Floating dock "Sviyaga" with nuclear submarine K-3 "Leninsky Komsomol" begins the transition to Kronstadt
The first Soviet nuclear submarine K-3 "Leninsky Komsomol" began its journey from Snezhnogorsk to Kronstadt. This was reported by the press service of the Nerpa shipyard.
The Nerpa shipyard specialists prepared the K-3 nuclear submarine for transportation. All work has been completed, the floating dock with the Lenin Komsomol installed in it has left the territory of the enterprise and will soon go to its destination. As previously reported, the passage to Kronstadt will take place along the White Sea-Baltic Canal and will take from 10 to 14 days, while the administration of the channel has already announced that Sviyaga will be skipped without a queue.
In Kronstadt, the Leninsky Komsomol nuclear submarine will be converted into a museum with the restoration of the internal space, after which it will be opened for tourists. The submarine is planned to be installed on metal supports.
K-3 "Leninsky Komsomol" - the first Soviet and the third nuclear submarine in the world, the lead ship of Project 627 "Kit". Launched on August 9, 1957. She entered service on July 1, 1958, on March 12, 1959, she became part of the 206th separate submarine brigade based at Severodvinsk. From the Northern fleet withdrawn in 1991.
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest news and the most important events of the day.