Military Review

Wunderwaffe for Pantservaffe, "Mouse"

42



Despite the large number of superheavy projects developed in Germany tanks (such as E-100, K 7001 (K), “Bear” and “Mouse”), only “Mouse” was fully embodied in the metal and passed the tests. The production of the super-heavy tank E-100 was stopped at the end of 1944 at the stage of assembly of the chassis. Work on VK. 7001 (K) and "Bear" did not leave the stage of outline design at all.

Thus, the Mouse is currently the only super-heavy tank brought up to the prototype stage. (Literal translation "Mauschen" - "Mouse" (in a diminutively tender sense of the word), which characterizes a fair sense of humor of German specialists. Here and hereinafter the traditional 1945 name for the domestic technical literature of the tank is kept.)

Super heavy tank "Mouse"

In December, X. NUMX, Mr. F. Porsche, in his report to A. Hitler, announced the completion of all preparatory stages of organizing the production of super heavy tank Tour 1942 at Krupp with a monthly release of up to five cars per month and about the readiness to submit the first prototype to the summer of 205. .

The full-size wooden mock-up of the 1 Mysh tank was demonstrated to Hitler by the 4, while 1943 was shown. This show was the occasion for convening a meeting in Berlin on 21 in January, where the projects of the Porsche and Krupp super-heavy tanks were discussed. The result was a decision to complete the assembly of two Porsche tank prototypes by the end of 1943 and, in the case of successful trials, proceed to mass production with a production rate of ten vehicles per month.

2 February 1943, when work on the “Little Mouse” was in full swing, the OKN made significant changes to the project. As an additional weapon, it was proposed to use a flamethrower installation in the tank, which caused a sharp protest of the designers, as it entailed an increase in the production time of the machines. But the OKN not only insisted on the implementation of this item, but three days later it demanded that the MG20 / 151 automatic gun be installed on the tank as an anti-aircraft weapon.

However, in mid-February 1943, before the completion of the design work on the tank, it was decided to start its mass production. Krupp received an order to manufacture 120 hulls and turrets for the Little Mouse tank. According to the agreed schedule, the following monthly release was planned: November 1943 - two buildings, December 1943 - four, January 1944 - six, February 1944 - eight and further ten buildings a month. The production of the towers was to be carried out according to a similar scheme, but with a shift one month later.

Of the several options, we chose the scheme for feeding two flame-throwers on the right and left sides of the hull. The flamethrower system provided flamethrowing at a distance of up to 60. Fireman was ejected by a centrifugal pump driven by an autonomous two-stroke engine with an 30 hp power. (22 kW) with a displacement of 1100 cm3. Flamethrowers were controlled from the radio operator’s site. The total mass of the installation, consisting of a tank for the 1000l tank with a mixture, a pump with an engine, a control system, pipelines and two armored hoses, was 4900 kg.

A sketchy proposal by Krupp for placing an anti-aircraft gun with a 20-mm MG151 / 20 automatic cannon in the tower of the Mouse tank


One of the options for installing weapons in the tower of the tank "Mouse"


At first, the suspension system of the experienced VK.179 (P), tested earlier, was supposed to be used in the suspension system of the 4501 mass, but after installing the flamethrower, the total combat weight of the tank increased by 5,5%. This required the introduction of two additional suspension assemblies and, therefore, led to an increase in the length of the machine body. Therefore, together with the company Škoda (Skoda) it was decided to install a spring-spiral suspension. In addition, the placement of flamethrower equipment entailed the finalization of the aft part of the tank armor hull, and the problems encountered when changing the layout required reducing the total mass of the flamethrower system to 2 tons.

At the beginning of March 1943, the Krupp company completed the preliminary design of the 20-mm anti-aircraft automatic cannon in the tank turret. It was located in front of the turret to the left of the 128-mm cannon and was rigidly connected to the artillery system. Thus, the vertical alignment angles of the anti-aircraft installation corresponded to the angles of guidance of the main armament, and in the horizontal plane the guidance was provided by turning the tower. The anti-aircraft gun ammunition initially made up 250 shots, but was later reduced to 80 shots. For aimed shooting it was supposed to use the periscope of the tank commander, for which it was necessary to increase his field of view from 10 to 30 '.

6 April 1943, Mr A. Speer, the Minister of Weapons, arrived in Stuttgart (Stuttgart) on an inspection visit, who examined the wooden model of the tank with the changes made. 10 on April was followed by an order to send him to Brechtesgaden (Berchtesgaden). The layout was disassembled and prepared for shipment, but on April 16 a new order was received to assemble the layout.



Armored tower super heavy tank "Mouse"


At the beginning of May 1943, at the main headquarters in Rustenburg, Hitler inspected the wooden mock-up of a tank with a flamethrower. From us-

Flamethrowers and 20-mm anti-aircraft guns were abandoned. The ensuing requirement to place an autonomous turret of circular rotation with an 37-mm anti-aircraft gun on the tank was also rejected due to lack of space. The total number of tanks for mass production increased from 120 to 135 units. From that moment on, the Mouse turned into an adult mouse - its name was reduced to Mouse (Mans).

By July 1943, the development work on the 205 Tank (Mouse) tank design project was completed, during which various weapon options with twin installations were considered:
-105-mm anti-aircraft and 75-mm tank guns;
-127-mm naval and 75-mm tank guns;
-128-mm and 75-mm tank guns;
-150-mm special tank (or sea) and 75-mm tank guns.

Department of management of super-heavy tank "Mouse" (full-size wooden mock-up)


Preference was given to a paired artillery system consisting of an 128-mm KwK 44 L / 55 cannon and an 75-mm KwK40 L / 36,6 cannon. In the future, it was planned to switch to a system that included the 150-mm and 75-mm guns. At the same time completed the manufacture of electromechanical transmission.

In addition to the controversial requirements for auxiliary weapons, design work on

the Mouse tank was complicated by the consequences of the bombing of the Anglo-American aviation. In early March 1943, as a result of the bombing of Essen, serious damage was inflicted on the design department of the Krupp company. In a fire, design documentation was damaged. A month later, as a result of a new raid, a full-sized wooden mock-up burned out. These events pushed the start of production of armored hulls and towers by a month.


The armored hull of the super heavy tank "Mouse"


From 1 August to 23 December 1943 at the Alkett factory in Berlin, which had the necessary assembly and handling equipment, assembled the first prototype of the Mouse Tank 205 / 1 Tank without installing a tower with weapons. After completing the factory tests, the tank on a specially designed platform with a load capacity of 180 t was sent for finishing work and debugging to the Porsche company. Due to the excessive dimensions of the tank, the transportation itself was a very risky experiment, but it was quite successful.

The following companies took part in the manufacture of the tank Tour 205:
- "Krupp" (Friedrich Krupp AG, Essen) - a building and a tower with weapons;
- “Skoda” (Skoda, Plzen) - chassis (support rollers, suspension, tracks) and the mechanical part of the transmission (final drives and guitars);
- “Daimler-Benz” (Daimler-Benz AG, Stuttgart) - power plant;
- “Siemens-Schukert” (Siemens-Schuckert, Berlin) - electric generator unit, traction electric motors and electro-switching equipment for controlling an electromechanical transmission;
- Friedrichshafen Gear Factory (Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen, Friedrichshafen) - intermediate gearbox with drives for cooling system fans;
- “Ber” (Ber, Stuttdart) - water and oil radiators of the engine cooling system and water radiators of the cooling system of the exhaust manifolds;
- “Mann and Hummel” (Mann und Hummel, Ludwigsburd) - air purifiers.


The prototype tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 1 with load-cast tower during testing at the company "Alkett." December 1943 g


Prototype tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 1 with load-cast tower, 1944 g


Check out the tank Tour 205 / 1 for factory testing. Park tank school in the area Beblingen, spring 1944 g


But the main burden of work on the tank fell on the shoulders of the designers of the company "Porsche". The challenge was to develop a special air-cooled diesel tank engine with an output of 1800 hp. (1324 kW). In order to save time, the DB-603A2 DB-152AXNUMX aircraft with direct fuel injection designed for the Focke-Wulf Ta-XNUMXC fighter and specially modified by Daimler-Benz was used as the power plant.

Particular attention in the manufacture of the tank was paid to ensure the reliability of its units and mechanisms. All units were subjected to multiple tests before installation in the tank. So, the power generating unit after the factory tests was transported to Stuttgart at the factory of the company "Daimler-Benz", to the laboratory of Professor Kamm, where they conducted its additional bench tests together with the carburetor engine.


The first prototype of the tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 1 with load-cast tower


Despite the fact that the official order prescribed the organization of mass production, the leadership of the tank commission had a firm opinion - to confine ourselves at the first stage to the manufacture of five samples for testing and design evaluation. In July, 1943 reduced the production program to five cars per month. The situation at the end of the summer of 1943 on the Soviet-German front required the concentration of all German forces and resources to recover the losses incurred. In October 1943, the Krupp company was informed of the need to complete all work related to the manufacture of the Mouse tank by November 1943 and direct the released opportunities to the implementation of other production programs. Issued earlier order reduced to two buildings and one tower.



Tests of a prototype super-heavy tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 1 with load-cast tower. Because of the erroneous actions of the driver, the tank was on the ground, impassable even for light tanks. After clearing the ground and laying the wooden flooring, the car was able to be driven under its own power. Spring 1944 g


A total of two prototypes of the Mouse tank were manufactured and sent to Stuttgart at the Alkett plant in Berlin. One of them, the 205 / 1 Tour, had a specially cast load tower, and the 205 / 2 Tour was without a tower. Native tower with weapons was taken to Stuttgart and installed on the second car later. At the factory site of the firm "Porsche", on the territory of the tank school in Böblingen near Stuttgart, under the guidance of the chief designer Professor F. Porsche passed the final factory tests of prototypes.

To carry out comprehensive tests of the tank, both prototypes were transported to a pilot tank research range of the military department in Kummersdorf, located in the vicinity of Zossen.

Scheme of placing orders for the production of components and assemblies of super-heavy tank “Mouse”


The second prototype super-heavy tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 2 on a specially designed railway platform. When unloading the Tour 205 / 1 was used as a tractor


Since June, the 1944 began the sea trials of the first sample of the Mouse with a turret. In September of the same year, a second model with installed weapons was delivered to the landfill for carrying out running and artillery tests.

Factory tests of a prototype tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 1 on the territory of the landfill of a tank school in Beblingen near Stuttgart, spring 1944 g


The prototype tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 2 with an installed turret with weapons


Kummersdorf Test Site

The Kummersdorf test site should be described separately. It was located in 50 km south of Berlin and was part of a whole complex designed for testing various military equipment: artillery, tank, engineering, chemical and other types of weapons. The landfill had two branches: in Thuringia (testing machines in mountain conditions) and in the Tyrolean Alps (testing in conditions of deep snow cover). The main activity of the landfill was focused on conducting full-scale road tests of the machine as a whole. Laboratory tests of components and assemblies were carried out to a much smaller extent.



It was possible to carry out tests to determine the technical characteristics of all types of tanks. The presence of 100-t crane and 100-t scales of direct weighing allowed to determine the weight of the tank and the location of the center of gravity. To determine the fordable depth, a pool with adjustable water level was used. Tests to determine the size of the vertical wall to be overcome were carried out on special concrete scarps. The design of the moat was universal and allowed to carry out tests of both heavy and light tanks. Optionally, it was possible to change the width of the moat by laying additional bars.

Special profiled concrete road and its profile


General view of the exit to the test sites


Plot of high-speed concrete road with laid wooden flooring for suspension testing


Unfinished construction of boxing for heavy tanks


Pool for determining the depth of fordable


Studies of the undercarriage of the tank when moving with a roll were carried out on a specially prepared bumpy dirt road. The side roll of the tank when moving on it reached 15 '. For testing to determine the injectivity and maximum speed of the tank there was a special concrete road with a length of 300 m. In cases where the length of the road was insufficient for determining the maximum speed, the tests were carried out on a concrete 3-km straight and horizontal section of the state road leading to the landfill.

Concrete road was also used to test the suspension of the tank. In this case, the laying of special flooring from boards was provided. At one of the sections of the road, the boards were laid out in such a way as to obtain a surface profile in the form of a sinusoid. In order to avoid shifting the flooring, all the boards were fastened together.

Tests to determine the climb on different gears and traction characteristics of the tank were conducted on the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 55, 65, 45,55, ascent. Climbing 65 and 15% had a clinker coating, and the clinker was specifically hewn to improve grip. The area of ​​the landfill designated for determining the average speed of movement, ease of control on a dirt road and on sharply rugged terrain was a series of ridges with a height 20 — XNUMX m.

The site of the landfill, designed for testing, by definition, overcome lifting


Wunderwaffe for Pantservaffe, "Mouse"
Clinker tracks with a rise of more than 45%


Vertical walls. The upper part of the wall for the convenience of replacement was made up of wooden bars. The platform in front of the wall is laid with small concrete pavers


Elevating 110-t crane at the landfill loading area




The prototype tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 2 at the Kummersdorf site. 1944 g. Mouse; 205 / 1 Tour; and 205 / 2 Tour at the Kummersdorf training ground. April 1945 g

The prototype tank "Mouse" Tour 205 / 2 at the Kummersdorf site. Xnumx


The 10-km road was laid across these ridges, had ups and downs to 25% and a large number of turns. Moreover, the ups and downs alternated every 80 — 150 m, creating extremely difficult conditions for the tested machines.

To study the operation of air cleaners at the site, there was a dust chamber, which was an elongated building with a large layer of dry dust poured onto the floor. During the tests, the tank entered from one end of the building, passed through the dust chamber and went out into the courtyard, continuing the circular path. The presence of such a camera made it possible to carry out tests at any time of the year under conditions corresponding to the movement of the tank in a convoy along a dusty road.

Tests for wear, requiring a large mileage, were carried out not only on the dirt road of the landfill, but also on the adjacent state roads (the location of the landfill in a relatively sparsely populated area provided such an opportunity). Individual routes reached the length of 445 km and included various types of roads (unpaved and concrete motorways).

At the end of 1942, construction of a separate hull for heavy tanks began at the Kummersdor-fe site.

Thus, the Kummersdorf landfill in its equipment with special road structures was one of the best and allowed to carry out comprehensive tests of armored vehicles. The availability of materials for testing a large number of tanks of various designs (including countries opposing Germany) made it possible to make a fully justified comparative assessment of a particular tank.

The results of the sea trials of the Mysh tank showed that doubts about his ability to overcome various obstacles turned out to be unfounded. According to the testimony of an employee of the firm “Alket”, a leading engineer of La Ubé, who is responsible for the installation of the tank, the tests showed good results in all terrain, maneuverability and controllability.


A prototype of the Mouse tank Tour 205 / 1, found at the Kummersdorf site, in preparation for the evacuation. Summer 1945


A tank assembled from two destroyed vehicles Tour 205 / 1 (hull) and Tour 205 / 2 (tower) and mounted on a special railway platform before being sent to the USSR. Summer 1945


The final

When approaching the Soviet troops because of the inability to evacuate the tanks, the Germans made an attempt to destroy them. After the capitulation of Germany, the Red Army units found both vehicles on the territory of the Kummers Dorf test site. The 205 / 1 tour with a load tower was located in the western batteries of the Kummersdorf artillery training ground, and the 205 / 2 Tour was located at the Stamp camp site near Zossen, 14 km from Kum-Mersdorf. Both tanks were put out of action, and the tank, which was located in Stammlagere, was partially destroyed by an explosion. A preliminary inspection and study of the detected vehicles at the site, carried out by the department of A.P. Pokrovsky 2, revealed the presence of design features - the use of electric transmission and coaxial installation of guns: a large caliber (128 mm) and a caliber 76 mm.

Andrey Pavlovich Pokrovsky (19 November 1902g.-October 1976g.), Graduated from the Kiev Engineering Institute in 1929. During the period of work in the Ukrainian Research Aviation Diesel Institute (UNIADI. Kharkiv, 1931-1939 years) he passed from the engineer- designer to the deputy chief of the test station. He was directly involved in the development, testing, fine-tuning and serialization of the B-2 diesel engine. In 1939 He was sent to the Leningrad Kirovsky Plant to assist in the implementation of this engine on a heavy KV tank.

From 1941, the Deputy Chief Designer for Engine Building at the Chelyabinsk Kirov Plant. In 1942 he was seconded to Stalingrad, and then on the 1 Ukrainian Front to organize the repair of engines and tanks directly in military units and train personnel.

In the period 1945-1948. in the rank of engineer lieutenant colonel he was appointed head of the technical department at the Directorate of Science and Technology of the Soviet Administration in Germany. The materials collected and summarized under his leadership contributed to the development of scientific research in the field of armored vehicles in the USSR.

After completing work in Germany as the head of the motor department, the VNII-SO (VNIITransMash) made a great contribution to the improvement of the units of the motor units. For merits in the creation and development of armored combat vehicle engines, he was awarded the Order of the Red Star (1942), the Labor Red Banner (1945). Awarded the title of laureate of the USSR State Prize in Sgaly III (1951 g).





A prototype of the 205 / 2 Mouse Tour tank found at the Kummersdorf test site. The tank was blown up by the Germans during the retreat. On the roof of the tower are clearly visible fans of the fighting compartment. Summer 1945




In order to turn the 55-ton tower into a convenient position for loading and transportation, it was necessary to use six powerful semi-tracked tractor units. Pay attention to the mounting of the cables on the tower. In the photo on the right below you can see that the tower is overturned on a cage of sleepers. Summer 1945


At the direction of the commander of the BT and MB BC, one of the two destroyed tanks was assembled in place, which was sent to the USSR for a detailed study and analysis of the 3 design. 4 May 1946. The tank arrived at the NIIBT training ground of the GBTU KA (p. Kubinka). Now he is in the exposition of the Military History Museum of armored weapons and equipment.

As for the fate of the super-heavy tank E-100, after the surrender of the territory of Germany fell under the control of the Anglo-American administration. In this zone, at the Henschel plant, the allies discovered an unfinished prototype of this machine. Subsequently, the E-100 was taken out for detailed study and research in the UK.

Six powerful captured half-track tractors at the time of turning the 55-ton turret of the tank Tour 205 / 2. Summer xnumx


The personnel of the unit that evacuated tanks in the USSR. Summer xnumx


A tank assembled from two destroyed cars on a special railway platform before being sent to the USSR. Summer xnumx


Author:
Articles from this series:
Wunderwaffe for Pantservaffe, "Mouse"
Wunderwaffe for Pantservaffe. Description of the design of the tank "Mouse"
42 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. biglow
    biglow 2 March 2013 12: 08 New
    +1
    The designers of such tanks were probably either dreamers or pests behind enemy lines, otherwise such gigantism cannot be explained
    1. Andrey77
      Andrey77 2 March 2013 12: 58 New
      24
      They were scientists, not military. The needs of the Wehrmacht they were to the bulb. From an engineering point of view, the project deserves at least a round of applause. Well, the fact that Hitler was spending resources on such experiments here - thank God.
      1. Mikhail3
        Mikhail3 2 March 2013 17: 14 New
        +6
        More precisely, they did not want to go to the Eastern Front. They desperately did not want to ... From some point on, one can clearly see a great desire to test and test the tank. Screw on and off. A flamethrower, cannons, gravitsapu ... just don't lead a good, but such ... vulnerable "tiger" against these invincible Russians! I myself am such a "scientist". True, I don't expect applause ...
        1. wasjasibirjac
          wasjasibirjac 3 March 2013 08: 24 New
          +2
          Porsche is Stalin's personal agent. urgently confer the title of Hero of the Soviet Union with the wording - "for undermining the defense of the Wehrmacht" wink
    2. vilenich
      vilenich 2 March 2013 14: 04 New
      +7
      Quote: biglow
      The designers of such tanks were probably either dreamers or pests behind enemy lines, otherwise such gigantism cannot be explained

      That may be so, but who will explain the fact of the development by the Germans in a relatively short historical period of time of such a large number of large-scale projects in various fields!
      1. Civil
        Civil 2 March 2013 16: 24 New
        -1
        nationalism allows collective decisions ...
      2. redwolf_13
        redwolf_13 2 March 2013 17: 23 New
        +3
        This is a big question. Everyone shrugs. Here's another interesting thing: why is a sickle and a hammer painted on the sides, and a star on the experimental tower (it can be seen in the photographs and in the diagram)? Who knows
        1. bairat
          bairat 2 March 2013 19: 25 New
          0
          They wanted to hide the fact of testing a new tank. Nearby at the test site, our captured tanks were tested, and this one seemed to be a bunch with them.
        2. Kars
          Kars 2 March 2013 19: 37 New
          +1
          Quote: redwolf_13
          and on the experimental tower is a star (visible in the photographs and in the diagram)? Who knows

          Where I saw a star --- a photo already with Soviet soldiers in captured Kumersdorf. What else should they draw.
      3. Per se.
        Per se. 2 March 2013 20: 04 New
        +4
        Quote: vilenich
        but who will explain the fact of the development by the Germans in a relatively short historical period of time of such a large number of large-scale projects in various fields!
        The Germans are not at all fools, as we would like to put them here, they simply did not have to count on the number (although, until the end of the war, they managed to create numerical superiority at the forefront of their counterattacks), there was only hope for quality, for the superiority of the miracle weapon. If they weren't doing T-V, this "Maus", rivet your "fours", it would not have saved them, they understood it, and so, there was hope, there was a chance. Work on the atomic bomb, by the way, is also of the Wunderwaffe category, but there was not enough time and resources. The world did not see the intercontinental V-3, brought by "Panther-II", the transformation of the experimental "Mouse" into the likeness of the Israeli "Merkava". Well, thank God.
      4. Val_y
        Val_y 4 March 2013 12: 58 New
        0
        That's just it, that by solving such large-scale tasks, a huge number of parallel tasks are being solved that can (and are used) in other industries and in other projects.
    3. Avenger711
      Avenger711 2 March 2013 14: 45 New
      -9
      Just like our idiots who were building all kinds of KV-5s, and after the war they were wrecking with IS-4, until they were taken for eggs, only then they gave out a working IS-8 aka T-10.
      1. bairat
        bairat 2 March 2013 19: 28 New
        +9
        These "idiots" made a huge leap in tank building in ten years. With such a rapid development, mistakes and wrong decisions are inevitable, there is no one to match. But on the whole, "idiots" deserve honor and respect.
    4. PDM80
      PDM80 3 March 2013 20: 25 New
      +3
      So in the photo of the tank that got stuck in the mud, there is a closer look at the sickle and hammer, they did not even try to hide who they work for laughing Thank God that madness found it on the Nazis, otherwise the war could have lasted longer.
  2. Pashhenko Nikolay
    Pashhenko Nikolay 2 March 2013 12: 16 New
    +1
    It’s good that they kept the device, but did not let it go to a fool.
  3. erix-xnumx
    erix-xnumx 2 March 2013 12: 20 New
    +1
    I used to be near this tank in Kubinka ...
  4. valiant
    valiant 2 March 2013 12: 33 New
    +3



    And this is our answer: U-19 mega-St. John's wort
    In April 1942, the Deputy People's Commissar of the Tank Industry Kotin instructed the special. KB UZTM development of a heavy assault ACS. The project, which received the factory index U-19, assumed the installation of a 203-mm B-4 howitzer on the KV chassis. The howitzer was installed in a closed wheelhouse with 75 mm frontal armor and 60 mm sides. The roof of the cabin was supposed to be removable, while its thickness reached 30 mm. For the convenience of loading the howitzer on the roof, special equipment was designed, which resembled a similar system in the "Sturmtiger". According to the design calculations, the combat weight of the U-19 reached 66 tons, and the height was 3505 mm, which is 5 mm higher than the Pz.Kpfw. Maus. Lead the development of the project L.I. Gorlitsky. The U-19 project entered the Artkom GAU in September 1942, for a number of reasons it was rejected.
    TsAMO RF, 81 Foundation, 12038 inventory, case # 117
  5. kotdavin4i
    kotdavin4i 2 March 2013 12: 39 New
    +1
    The Germans always had a desire to create the most in their blood.
    1. Andrey77
      Andrey77 2 March 2013 13: 07 New
      +1
      I would clarify. Not the most, but the most original / new.
    2. Ch0sen1
      Ch0sen1 3 March 2013 12: 01 New
      +2
      Ours in this field also noted that in tank building, that in aviation.
      If you recall the T-35, T-100, SMK against the background of serial tanks of those years, they looked no less monstrous than Mouse at the end of the war.
  6. imperiolist
    imperiolist 2 March 2013 13: 38 New
    +3
    Rat (German: Ratte), P1000 - designation of an extra-heavy breakthrough tank and artillery support, a land cruiser weighing up to 2000 tons, a project which was developed in Germany in 1942-1945. There could be such incidents
    1. wasjasibirjac
      wasjasibirjac 3 March 2013 08: 28 New
      0
      it was they who planted the Russian idea, sort of evil am
  7. Kars
    Kars 2 March 2013 13: 45 New
    +1
    _____________________
    1. Kars
      Kars 2 March 2013 13: 46 New
      +3
      ______________
      1. Kars
        Kars 2 March 2013 16: 16 New
        +1
        By the way, looking at the projects of super-heavy German tanks, for some reason, stagnation is visible. That Mouse is an E-100. At first, until the E-75, the branch is quite logical.

        Especially seen in comparison with our IS-7
        1. Kars
          Kars 2 March 2013 19: 43 New
          +2
          ____________ is-2
          1. bask
            bask 2 March 2013 20: 39 New
            0
            Quote: Kars
            ____ is-2

            Yesterday on the branch. By T-80.
            I answered you. Just on the topic of Maus. If you create MBT Cannon caliber 152 mm. Mass MBT will be under 90 tons.
            Only one way out. To create from the classical, armor steel only the MBT frame. The rest of the reservation, from composite materials and remote sensing.
            1. Kars
              Kars 3 March 2013 00: 25 New
              +2
              Quote: bask
              MBT Cannon caliber 152 mm. Mass MBT will be under 90 tons

              Object 292 does not pull on 90 tons. probably not 50


              I will assume a maximum of 75-80 tons, in principle, there will be no big difference in logistics from 60-70 (Merkava 4).

              With Mouse Fritz drove something, purely engineering.
              1. Val_y
                Val_y 4 March 2013 13: 04 New
                0
                So they have right angles along the hull and armored track protection (10 tone for sure). hi
  8. Nightcrawler
    Nightcrawler 2 March 2013 13: 46 New
    +6
    The weight of the tank could be reduced if the Germans used rational angles of inclination. Luckily for us, they were fond of the "square" shapes.
  9. Bambino
    Bambino 2 March 2013 14: 49 New
    +6
    The mouse is still a German fail! Hitler was an asshole and a Berlin dreamer with faith all-conquering prodigies! The problem with German tank building is that it created too sophisticated and technological machines for its time, if it weren’t for garbage to create a simple and practical analogue of our thirty-four and riveted it like hot cakes.
    1. Andrey77
      Andrey77 3 March 2013 14: 07 New
      0
      Then the world would be different now. But history does not tolerate the subjunctive mood. And this is only about tanks. Our DPL project 613 (which served until the 80s) - a copy of the German VIIC. bully
    2. Val_y
      Val_y 4 March 2013 13: 10 New
      -1
      It’s not true, yours, they never "toiled garbage" T-4 was produced, but they move further than the T-5 (Panther) very good tank, by the way, in contrast to the "thirty-four". Optics, fluff - excellent, transmission and gasoline engine that's where the stupidity.
  10. georg737577
    georg737577 2 March 2013 15: 09 New
    +5
    I want to express gratitude to the author of the article - informative, interesting and perfectly illustrated! Thanks you!
  11. alex shnajder
    alex shnajder 2 March 2013 15: 13 New
    +2
    You can argue a lot, but if it would appear on the battlefield in some quantity it could cause trouble locally, but in general it is nothing more than an applied research.
  12. Volkhov
    Volkhov 2 March 2013 15: 14 New
    +4
    There is nothing stupid in Rat and Mouse - these are atomic war defensive tanks leaving the tunnels - the Mouse is anti-landing, and the Rat is like an atomic artillery gun.
    Compare the IS-3 under the influence of a nuclear weapon and a mouse - whoever rolls over and is more irradiated ... Especially since Peony with open calculation and a Rat with 300 mm of armor in a circle - the wall like an atomic reactor reduces the background by 1000 times. A peony cannot shoot an ulcer next to it, but a Rat can ...
    It is better to really imagine their capabilities - for example, Stalin wanted to deal with them and armed himself with "Stalingrad" and Il-28, and now they are trying, but before that they disarmed.
  13. nnz226
    nnz226 2 March 2013 15: 22 New
    +3
    You don’t need to cast out in the design! Ours made a workhorse - T-34 and went through the whole war with it, only modernizing it. No wonder the T-34 is the best tank of the 2-World War II, and, according to the Discovery Channel, the whole 20 century! Everything ingenious is simple!
    1. bairat
      bairat 2 March 2013 19: 35 New
      +1
      For its time the creation of the T-34 was the most that neither is exile. Armor, engine, gun - not a single parameter was equal.
    2. sscha
      sscha 2 March 2013 19: 43 New
      0
      Everything ingenious is simple! drinks
    3. Kars
      Kars 3 March 2013 00: 26 New
      0
      Quote: nnz226
      Ours made a workhorse - T-34 and went through the whole war with it, only modernizing it. No wonder the T-34 - the best tank of the 2nd World War


      Probably interested in a pram-free photo of Berlin
  14. NAPOLEON
    NAPOLEON 2 March 2013 15: 37 New
    -2
    it seems that Germans are reasonable people have to doubt
  15. Alan
    Alan 2 March 2013 20: 40 New
    +1
    Everything new was created by dreamers; there wouldn’t be; there would be many technical achievements. Long live the dreamers
  16. cobalt
    cobalt 2 March 2013 21: 10 New
    +3
    The article is entertaining, interesting photos, but the most remarkable thing is that in the photo, on these iron monsters of the Reich, as a result, our fighters are sitting. And despite all the German technical tricks, our grandfathers paid them, like that.

    I also want to note that before the war, ours were also fond of creating large tanks, but they didn’t go into the series - the T-100 and SMK, one of them being knocked out on the mannerheim line and so they couldn’t fire him from the battlefield, so heavy.

    here is a photo smk
    http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3614/falke04.43/0_180f2_414cac44_XL.jpg

    here is a photo of our other monster
    1. 73petia
      73petia 3 March 2013 00: 48 New
      0
      Yes, not knocked out. In a mine, the suspension was damaged. Therefore, they could not immediately be evacuated.
    2. Romeohihnic
      Romeohihnic 3 March 2013 12: 41 New
      0
      SU-100-Y (read as SU-hundred-igrek) is an experimental Soviet heavy self-propelled artillery mount, built on the basis of the experimental T-100 heavy tank. It was released in 1940 in a single copy. Occasionally applied during the battle of Moscow in the winter of 1941-1942.
  17. rJIiOK
    rJIiOK 3 March 2013 15: 21 New
    0
    In general, we cut through with the assembly ... almost 3 of the year to do 2 sample ..
  18. Ramses_IV
    Ramses_IV 3 March 2013 16: 26 New
    +1
    But I wonder why the Germans drew a hammer and sickle on its board? (first photo where he is in the mud)
  19. Larus
    Larus 3 March 2013 19: 50 New
    0
    Here we are also sculpting wunderwafes today, who are only good from afar, and not in business. The flag is in their hands to continue to sculpt non-lifting projects.
    1. Andrey77
      Andrey77 6 March 2013 17: 30 New
      0
      The Lord is with you. A specific wunderwaffle "Mouse" is discussed here.
  20. Bosk
    Bosk 4 March 2013 21: 21 New
    0
    In fact, the Little Mouse was not thought of as a tank in the classical sense of the word, it was thought of as a mobile fire point ... roughly speaking, like an artillery bunker on tracks ... and if you look at the Mouse from this point of view, it’s quite an interesting idea ... after all, a dozen of such points can create a sort of mini-line Zikfrid with moving flanks and other squiggles of which concrete forts dug into the ground are deprived.
    1. Andrey77
      Andrey77 6 March 2013 17: 38 New
      0
      The thought is crazy. Place 8 (!!) StuG III around the perimeter ... The mouse is out of work ... Do you bet?