In the Stavropol Territory, with the blessing of the plenipotentiary Alexander Khloponin, the Cossack detachments start patrolling along with the police. This decision was approved by the Main Internal Affairs Directorate of the region after a collision between Cossacks and Chechens in Zelenokumsk. According to the expert of the Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology of the Russian Academy of Sciences Abdulgamid Bulatov, arming Cossacks is not the best way to resolve an ethnic conflict. True, local authorities promise to bring other national communities to patrols and say that there is no tension in the region.
The authorities were forced to pay special attention to the Stavropol Cossacks after seven representatives of this organization were injured on the night of 27 in November during a conflict with the Chechens. This collision very eloquently characterizes the situation in the region as a result of the division of the SFD into two districts - with the unification of the Russian region and the North Caucasian national republics in one territorial entity.
Russian guys stood up for 15-year-old countrywoman, who tried to rape the brothers Gafurovy. According to the ataman of Terek, the Cossack troops of Alexander Falco, the girl was taken to the house from where she managed to escape. However, she told about the incident to relatives, and they tracked down the car of the offenders. “They started asking local Chechens about those who tried to rape. In response, we heard swearing -“ Do you need Beslan? There will be a second Beslan for you! ”(Beslan is also the name of one of the suspects, - ed.) And made an appointment on Kalinin Street, at which armed people with trauma and firearms left the 175 number. weapons and started shooting at unarmed ", - said the chieftain of the North Caucasus news agency.
The version of the Main Internal Affairs Directorate states that law enforcement officers managed to prevent riots: Chechens were disarmed and arrested. However, according to the records of the Zelenokumsky bloggers, the staff of the traffic police and private security, arriving at the scene of the incident, surrounded the Chechens with a ring - their backs to them and face the Cossacks, as if protecting members of the national minority. Because of the back of the “guards of order”, the Chechens continued to shoot, and even waving crusts, calling themselves the guards of Ramzan Kadyrov.
The administration of the president of Chechnya has already disowned the disturbers of order, and the three arrested Gafurov brothers turned out to be local. However, now the Stavropol police are looking for another one of the Chechen participants in the clash, which, according to some sources, is hiding in the territory of the Chechen Republic.
All this caused excitement in the usually apathetic provincial town. In Cossack society entered immediately 100 new members. Last weekend, residents of Zelenokumsk gathered at the gathering. The head of the Central Internal Affairs Directorate of Stavropol, Lieutenant-General Alexander Gorovoy arrived there. He had to listen to many stories about how the police of the Soviet region refused to accept applications from the victims because of the tyranny of the Chechens.
Gorovoy told the atamans who were present at the gathering that the Sovetsky district police department was reinforced by three cars that would be designed for joint Cossack patrols and law enforcement officers. At the same time, the administration of Zelenokumsk is working on the issue of financing the emerging municipal Cossack squad. Such units, according to Gorovoy, can be formed in all regions of Stavropol.
The initiative to create municipal Cossack squads has already been approved by the presidential envoy to the North Caucasus Federal District Alexander Khloponin. On the eve, he met with young Cossacks of Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia, the Chechen Republic, Dagestan and Stavropol. According to him, the support of the teams is under the jurisdiction of the municipal authorities. The plenipotentiary promised to solve the issue of life and health insurance for the Cossacks at the expense of the regional and municipal budgets.
Thus, the Cossacks, already having their own military units in the Russian army, will now work side by side with the police. However, if in the Armed Forces the Cossack units serve on a general basis, now they receive the special status of "municipal guards", which they have been seeking for many years. Will this help solve the problems of the ousted Russian majority in the Stavropol region or, on the contrary, will increase inter-ethnic tensions? The second scenario is more likely, says Abdulgamid Bulatov, a leading expert at the Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Such a reaction could be expected, but this is not the best option. Because the response may begin. When one side arms and starts patrolling, it is theoretically possible to create armed formations and on the other side, the expert noted in a conversation with NewsInfo. - There should be a state policy aimed at preventing similar situations and on their rigid suppression. That is, if there are Chechens to blame for the skirmish, then they must be identified and punished, regardless of their faces and connections. If the Cossacks are to blame, then in the same way. Punishment should be fair and public. It turns out that there are a lot of officials, and there is no state as a force that would protect the common man. And in the Stavropol region, the situation is quite difficult, there are many immigrants, including Dagestanis. Blaming only them for being resettled is meaningless. They mostly settle in abandoned rural areas. And the earth is not empty, if it is suitable for processing. There must be such a power, which, if necessary, could strike both right and left to punish the criminals from both sides.
- The Cossacks have long sought a status that would allow them to maintain public order.
- Restoration of the previous status, pre-revolutionary, is impossible. It is then necessary to introduce the estate principle. This is unreal. I am not at all in favor of creating formations on the spot, which can turn into support groups for someone from local politicians. In 90-e such история was with national movements. At first, they could really settle something and calm the situation, but very soon they themselves became a source of destabilization. This is a double-edged sword.
The administration of Zelenokumsk and Sovetsky district encourages the Cossacks initiative, although it does not recognize the existence of ethnic conflict. As the head of the district Ivan Palchikov emphasized in an interview with NewsInfo, the Cossack squads will work "at the new organizational level, the question of duty will be worked out." Speaking about the financing of patrols, he noted: "We will consider this issue together with the government of the Stavropol Territory and designate the funds necessary for the maintenance of the Cossack squads."
Palchikov also added: the authorities want to involve in patrol not only the Cossacks, but also representatives of other national communities. So that they, too, "take part in the duty on our settlements and thus influence the citizens who could have committed offenses."
According to him, the basis of the patrol group should be police officers, and the Cossacks and other national representatives should supplement the squad. Whether participation of Chechens, Dagestanis and other national minorities will be financed in the same way as the Cossacks, Palchikov cannot say. "The Cossacks are already an organized force, and for other categories of citizens the issue will be worked out," he explained in an interview with our publication.
- In your opinion, has the situation stabilized, has the population of Zelenokumsk already calmed down?
- The situation and 28 November, after those events, was calm. But the media are trying to loosen it.
-Do you want to say that this episode could in principle go unnoticed?
- We have no facts on the area that were not noticed. But this fact was more highlighted, and the media picked up, as if opposition was indicated here, a conflict on a national basis.
- From your point of view, there is no inter-ethnic conflict on the territory of the Soviet District?
- Meetings, meetings of the head of the Central Internal Affairs Directorate with the population have normalized the situation, and today the area is calm. We are engaged in creative work and will work to improve the maintenance of law and order.
- There is an opinion that the situation worsened after the Stavropol region was included in the NCFD.
- This is said by those who are interested in this.
- You do not share this point of view?
Cossacks undertook to defend Stavropol
Noticed oshЫbku Highlight text and press. Ctrl + Enter