Military Review

How General Serov, on Stalin's orders in May 1945, sought and found Hitler


History the death or disappearance of Hitler in the storming of Berlin has excited the minds for decades. In the late 80s, journalist Artem Borovik even showed a photo of Hitler's jaw, which was kept in the KGB archives. There were different versions of his death, but the diary of General Serov who died in 1990, discovered a quarter of a century after his death and published in 2013, put an end to this issue.

Who is General Serov? An officer of the Red Army, sent to the NKVD in 1939 and quickly became Beria's deputy, and after his execution until 1963 he headed the Soviet special services of the KGB and GRU and knew a lot about the secrets of the top leadership of the Soviet Union.

Stalin's order

Serov was a special confidant of Stalin and during the war more than once carried out important tasks. One of the episodes of his fascinating biography was the search, by order of Stalin, in defeated Berlin, alive or dead Hitler and the leaders of the Third Reich. Serov had to get ahead of the Americans at any cost and prevent them from capturing Hitler. At that time, he was a colonel general, authorized by the NKVD for the 1st Belorussian Front, commanded by Zhukov, who stormed Berlin.

Serov, together with the advanced Soviet units, from the end of April moved to the center of Berlin, where, according to information received, Hitler and his entourage were in the Reich Chancellery. In his diary, he describes in detail the process of finding and discovering Hitler's corpse, which he saw first.

For two days, April 29-30, Serov and his group, following the tankers, advanced to the area where the Reich Chancellery was located. By the evening of April 30, they approached almost close to the Reich Chancellery. All day on May 1, there were battles for the Reichstag and the Reich Chancellery, the resistance was suppressed only on the morning of May 2.

On the afternoon of May 1, General Krebs, Chief of the General Staff of the German Ground Forces, arrived at the Soviet command. He announced Hitler's will, according to which he dies and all power is transferred to Admiral Doenitz. Hitler's deputies Bormann and Goebbels sent Krebs to negotiate an armistice.

Zhukov said that negotiations can only be about unconditional surrender. Krebs was provided with a connection with Goebbels, and he ordered him to return to the office to discuss the situation. Early in the morning on May 2, a German colonel arrived at Chuikov's headquarters and, on behalf of the chief of the Berlin garrison, conveyed his decision to surrender the garrison's troops. Then Goebbels' deputy Fritsche arrived, who announced that Goebbels was not alive, and he, Fritsche, was ready to speak on the radio, call on everyone to stop resistance and surrender. By 12 noon on May 2 Berlin surrendered.

Discovery of Hitler's corpse

On the morning of May 2, Serov and his group entered the Reich Chancellery and examined it. At the exit to the park, on the steps, lay the corpse of a man in a black jacket, about forty-five, outwardly very similar to Hitler. Serov decided that it was Hitler's body. Going out into the park, he found a deep crater, in which about forty bodies of SS officers lay in a fan, some of them had pistols in their hand. It was clear that they all shot themselves.

At the end of the park stood a hunched man of about seventy with a wandering gaze. He was shown the corpse on the steps and asked: "Is this Hitler's corpse?" He replied that this was not the Fuhrer, he was older.

Subsequently, in 1945, Serov repeatedly saw in newspapers and magazines a photograph of this "Hitler" in various poses. One correspondent even dragged him into the crater where the SS officers who had shot themselves were lying and took pictures against them. This "Hitler" was so worn out by journalists and correspondents that some publications indicated how "Hitler's corpse was taken out of the pit in torn clothes."

On the opposite side of the park was Hitler's bunker with concrete walls up to a meter thick. Going down to the bunker, Serov in one of the rooms saw a wooden bunk, on top of which lay the bodies of four girls aged 4 to 13 years. These were the children of Goebbels, their mother poisoned them, giving them injections as if from the flu.

The last days of Hitler and his entourage

On the morning of May 3, Goebbels' deputy Fritsche was brought to the Reich Chancellery. He told about the last days of the top of the Reich. These days, Hitler practically did not leave the bunker, since the Reich Chancellery was constantly raided aviation... Attempts by his entourage to contact the Americans were unsuccessful.

Goering, officially the second person in the state after Hitler, who was in the American zone of occupation, as if to save Germany declared himself the head of the government on April 23. The enraged Fuhrer ordered the arrest of Goering, so that until the last day, Goebbels, Bormann, Krebs and Fritsche were next to Hitler.

In the bunker on April 20, the Fuhrer's birthday was celebrated, which looked more like a funeral. At the end, Hitler made a speech and said that "the German people did not live up to our hopes and turned out to be weak" and that "the Germans, instead of fighting their enemies, are meeting the Americans and British with flags."

On the same day, a meeting was held at which it was decided that Hitler, Bormann, Krebs and Goebbels would remain in Berlin, while Himmler and Ribbentrop would go north to Schleswig and try to establish contact with the Americans. At this meeting, various options for the defense of Berlin were discussed, including the possibility of turning German troops from west to east against the Red Army. Hope was also pinned on Wenck's army, which existed only on maps, she had no troops.

Fritsche said that Hitler married Eva Braun on April 27 and wrote a will the next day in the presence of close friends. On April 28, the new Air Force commander, Field Marshal Graim, flew for the Fuhrer from Admiral Doenitz with his wife, the famous German pilot Anna Reich, to take the Fuhrer to territory still under German control. The wide street of Unter den Linden made it possible for a light aircraft to take off and land. Hitler refused, saying: "For 12 years I led the German people from Berlin, who trusted me, I am grateful to him, so I will die in Berlin." After that, Graeme and Reitsch flew to Doenitz.

Fritsche said that he was in the bunker until the last minutes of the existence of Hitler and Goebbels and showed in the park a small, trampled elevation where they were buried. The burnt corpses of Goebbels, his wife and Eva Braun were dug up at a shallow depth. At the bottom of the pit was a burnt male corpse, his face and hair were burnt, his jacket and the top of his trousers were also burnt.

Fritsche recognized Hitler in him and told how, after the will and distribution of posts in the Reich, Hitler decided to commit suicide on April 30, and Eva Braun expressed the same desire. In the presence of Fritsche, Hitler instructed his adjutants Linge and Günsche, who had a can of gasoline, to thoroughly burn the corpses. Then Hitler took potassium cyanide and shot himself in the head.

In 1947, this story with the adjutants continued. One of the prisoners of war officers detained in a camp near Moscow asked for Serov. He introduced himself as Gunsche's adjutant and told in detail that Serov already knew how Hitler poisoned himself at 30 o'clock on April 3 and shot himself. When asked why he badly burned Hitler's corpse, he replied that he had only one can of gasoline and it was impossible to burn four corpses. Gunsche burned the Fuhrer's corpse to the maximum, and the rest with what was left, besides, he tried to hide as quickly as possible.

The further fate of the corpses is also quite interesting. With the onset of darkness they were taken to another place and buried in Magdeburg on the territory of one of the NKVD bases. The fact that the bodies of Hitler and Goebbels were found was not officially reported. Stalin, most likely, started an intrigue with the possible flight of Hitler, and it excited the minds of researchers for many years. Serov in 1955, by the nature of his service, was at the burial site. There our servicemen set up a gazebo, set tables and drank tea under the trees during breaks from work. In 1970, when the territory of this base was to be transferred to the GDR, the remains were dug, cremated and thrown into the river. Only the jaw and part of Hitler's skull with a bullet entrance hole have survived, which are still stored in the archive.

In June 1945, the German dentist Echtman was arrested, who had treated the Fuehrer's teeth for a number of years. The dentist testified that shortly before his marriage, Hitler wanted to insert a missing tooth. The dentist was taken to the bunker. A couple of days later, he prepared an artificial one instead of the missing tooth and made a gold belt, to which he soldered the artificial tooth, and then put the belt on the healthy tooth. He indicated the serial number of the tooth. All this was confirmed by the found medical record. The group drove to Hitler's burial site, dug up the body and removed the jaw for inspection. The dentist's testimony was fully confirmed. So the jaw ended up in the archive.

Thus, Serov repeatedly checked and proved from various sources that Hitler committed suicide. Therefore, any assumptions, legends, versions, including photographs of "corpses with mustache", were fiction.

Hitler's condition before the collapse of the Reich

Fritsche, Günsche and other Germans, who in recent days were around the Fuehrer, described in detail the appearance and condition of Hitler. It was a wreck that no longer doubted that the war was lost, and did not hide it from others.

Hitler was already having difficulty moving, dragging his feet and throwing his upper body forward. He struggled to keep his balance. If he had to move to another room, then he was resting on a bench installed along the wall, or holding his hand to the nearest companion. The left hand did not work, the right one was trembling, saliva flowed from the mouth. He looked terrifying. Perhaps this was the result of an assassination attempt on July 20, 44.

As for the memory and the working head, everything was fine. He continued not to believe anyone, believing that they wanted to deceive him. When the failures of the German troops became apparent, Hitler considered it a betrayal on the part of the generals and his entourage.

He was firmly convinced that, under any circumstances, America and England would not leave him in a difficult situation and would agree to an armistice in order to enable the war against the Bolsheviks to continue. He was especially happy when Roosevelt, whom he considered his enemy, died.

The fate of Hitler's associates

Serov also describes in detail the fate of Hitler's closest associates, which he was well aware of by his occupation and from the Americans.

Himmler, until May 21, wandered with two guards in the English zone, dressed in civilian clothes. By chance he was detained and sent to the British commandant's office, where he immediately confessed that he was Himmler, and demanded a meeting with Field Marshal Montgomery. Himmler was stripped naked, thoroughly searched, and an ampoule of potassium cyanide was seized. Then officers from Montgomery's headquarters ordered that Himmler be searched again. He was asked to open his mouth, he clenched his jaw and bit through the ampoule.

Goering fled Berlin when our troops approached around the twentieth of April and tried to establish contact with Eisenhower. At the same time, on April 23, he announced that in connection with the current situation, he was taking over all power in Germany. On the same day, at the direction of Hitler, Goering was arrested by the SS, but when he was being led, he saw his subordinate Air Force officers, and they released him.

Goering continued to represent himself as the leader of the Reich, and on May 9 he sent an envoy to the commander of the American division with a proposal to negotiate. The divisional commander detained him and placed him in the mansion, allowing Goering's wife and servants to come. He was later placed in the Nuremberg Prison.

When Goering was announced the decision of the Nuremberg Tribunal on the death sentence by hanging, he began to petition to be pardoned or to be replaced by shooting, since he could not allow the Reichsmarschall of Germany to be hanged. His request was denied. When they came for him to the execution cell on October 15, 1946, he was already wheezing, having bit through the ampoule. The ampoule could be given to him by his wife, who visited him, and he had the opportunity to keep this ampoule.

In the cell, Goering left a letter to the head of the Nuremberg Prison with gratitude for the good content, since in the cell he lived a free life, had several suits, various shaving accessories and creams, and a tea set. He had much to thank the Americans for. There was also a note on the table, addressed to the sergeant guarding him. Goering thanked the sergeant for his care and attention and asked that the superiors not scold the sergeant.

Serov also told several interesting episodes of how the execution of the verdict of the Nuremberg Tribunal took place. The execution of the sentence was entrusted to the Americans, and they carried it out with pomp. A special scaffold with a height of 3 meters was arranged in the prison. There was a hatch on the floor of the scaffold under the gallows. A rope was put on the criminal's neck. One of the tribunal members read out the verdict. An American Army sergeant kicked the pedal down, and the criminal fell through the hatch with a noose around his neck.

After the doctor fixed the death, the sergeant removed the rope from the hanged man and hid it in his bosom. When the Soviet general asked why he was hiding the rope, he, smiling happily, replied: “The rope from a hanged man brings happiness to young people, but I’m a business, I will sell it in pieces for dollars”.

The American and British generals behaved interestingly in the process of spraying the ashes of state criminals in one of the canals. The accompanying Soviet general, when approaching the canal, drew attention to the fuss and noise in the back seat of the car, where the American and British generals were holding urns with ash in their hands and each tried to be the first to get into the urn with his hand, beating off the other's hand. It turns out that according to their traditions, whoever throws the ashes first will be happy. When the car stopped, our general, stifling laughter, looked at the ash-smeared "happy" generals who rushed to the water to throw the ashes.

Serov also found out the fate of Bormann. In the course of undercover data and checks, he established that Bormann, along with Reich Youth Leader Axmann, fled from Berlin in an armored personnel carrier. On one of the streets a grenade was thrown in an APC from the second floor, and Bormann was wounded. It was not possible to establish more. This then gave rise to many legends: they say, Bormann remained alive and is hiding in South America.

How General Serov, on Stalin's orders in May 1945, sought and found Hitler

Already in the 60s, one of the former postal workers in Berlin told the police that on May 8, 1945, he and his colleagues were instructed to bury two corpses, one of which seemed to be Bormann. During the excavations, the bodies were not found, but in 1972, during construction work near the indicated place, human remains were discovered, in the jaws of which there was glass, which indicated poisoning with cyanide potassium. An examination confirmed that one of the remains belonged to Bormann, and in 1973 the German government declared Bormann dead. Thus ended the long-term saga with the "surviving" deputy Fuhrer for the Nazi party.

Despite strong evidence, versions of Hitler's life and death continued to exist. In 2017, leading French scientists were allowed to examine the jaw, which was kept in the FSB museum, and a part of Hitler's skull with a bullet hole in the State Archives. The conclusions of French scientists on the study of the remains discovered by General Serov once again confirmed that these are the remains of Hitler.
Photos used:,
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. Mavrikiy
    Mavrikiy 15 August 2020 05: 51
    Serious uncle. 5 Lenin and 6 combat, a lot of tasks, important and necessary.
    1. The comment was deleted.
      1. Mavrikiy
        Mavrikiy 20 August 2020 12: 09
        Quote: Wizard_57
        Sorry, but 6 Lenin and 5 Combat.

        I apologize for the mistake, I accept the apologies. I myself later discovered a crash error, I also clarified it in WIKI.
        1. The comment was deleted.
  2. Kwas
    Kwas 15 August 2020 07: 06
    The only question is, why would Stalin have plotted an intrigue with the legend of Hitler's flight?
    1. Aviator_
      Aviator_ 15 August 2020 08: 59
      Probably, there were thoughts that the search for Hitler would help to additionally find a mass of hiding Nazis, nothing else can explain this.
    2. Dr. Frankenstucker
      Dr. Frankenstucker 15 August 2020 12: 08
      I, too, did not understand this delusional thought.
      1. Herman 4223
        Herman 4223 16 August 2020 10: 42
        It could be said that the Americans or the British were hiding it, maybe there were some other thoughts.
    3. Dron_sk
      Dron_sk 18 August 2020 13: 51
      I think it's much easier. Stalin was not 100% sure that these were the remains of Hitler, therefore he did not advertise, so as not to look stupid in case Hitler surrendered to the Americans / British.
  3. Free wind
    Free wind 15 August 2020 07: 43
    Some inaccuracies. How could you get poisoned and then shoot yourself? After taking cyanide, a person becomes incapacitated almost immediately from pain. Goebbels had six children, and Magda poisoned all of them, first giving them morphine, and then potassium cyanide, there were six children's bodies. Great-grandson of Magda Gebels, from his first marriage, serves in the Israeli army. Hitler did not count on the help of the British and Americans. Hardly bombing England, before the age of 45, you can count on help. The fact that after Hitler could come to power a man who could make peace with the British, then there were such fears. Genetic studies of the remains were carried out, proving that they were Hitler's bones. About the hanged men and the ropes taken from them, how's that? It is necessary to pull out the corpse, it is necessary to loosen and remove the loop, then untie the rope from the ceiling, this is already a stepladder. The rope is quite thick, you can't hide it in a bosom. And there were never any reports about the sale of ropes. This is the first time I hear about who will throw out the ashes.
    1. Don karleone
      Don karleone 15 August 2020 08: 53
      Did Hitler tell you this?
    2. Aviator_
      Aviator_ 15 August 2020 09: 04
      How could you get poisoned and then shoot yourself?

      Really weird. There was only another option - first to shoot himself, and then poison himself and hang himself.
      1. Dr. Frankenstucker
        Dr. Frankenstucker 15 August 2020 12: 14
        And have time to run to the Spree and drown yourself. To be sure.
        1. Dart
          Dart 16 August 2020 23: 09
          not comme il faut to drown in the Slavic river.
    3. Catfish
      Catfish 15 August 2020 14: 45
      This business, the sale of the rope, was done by the American sergeant Hood, and he actually hung it. And it is not at all a fact that he was selling exactly the rope on which the condemned were hung. For with scraps of this rope, he supplied almost half of the US occupation forces in Europe, making very good money on this. laughing
      1. Captain45
        Captain45 15 August 2020 19: 36
        Quote: Sea Cat
        This rope business was run by the American Sergeant Hood,

        I'll correct - Sergeant Wood's last name, John Wood. And on the topic of the article, two years ago the book "Notes from a suitcase. Secret diaries of the first chairman of the KGB of the USSR" by I. Serov was published, the publication was directed by his granddaughter with the participation of A. Khinshtein. There is also an interesting book "40 Years of Solitude" by Margarita Nerucheva, she served as a translator for military counterintelligence and was assigned to the Spandau prison, while serving a sentence there by war criminals convicted by the Nuremberg Tribunal.
        1. Catfish
          Catfish 15 August 2020 19: 58
          That's right - Wood, thanks for the fix. smile I first read about his "business" with a rope in Boris Polevoy's book "In the End", more precisely in the Roman newspaper. Then I came across something about him in other literature.

          It is quite such an "intellectual" personality.
          1. Captain45
            Captain45 15 August 2020 22: 48
            Quote: Sea Cat
            It is quite such an "intellectual" personality.

            The face is asking for a brick lol
          2. Tarasios
            Tarasios 23 August 2020 16: 08
            you can't really hide such a rope in your bosom ...
            1. Catfish
              Catfish 23 August 2020 16: 11
              So, after all, he sold it in pieces, and it is not a fact that it was the one on which he hung it, what's the difference - the rope is the rope. laughing
        2. Dr. Frankenstucker
          Dr. Frankenstucker 16 August 2020 00: 59
          ... the book "Notes from a Suitcase. Secret Diaries of the First Chairman of the KGB of the USSR" by I. Serov was published, the publication was directed by his granddaughter with the participation of A. Khinshtein.

          Funny pop)
          But there will be (or already), of course, Shavana's diploma with a bang. I hope that the people at VO are smart enough not to be fooled by this pulp. Though...
      2. Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko
        Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko 17 August 2020 12: 23
        And how long are those ropes?!? That mister Wood was a scoundrel - he was slipping bullshit on them and fooling people! ...
    4. Ka-52
      Ka-52 17 August 2020 10: 40
      After taking cyanide, almost immediately from pain, a person becomes incapacitated

      when taking cyanide, a person does not experience pain. They quickly lose consciousness and death occurs from a lack of oxygen in the tissues.
    5. Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko
      Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko 17 August 2020 12: 20
      About ropes and ashes - fairy tales! I haven’t been there and I don’t believe !!!
    6. Simargl
      Simargl 18 August 2020 19: 49
      Quote: Free Wind
      How could you get poisoned and then shoot yourself?
      You've seen enough of the movie. KCN blocks cellular respiration. It doesn't hurt, but it's scary. Probably so scary that it's not so hiccuping to shoot yourself.
      Quote: Free Wind
      About the hanged men and the ropes taken from them, how's that? It is necessary to pull out the corpse, it is necessary to loosen and remove the loop, then untie the rope from the ceiling, this is already a stepladder.
      Not. It is necessary to climb to the second floor of the gallows, cut off the rope at the level of an outstretched hand, then go down and free the corpse. At one time - 5-7 meters of rope.
      Quote: Free Wind
      This is the first time I hear about who will throw out the ashes.
      Straight all the "jokes" about the executed you know? There are a lot of problems, in fact. Especially about the execution of those who lost the war.
    7. zenion
      zenion 2 November 2020 15: 16
      The Western allies did not want Hitler to be alive. God forbid, the Russians caught him and he will perform in Nuremberg, he would not have spared his creators there. When the American prosecutor asked Goering who else was the creator of the NSDAP? Then Göring replied that in the middle of 1920 they had one envoy from the United States, in 1930 there were already several of them who organized everything. Then the judge forbade Göring to speak. The microphone was turned off, two American goofs grabbed him by the arms and dragged him out of the courtroom. The trial was suspended for a week, and Göring was talked to and directed how he should answer and not remind anyone from the West. He was promised a life sentence. But when the death penalty was read, he said - Hitler was right, they deceived us, and this is the third time I have been. But they slipped him, apparently, cyanide into the porridge. After all, no one was shown the fragments of the ampoule found in his mouth. Therefore, the Americans were looking for him until the moment when Hitler was supposed to die of old age, according to their calculations.
  4. Blacksmith 55
    Blacksmith 55 15 August 2020 08: 10
    Everyone has known this for a long time.
    But this is the first time I've heard about the rope. Mores however.
    I don't think a single Soviet person would have come up with an idea with a rope and ash.
    1. Don karleone
      Don karleone 15 August 2020 08: 53
      Capitalists ........... :-)
  5. vomag
    vomag 15 August 2020 08: 57
    11 th
    Not an article trash .. the next version of nothing! Of course, along with the jaw there was a fragment of the skull which, as it turned out, belonged to a woman, well, somehow forgotten .... I DO NOT BELIEVE!
  6. Aviator_
    Aviator_ 15 August 2020 09: 12
    Surprisingly - Beria was shot, and his deputy remains in charge of the special services. The thought comes that the deputy was not the last person in the overthrow of Lavrenty Pavlovich.
  7. Dr. Frankenstucker
    Dr. Frankenstucker 15 August 2020 10: 14
    ... Then Hitler took potassium cyanide and shot himself in the head.

    I believe! By the way, Professor Pleischner not only took the poison, but also managed to shoot himself while flying from the third floor of a house on Blumenstrasse.
    1. Freeman
      Freeman 16 August 2020 22: 24
      Quote: Dr. Frankenstucker
      ... Then Hitler took potassium cyanide and shot himself in the head.

      I believe! By the way, Professor Pleischner not only took the poison, but also managed to shoot himself while flying from the third floor of a house on Blumenstrasse.

      And why ?! -
      Professor Pleischner was thrown out of the window for the third time, but the poison still did not work.

      Threat. what Probably, it was a "delay" from "Pyaterochka".
  8. Dr. Frankenstucker
    Dr. Frankenstucker 15 August 2020 10: 38
    ... At the end of the park stood a hunched man of about seventy with a wandering gaze. He was shown the corpse on the steps and asked: "Is this Hitler's corpse?"

    Well, a special operation)
    Then, looking suspiciously at the man with a wandering gaze, they asked him a question head-on: 'Grandfather, are you Bormann by chance?'
    1. Free wind
      Free wind 15 August 2020 11: 40
      We got the answer: well, guys, I’m this one, well this one, well, Gebels is shorter.
  9. Catfish
    Catfish 15 August 2020 15: 01
    ... that one of the remains belonged to Bormann, and in 1973 the German government declared Bormann dead.

    There is another version. The grave of a certain Bormann in Lefortovo (Moscow).

    Both are not provable. God alone knows how it really was ... or the devil.
    1. Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko
      Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko 17 August 2020 12: 27
      God - only with a capital letter !!!! And nothing else. However, and Mr. Devil, too, can be respected, writing with great! These two comrades are not simple, like the others here ...
  10. itis
    itis 15 August 2020 19: 34
    norm for infe. incomprehensible the intrigue of the author with the diaries of such a general found (where?, in the chest) as much as a quarter of a century later
    1. Captain45
      Captain45 15 August 2020 22: 52
      Quote: itis
      incomprehensible the intrigue of the author with the diaries of such a general found (where?, in the chest) as much as a quarter of a century later

      A suitcase with diaries was found while dismantling a garage wall in the country. By the way, the book can be downloaded at "Liters", not advertising, I downloaded it myself. Interesting and informative.
      1. Dr. Frankenstucker
        Dr. Frankenstucker 16 August 2020 01: 05
        ... ... Interesting and informative.

        What exactly? A dumb statement or a stupid affair? I'm just wondering - what are the fans of tabloid historical fiction with now?
        1. Captain45
          Captain45 16 August 2020 10: 27
          Quote: Dr. Frankenshtuzer
          What exactly? A dumb statement or a stupid affair? I'm just wondering - what are the fans of tabloid historical fiction with now?

          You first read it, and then you will be more sophisticated in your wit. It has already happened - "I have not read, but I condemn." And please don't answer, I'm not going to debate with you.
          1. Dr. Frankenstucker
            Dr. Frankenstucker 16 August 2020 12: 09
            Yes, I confess, I have not mastered this pulp to the end.
        2. zenion
          zenion 16 August 2020 15: 17
          Don't worry like that. Hitler is alive, alive. He now plays for the German national football team. In the state in which he was, it was more honorable for him to kill himself than to be treated and tortured with injections. There is still no cure for this disease.
  11. serge siberian
    serge siberian 16 August 2020 15: 10
    Please pay attention to the last photo in the article. Lieutenant General Khrushchev and General of the Army Serov, however. This explains why the hero of the article was not repressed along with Beria. Yes, on the basis of the general's diaries, found in a suitcase walled up in one of the walls of the garage, at the dacha. But Mr. Khinshtein did not get there by chance, but he could not be allowed to access these materials.
    You cannot even remove the rope from the hanged man, only cut it off in case of emergency. This is the Orthodox custom.
    1. vladimirZ
      vladimirZ 16 August 2020 16: 01
      I recently read this book of Serov's memoirs "Notes from a suitcase. Secret diaries of the first chairman of the KGB of the USSR". Serov did a lot of good for the country in the ranks of the NKVD, then the KGB, the GRU, where he was an army commander, was sent in 1939 after graduating from the Frunze Academy, both before the war, during the war, and after it - as evidenced by his numerous Orders of Lenin and the Battle Red Banner, the title of Hero of the USSR. Moreover, he acted professionally skillfully, as befits a professional soldier in hostilities with the Germans, underground gangs in the North Caucasus, Ukraine, Poland, the Baltic States, Germany, Hungary, etc. But, not everything is as good with him as he writes about himself.

      I was also struck by this fact of the connection between Serov and Khrushchev, for the sake of which General Serov betrayed his Supreme Commander-in-Chief I.V. Stalin, among other things, he helped to compile archival materials for Khrushchev a report to the XX Congress of the CPSU, denigrating Stalin and his deeds, to clean up the archives of the NKVD on Khrushchev's criminal cases in repression. In the end, he betrayed his direct boss Beria, but a sense of self-preservation probably played here, but nevertheless Serov contributed to Khrushchev's coup d'état, which replaced the collective post-Stalinist leadership in the party and state with Khrushchev's sole voluntarist power, which degenerated into an outright personality cult of Khrushchev with very sad the consequences for the people, the USSR, the CPSU and the building and preservation of socialism in general.
      And the punishment for this betrayal, inevitably happened for him. To begin with, Khrushchev, for whom Serov tried so hard, decided to shorten the possibilities of his slave (outdated. supporter, henchman, adherent, constant assistant in any (usually unseemly) affairs), who became omnipotent in the post of head of the KGB, transferring him from the KGB to the post of head of the GRU of the Ministry of Defense, and then after the famous case of the traitor Colonel Penkovsky in 1962, completely removed him from the special services, demoted from army general to major general, depriving him titles of Hero of the USSR, orders and medals, and sent him as an assistant commander of the Central Asian Military District for educational institutions, and soon completely dismissed him from service to retire. And no matter how much later, and Serov lived a long life, he did not write about the rehabilitation and the return of the title and star of the Hero, no one went to meet him.
      1. gsev
        gsev 3 September 2020 00: 39
        Quote: vladimirZ
        I recently read this book of Serov's memoirs "Notes from a suitcase. Secret diaries of the first chairman of the KGB of the USSR".

        These diaries have not been verified by independent experts. Experts are not allowed access to these diaries. The circumstances under which these diaries were found very much resemble the story of the discovery of tablets with "Veles' writing". Most likely, Serov's highly edited memoirs have been published. How true or how far-fetched these memoirs are, at best, only future historians can figure out.
  12. Valery Potapov
    Valery Potapov 17 August 2020 08: 56
    I read that they were hung on a string, not on a rope ... I won't argue ...
    1. Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko
      Andrey Zhdanov-Nedilko 17 August 2020 12: 30
      No, these are not these - these are the old fashioned on the rope!
  13. gsev
    gsev 3 September 2020 00: 11
    Speaking about the history of Hitler's suicide, it is necessary to recall Elena Rzhevskaya and Lev Bezymensky. For the first time, military translator Elena Rzhevskaya told in detail how they searched for Hitler's corpse by publishing her memoirs and bypassing Soviet censorship. In fact, it was she who abolished the classification by Stalin of the circumstances of Hitler's death. As a historian, Bezymensky did a lot cautiously, but historically accurately communicating to the Soviet and Russian reader the circumstances of these events in the time of troubles at the turn of two or three eras of Russian history. His book "Operation" Myth "...." is very interesting.
  14. Timofey Charuta
    Timofey Charuta 24 October 2020 13: 01
    The smartest was Müller-Gestapo.
    According to the testimony of witnesses, he sat in a bunker with Hitler until the last, then he beautifully disappeared, in the sense - completely, with ends. There is still no reliable information, there are only speculations, versions of the magazine, fakes. Shelenberg's stuffing turned out to be very handy - Mueller is a Soviet agent and he must be looked for in Moscow. Therefore, it has not yet been found ... Basically, why not? The Americans with the brits of such villains, as it turned out, were hiding in bulk. Klaus-Barbier alone is worth something.

    As for me, papa Müller - this is how the almighty head of the secret state police had to disappear without a trace, with both ends. The rest turned out to be some kind of suckers, Honestly, I expected more from Himmler, wandered around the English rear as a poor orphan ...

    In general, the inability of the great villains to disappear and hide is shocking. From Mussolini to Hussein - a childish naive hide-and-seek game, like I'm in the house!

    In the photo - Muller on vacation with a secretary