Military Review

South Korean intelligence: DPRK has completed the construction of a "secret" submarine

57

The North Korean navy will soon receive the latest submarine. According to intelligence in South Korea and the United States, the DPRK has completed the construction of a secret submarine.


The intelligence of the United States and South Korea came to the conclusion that the DPRK has completed the construction of a submarine with a displacement of 3 thousand tons and will soon hold a demonstration of the submarine. It is not ruled out that during the demonstration of the new submarine, Pyongyang will launch some kind of ballistic missile intended to be placed on it.

North Korea chooses the right time to present the submarine with the greatest strategic effect, including increasing pressure on the United States

- said a spokesman for US intelligence on condition of anonymity.

The construction of new submarines by North Korea became known in 2019. According to South Korean intelligence, one of the submarines was built according to a modernized version of a Romeo class submarine (Soviet medium diesel submarine of project 633, the project of which was transferred to the DPRK by China), the second - according to an unidentified project related to medium or large submarines.

The new submarine is likely to carry the North Korean ballistic missile Pukkykson-3 (Polar Star-3) with a range of about 2 kilometers. According to the information, the submarine has three launch silos for a missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.
57 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must sign in.
  1. Cananecat
    Cananecat April 12 2021 10: 20
    +8
    will become the carrier of the North Korean ballistic missile "Pukkykson-3"

    In the Russian classification it will be named "Puk-3".
    In the American "Heavy exhalation 3"
    ("Heavy exhalation 3")
    1. Lech from Android.
      Lech from Android. April 12 2021 10: 26
      +10
      The Russian classification will be named "Puk-3"

      If Pook 3 makes it to the shores of Florida ... a massive bunch will begin on its beautiful beaches.
      I can imagine how Biden sends the aircraft carrier in response. Eun responds with Pook ... that will be a sight. what
      1. Andrey Korotkov
        Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 10: 55
        +4
        Quote: Lech from Android.
        The Russian classification will be named "Puk-3"

        If Pook 3 makes it to the shores of Florida ... a massive bunch will begin on its beautiful beaches.
        I can imagine how Biden sends the aircraft carrier in response. Eun responds with Pook ... that will be a sight. what

        I doubt that the elite will get it request rather, we are talking about Japan, South Korea, bases, AUG - in general, the protection of their territories yes
        1. ccsr
          ccsr April 12 2021 12: 17
          +5
          Quote: Andrey Korotkov
          I doubt that the elite will get it

          During World War II, Japan sent its submarines to the shores of America, and even carried out a bombing raid, though not very successful. Why can't North Koreans repeat this at a higher level after all this time?
          1. Andrey Korotkov
            Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 12: 29
            +1
            Quote: ccsr
            Quote: Andrey Korotkov
            I doubt that the elite will get it

            During World War II, Japan sent its submarines to the shores of America, and even carried out a bombing raid, though not very successful. Why can't North Koreans repeat this at a higher level after all this time?
            I do not argue, it was yes as well as the fact that the Japanese states were going to bomb with incendiary bombs from balloons (according to the wind rose), we ourselves have difficulties with SSBNs entering the launch zones, I think that Korea has little chance of banging across America
            1. ccsr
              ccsr April 12 2021 12: 49
              +3
              Quote: Andrey Korotkov
              We ourselves have difficulties with the release of SSBNs into the launch zones, I think that S. Korea has little chance of banging across America

              Okinawa or Hawaii - what's the difference for North Koreans? At least the North Koreans will force the Americans to spend part of the PLO funds and on them, and this is for us.
              1. Andrey Korotkov
                Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 13: 14
                0
                Quote: ccsr
                Quote: Andrey Korotkov
                We ourselves have difficulties with the release of SSBNs into the launch zones, I think that S. Korea has little chance of banging across America

                Okinawa or Hawaii - what's the difference for North Koreans? At least the North Koreans will force the Americans to spend part of the PLO funds and on them, and this is for us.

                Of course, they will not cause unacceptable damage to the states, but they will certainly get it. I agree, let the forces spray wink
            2. Ovsigovets
              Ovsigovets April 12 2021 14: 39
              -1
              "Moscow was not built right away" .... here is a boat that goes further than the previous ones .... a rocket for 2000 km ... until 2000 ..... this is progress ...... SK has nothing ... but the day after tomorrow you already have
              1. Andrey Korotkov
                Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 14: 57
                +1
                Quote: Ovsigovets
                "Moscow was not built right away" .... here is a boat that goes further than the previous ones .... a rocket for 2000 km ... until 2000 ..... this is progress ...... SK has nothing ... but the day after tomorrow you already have

                The most interesting thing is that no one knows exactly how much the real range of S. Korea's missiles is, while they only launch at the maximum apogee, the distance is not enough (not Kura) yes
                1. Ovsigovets
                  Ovsigovets April 12 2021 15: 04
                  +2
                  "Do you want to wash? Here is Kura - here is your house. Do you want to drink? Here is Kura - here is your house.
                  And if the flood ???? !!!! Listen ... where is Kura, where is your home .... "
                2. Ovsigovets
                  Ovsigovets April 12 2021 15: 05
                  +1
                  By the way interesting)))) I think neither the USA, nor Japan, nor the South Caucasus want to learn empirically the real range of SC missiles!?!?
                  1. Andrey Korotkov
                    Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 15: 13
                    +1
                    Empirically, it is definitely unlikely wink
            3. VLADIMIR VLADIVOSTOK
              VLADIMIR VLADIVOSTOK April 13 2021 02: 33
              0
              Ask the divers how hard it is for our boats to get out! Don't write something you don't know!
      2. SovAr238A
        SovAr238A April 13 2021 09: 26
        +2
        Quote: Lech from Android.

        If Puk-3 reaches the coast of Florida ...


        Why shoot from North Korean territory at Atlantic Florida?
    2. smart ass
      smart ass April 12 2021 10: 59
      +2
      If with the launch from the supply, then the whisper-3
    3. sub307
      sub307 April 12 2021 15: 43
      0
      In pictures:
  2. Slipper 2
    Slipper 2 April 12 2021 10: 21
    +6
    I welcome everything that does not fly in our direction drinks
  3. Terenin
    Terenin April 12 2021 10: 22
    +3
    with a range of about 2 thousand kilometers. According to the information, the submarine has three launch silos for a missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

    Hello Sleepy Joe! bully
  4. Konstantin Gogolev
    Konstantin Gogolev April 12 2021 10: 25
    -1
    And they don’t care about the sanctions.
    1. Nasrat
      Nasrat April 12 2021 11: 17
      +3
      North Korean leader Kim Jong-un admitted that the country will go through hungry times. In the DPRK, many embassies and humanitarian organizations have already curtailed their work. The reason for the total food shortage was the super-strict coronavirus quarantine. The authorities are afraid that the enemies of the people and saboteurs will try to bring the COVID virus into the country. Therefore, food imports from abroad are blocked.
      The leader of the DPRK, Kim Jong-un, admitted that large-scale famine threatens his country. Speaking on Thursday at the 1995th conference of party secretaries of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), the North Korean leader urged to prepare for a repetition of the "Difficult Campaign." This is what the official terminology calls the mass famine of 1997-XNUMX, which, according to UN estimates, claimed the lives of two million people.

      “I decided to ask the WPK organizations at all levels, including the central committee, and all cell secretaries of the entire party to start a new, even more difficult campaign,” the state news agency TsTAK quoted “dear comrade Kim Jong-un” as saying. This is the first time a North Korean leader has drawn parallels with the situation in the 90s ....

      In the same speech, Kim complained that local party cells have to work in difficult conditions, and mentioned some mistakes in the work of the WPK organizations that need to be corrected.

      Kim said the DPRK is facing the "worst" situation due to several factors, including the coronavirus pandemic, US-led sanctions and severe flooding that the country experienced last summer. Note that there are no officially massive cases of COVID-19 in North Korea, due to the fact that the country's leadership closed the borders and introduced a high alert mode back in January 2020.

      ..in 2020, after the border of North Korea and China was closed as part of strict measures to combat the pandemic, the trade turnover between the DPRK and almost its only serious economic partner decreased by 80%.

      https://vz-ru.turbopages.org/vz.ru/s/world/2021/4/10/1092667.html?publisher_logo_url=https%3A%2F%2Favatars.mds.yandex.net%2Fget-turbo%2F1377702%2F2a000001649347c10fefd4c24be86ffe0126%2Forig&promo=navbar&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com&utm_campaign=dbr
      1. Andrey Korotkov
        Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 11: 30
        +1
        Quote: Nasr
        North Korean leader Kim Jong-un admitted that the country will go through hungry times. In the DPRK, many embassies and humanitarian organizations have already curtailed their work. The reason for the total food shortage was the super-strict coronavirus quarantine. The authorities are afraid that the enemies of the people and saboteurs will try to bring the COVID virus into the country. Therefore, food imports from abroad are blocked.
        The leader of the DPRK, Kim Jong-un, admitted that large-scale famine threatens his country. Speaking on Thursday at the 1995th conference of party secretaries of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), the North Korean leader urged to prepare for a repetition of the "Difficult Campaign." This is what the official terminology calls the mass famine of 1997-XNUMX, which, according to UN estimates, claimed the lives of two million people.

        “I decided to ask the WPK organizations at all levels, including the central committee, and all cell secretaries of the entire party to start a new, even more difficult campaign,” the state news agency TsTAK quoted “dear comrade Kim Jong-un” as saying. This is the first time a North Korean leader has drawn parallels with the situation in the 90s ....

        In the same speech, Kim complained that local party cells have to work in difficult conditions, and mentioned some mistakes in the work of the WPK organizations that need to be corrected.

        Kim said the DPRK is facing the "worst" situation due to several factors, including the coronavirus pandemic, US-led sanctions and severe flooding that the country experienced last summer. Note that there are no officially massive cases of COVID-19 in North Korea, due to the fact that the country's leadership closed the borders and introduced a high alert mode back in January 2020.

        ..in 2020, after the border of North Korea and China was closed as part of strict measures to combat the pandemic, the trade turnover between the DPRK and almost its only serious economic partner decreased by 80%.

        https://vz-ru.turbopages.org/vz.ru/s/world/2021/4/10/1092667.html?publisher_logo_url=https%3A%2F%2Favatars.mds.yandex.net%2Fget-turbo%2F1377702%2F2a000001649347c10fefd4c24be86ffe0126%2Forig&promo=navbar&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com&utm_campaign=dbr

        Someone gave you a minus request the situation there is more than serious, I agree
        1. mvg
          mvg April 12 2021 12: 26
          +3
          Yes, they have had hunger for 8 years already. And the account is not for 2 million people. Country-window dressing. With a "vigorous hamster" at the head. There are many independent YouTube reports on the internet that show life in the outback. And I am inclined to believe these reports, and not the numerous "how cool and independent they are" from the numerous urya-patriots of the VO site. People are starving, dying, there are 200 thousand ++ political prisoners in 13 camps in the country.
          1. Andrey Korotkov
            Andrey Korotkov April 12 2021 12: 36
            0
            Quote: mvg
            Yes, they have had hunger for 8 years already. And the account is not for 2 million people. Country-window dressing. With a "vigorous hamster" at the head. There are many independent YouTube reports on the internet that show life in the outback. And I am inclined to believe these reports, and not the numerous "how cool and independent they are" from the numerous urya-patriots of the VO site. People are starving, dying, there are 200 thousand ++ political prisoners in 13 camps in the country.

            The worst thing in my opinion is that humanitarian (normal, not politically affiliated) curtail activities
          2. Lech from Android.
            Lech from Android. April 12 2021 12: 37
            0
            People are starving, dying, there are 200 thousand ++ political prisoners in 13 camps in the country.

            And what is so little ... add zero ... so it will be more impressive.
            Where does the data come from ... on trust that you take your words?
            1. stepka_razin
              stepka_razin April 12 2021 15: 48
              +3
              And what is so little ... add zero ... so it will be more impressive.
              Where does the data come from ... on trust that you take your words?

              You don’t understand, they were there personally, they crossed the border of the DPRK with deer antlers and found out everything. lol
              In general, propaganda from the Cold War era is so cheap that it is ridiculous to become
              There are many independent YouTube reports on the internet that show life in the outback.

              Well, yes, in the most closed country, where the Internet is essentially isolated, every second person puts his life on YouTube bully
              And every pro-American youtuber-condom is invited to see life in the DPRK.
              1. mvg
                mvg April 12 2021 23: 12
                +3
                pro-American youtuber-condom is invited to see life in the DPRK

                As if in a softer way: look in your pants ... did I overdo it?
            2. mvg
              mvg April 12 2021 23: 11
              +3
              on faith that you take your words?

              It is not necessary to write here, you can hyip somewhere else. Just type in YouTube: Real life in the DPRK and see for yourself, draw conclusions if the brain, or whatever you think, allows you to do such thought processes.
          3. pytar
            pytar April 12 2021 12: 40
            +4
            ... and not the numerous "how cool and independent they are" from the numerous urya-patriots of the VO site.

            It is a pity that there is no way to send them for "treatment" to the DPRK! Live there, shout uryaa ..., experience the delights of Chukhcheism! True, then they will not be able to share their impressions, it will be a one-way ticket ... lol
          4. Lara Croft
            Lara Croft April 12 2021 12: 48
            -1
            Quote: mvg
            And I am inclined to believe these reports, and not the numerous "how cool and independent they are" from the numerous urya-patriots of the VO site.

            The one who is now cursing the floor of the Russian Federation was also shown on TV in a trolleybus with the people ... and the destroyer of the Union, according to legend, was also an assistant to the combine operator ...
          5. Andrei Nikolaevich
            Andrei Nikolaevich April 13 2021 08: 15
            -1
            I would not underestimate the possibilities and prospects of the DPRK. In any case, some kind of hidden diplomatic games between the two Koreas are being conducted regarding unification. Imagine the unification of these two countries with discipline - North Korea and technological progress - South Korea and you get a powerful state in the region. China and Japan will sit and breathe, every other time .. In technical and political terms, nothing impossible for these countries will exist. As for political prisoners and famine, we ourselves had it in the 30s. We should keep quiet ...
            1. mvg
              mvg April 13 2021 09: 51
              +2
              Imagine the unification of these two countries with the discipline - North Korea and technological progress - South Korea

              Andrei Nikolaevich, first you need to feed 10 million North Koreans and raise their standard of living to a minimum. This is not discipline, this is a concentration camp .. where at least somehow they live, dashes exist ... 5% of the population is in fear. The rest are hopelessly surviving.
              The difference is enormous. Despite the fact that until 52, they were one people and lived on an equal footing. The Juche ideas are so strange.
              1. Andrei Nikolaevich
                Andrei Nikolaevich April 13 2021 10: 57
                0
                I agree. But all this is solvable. Even ideology. Remember our history. The Communist Party of the Soviet Union and 30 years later - the idiology of capital.
      2. stepka_razin
        stepka_razin April 12 2021 15: 45
        -1
        North Korean leader Kim Jong-un admitted that the country will go through hungry times

        "Vzglyad" admitted to the liberal edition personally winked
  5. xorek
    xorek April 12 2021 10: 30
    -2
    The DPRK does not threaten anyone, but defends itself .. What again to raise the squeal? A small, proud country, closed and quite happy by its standards .. hi Well, it will not lie either under the United States, or under China, and even more so under Russia .. They live quietly their lives!
    1. aszzz888
      aszzz888 April 12 2021 10: 41
      0
      xorek
      Today, 10: 30
      NEW
      +1
      The DPRK does not threaten anyone, but defends itself .. What again to raise the squeal? A small, proud country, closed and quite happy by its standards .. hi Well, it will not fall under the United States, nor under China, and even more so under Russia .. They live quietly with their lives!
      Workers. They spar their own, and they don't give a damn about the Merikatos with the aircraft carrier, they are still at sea, on the way, they will take it apart to the last bolt with a hacksaw for metal.
    2. pytar
      pytar April 12 2021 12: 02
      -1
      The DPRK does not threaten anyone, but defends itself.

      Kim protects her skin. By the way, it was the DPRK at 4 o'clock in the morning on June 25, 1950 / almost like Hitler's / that attacked the South Caucasus. The blitzkrieg of the Chukhcheists failed. They got it in full, they just wanted to attack ...
      Well, it will not lie either under the United States, or under China, and even more so under Russia.

      Bearing in mind the transcendental level of sacralization, the cult of personality, total control, brutal suppression of dissent, in fact, the Kim dynasty crushed the whole country and the people under itself.
      They live quietly their lives!

      Quiet in the gulag ... You would hardly want to live there. The North Korean themselves flee performing miracles in the wines, and many perish.
      1. The comment was deleted.
      2. Lech from Android.
        Lech from Android. April 12 2021 12: 38
        -2
        It is unlikely that you would want to live there. The North Korean themselves flee performing miracles in the wines, and many perish.

        Well, you don't have to lie.
        Bulgarians like to live under the dictation of the Washington regional committee live ... what drew you to North Korea?
        1. pytar
          pytar April 12 2021 12: 51
          0
          Bulgarians like to live under the dictation of the Washington regional committee live ... what drew you to North Korea?

          If you Lech from Android can express your opinion, why not tell me my personal opinion? request You do not have a monopoly over opinions, whether you like it or not, BO is not yet North. Korea...lol
          1. ironic
            ironic April 12 2021 14: 07
            +2
            Some people here are of the opinion that the forum is a personal LJ.
            1. pytar
              pytar April 12 2021 16: 34
              +3
              Some people here are of the opinion that the forum is a personal LJ.

              Dear Sasha, hi all this intolerance of a different opinion is strange! How would it wake up demons! laughing And it is even stranger that some here perceive the personal opinion of an individual person / mine for example / as the opinion of "all Bulgarians"! And they immediately attack a specific people or state with grievances and rudeness! fool
              Probably these aggressive individuals react as they consider their opinion to be the opinion of all Russians, humanity, androids, etc. ?! bully
              1. ironic
                ironic April 12 2021 17: 12
                +2
                You probably know what it is called, the term is not new. Great power chauvinism. The problem begins when a decent percentage of people in society begin to suffer from such a disease. Indeed, in order for the whole body to fall ill, it does not need most or even half or a quarter. When I read about it, either 14 or 17% of the active adult population is enough, and the epidemic can be considered a complete one.
                1. pytar
                  pytar April 12 2021 19: 26
                  +1
                  And I thought one covid pandemic rules ... It turns out that other epidemics also rule! No less dangerous! hi
                  1. ironic
                    ironic April 12 2021 19: 53
                    0
                    That is almost more. True, such things as COVID are quite suitable for generating social epidemics, if they do not go differently. You see for yourself what is happening in the world.
        2. ironic
          ironic April 12 2021 14: 05
          +1
          Well, you write according to the manual of even more conscientious times, but this does not bother you. Why should something prevent Bulgarians from speaking out?
      3. Lara Croft
        Lara Croft April 12 2021 12: 56
        +1
        Quote: pytar
        The blitzkrieg of the Chukhcheists failed.

        They succeeded, they simply did not develop it to the end ... Yes, and the South Caucasus had their own plans to attack the DPRK, in both Koreas then there were dictators ...
        They got it in full, they just wanted to attack ...

        In that war, the Koreans and those and others, and the Americans with the UN contingents and the Chinese received everything in full ...
        Quiet in the gulag ...

        If you do not know anything about the camps in the DPRK (of three types), there is nothing to compare them with the GULAG (the letter abbreviation of one of the structural units of the NKVD of the USSR) ... about which you also do not know anything ...
        1. pytar
          pytar April 12 2021 13: 05
          -1
          They succeeded, they simply did not develop it to the end ... Yes, and the South Caucasus had their own plans to attack the DPRK, in both Koreas then there were dictators ...

          Like Hitler ... the situation is very similar.
          In that war, the Koreans and those and others, and the Americans with the UN contingents and the Chinese received everything in full ...

          All who participated. Most of all, those on whose land all this happened. You won't want to repeat any of them. yes
          If you don't know anything ... about which you don't know anything either ...

          Since you don't know what I know, your judgment is speculative. Guessed but wrong, it happens ... yes
      4. ironic
        ironic April 12 2021 14: 03
        -1
        Judging by the minuses, as many as 6 people consider the gulag a proudly progressive form of life, if only against the "marching men".
        1. pytar
          pytar April 12 2021 17: 06
          -2
          Phenomenon! laughing They probably think that there will be guards, not prisoners. After all, a gulag guard is almost a "deity of local importance"! A dream for individuals who failed to come true in normal life! bully
          1. ironic
            ironic April 12 2021 17: 07
            -1
            Unfortunately, not a phenomenon, but an increasingly widespread phenomenon. It's sad.
  6. rocket757
    rocket757 April 12 2021 10: 35
    +3
    The new submarine is likely to carry the North Korean ballistic missile Pukkykson-3 (Polar Star-3) with a range of about 2 kilometers. According to the information, the submarine has three launch silos for a missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.
    They are building slowly, but without stopping. What difference does it make that they have a "paravoz", it pulls its train forward without stopping ... that's a fact.
    1. ironic
      ironic April 12 2021 14: 08
      -1
      It depends on what is considered the front. Some have it all backwards.
      1. rocket757
        rocket757 April 12 2021 15: 09
        +1
        Everyone chooses the point of application and the direction of movement ...
        1. ironic
          ironic April 12 2021 17: 08
          -1
          ... to a place that is boneless.
  7. rotmistr60
    rotmistr60 April 12 2021 10: 59
    0
    including increased pressure on the US
    Pressure on the United States from the DPRK? Aren't the Americans exercising constant military-political pressure on North Korea and putting pressure on it with sanctions? One new Korean submarine is already causing such concern that it becomes clear that the Americans are heroes in words, but in deeds ...
  8. Lara Croft
    Lara Croft April 12 2021 12: 41
    -1
    According to information, the submarine has three missile siloscapable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

    And no more is needed, one for Seoul, Tokyo and Fr. Guam (or Anchorage, where the Chinese comrades were offended) ....
    1. ironic
      ironic April 12 2021 14: 12
      +1
      Oh how. Fry little people and more. So human ...
  9. Old26
    Old26 April 12 2021 15: 22
    +7
    Quote: Lech from Android.
    If Pook 3 makes it to the shores of Florida ... a massive bunch will begin on its beautiful beaches.
    I can imagine how Biden sends the aircraft carrier in response. Eun responds with Pook ... that will be a sight.

    And it will not reach Moscow, across the Pacific and Atlantic oceans ??? Geography you probably regularly skipped? From North Korea to Florida, more than 16 km. Where should a rocket boat with a range of 000 km be located? Somewhere in the middle of Texas? And how many kilometers submerged can boats of this class pass? Kilometers 2000-300 EMNIP? So she will not even come out of the Sea of ​​Japan, as she will be forced to emerge. To strike Hawaii (with missiles of this range), it must always go exclusively on the surface. How long will she be drowned once it becomes clear where she is going ???

    Quote: ccsr
    Quote: Andrey Korotkov
    I doubt that the elite will get it

    During World War II, Japan sent its submarines to the shores of America, and even carried out a bombing raid, though not very successful. Why can't North Koreans repeat this at a higher level after all this time?

    Yes, if only because Japan at that time dominated the Pacific Ocean (when it threw beans on the States). Boats could go on the surface, refuel from surface tankers. And now? Does North Korea have the ability to send its tanker (more precisely, tankers) along the route of the boat to the United States ??

    Quote: ccsr
    Okinawa or Hawaii - what's the difference for North Koreans?

    No difference. In both cases, after that, the DPRK will cease to exist as a state.

    Quote: Lara Croft
    According to information, the submarine has three missile siloscapable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

    And no more is needed, one for Seoul, Tokyo and Fr. Guam (or Anchorage, where the Chinese comrades were offended) ....

    More definitely not necessary. After that, there will be a dragon-shaped North Korea ...