tank-Grenadier Brigade of the SS Nederland.
Voluntary Corps "Denmark"
Eight days after the German attack on the USSR, the Germans announced the creation of the Danish Volunteer Corps, independent of the Nordland Regiment. 3 July 1941, the first Danish volunteers, having received the banner, left Denmark and headed for Hamburg. By order of the FHA SS from 15 on July 1941, a part was called the Denmark Voluntary Connection, and then renamed to the volunteer corps. By the end of July 1941, a headquarters and infantry battalion of 480 men was organized. In August, one officer and 108 Danes from the disbanded Nordwest regiment were merged into the battalion. In late August, a liaison office was established at the battalion headquarters. In September 1941, the corps was expanded to a reinforced motorized battalion staff. 13 September 1941, the unit was moved  in Trescau to connect with the reserve company of the corps. By December 31 1941, the number of corps increased to 1164 ranks, and in about a month it increased by another hundred people. Until spring 1942, the corps personnel was trained.
On May 8–9, the Danish battalion was transported by plane to the Heiligenbeil region (East Prussia), and then to Pskov, to the Army Group North. Upon arrival, the corps was tactically subordinated to the SS division Totenkopf. From May 20 to June 2, 1942, the corps participated in battles north and south of the Demyan fortifications, where they distinguished themselves by destroying the Soviet bridgehead fortification. In early June, the Danes acted on the road to Byakovo. On the night of June 3–4, the battalion was transferred to the northern section of the Demyansk corridor, where it repulsed strong enemy attacks for two days. The next day, June 6, the Danes were replaced and camped in the forests near Vasilivshino. On the morning of June 11, the Red Army launched a counterattack and returned the Bolshoi Dubovichi, occupied by the Germans, by the middle of the day, the situation worsened even more and von Lettov-Vorbek ordered the corps to retreat. After this battle, the number of companies ranged from 40 to 70 people each. Having taken up defense in the Vasilivshino area, the corps was replenished with a reserve squad arrived from Poznan. On July 16, the Red Army attacked and occupied Vasilivshino, and on the seventeenth attacked the Danish battalion with tanks with the support of aviation. Vasilivshino was again occupied by the Germans on July 23, the corps occupied the extreme left flank of this position. On July 1942, the Danes were put into reserve. By August 78, the battalion lost 1942% of its initial strength, which was the reason for its withdrawal from the Demyansk region and its shipment to Mitau. In September 12, the Danes returned to their homeland and paraded through Copenhagen and were sent home, but on October 5, all the ranks were again gathered in Copenhagen and returned to Mitau. On December 1942, 1, a spare company was introduced into the battalion, and the corps itself became part of the XNUMXst SS Infantry Brigade.
In December 1942, the corps carried out service in the fortified area of Nevel, and later led defensive battles south of Velikie Luki. After this, the corps spent three weeks in reserve. On Christmas Eve the Danes were attacked by a Soviet division and retreated from the Kondratovo they occupied, , but on December 25 the corps beat Kondratovo back. On January 16, 1943, the cauldron at Velikiy Luki was closed, and the Danes moved to a position north of Myshino-Kondratovo, where they remained until the end of February. On February 25, the corps attacked and captured an enemy stronghold on Tide - this was the last battle of the Danish volunteers.
At the end of April 1943, the remaining Danes were sent to the Grafenwer polygon. On 6 May, the corps was officially disbanded, but the majority of the Danes remained to continue their service as part of the forming Nordland division. In addition to the Danes, in this part served a large number of ethnic Germans from northern Schleswig. White emigrants also preferred to serve in the Danish corps.
The Volunteer Corps was commanded by: Legion-Obersturmmbannführer Christian Peder Krussing July 2017 19 – 1941 – 8 February 19, CS-sturmbannüf-rer Christian Frederic von Schalburg March 1942 –1 June 2 March 1942 June 2 March 10-June Jun XNNXXNXXX Martinsen 1942 – 9 June 11 of the year, SS-Sturmbannführer Hans Albrecht von Lettov-Vorbek 1942 – 11 June 1942 of the year, again KB Martinsen 6 June 1943-th - 2 May 6), legion-stormbannführer Peder Nirgaard-Jacobsen 1943 – XNUMX May XNUMX
In April, after the dissolution of the volunteer corps from his veterans who returned to Denmark, Martinsen created the Danish counterpart of the German SS in April. Officially, this unit was initially called the “Danish German Corps”, and then the “Schalburg” Corps in memory of the deceased Corps Commander. This corps was not part of the V-SS and generally did not belong to the SS organization in any way. In the second half of 1943, under pressure from the Germans, the “Schalburgkorpset” was transferred to the V-SS and reformed into the SS “Schalburg” training battalion, and then into the SS “Zeeland” guard battalion.
Volunteer Legion "Norway"
Since the beginning of the war of Germany against the USSR in Norway, the idea of the need for real participation of the Norwegians in the fighting on the side of Germany was widely prevalent.
Recruitment points were opened in major Norwegian cities, and by the end of July 1941, the first three hundred Norwegian volunteers went to Germany. After arriving in Kiel, they were sent to the Fallingbostel training district. Here, on the first of August 1941, the Norway Norwegian Legion was officially created. In mid-August, more 700 volunteers from Norway arrived here, as well as a 62 volunteer from the Norwegian community in Berlin. On October 3, 1941, in the presence of Vidkun Quisling, who arrived in Germany, in Fallinbostel, the first battalion of the Legion took the oath. As a sign of continuity, this battalion was named “Viken” - the same as Hird’s 1 regiment (the paramilitary forces of the Norwegian Nacional Samling). The legion staff, according to the order of the FHA SS, was supposed to consist of 1218 officials, but by the 20 of October 1941, the unit consisted of more than 2000 people. The Norwegian Legion was organized according to the following principle: a headquarters and staff company (anti-tank company), a platoon of war correspondents, an infantry battalion of three infantry companies and one machine-gun. The reserve battalion established in Halmestrand was also considered part of the legion.
16 March 1942, the legion arrived at the Leningrad sector of the front. A few kilometers from Leningrad, the Norwegians were incorporated into the SS 2th Infantry Brigade. After the arrival of the legion began to carry the patrol service, and then took part in the battles at the front until May 1942 year. In September 1942, the reserve battalion of the legion, which had already transferred the bulk of the ranks to the legion, was merged into the company, but, in addition to this company, a new one was created in the territory of Latvia in Jelgava (Mitava). At the same time, the first of four, a police company of the Norwegian Legion, created in Norway from pro-German minded police, arrived at the front. Its commander was the SS-Sturmbannführer and the leader of the Norwegian SS Janas Lee. The company acted as part of the Legion, which at that time was located on the northern sector of the front, where it suffered heavy losses in defensive battles at Krasnoe Selo, Konstantinovka, Uretsk and Krasny Bor. In February, 1943, the 800 of the remaining legionnaires were connected to spare companies, and at the end of March, the legion was withdrawn from the front and sent to Norway.
On April 6, the Oslo Parade  of the Legion was held in Oslo on 466. After a short leave, the legion returned to Germany in May of the same year, the Norwegians were assembled at the Grafenwehr training ground, where on May 20, 1943, the legion was disbanded. However, most Norwegians responded to the call of V. Quisling and continued to serve in the ranks of the new “German” SS division.
After the creation of the 1 police company and its excellent service on the Eastern Front, the creation of other police companies began. The second company was created by the major of the Norwegian police Egil Hoel in the autumn of 1943, and it included the 160 officials of the Norwegian police. After completing the training, the company arrived at the front and was incorporated into the 6 SS intelligence unit of the Nord division. Together with this unit, the company operated on the front for 6 months. The commander of the company was the SS-Sturmbannführer Egil Hoel.
In the summer of 1944, the 3 police company was created; in August, 1944, she arrived at the front, but due to the withdrawal of Finland from the war and the retreat of German troops from its territory, she did not have time to take part in the battles. One hundred and fifty people of its composition were sent to Oslo, and in December 1944, the company was disbanded. At the time of formation, the company was commanded by the SS-Hauptststurmführer Age Heinrich Berg, and then by the SS-Obersturmführer Oscar Olsen Rustand. The last of these officers tried to form a 4 police company at the end of the war, but nothing came of his idea.
Legion commanded: Legions-Sturmbannführer Jürgen Bakke from 1 August 1941, Legions-Sturmbannführer Finn Hannibal Kjelstrup from 29 September 1941, Legions-Sturmbannnführer Arthur Quist from the Autumn XNUM
Finnish Volunteer Battalion
Even before the outbreak of war with the Soviet Union, the Germans had conducted an unofficial recruitment of Finns in the V-SS. The recruiting campaign gave the Germans 1200 volunteers. During May - June 1941, volunteers arrived in batches from Finland to Germany. Upon arrival, the volunteers were divided into two groups. Persons with military  experience, that is, participants in the “winter war”, were divided into divisions of the Viking division, and the remaining volunteers were gathered in Vienna. From Vienna they were transferred to the Gross Born study area, where the Finnish volunteer battalion of the SS troops was formed from them (previously noted as the SS volunteer battalion “Nordost”). The battalion consisted of a headquarters, three rifle companies, and a heavy company. weapons. Part of the battalion was a reserve company in Radom, which was part of the reserve battalion of the German legions. In January
1942, the Finnish battalion arrived at the front at the location of the Viking division at the Mius river line. According to the order, the arriving Finns became the fourth and then the third battalion of the Nordland regiment, while the third battalion was used to compensate for the losses of the division. Up until 26 on April 1942, the battalion fought on the Mius River against units of the 31 Infantry Division of the Red Army. Then the Finnish battalion was sent under Aleksandrovka. After the heavy fighting for Demidovka, the Finns were withdrawn from the front to replenishment, which lasted until 10 September 1942. Changing the situation on the front required the participation of the battalion in the bloody battles for Maykop, in which the German command used the Finns in the most difficult areas. At first
1943, the Finnish volunteer battalion in the general flow of the German retreat, went all the way from Mal-Gobek (through Mineralnye Vody, Stanitsa and Bataysk) to Rostov, participating in rearguard battles. Having reached Izyum, the Finns, along with the remnants of the Nordland regiment, were removed from the division and sent to the Grafenwehr training ground. From Grafenvera, the Finnish battalion was transferred to Ruhpolding, where 11 was disbanded on July 1943.
During the existence of the battalion, Finnish volunteers also served as part of the military correspondents unit and as part of the Totenkopf reserve infantry battalion No. 1. Attempts to create a new entirely Finnish SS in 1943 – 1944 did not succeed, and the formation of the SS division Kalevala was discontinued. The most famous Finnish volunteer was Obersturmführer Ulf Ola Ollin from the 5-SS SS tank regiment, from all the Finns he received the greatest number of awards , and his tank - “panther” with the number 511 - was known to the entire Viking division.
The battalion commander was the SS-Hauptststurmführer Hans Collani.
British Volunteer Corps
By the beginning of 1941, the British had served around 10 in the B-SS ranks, but until 1943, no attempt had been made to form the English legion in the Waffen-SS. The initiator of the creation of the English division was John Ameri, the son of the former English Minister for Indian Affairs. John Amery himself was a famous anti-communist and even participated in the Spanish Civil War on the side of General Franco.
Originally from the English who lived on the continent, Ameri created the British Anti-Bolshevik League, which was to create its own armed formations to be sent to the Eastern Front. After a long debate with the Germans in April 1943, he was allowed to visit the camps of English prisoners of war in France to recruit volunteers and promote their ideas. This venture received the code designation "Special connection 999". It is interesting to note that this number before the war was Scotland Yard telephone.
In the summer of 1943, a special connection was transferred to the control of the D-1 XA SS department dealing with European volunteers. In the autumn of 1943, the volunteers changed their former English form to the Waffen-SS form, while receiving the SS soldier’s books. In January 1944, the former name of the “Legion of St. George” was changed to “British Volunteer Corps”, more consistent with the V-SS tradition. It was planned at the expense of prisoners of war to increase the number of corps to 500 people, and at the head to put Brigadier General Parrington, captured in 1941, in Greece.
After some time, the British were divided into groups for use at the front. Volunteers were distributed in various parts of the Waffen-SS. The largest number of volunteers were taken to the regiment of the military correspondents  "Kurt Yeggers", and the rest were distributed between the 1, 3 and 10 SS divisions, and the British 27 remained in the Dresden barracks to complete the training. In October 1944 of the year it was decided to transfer the BFK to the III SS Panzer Corps. After the famous Western Allies air raid on Dresden, the BFC was transferred to the Lichterfeld barracks in Berlin, where the returning from the front also arrived. After completing the training in March 1945, the British were transferred partly to the headquarters of the German SS tank corps, and partly to the SS 11 2nd tank reconnaissance battalion. In the ranks of this battalion, the BFK took part in the defense of Schonberg on the west bank of the Oder 22 in March.
With the beginning of the storming of Berlin, most of the British went on a breakthrough to the Western allies, which they surrendered to Mecklenburg. The remaining individual volunteers participated in street battles with the Nordland Division.
In addition to the British, volunteers from the colonies, countries of the Commonwealth and America were recruited to the BFK.
BFK commanders: SS Haupsturfuhrer Johannes Rogenfeld - summer XMNMH, MHE, Hauser Werner Ropke - Summer 1943 Math; Alexander Dolezalek - until the end of the war.
Indian Volunteer Legion
The Indian Legion was at the beginning of the war established in the ranks of the German army as the 950. Indian Infantry Regiment. By the end of 1942, the regiment consisted of about 3500 grades. After training, the legion was sent to the guard service, first to Holland and then to France (guard of the Atlantic Wall). 8 August 1944, the legion was transferred to the SS troops with the designation "Indian Legion Waffen-SS". Seven days later, Indian volunteers were transported by train from Lokanau to Posytrz.
Upon arrival in the district of Poytirz, the Indians attacked the "maki", and at the end of August the soldiers of the legion engaged the Resistance on the way from Shatrou to Allier. In the first week of September, the legion reached the Berry Canal. Continuing the  movement, the Indians fought street battles with French regular troops in the city of Dun, and then retreated in the direction of Sancoin. In the Luzy area, the Indians got into a night ambush, after which the legion marched in an accelerated march towards Dijon through Loyr. In a battle with the enemy's tanks at Nuits - Site - Georges part suffered heavy losses. After this battle, the Indians retreated by marching through Relipemont in the direction of Colmar. And then continued to retreat to the territory of Germany.
In November 1944, the unit was designated the "Indian Waffen-SS Volunteer Legion". By early December of the same year, the legion arrived in the garrison of the city of Oberhoffen. After Christmas, the legion was transferred to the Heuberg training camp, where it remained until the end of March 1945. In early April 1945, the legion was disarmed by Hitler’s order. In April, 1945, the Indian legion began to move to the Swiss border in the hope of finding asylum there and avoiding being handed over to the Anglo-Americans. After breaking through the Alps into the Lake of Constance area, Indian volunteers were surrounded and captured by the French "maki" and the Americans. Since 1943, the so-called Guards Company, located in Berlin and created for ceremonial purposes, existed in the Indian regiment. During the war, the company apparently still remained in Berlin. During the storming of Berlin, Indians in the form of SS participated in his defense, one of them was even captured by the Red Army, all of them probably were the ranks of the aforementioned "Guards" company.
The commander of the legion was the SS-Oberführer Heinz Bertling.
Serbian Volunteer Corps
Prior to the creation of the Serbian government of General Milan Nedić in August 1941, no attempts were made to organize the Serbian armed units. General Nedich announced the creation of various state police forces. Their combat effectiveness left much to be desired, so they were mainly used for local security tasks. In addition to these formations, the September 15 of the year 1941 was created  the so-called Serbian volunteer team. This unit was created from activists of the ZBOR organization and radical military. The commander of the unit was Colonel Konstantin Mushitsky, who had been adjutant to the Yugoslav Queen Maria before the war. The team soon turned into a great anti-partisan unit, which was recognized even by the Germans. Like the rest of the Serbian and Russian units, the team "concluded" peace with the Chetniks and fought only against Tito's troops and Ustash arbitrariness. Soon, KFOR divisions began to appear throughout Serbia, these divisions were known as "detachments", their number increased to 1942 during 12, the detachment, as a rule, included 120 – 150 soldiers and several officers. KFOR detachments were widely attracted by the Germans for anti-partisan actions and, in fact, were the only Serbian formations that received weapons from the Germans. In January 1943, the SDK team was reorganized into a SDKorpus, consisting of five battalions of 500 each. The corps did not hide its monarchical orientation, and even went to parades in Belgrade under the banner with monarchist slogans. At the beginning of 1944, KFOR and new volunteers were reorganized into 5 infantry regiments (Roman numbers from I to V) to 1200 each and an artillery battalion of 500 men. In addition, a recruit school and a hospital in Logatec were later established as part of KFOR. On October 8, 1944, corps units began a retreat from Belgrade. The next day, the SDF was transferred to the Waffen-SS with the designation “Serb SS Volunteer Corps”. The hull structure was left unchanged. The officials of the Serbian Corps did not become the officials of the Waffen-SS and continued to carry their former ranks and submit to the Serbian command. After the retreat from Belgrade, KFOR units, together with the Chetniks and the Germans, went to Slovenia. In April 1945, by agreement with the Germans, KFOR became part of one of the Chetnik divisions in Slovenia. At the end of April, two KFOR regiments (I and V regiments), on the orders of the commander of the Chetniks in Slovenia, General Damjanovic, went in the direction of the Italian border, passing which May 1 capitulated. The remaining three regiments II, III and IV, commanded by KFOR Chief of Staff Lieutenant Colonel Radoslav  Tatalovich, participated in the battles with NOAJ in Ljubljana, after which they retreated into Austria and surrendered to the British.
The commander of the Serbian Corps was Colonel (at the end of the war, General) Konstantin Mushitsky.
Estonian Volunteer Legion
The Legion was formed according to the states of the usual three-battalion regiment in the SS “Hedelagerie” camp (near the town of Dietz, in the territory of the General Governorate). Shortly after complete manning, the legion was designated as the "1 th Estonian Volunteer Grenadier SS Regiment". Until spring next year, the regiment was trained in the above camp. In March 1943 of the year, an order came to the regiment to send the first battalion to the front as part of the Viking SS Panzer Grenadier Division operating at that time in the Izyum area. The German SS-Hauptsturmführer Georg Eberhardt was appointed commander of the battalion, and the battalion itself became known as the Estonian Volunteer Grenadier SS battalion "Narva". From March 1944, he acted as the 111 / 10 SS Regiment Westland. Without engaging in major battles, the battalion, together with the division, operated as part of the 1 tank army in the area of Izyum - Kharkov. The baptism of Estonians took place on 19 on July 1943 of the year in the battle for the height of 186.9. Supported by the fire of the Viking division artillery regiment, the battalion destroyed Soviet tanks near 100, but lost its commander, whose place was taken by the SS-obershturmführer Koop. The next time Estonian volunteers distinguished 18 in August of the same year in a battle for the heights 228 and 209 near Klenova, where, interacting with a company of tigers from the SS regiment Totenkopf, they destroyed the Soviet tank 84. Apparently, these two cases gave the right to the analysts of spacecraft in their intelligence reports to indicate that the Narva battalion has extensive experience in fighting machine tools. Continuing the fighting in the ranks of the Viking division, the Estonians together with her fell into the Korsun-Shevchenkovsky cauldron in the winter of the 1944 of the year, leaving huge losses. In April, the division received an order for the withdrawal of the Estonian battalion from its composition, the Estonians were made touching off, after which they departed for the new formation.
Caucasian military unit SS
In the early years of the war, a large number of units from the natives of the Caucasus were created as part of the German army. Their formation took place mainly in the territory of occupied Poland. In addition to the front-line army units, various police and punitive units were formed from Caucasians. In the 1943 year in Belarus, in the Slonim district, two Caucasian police battalions of the Schutzmannshaft were created - the 70 and 71. Both battalions participated in anti-partisan operations in Belarus, being subordinate to the head of the anti-gang unit. Later, these battalions became the basis for the Northern Caucasus security brigade being formed in Poland. By order of Himmler from 28.07.1944 of the year, around 4000 brigade ranks, together with their families, were transferred to the region of upper Italy. Here, together with the Cossack camp, the Caucasians formed the backbone of the anti-partisan forces, which were subordinated to the HSSCF "Adriatic Coast" of the SS-Obergruppenführer Globochnik. On August 11, the team was reorganized into the Caucasian Corps by order of Berger, and renamed to the Caucasian Union in less than a month. The acquisition of the unit was accelerated by the transfer of 5000 officers from 800, 801, 802, 803, 835, 836, 837, 842 and 843 of the army field battalions. The compound consisted of three national military groups - the Armenian, Georgian and North Caucasus. It was planned to deploy each group to a full-fledged regiment.
At the end of 1944, the Georgian and North Caucasian groups were located in the Italian city of Paluzza, and the Armenian group in Klagenfurt. In December 1944 of the year, the Azerbaijani group, which was previously part of the East-Turkic SS connection, was transferred to the compound. Azerbaijani participants in the events after the war claimed that their group managed to arrive in Verona until the end of the war.
Groups located in Italy were constantly involved in anti-partisan operations. In late April, the North Caucasus group began a retreat into Austria, and the few Georgian were dismissed by their commander. In May 1945, the ranks of the compound were issued by the British to the Soviet side.
Unlike the next unit, Caucasian émigré officers were in all command positions, and the commander of the formation itself was SS-Standarfenführer ArvidToyerman, a former officer of the Russian Imperial Army.
East-Turkic military unit SS
The German army has created a large number of volunteer units from the inhabitants of Soviet Central Asia. The commander of one of the first Turkestan battalions was Major Mayer-Mader, in the pre-war years, a former military adviser to Chiang Kai-shek. Mayer-Mader, seeing the limited and unpromising use of Asians by the Wehrmacht, dreamed of single-handed leadership of all Turkic units. To this end, he went first to Berger, and then to the chief of the VI directorate of the RSHA SS-brigadeführer and Major General V-SS, Walter Schellenberg. First he proposed an increase in the number of B-SS on 30 000 of Turkestans, and the second - the implementation of sabotage in Soviet Central Asia and the organization of anti-Soviet demonstrations. The proposals of the major were accepted and, in November of the 1943 of the year, the 450 of the East Muslim SS regiment was established on the basis of the 480 and 1 battalions.
The formation of the regiment took place near Lublin, in the town of Ponyatovo. In January 1944, the decision was made to deploy the regiment to the SS division "Neue Turkestan". For this purpose, the following battalions were taken from the active army: 782, 786, 790, 791, the Turkestan, 818, the Azerbaijani, and 831, the Volga-Tatar. At this time, the regiment itself was sent to Belarus to participate in anti-partisan operations. Upon arrival, the regiment headquarters was located in the town of Yuratishki, not far from Minsk. 28 March 1944 of the year during one of these operations killed the regimental commander Maeir Ma-der, his place was taken by the SS-Hauptshturmführer Billig. Compared with the previous commander, he was not popular with his people, and a number of excesses occurred in the regiment, as a result of which Billy was dismissed, and the regiment was transferred to the von Gottberg fighting group. In May, the regiment participated in a major anti-partisan operation  near Grodno, and then, together with other national units, was withdrawn to the territory of Poland in late May - early June. In July, the 1944, the regiment was sent to the Neukhammer training ground for replenishment and rest, but soon it was sent to Lutsk and subordinated to the special SS regiment Dirlewanger. With the beginning of the Warsaw Uprising in August 1944, the Muslim regiment and the Dirlewanger regiment were sent to suppress it. Upon arrival, 4 in August, both regiments came under the command of the Reinnefarth combat group. In Warsaw, the Turkestans acted in the urban area of Wola. In early October, the Warsaw Uprising was over. During the suppression of the uprising, the Turkestanians gained recognition from the German command. October 1 announced the deployment of the regiment in the East-Turkic military unit SS. The Muslim regiment was renamed into the military group “Turkestan” by a force of one battalion, the rest of the regiment together with the recruiting of the Volga-Tatar army units made up the military group “Idel-Ural”. In addition, an SS pre-camp for Turkic volunteers was established in the vicinity of Vienna. On October 15, the formation was sent to suppress a new, now Slovak uprising, together with the Dirlewanger regiment.
By the beginning of November 1944, the compound had 37 officers, 308 non-commissioned officers and 2317 soldiers in their ranks. In December, the military group Azerbaijan was taken from the compound. This group was transferred to the Caucasian Union. In December, the compound presented an unpleasant surprise to the Germans. 25 December 1944, the commander of the Turkestan group, Waffen-Obersturmführer Ghulam Alimov and 458, of his subordinates went over to the Slovak rebels from Miyava. At the request of the Soviet representatives, rebels shot Alimov. For this reason, around 300, the Turkestanians again turned to the Germans. Despite this sad experience, two days later the Germans organized officer courses to train native officers of the compound in the town of Poradi.
1 January 1945 was part of the formation of the military group "Crimea", created from the disbanded Tatar brigade. At the same time, 476 Turkestanians, 2227 Azeri, 1622 Tatars and 1427 Bashkirs were collected at the Vienna SS-Obershurtmbannführer Anton Ziegler  camp. All of them were preparing to join the ranks of the Turkic SS connection. In March 1945, the compound was transferred to the 48 Infantry Division (2 formation). In April, the 1945, the 48-division and the Turkic formation were in the training camp Dollersheim. National committees planned to transfer the connection to Northern Italy, but nothing is known about the implementation of this plan.
The East Muslim regiment of the SS and the East-Turkic SS formation commanded: SS-obershurtmbannführer Andreas Meyer-Mader - November
1943 – 28 March 1944, SS-Haupststurmführer Beal League - 28 March - 6-April 1944, SS-Haupssturmführer Hermann - 6 April - May 1944, SS-Sturmbannführer Rezerf Saint-Imbrehfempérerférémesintembrant
1944 of the year, SS-Hauptsturmführer Rainer Oltsha - September - October 1944 of the year, SS-Standartenführer Wilhelm Hinterzac (under the pseudonym Harun al Rashid) - October - December 1944 of the year, SS-Gauptstürmfürrer Fr. In all parts of the compound, there were mullahs, and Nagib Khodiya was the supreme imam of the whole compound.
Loss of SS troops
In the course of the Polish campaign, the losses of the V-SS were counted by several dozen people. The superiority of the German army in armament and the lightning speed of the campaign reduced the losses of the Waffen-SS to almost a minimum. In the 1940 year in the West, the SS men clashed with a completely different opponent. The high level of training of the British army, prepared in advance positions and the presence of modern artillery among the Allies became an obstacle to the SS to victory. During the western campaign, the Waffen-SS lost about 5000 people. The officers and non-commissioned officers during the battles carried the soldiers into the attack by personal example, which, according to the generals of the Wehrmacht, led to unreasonably large losses among the officers of the Waffen-SS. Undoubtedly, the percentage of casualties among the officers of the Waffen-SS was higher than in parts of the Wehrmacht, but the reasons for this should not be sought in poor preparation or in the methodology of warfare. In the units of the Waffen-SS, the corporate spirit prevailed  and there was not as obvious a distinction between an officer and a soldier as in the Wehrmacht. In addition, the structure of the Waffen-SS was built on the basis of the "Fuhrer principle" and that is why in the attacks, the SS officers were ahead of their soldiers and died with them.
On the Eastern Front, SS men faced fierce resistance from the Soviet army and, as a result, during the first 5 months of the war, the Waffen-SS units lost more than 36 to 500 people killed, wounded and missing. With the opening of the second front, the SS losses increased even more. According to the most conservative estimates, in the period from September 1 1939 to May 13 1945, the SS troops lost more than 253 000 soldiers and officers killed. During this time, 24 General Waffen-SS was killed (not counting those who committed suicide and police generals), and two SS generals were shot by a court sentence. The number of wounded in the SS by May 1945 was about 400 000 people, some SS men were injured more than twice, but after recovery, they still returned to service. According to Leon Degrel, of the entire Walloon unit, the Waffen-SS 83% of soldiers and officers were injured one or more times. It is possible that in a number of units the percentage of injuries was less, but I think it did not fall below 50%. The SS troops had to operate mainly in the occupied territories, and by the end of the war they had lost more than 70 000 people missing.