Let's start with the C-56 submarine in the Memorial Complex on the Ship's Quay of Vladivostok.
1. C-56 (C - "Medium") - Soviet diesel-electric torpedo submarine from the time of World War II of the IX-bis series.
2. The submarine was laid 24 November 1936, at the shipyard named after André Marty (from 30 March 1992, State Enterprise Admiralty Shipyards) in Leningrad. Sections by rail delivered to the plant number 202 ("Dalzavod" behalf K. Voroshilov) in Vladivostok, where the final assembly. Launched 25 December 1939 of the year, 20 October 1941 entered service.
3. October 30, 1941, assigned a tactical number and the submarine became part of the Pacific fleet.
October 31 The 1941 of the year on board raised the flag of the Navy of the Soviet Union.
4. 6 October 1942 of the year C-56 under the command of Lieutenant-Commander Grigory Shchedrin paired up with the C-51 submarine under the command of Lieutenant-General Ivan Fomich Kucherenko stepped out of the route: Vladivostok - Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky - Dutch Harbor (USA) Francisco (USA) - Coco-Solo (USA) Panama Canal - Guantanamo (USA) - Halifax (Canada) - Rosyth (Scotland) - Lerwick (Scotland) - Polar. Senior on the transition Hero of the Soviet Union, captain of 1 rank Alexander Vladimirovich Tripolsky.
5. During the war years, C-56 launched 8 combat campaigns, launched 13 attacks with the launch of 30 torpedoes, sank 4 ships (2 combat ships and 2 vehicles) and damaged one, dropped thousands of depth bombs on the submarine over 3. 31 March 1944 for military service The C-56 was awarded the Order of the Red Banner. 23 February 1945, the submarine was awarded the Guards rank.
6. The C-56 is the most productive Soviet submarine in the Great Patriotic War, in terms of the number of reliably sunk targets, while in the submerged tonnage it is significantly inferior to C-13 (44,1 KGT) and L-3 (at least 22,5 KGT).
7. After World War II, she continued service in the Northern Fleet. During the period of July 10 - October 5, 1954 of the year made an inter-fleet transfer on the Northern Sea Route from Ekaterininskaya harbor to Tarja Bay (Kamchatka), and then to Vladivostok, thus making the round-the-world cruise on the Northern Sea Route from Ekaterininskaya Harbor.
8. Since 56 - since 1975, the branch of the Military History Museum of the Pacific Fleet. Together with the patrol ship "Red Pennant" (the former steam yacht "Admiral Zavoyko") is included in the memorial complex "Fighting Glory of the Pacific Fleet".
9. The interior of the submarine converted into a museum. In the stern of the submarine is an exhibition dedicated to the submarine forces of the Pacific Fleet. In the central and forward parts of the submarine compartments are stored, torpedo ammunition is placed on the racks. The current periscope.
10. On the C-56 takes place daily ceremony of raising and lowering the naval flag. The Huys of the Navy of the USSR rises on the Guysystock submarine, on the flagpole - the Red Banner Guards Naval Flag of the USSR.
12. Bust of the Hero of the Soviet Union Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Nikolai Gerasimovich Kuznetsov at the Headquarters of the Pacific Fleet of the Russian Navy
16. In 1985, the C-56 submarine and the "Red Pennant" entered the general ensemble of the Glory Memorial of the Pacific Fleet, supplemented by a sculptural composition and memorial plates with Eternal Flame in the central part. The authors of the complex are sculptor V. Nenazhivin and architect A. Sandyuk.
18. The eternal flame and the chapel in memory of the dead sailors
19. Artillery gun from the destroyer "Voikov"
24. At the pier, a memorial ship "The Red Pennant" was erected on an eternal anchor. It was launched on the Okhta River in St. Petersburg in 1911, and was called “Admiral Zavoyko” in honor of the hero of the Peter and Paul Defense 1854, Zavoyko Vasily Stepanovich. In 1923, the Admiral Zavoyko returned to Vladivostok and became the first ship of the Soviet Republic in the Pacific, having received a new name, the Red Pennant. He carried the guard service for the protection of the maritime borders of the USSR, and in 1945, he took part in military operations in the Pacific.
25. Launched in October 1910 at the Okhta shipyard in St. Petersburg under the name "Admiral Zavoyko." The yacht was built by order of the Kamchatka Governor-General and was intended for the needs of the local administration. In August, the 1911 ship arrived in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and was used as a messenger and passenger ship. During the First World War, the ship was subordinate to the Military Department.
26. After the October Revolution, in conditions of general decomposition, the crew of the yacht 29 November 1917 went over to the side of the Soviet government. In June, the 1918 ship was repulsed by the White Guards, but in January 1921 was captured by the troops of the Far Eastern Republic and incorporated into the Siberian military flotilla. During the counter-revolutionary coup in Vladivostok in May, the 1921 Admiral Zavoyko was in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, where the yacht was carrying ammunition for the local military revolutionary committee. Upon learning of the coup, the crew decided to evacuate to Shanghai, where the ship was located for about two years. After Vladivostok was abandoned by units of the Zemsky rati in October 1922, the yacht was to return to Russia. 24 January 1923 on it was raised by the naval flag of the USSR and two months later the ship arrived in Vladivostok. At the same time, in March, the 1923 yacht was transferred to the class of patrol ships and renamed the “Red Pennant”.
27. During World War II, "Red Vympel" performed work on the laying of submarine cables, provided the parking of submarines on remote unequipped raids and combat operations of ships in the Pacific Ocean. In October, 1944, it was converted into a control hydroacoustic station. After the war, for the fulfillment of tasks to detect enemy mines and develop methods for trapping their 23 crew member were awarded orders and medals.
29. 11 March 1958 veteran was put on eternal parking in the Golden Horn Bay and turned into a memorial museum ship.