Building a tank is easy!
В previous materialabout the tactics of the remakes, I began a story about these amazing people. Personally, I'm used to the fact that they do something here. But it's one thing when for historical huge forces such as the Garant legal system (to this system we owe the appearance of the Museum of Russian Military History in Padikovo) or the UMMC, the Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company, which owes the honor of creating a museum in Verkhnyaya Pyshma, stand such work.
These are people. This is money. These are other resources, at least the same premises, machines and tools, transport.
And if this is not all?
Here you have just such a case. There are no sponsors in the form of large companies behind. Production workshop ... However, you will see everything for yourself.
We talked with Alexander Sheptaev, a great lover tanks... His passion for this technique is no different from the passion of the guys from Padikov or Verkhnyaya Pyshma, the only difference: behind him only his tank company and the military history club.
I suggest that you simply familiarize yourself with our conversation, in which I asked Alexander to tell how you can come to such a life when there are only armored vehicles in the yard. Two armored vehicles, two self-propelled guns and 4 tanks. And another cannon.
A word to Alexander.
- We started building equipment ten years ago. Initially, it was me and my brother Mikhail and, as a mentor, our father, Sheptaev Valery Panteleimonovich.
We started, as usual, with cars. The firstborn was the GAZ-67. The next was the GAZ-MM truck. It is now in a museum in Verkhnyaya Pyshma.
Then they swung at armored cars, made BA-64. Three jokes. The armored girls left for collections in St. Petersburg. In KB Smirnov.
In general, we have been fond of technology since childhood, mopeds, motorcycles ...
And so we got involved in the reconstruction, began to ride in Russia. Voronezh, of course, Sarov, Kursk, Belgorod ... In general, we traveled around all the surroundings.
We even managed to star in the film. "Ladoga: the road of life", mini-series. There was just an anti-aircraft gun on the lorry. And we shot down the plane from her. Our lorry was, and Mikhail and I fought the planes on it. It was great, the frost was minus 30 degrees, a blizzard, starting the car - a whole story ...
In general, the conditions are very close to those ... Impressions grabbed for a long time.
And there were more in the firing squad. In the episode.
Our technique is not often, but it gets into the frames. Mostly in short films, but we're not in a hurry. There will be more big films, we will shoot.
- Tell us about the process of creating technology.
- The main thing here is to understand what you want to build, and to choose an aggregate base for this desire. It all starts with this. Components, assemblies, metal ...
- Where do you get all this?
- And where we will find. The decommissioned military all-terrain vehicles are very helpful. Well, tractors, we take engines from them. In general, we are looking for donors throughout Russia.
We cook the cases according to the drawings. We try to get as close to the original as possible.
- How do you generally interact with the military, the authorities?
- We have a club. Belgorod regional public organization "Prokhorovsky border". Therefore, everything that happens here is completely official and under the full control of the authorities. Even sometimes under excessively close control, but then either you understand that they have their own responsibilities, or you are winding your nerves to yourself and to them. We prefer not to waste our nerves.
"Prokhorovsky frontier" is a young education, he is only two years old. So far there are three people in it: me, brother Mikhail and his son Alexander. More people work with technology. You saw Pavel, he is a multi-machine operator, a painter, a welder, and a technician. Sergei, a minder, is now on vacation.
This is how we work.
We can do everything that moves and is related to the Second World War. If there were schematic drawings - we can make any car.
We recently expanded our assortment - they made a cannon from the First World War. 1902 cannon. It was an interesting job.
We are interested, and when it is interesting - everything turns out as it should be.
- Did you make this gun to order, or? ..
- This is not to order, this is for yourself. We just got the drawings, we looked ... and did it. She is not difficult, but as they say, charismatic.
- And now you are also an artillery crew?
- No, we will carry this gun for reconstruction to those who are satisfied with the First World War ... They are rare, but there are, and with the equipment there is completely sad (I confirm, on the "Battlefield" I observed this sadness. - Approx. RS) ... Let those reenactors make up the calculations, and we will teach.
We ourselves drive our tanks. For driver mechanics.
There was to be a big reconstruction in Sarov. But it was canceled due to the coronavirus. They said to do it in a movie format. And we were shooting movies, from 11 to 18 somewhere. That is, it was like a reconstruction, but on cameras and without spectators.
The tanks were driving, the infantry was running, everyone was shooting, pyrotechnics exploded ... Everything is as usual, only operators instead of spectators.
I went there alone with two tanks. There were enough local mechanics, in general, the organization in Sarov is very serious. Everything was beautiful, the pyrotechnics were animals, it is a pity that the audience was not allowed, it was necessary to see it.
- How now, in the current conditions of restrictions, is there an interest in technology among collectors?
No, it's quiet and dull now. Everything froze, no reconstruction is carried out, there is also silence from collectors, everyone has a crisis. We are working as if for tomorrow, for the future. Sooner or later it will all end ...
- Where do you get the blueprints for work?
- Museum visits. Many were removed in Kubinka under the old leadership. It's simple: a tablet, a protractor, a tape measure - and I went to measure and draw. Everything can be done in a couple of days. With an accuracy of 97%.
We often visit Zadorozhny, he also has something to see. We are friends.
- How is your attendance on ordinary days?
- And we are fine. People are coming. They negotiate by phone, take what they have and come. Here is a field, here is a forest, there is where to sit quietly, to fry a barbecue ...
- And in terms of non-standard recreation?
- And also a complete order. We have both the form and the SHP (safe weapon firing blank cartridges. - Approx. R.S.), so in terms of photo shoots there is complete freedom. We can also roll out the equipment in the field, everything is possible.
The most important thing is that everything here looks 100% historical. All the tanks and self-propelled guns that we have, they all fought here. Immediately there were some battles ...
- And if you sit down for the levers yourself?
- This is a separate, completely separate issue, everything is in the ability and the right to control. Such people come to us with preparation. It's just that, although it is a copy, it is still a tracked vehicle, so, of course, we won't let the "left" one.
But we had precedents, guys came from Moscow and wanted to make a short film. They brought a mechanic driver, and over there, over the edge of the forest, they filmed all day.
So here all the issues are discussed, everything can be solved. But, generally speaking, we drive our own tanks mainly. This is not a jeep, the dimensions are different, the driving characteristics ... So everyone is calmer.
- Yes, it's a useful thing. This is history. They did some nonsense when all the tanks were cut, and now we are collecting them in distant countries. And from the weapons that we buy for big money, steps are poured for the church. Stupid.
Another ten years, and that's it, the tanks will be studied using a computer game. And now young people are studying - according to "Tanchiki". But a drawing is just a drawing. Come here, imagine how it is to get into it with a grenade from the trench. When the machine guns hit you
A little more - and that's the only way we'll touch and feel. But even so. At least in such museums. Better than nothing.
Here is such an excursion, here is such an interview. But we do not say goodbye, because together with Alexander and Mikhail we will make several materials about the weapons of that time. So to speak, from the funds of the "Prokhorovskoe frontier" and other clubs in the Belgorod region.
So we will return to Arkhangelskoe as soon as possible, despite the weather.
The author expresses his deep gratitude to Elena Kirillova (VIK "Sorokopyatka", Voronezh) for the fact that this meeting took place.
- Roman Skomorokhov