Military Review

The first two "Varshavyanka" for the Pacific Fleet began exercises in the Baltic Sea

38

The first two "Varshavyanka" built for the Pacific fleet, went to the Baltic Sea to conduct exercises. This was reported by the press service of the Western Military District.


According to the report, the crews of the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and Volkhov submarines will work out actions to carry out combat missions at sea by a single ship. Also, as part of the exercises, both submarines will attack the surface ship, and then they will evade search groups of the conditional enemy, the role of which will be played by the ships of the Baltic Fleet.

In addition, at one of the Baltic Fleet's sea ranges, the submarines will conduct deep-sea diving, where they will check the operation of all systems and mechanisms under conditions of immersion to great depths.

As previously reported, the submarines "Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky" and "Volkhov" built for the Pacific Fleet will make the transition to their place of permanent deployment in May this year along the southern route through the Mediterranean Sea, the Suez Canal and the Indian Ocean. On the way, they will have to be accompanied by support vessels - tugs and a tanker.

Before that, there was evidence that the transition of submarines will take place along the Northern Sea Route in the summer months.

The diesel-electric submarines Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and Volkhov are the first and second submarines of the 636.3 Varshavyanka project out of six for the Pacific Fleet, the construction contract for which was signed by the RF Ministry of Defense and Admiralty Shipyards in September 2016. They entered the Navy in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
Photos used:
Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
38 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must sign in.
  1. rocket757
    rocket757 30 March 2021 11: 36
    +5
    This is already a real DEAL ... there is no other way to call it.
    1. xorek
      xorek 30 March 2021 11: 39
      +6
      Quote: rocket757
      This is already a real DEAL ... there is no other way to call it.

      Sly submarines, quiet .. !!!
      Well, God forbid that everything goes without a hitch .. hi
      1. Grandfather
        Grandfather 30 March 2021 11: 59
        +1
        In addition, at one of the Baltic Fleet's sea ranges, the submarines will conduct deep-sea diving, where they will check the operation of all systems and mechanisms under conditions of immersion to great depths.
        I hope they will find such a hole ... the Baltic is too small.
        1. Aag
          Aag 30 March 2021 12: 50
          +4
          Quote: Dead Day
          In addition, at one of the Baltic Fleet's sea ranges, the submarines will conduct deep-sea diving, where they will check the operation of all systems and mechanisms under conditions of immersion to great depths.
          I hope they will find such a hole ... the Baltic is too small.

          Rezanulo ..
          However, from Viki: the maximum depth of the "Varshavyanok" is 300m, the maximum depth of the Baltic Sea is 470m.
          Another thing is surprising: to drive through Suez ... (with 500 ships stuck ... - a cunning move (?)).
          But what about the North. pestilence. way? Demonstration? Somehow unconvincing (with tugs, tankers, with not accepted into the fleet ...) hi
          1. lucul
            lucul 30 March 2021 12: 55
            +2
            Another thing is surprising: to drive through Suez ... (with 500 ships stuck ... - a cunning move (?)).
            But what about the North. pestilence. way?

            The boats are not nuclear - they need to float, and there is ice.
            1. Aag
              Aag 30 March 2021 13: 06
              +3
              Quote: lucul
              Another thing is surprising: to drive through Suez ... (with 500 ships stuck ... - a cunning move (?)).
              But what about the North. pestilence. way?

              The boats are not nuclear - they need to float, and there is ice.

              Not convincing. In the sense that has already been announced, it is declared at the highest level about the possibility of wire NK (!) Sevmor by ...
              Another point, let the experts correct it, -to drag the (not yet adopted into service) an expensive "apparatus" through ... all ...- immediately hand over signatures, noises, external features to all adversaries ...
              Was it really all my teachers were lying about the secrecy regime ?! hi
              1. Jacket in stock
                Jacket in stock 30 March 2021 13: 15
                +2
                Quote: AAG
                Another point, let the experts correct it, -to drag the (not yet adopted into service) an expensive "apparatus" through ... all ...- immediately hand over signatures, noises, external features to all adversaries ...
                Was it really all my teachers were lying about the secrecy regime ?!

                First, the vehicles were accepted into the fleet.
                Secondly, there is absolutely nothing secret about them, they are old, supplied to different countries, and exactly the same boats from the Black Sea Fleet have long dangled in the Mediterranean Sea, periodically passing the Bosphorus. Their signatures have already been studied and re-examined.
                And by the way, submarines usually do not go along the northern route on their own, but on board a foreign truck.
                1. Aag
                  Aag 30 March 2021 13: 26
                  0
                  Quote: Jacket in stock
                  Quote: AAG
                  Another point, let the experts correct it, -to drag the (not yet adopted into service) an expensive "apparatus" through ... all ...- immediately hand over signatures, noises, external features to all adversaries ...
                  Was it really all my teachers were lying about the secrecy regime ?!

                  First, the vehicles were accepted into the fleet.
                  Secondly, there is absolutely nothing secret about them, they are old, supplied to different countries, and exactly the same boats from the Black Sea Fleet have long dangled in the Mediterranean Sea, periodically passing the Bosphorus. Their signatures have already been studied and re-examined.
                  And by the way, submarines usually do not go along the northern route on their own, but on board a foreign truck.

                  Ie, now there is no foreign truck?
                  1. Jacket in stock
                    Jacket in stock 30 March 2021 13: 47
                    +3
                    Quote: AAG
                    Ie, now there is no foreign truck?

                    Back in the fall, it was announced that the submarines would be sent by truck in the summer through the northern route. Now they have outplayed, apparently the crews have decided to train, and maybe some other tasks in the Mediterranean / Red Seas or in the Indian Ocean.
                    1. Aag
                      Aag 30 March 2021 13: 54
                      0
                      Quote: Jacket in stock
                      Quote: AAG
                      Ie, now there is no foreign truck?

                      Back in the fall, it was announced that the submarines would be sent by truck in the summer through the northern route. Now they have outplayed, apparently the crews have decided to train, and maybe some other tasks in the Mediterranean / Red Seas or in the Indian Ocean.

                      Sorry, while I sprinkled your answer, with additions, "editing time has expired" ...
                      There are many reasons ...
                      By the way, as you write, it is possible that there are tasks on the path of transition ...
                    2. g1v2
                      g1v2 30 March 2021 17: 28
                      0
                      Most likely they will go to Syria, and maybe also to Sudan. Again, you need to study the theater.
                2. The comment was deleted.
          2. Serg65
            Serg65 30 March 2021 13: 06
            +5
            Quote: AAG
            But what about the North. pestilence

            Is the Northern Sea Route open all year round? For this type of ship?
            1. Aag
              Aag 30 March 2021 14: 04
              +1
              Quote: Serg65
              Quote: AAG
              But what about the North. pestilence

              Is the Northern Sea Route open all year round? For this type of ship?

              Not special. But it seems that for submarines such a transition is easier to organize, and, most importantly, it is more useful in terms of interaction, and even more so if the Russian Federation publicly declares its interests in the Arctic. Why am I wrong? hi
              1. Serg65
                Serg65 31 March 2021 07: 07
                +4
                Quote: AAG
                What am I wrong?

                You are ready to undertake an adventurous naval transport operation and endanger new warships. without even knowing about the situation on the route in the winter-autumn period! For what?
                1. Aag
                  Aag 31 March 2021 09: 13
                  0
                  Quote: Serg65
                  Quote: AAG
                  What am I wrong?

                  You are ready to undertake an adventurous naval transport operation and endanger new warships. without even knowing about the situation on the route in the winter-autumn period! For what?

                  I am not ready, not authorized, not pretending.
                  But there are questions.
                  The Northern Fleet and the Pacific Fleet do not interact at all? With each other? With the command of the Navy, the General Staff? The Northern Fleet does not have control of the "situation on the route in the winter-autumn (although it is far from autumn)?" Is it not for this that the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is building up its Arctic grouping, so that - including - regardless of foreign policy, weather and other conditions, be able to transfer forces and means?
                  In my opinion, it is a great opportunity (I mean the northern passage) to work out a lot of questions, to establish interaction; save the service life of new equipment, money and time. Unless, of course, there are no other tasks on the route, about which they are silent ... Well, except for knocking around in a traffic jam in front of the S. channel))).
                  Answering your question, "for what?" ... hi
                  1. Serg65
                    Serg65 31 March 2021 11: 12
                    +4
                    Quote: AAG
                    The Northern Fleet and the Pacific Fleet do not interact at all? With each other? With the command of the Navy, the General Staff? The Northern Fleet does not have control of the "situation on the route in the winter-autumn (although it is far from autumn)?" Is it not for this that the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is building up its Arctic grouping, so that - including - regardless of foreign policy, weather and other conditions, be able to transfer forces and means?

                    Own, interact. That is why the boats, which do not have ice reinforcement, are being pulled south! To navigate these boats ... again, behind the icebreaker .... along the NSR, you need to wait for July, but the General Staff of the Russian Federation apparently does not intend to wait so long.
                    Quote: AAG
                    although it is far from autumn

                    hi Sorry, a mistake has crept in ... WINTER-SPRING period.
                    Quote: AAG
                    Unless, of course, there are no other tasks on the route, about which they are silent

                    Same option .. real-world combat training ... well worth it!
          3. figwam
            figwam 30 March 2021 15: 20
            0
            in May this year along the southern route through the Mediterranean Sea, the Suez Canal and the Indian Ocean.

            There can be weekly traffic jams in Suez.
            1. Barberry25
              Barberry25 31 March 2021 12: 51
              0
              well, it means they will be out in the Mediterranean for combat
      2. Uncle lee
        Uncle lee 30 March 2021 12: 00
        +2
        The first two "Varshavyanka" for the Pacific Fleet began exercises in the Baltic Sea
        Let the crews get used to it, the mechanisms run in and "get used" into the ship.
        1. xorek
          xorek 30 March 2021 12: 09
          -1
          Quote: Uncle Lee
          The first two "Varshavyanka" for the Pacific Fleet began exercises in the Baltic Sea
          Let the crews get used to it, the mechanisms run in and "get used" into the ship.

          That's right! There are many more NATO anti-submarine systems Vladimir! Let them maneuver and test the systems of counteraction .. And then on duty in a given area! hi
        2. Aag
          Aag 30 March 2021 12: 56
          +1
          Quote: Uncle Lee
          The first two "Varshavyanka" for the Pacific Fleet began exercises in the Baltic Sea
          Let the crews get used to it, the mechanisms run in and "get used" into the ship.

          I have nothing against ... However, with a normal, planned BP, simulators are tormented first, then the "units" of their comrades, neighboring Fleets on internships, are put into operation, put in their "apparatus" ... In the Strategic Missile Forces it was like this ...
          1. Serg65
            Serg65 30 March 2021 13: 07
            +4
            Quote: AAG
            with a normal, planned BP, simulators are tormented first,

            So they tortured ... at the Joint Training Center ... and for more than one month!
            1. Aag
              Aag 30 March 2021 13: 24
              0
              Quote: Serg65
              Quote: AAG
              with a normal, planned BP, simulators are tormented first,

              So they tortured ... at the Joint Training Center ... and for more than one month!

              Well, if so, if everything is all right ...
              In any case, - to the crew, Good luck, professionalism; technique, - reliability and reliability ... To the command, - Patriotism and literacy in decision-making!
              Somehow I already skipped on the forum about the absence of replacement crews ... Unfortunately, when reading the lists of dead submariners (I'm talking about iconic accidents, incidents) you almost always come across the names of the seconded specialists. Who from the sublaaa can comment on this ?!
              Yes, after Serdyukov, it also happened in the PGRK of the Strategic Missile Forces that to bring a regiment to a submarine, attract people from a neighboring regiment, etc ... How about this now? I heard that in the USSR there were two, three crews per submarine ... ...
  2. Cowbra
    Cowbra 30 March 2021 11: 39
    -3
    NATO found Varshavyanka there in the Mediterranean Sea?
    1. xorek
      xorek 30 March 2021 12: 12
      +2
      Quote: Cowbra
      NATO found Varshavyanka there in the Mediterranean Sea?

      They surfaced unexpectedly and proudly left on the surface, in front of the NATO armada .. Under the march "Farewell to the Slav"! ..It seems like it was .. hi
      1. Nikon OConor
        Nikon OConor 30 March 2021 12: 55
        +3
        I would like to look)) At the faces of amerskih marines))
  3. Pavel57
    Pavel57 30 March 2021 11: 44
    +3
    It is better to drive boats along the NSR in every sense, unless you shoot at a real target in the Mediterranean Sea.

    In general, for such a case, you need to have a lighter carrier.
    1. garri-lin
      garri-lin 30 March 2021 12: 36
      +1
      Why a lighter? A long trek like this is great training for the crew.
    2. kapitan92
      kapitan92 30 March 2021 12: 37
      +2
      Quote: Pavel57
      In general, for such a case, you need to have a lighter carrier.

      The submarines "Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky" and "Volkhov" built for the Pacific Fleet will make the transition to the place of permanent deployment in May this year along the southern route through Mediterranean Sea, Suez Canal and Indian Ocean. On the way, they will have to be accompanied by support vessels - tugs and a tanker.

      Maybe faster, cheaper and more convenient in a similar way?
  4. WHAT IS
    WHAT IS 30 March 2021 12: 06
    +12
    Well, for the strength of a solid body! Success to the teams in the exercises!
  5. Alien From
    Alien From 30 March 2021 12: 18
    +8
    Excellent, success to the sailors to the submariners!
  6. AlexVas44
    AlexVas44 30 March 2021 12: 40
    +3
    They probably rushed to name the Volkhov diesel-electric submarine for the Pacific Fleet. Maybe it was better somehow - "Shikotan".
  7. Pavel57
    Pavel57 30 March 2021 13: 31
    +3
    Quote: garri-lin
    Why a lighter? A long trek like this is great training for the crew.


    The lighter carrier will preserve the resource, otherwise after the transition it is necessary to immediately undergo repairs.
  8. Andrey Korotkov
    Andrey Korotkov 30 March 2021 15: 06
    +3
    Through Suez it's cool, by the signature you can find out the type of PL, maybe ours want them to be remembered by their names) And then ... they were only known by sight (joke if that).
    1. Jacket in stock
      Jacket in stock 30 March 2021 15: 39
      +2
      Quote: Andrey Korotkov
      by the signature you can find out the type of submarine

      Do you think that they will not be recognized in the Baltic Sea yet?
      Yes, immediately after leaving St. Petersburg for the dam, all their signatures will be recorded in all details.
      1. Andrey Korotkov
        Andrey Korotkov 30 March 2021 15: 56
        +3
        To hell with the signature, the SOSUS detection system, let the adversaries remember by name).
  9. Ros 56
    Ros 56 30 March 2021 15: 49
    +2
    Well, now the screeching will be from nato-like, even plug your ears. And we, like there at Krylov's, and Vaska listens, but eats. laughing
  10. Tests
    Tests 30 March 2021 17: 46
    +2
    In 2020, didn’t the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky nuclear ship go out for exercises in the Baltic? After all, there were reports in the media that the boat dived to a depth of 190 m and was based at Baltiysk. So, it looks like NATO has a "portrait of her" since last year ... But the bearded devils, it's not a sin to "calibrate" the Pacific Fleet boats in Syria if they go through the Mediterranean Sea. After all, the crew should have combat experience, however, not all Black Sea submariners have it ...