106-I Guards Red Banner Order of Kutuzov II degree Airborne Division (106 Guards Airborne Division) - the connection of the Airborne Forces of the Armed Forces of the USSR, and then the Russian Federation. It is deployed in Tula, Ryazan and Naro-Fominsk. Formed 26 April 1944 g. (W)
15 January 1944 of the year by order of the Supreme Command Headquarters on the basis of airborne units stationed near Moscow in the settlements of Vostryakovo, Vnukovo and Stupino, a Guards Airborne Division was formed.
During the period of hostilities in the Great Patriotic War, guards destroyed and captured 64 thousand enemy soldiers and officers, as well as 316 tanks and self-propelled guns, guns of various calibres - 971, cars - 6371, railway cars - 3600, aircraft - 29, and a large number of warehouses with military equipment. About 6100 km were covered with fights.
Since February, 1988, the most difficult and dramatic period has come stories division when it began operations, called "special tasks" in the republics of the Caucasus and Central Asia. And these tasks were performed by the guards with honor.
From 27 November 1994 to April 1995, the division’s military personnel took part in a special assignment on the territory of Chechnya. Many paratroopers were awarded orders and medals, and five of them were awarded the title Hero of Russia.
The new Chechen war has not spared the division. All military units participating in the counter-terrorist operation on the territory of the Chechen Republic, with dignity and honor cope with the task. 283 of them for their courage and exemplary performance of combat missions are presented for awarding government awards. The high rank of Hero of Russia in the division was given to ten servicemen.
The participation of the 106 Airborne Division in the key events taking place in the country, the highest professionalism and the level of combat training made us talk about it both in Russia and abroad ... (c) "Little Brother"
1. First we arrived at the landfill.
5. Here we are met by. Assistant Commander 106-th Guards Airborne Division Guards Lieutenant Colonel Alexei Mikhailovich Bykov.
6. Here is a training session on the main types of weapons and military equipment of parachute paratroop units Airborne.
15. Photographers hid ...
23. Then the bloggers also put off their cameras.
27-a. Even I was entrusted with a machine! Thanks for the photo appassionata_lr
28. Look at the results :)
30. This is my target.
It seems to be completely clean (except for the mark in the 7 zone). But in the lower left corner one can discern (in an enlarged photo) a barely noticeable trail from a bullet — in a centimeter from the edge of the green field.
My result is the same as wolfschanze: 1 from 10 :)
31. Then we arrived at the Dmitry Donskoy 51 regiment.
32. Here we observe how the paratroopers perform the elements of preparation for a parachute jump on VDK shells (springboard, slipway suspension systems, the UTP-76 simulator, the parachute tower).
52. Bloggers were also able to put on mmg parachutes ...
54. ... warm up your ankle, ...
55. ... work out the landing in sawdust, ...
56. ... hang on one simulator ...
57. ... and jump from the other ...
62. After inspecting the simulators, we head to the museum of the military glory of the unit. The 51 regiment, named after Dmitry Donskoy, collaborates with the Museum of the Battle of Kulikovo. The museum helped the regiment to arrange the exhibition.
67. Heading to the barracks.
69. On beds new orthopedic mattresses.
71. Lunch in the army canteen.
77. The eternal flame at the memorial alley.