The entry into force of this law was accompanied by an unprecedented PR. First, more than a year before the beginning of the law, the highest level began to sound (and did not stop until December 2011) public promises to increase at times the level of military labor, as well as the relevant instructions to state bodies and individual officials. Secondly, the very next day after the signing of the aforementioned law, the overwhelming majority of the mass media, including the government-owned Rossiyskaya Gazeta, published messages under similar headings: “President Dmitry Medvedev signed the law“ On the allowance of military personnel and the provision of certain payments to them ” “From January 1 2012, the monetary allowance for military personnel will be increased by 2,5 – 3 times.”
The law is, with payments unclear
At the same time, apparently, deliberately (after all, it is difficult to suspect all journalists who have written on this subject of incompetence and unfamiliarity with the text of the regulatory legal act about which they report) was silent that the federal law “On the monetary allowance of military personnel and the provision of certain payments to them "Did not raise the money allowance at all (he only ordered the government of the Russian Federation to establish uniform salary levels for military ranks, salary levels for typical military posts of military personnel, passing their military service under the contract, and salary according to standard military posts of servicemen undergoing military service). On the contrary, the aforementioned law and the federal law “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation and Recognition of Certain Provisions of Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation” adopted on the same day in connection with the adoption of the Federal Law “On the monetary allowance of military personnel and the provision of certain payments” of the Federal Law “On Social Guarantees for Employees of the Internal Affairs Bodies of the Russian Federation and Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation” tmenyali a number of payments and in-kind benefits for servicemen. Below is an incomplete list. To assess the change in the real wage of military labor, it is necessary to calculate not only the change in the absolute value of the money allowance, but also the value expression of the abolished benefits.
1. The payment to servicemen undergoing military service under the contract, conscientiously acting as military service, according to the results of the calendar (academic) year of a lump-sum monetary remuneration in the amount of three payroll salaries has been canceled.
2. The payment of the monthly allowance for complexity, tension and a special regime of military service, which among other things bore the function of monetary compensation for previously canceled in-kind benefits, was canceled.
3. The relative amount of the long-term service premium has been significantly reduced, in particular, the length of service has been increased, at which this supplement starts to be paid (from six months to two years) and its maximum value is reduced (from 70 to 40 percent of the salary).
4. In fact, the salary supplements for the positions of associate professor and professor, academic degrees of candidate and doctor of science for military personnel serving in the scientific and teaching staff of military educational institutions of higher professional education have been canceled. The result is an absurd situation. The Federal Law “On Higher and Postgraduate Vocational Education” (Section 5 Art. 30) establishes that faculty members of higher educational institutions are paid premiums for official salaries in the amount of 40 percent for an associate professor position, 60 percent for a professor position, 3000 rubles - for the degree of Candidate of Science, 7000 rubles - for the degree of Doctor of Science. The federal law “On the monetary allowance of servicemen and the provision of separate payments to them” does not prohibit the payment of the above-mentioned allowances. However, they are not actually paid from 1 January 2012.
In the reference book on the types of cash allowance payments published on the website of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, these allowances are not listed even among those planned for introduction.
Note that according to the available information - this order was issued with the note “For official use”, it was not sent to the financial authorities, it was not communicated to the personnel and was not used in practice (as of June 2012), therefore the content of the order It is presented here on the basis of unofficial sources - a certain similarity of the mentioned payments was introduced by order of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation of 21 in March 2012 of the year No. 500, namely: when determining the amount of the monthly allowance for special achievements in the service, the availability of An employee of a scientific degree, as well as his occupation as a professor or associate professor. However, it was established that the total amount of the allowance (taking into account the above, as well as all other grounds) can not exceed one hundred percent of the official salary. Consequently, if a soldier will have the right to establish a special allowance for special achievements in the service on other grounds (for example, a good level of physical fitness), then the amount of extra pay for a degree and the position of professor and assistant professor will be reduced, possibly to zero. not to exceed the mentioned limit.
5. Canceled payments for the acquisition of essential property, which had previously been made in the amount of up to 12 monthly salary. For the military post "Commander of a tank (motorized rifle) platoon" (10-th tariff category) and military rank "Lieutenant" payment was 70 764 rubles. If we consider that this benefit was provided once during the service, then its size, distributed over 20 years, may seem rather insignificant (about 300 rubles per month of military service).
6. The right to preferential payment for sanatorium-resort treatment and organized recreation in sanatoriums, rest homes, boarding houses, children's health camps, and tourist bases of the Ministry of Defense has been abolished. Earlier, the military paid 25 percent, and their family members 50 percent of the cost of the voucher. At the same time, payment to contract servicemen in uniformed and permanently prepared military units at positions to be recruited by soldiers, sailors, sergeants and foremen, and entering military service under contract after 1 in January 2004 of the year, cash compensation instead of sanatorium-and-rescue service, was canceled at the same time treatment and organized recreation.
The average cost of a trip to a sanatorium in the Ministry of Defense in 2012 is 26 000 rubles. If we assume that, in addition to the serviceman, only one family member used the right to sanatorium-and-spa treatment, the monetary value of losses as a result of the abolition of this benefit will be 32 500 rubles per year (75 percent of the cost of a voucher for a soldier and 50 percent - for a member of his family) or 2708 rubles per month.
7. The annual payment of monetary compensation in the amount of 600 rubles to the soldier himself and 300 rubles to his spouse and each minor child has been canceled. For a family with two children, the value of this payment was 1500 rubles per year or 125 rubles per month.
8. The annual payment to servicemen for paying the cost of their children's vouchers aged from six and a half to 15 inclusive in organizing recreation and recreation for children in the amount of up to 10 800 rubles for each child has been canceled.
9. The payment of a lump sum in case of the dismissal of servicemen under contract has been canceled due to their recognition as unfit for military service as a result of illness received by them in the performance of their duties, in the amount of 60 salaries. For servicemen on military service, this allowance is reduced from 133 260 rubles to 50 000.
For example, for a soldier occupying the post of commander of a tank (motorized rifle) battalion and having the military rank of "Lieutenant Colonel", the amount of such allowance until January 1 2012 was 448 260 rubles.
10. Canceled payment for the maintenance of children of military personnel in kindergartens. Previously, its size was 80 percent paid by parents on the first and second, 90 percent - on the third and subsequent children.
11. The right of servicemen undergoing military service under the contract to travel free of charge to the places of use of main and additional holidays has been revoked. At the same time, servicemen undergoing military service under contract in formations and military units of constant readiness at posts to be recruited by soldiers, sailors, sergeants and foremen, and entering military service under contract after 1 January 2004, have been canceled the payment of the corresponding monetary compensation.
The right to travel free of charge once a year to the place of use of the main leave and back is reserved for servicemen serving in areas with adverse climatic or environmental conditions, as well as in the territory of the Ural, Siberian and Far Eastern federal districts. Even for the above categories, benefits are not fully preserved.
12. The payment to citizens who have a total duration of military service from 15 to 20 years and who were dismissed when they reach the age limit for military service, state of health or due to organizational and non-retirement activities, has been canceled for a period of five years in the amount of 40 percent of the amount of salary for the total duration of military service 15 years and an additional three percent of the amount of salary for each year over 15 years. Instead of this category of servicemen, for only a year after the dismissal, the payment of salary for military rank was maintained.
We will analyze the losses from the cancellation of this payment on the example of the same average officer in the battalion commander's position, in the military rank of “Lieutenant Colonel”, who has 18 years of service at the time of dismissal from military service. The amount of the allowance that would be paid to him before 1 in January 2012 of the year was 3661 rubles per month or 219 647 rubles for the entire five-year statutory period for this payment. This amount must be reduced by the amount stipulated by current legislation in the amount of salary for military rank during the year from the date of dismissal. For the officer in question, its value is 144 000 rubles, that is, losses will amount to 75 647 rubles.
13. Since January 1, 2015 has been canceled the payment of compensation in the amount of actually paid land tax and personal property tax to citizens who have been discharged from military service after they reach the age limit for their stay, state of health or in connection with organizational and staff activities 20 service years and more.
Currently there is no reliable information about what the value of the mentioned taxes will be in 2015 year.
The abolition of a number of payments that do not have intelligible goals for their introduction (except for the desire not to increase the size of military pensions with an increase in the money allowance), with a simultaneous increase in salaries and salaries has long been overdue and cannot be assessed otherwise as positive. This applies to monthly cash incentives, monthly surcharges for complexity, tension, and special military service regime. The size of the service premium has also become more balanced (in fact, he returned to the previously established in the USSR Armed Forces and in the 90s in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation). Salaries for military posts and military rank again became dominant in the money allowance.
Therefore, this list is given here only to demonstrate, to put it mildly, the dishonesty or incompetence of many media outlets, which have declared as a fait accompli a threefold increase in the money allowance a month before the release of the relevant regulatory documents. The real income growth of many servicemen since January 1, 2012, was absent altogether, and in those cases where it actually took place, it was not three- or even double, and was measured by percentages comparable to the consumer price increase index. The loss of the average officer from canceling a number of in-kind benefits from 1 in January of 2012 was approximately 9100 rubles per month (sum of 9 – 16 lines in the 2 table).
Income and benefits
In further calculations, we will not take into account losses from the abolition of monthly social benefits to citizens who have been dismissed without the right to retirement, who have 15 years of service or more, as well as a lump-sum benefit when dismissing servicemen under contract to be rendered unsuitable for military service. on health. The refusal to take into account these payments is due to the fact that simultaneously with the cancellation of the said benefits, the size of the number of payments within the framework of the compulsory state social insurance of life and health of military personnel was increased, as well as the absolute amount of the monthly allowance dismissed without the right to retirement in the amount of military salary one year from the date of dismissal. Excluding losses from the abolition of these benefits, the average officer lost 1 2012 rubles a month from 6850 in January XNUMX.
Now we’ll find out how the total allowance of a soldier has changed since that date. In order not to overload the material with calculations, we will give their result for one average soldier, whom we considered above. Recall that this is a lieutenant colonel serving in the city of Moscow or the Moscow region, having 18 years of service, occupying the post of commander of a tank (motorized rifle) battalion, having two children: a schoolboy and a preschool age.
As of December 2011, the size of his cash allowance was 60 843 rubles. These include the following payments:
salary for military rank (3034 rubles);
salary for military posts (4437 rubles);
Monthly surcharge for complexity, tension and special military service regime (7099 rubles);
monthly cash incentives (4437 rubles);
long service interest rate (3736 rubles);
monthly interest allowance for military personnel admitted to state secret on a permanent basis (1331 ruble);
financial assistance (1 / 12 annual size - 1245 rubles);
monthly extra charge for command (leadership) of military units and military units (400 rubles);
monetary reward for class qualifications (for the first class - 355 rubles);
annual monetary compensation in the amount of 600 rubles for the serviceman himself and 300 rubles for the serviceman’s spouse and each minor child (1 / 12 annual size - 125 rubles);
award for exemplary performance of military duty (1 / 3 of the maximum size of a quarterly award - 1868 rubles);
lump-sum monetary remuneration for conscientious performance of military service duties (1 / 12 of the maximum annual remuneration - 1868 rubles);
additional payment stipulated by the order of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation dated 26 July 2010 of the year No. 1010 (in the amount of one third of the calculated value for the IV quarter 2011 of the year - 40 000 rubles).
The amount received is reduced by the value of the personal income tax - 9092 rubles.
The calculation of the monetary allowance received in 2012 was made on the basis of the provisions of the order of the Minister of Defense of December 30 from 2011, 2700. At the same time, the said order was returned by the Ministry of Justice without state registration (letter of the Ministry of Justice of Russia dated 12 in March 2012 of the year No. 01 / 17687-DK). In accordance with the rules for the entry into force of regulatory legal acts of federal executive bodies, such an order shall not be applied as not having entered into force.
As a result, a legal vacuum has now formed. The Order of the Minister of Defense of 30 June 2006 of the Year No. 200 “On Approval of the Procedure for Providing Money Allowance for Military Personnel of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation” ceased to comply with higher-level regulatory legal acts (federal law “On monetary allowance for military personnel and providing them with certain payments” and adopted in accordance with regulations of the government of the Russian Federation), but not formally canceled. The order of the head of the military department of 30 December 2011 of the year No. 2700, designed to eliminate the existing gaps in legal regulation, has not entered into force and, most likely, will not enter into its existing form. The financial authorities of the Armed Forces are now forced to be guided in their work on the calculation of monetary allowances not by existing normative legal acts, but by telegrams, explanations, invalid acts of military authorities, in particular the order of the Minister of Defense from 30 of December 2011 of the year No. 2700 mentioned. In view of the above, the calculation presented here is also based on the content of the last order.
From January 1 2012, the same soldier began to receive 64 206 rubles. This amount is obtained by taking into account the following components of the monetary allowance:
salary for military rank (12 000 rubles);
salary for military positions (24 000 rubles);
long service interest rate (9000 rubles);
monetary reward for class qualifications (for the first class - 4800 rubles);
monthly supplement for special conditions of military service (7200 rubles);
Monthly allowance for work with information constituting a state secret (4800 rubles);
award for conscientious and effective performance of official duties (1 / 3 of the maximum size of a quarterly premium - 9000 rubles);
annual financial assistance (1 / 12 annual size - 3000 rubles).
The total value is also reduced by the value of the personal income tax (9594 ruble).
Thus, without taking into account the loss in the amount of the cost of canceled in-kind benefits, the growth of the money allowance from 1 in January 2012 amounted to six percent for the officer in question (2011 60 843 in December, 2012 64 206 in December). If we take into account the loss in the cost of canceled benefits (6850 rubles), the total social security of such a soldier in January 2012 th decreased by about six percent compared to December 2011.
Table 1 shows the results of similar calculations for some common positions in the military. Note that for the analysis we have selected the positions of commanders tank (motorized rifle) units doing military service in the Moscow region, not taking part in combat duty and other special events that imply additional payment in the new system of monetary allowance.
As can be seen from the table, the most significant reduction in income occurs for the faculty of higher military educational institutions. First of all, this is due to the actual cancellation of the allowances for the posts of assistant professor and professor, academic degrees of candidate and doctor of science, academic title of professor and associate professor from 1 in January 2012 of the year. If the benefits had not been canceled, one could consider that the state had shown real care for its advocates.
The 2 table shows a list of social guarantees that were canceled during the period from 2002 to 2012 a year, indicating for the benefits provided in kind, their value expression.
A significant positive change in the payment of military labor was a very decent level of monetary allowances for servicemen performing tasks at risk to life and health, as well as in remote areas. So, the commander of a strategic missile submarine combat unit captain 2-rank, serving in the city of Severomorsk, on average, receives on hand 184 300 rubles per month. Unfortunately, in the event of his transfer to service in the military administration bodies (Navy Headquarters, General Staff) his salary may be halved. This may be a significant reason for refusing such a translation. Who then will be staffed by the highest military control bodies: company commanders and battalions from brigades near Moscow?
At the same time, considering the change in the social security system of servicemen from January 1, 2012, it is impossible to overlook such a positive moment as the long-awaited increase in the size of military pensions. For example, the battalion commander, a lieutenant colonel who retired from 22 service, received 2012 ruble pension before 6903, and from 1 in January 2012, its size amounted to 14 152 ruble, that is, for such a retiree from among former military personnel, the pension increased twice. At the same time, the majority of previously existing benefits were retained, only the payment of compensation in the amount of actually paid land tax and property tax on individuals was canceled (from January 1 2015 from the year).
In addition, the undoubted advantage of the reformed system of monetary allowances was the reduction of the corruption component of regulatory legal acts in this area. In particular, the commander’s right to redistribute large sums of money between subordinate servicemen without statutory criteria for such a decision is restricted. The voluntarism that took place earlier in this matter is replaced by a normative setting of the size and conditions of each of the payments.