The hunt for oil. The pursuit of profit as a form of occupation


The Trump administration, like its predecessor, calls the ultimate destruction of terrorism as the goal of its presence in Syria. This principle is interpreted by Washington in very different ways: in Idlib, the Americans, at least for the moment, absolutely exclude the ground military presence. A different position has been taken regarding oil-rich lands east of the Euphrates: the presence of US military bases here is explained by the need to support the “main ally” in the fight against ISIS (prohibited in the Russian Federation) - the Kurds.


The agenda for Kurdish militias in northeast Syria is well known: they want to create an autonomous territorial entity with a maximum range of powers without outside interference. In this sense, the relations of Americans and Kurds with good reason can be called a marriage of convenience. The United States does not and cannot have other partners who allegedly need help in the fight against ISIS. The Kurds, bearing in mind the usefulness of the military and diplomatic potential of the United States for gaining leverage over the ATS government, actively used this. No wonder Donald Trump's loud statements about the withdrawal of American troops from Syria, which later turned out to be empty words, caused the most fierce criticism in the ranks of the Kurdish political movements.

In fact, the US never made a commitment to help the Kurds create an autonomous zone in northeast Syria. The longer the United States maintains forced military cooperation with the Kurds, the greater the risk for American forces to find themselves in a stalemate between the two allies and get stuck in a regional conflict, given Turkey’s relentless desire to put an end to the conflict with the Kurds by force.

And the longer the US troops continue to remain in Syria, occasionally reporting on the “extremely successful” joint operations with the Kurdish People’s Self-Defense Forces to destroy the sleeping cells of ISIS of two people in some village in Raqqa or Deir ez-Zora, the more obvious it will be it becomes that the Americans are not really interested in Syria’s final deliverance from terrorism. A strong argument in favor of this point of view is official Washington’s rhetoric regarding the situation in Idlib: they say that the terrorists are there, of course, but they haven’t planned any aggressive actions against the Syrian authorities lately, the victims of their attacks on government positions are not so numerous and etc., etc. These words do not quite correlate with the image of the state, fiercely fighting against any manifestations of terrorism, is not it?

In northeast Syria, the activity of Americans, by and large, is limited to the areas directly surrounding the oil fields. At international venues, US officials regularly state that Washington refuses to help restore the peaceful life of the Syrian territories, which are under the control of the ATS government. However, the Americans also have no signs of a desire to restore, for example, Racca, which they themselves bombed.

If you add up the resulting “ingredients” (control of oil fields and prevent the restoration of the SAR government’s sovereignty over the entire territory of the country) and add to the non-binding bravado in the spirit of “Assad must leave”, “we will expel the last Iranian boot from Syria” and “ISIS will finally defeated ”, the resulting dish from the“ chef ”, with whatever sauce you serve it, will invariably beg for one name: the occupation of the territory of another state in order to profit. Here is such a high cuisine of international politics!
Ctrl Enter

Noticed a mistake Highlight text and press. Ctrl + Enter

45 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. DMB 75 14 March 2020 16: 41 New
    • 10
    • 5
    +5
    Oil is the blood of the global economy. Why be surprised if wars go on all the time for it. Solar energy is not developing yet, because the sun does not yet belong to oil companies. It seems that the truth is no longer fault, but in oil. It’s good that we have oil and gas. It is one bad thing that we do not have oil and gas.
    1. Honest Citizen 14 March 2020 16: 58 New
      • 11
      • 5
      +6
      Well, Trump said "I love oil" ...
      And, if memory serves, some company in the USA is already selling !, selling, Karl !, plots on the moon.
      So now they will carry out the privatization of the Sun, and will cut the "dividends" for the summer heat ... They will become. By the way, in a US court a decision was made prohibiting the Sun to go out like a star after some billions of years there.
      1. Sergey Olegovich 14 March 2020 17: 32 New
        • 14
        • 1
        +13
        Quote: Honest Citizen
        some company in the USA is already selling !, selling, Karl !, plots on the moon.

        The organization is called the Lunar Embassy. They sell certificates of ownership of the site not only on the Moon, but also on Mars and other planets.
        1. Tatyana 14 March 2020 17: 36 New
          • 5
          • 4
          +1
          The hunt for oil. The pursuit of profit as a form of OCCUPATION

          Beautiful - analytically competent and HONEST - article of the author!
          Everything is correctly named by the author by his own names!

          1. Machito 14 March 2020 20: 19 New
            • 3
            • 3
            0
            The US is not interested in democracy in the occupied countries, they are interested in oil and drugs.
        2. Askold Matveev 14 March 2020 18: 10 New
          • 18
          • 6
          +12
          Quote: Sergey Olegovich
          The organization is called the Lunar Embassy. They sell certificates of ownership of the site not only on the Moon, but also on Mars and other planets.

          And Mishustin can easily tax all lunar buildings, sheds, hotbeds, closets and even lunar dog kennels.
      2. The comment was deleted.
      3. sabakina 14 March 2020 18: 09 New
        • 3
        • 2
        +1
        Quote: Honest Citizen
        By the way, in a US court a decision was made prohibiting the Sun to go out like a star after some billions of years there.
        After 5 billion years, the sun is kirdyk. Do they want to live forever?
        1. Askold Matveev 14 March 2020 18: 30 New
          • 14
          • 5
          +9
          Quote: sabakina
          After 5 billion years, the sun is kirdyk. Do they want to live forever?

          Vyacheslav, why be surprised if even in our country there are people who want to live forever, so in this aspect we are not inferior.
          "Why is there infinity in the world?
          We think life is a century
          In a world where both lies and flattery
          We live as if there is,
          We live as if eternity is "(c)
        2. Fat
          Fat 14 March 2020 22: 18 New
          • 4
          • 0
          +4
          Quote: sabakina
          Quote: Honest Citizen
          By the way, in a US court a decision was made prohibiting the Sun to go out like a star after some billions of years there.
          After 5 billion years, the sun is kirdyk. Do they want to live forever?

          Do you want to live forever? (C) this phrase from Heinlein’s book "Starship Troopers" is sometimes translated as: "Do you want to be remembered?" ...
          Well, they have become famous ... Right now, the Shnobel Prize
      4. Snail N9 14 March 2020 19: 31 New
        • 2
        • 1
        +1
        Valentin Pikul has a little-known, unfortunately unfinished, novel about oil, under the title, which well characterizes the very nature of this product: "Greasy, dirty and corrupt"
    2. Chaldon48 14 March 2020 17: 38 New
      • 8
      • 1
      +7
      We do not have oil and gas, but on Russian territory, from which these energy sources are pumped and pumped for the benefit of the West.
      1. Askold Matveev 14 March 2020 18: 16 New
        • 14
        • 5
        +9
        Quote: Chaldon48
        We do not have oil and gas, but on Russian territory, from which these energy sources are pumped and pumped for the benefit of the West.

        In the meantime:
        The President of the United States decided to help the American citizens and businesses who were the hardest hit by the coronavirus epidemic.
        Trump for three months decided to exempt Americans from taxes Trump for three months decided to exempt Americans from taxes
        The United States will provide citizens, small and medium-sized businesses with a three-month tax break.
        As the President of the United States of America Donald Trump said, the decision was made in order to smooth out the economic consequences of the coronavirus COVID-19, according to the White House website.
    3. eklmn 14 March 2020 18: 06 New
      • 8
      • 7
      +1
      “It's good that we have oil and gas.”
      If you said this as a representative of the Kremlin and the government, then that's right. If as a normal resident of Russia, then explain what is good for you from the presence of oil and gas in the country?
      In the USA and Europe, gas prices fell by 30% due to falling oil prices. Have gas prices declined in Russia? 30%? What gives you personally the presence of gas and oil in the country?
      In the USA and Europe, with falling gas prices, prices will fall, because shipping costs will be cheaper. Will prices fall in Russia?
      What gives you personally the presence of gas and oil in the country?
      In the USA and Europe, 100% of the population have gas / electricity, in Russia 30% of the population is not gasified. ““ It's a shame when the country that produces the most gas in the world nevertheless has such a low level of gasification of the population. ” This loud statement was made by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev last July. ”
      Question - What does the presence of gas and oil in the country personally give you?
      The untouchable (for rights!) Reserve Fund of Norway is so huge that it allows each (!) Citizen to receive $ 170 thousand. per month for 20 years.
      “Few other oil-rich states find themselves in such an enviable position. Some of them, including Russia, also have buffer funds to mitigate the effects of the Dutch disease in their economies. But the difference is that Norway treats its foundation as sacred, and Moscow readily plunges into its own when it needs extra money. ”
      The question is, if you are not a representative of the Kremlin, then what does the presence of gas and oil in the country personally give you? Why such pride in what does not benefit the inhabitants of the country?
    4. tihonmarine 14 March 2020 20: 48 New
      • 2
      • 2
      0
      Quote: DMB 75
      Oil is the blood of the global economy. Why be surprised if wars go on for it all the time.

      No wonder there is a saying, "Anyone who finds an alternative to oil will not live 24 hours."
  2. knn54 14 March 2020 16: 51 New
    • 7
    • 3
    +4
    The hunt for profit is not a variety, but the BASIC reason for the occupation.
    1. Askold Matveev 14 March 2020 18: 06 New
      • 17
      • 6
      +11
      Quote: knn54
      The hunt for profit is not a variety, but the BASIC reason for the occupation.

      From this we can conclude that Russia is also in occupation.
    2. tihonmarine 14 March 2020 20: 52 New
      • 2
      • 2
      0
      Quote: knn54
      The hunt for profit is not a variety, but the BASIC reason for the occupation.

      Profit is the basic law of capitalism. War, occupation, colonization, "seizing the markets, is a means to profit. That's the whole point of the" New World Order ".
  3. fruit_cake 14 March 2020 16: 57 New
    • 5
    • 3
    +2
    the main terrorist is the USA, although their other mongrels are not averse to frolic on the scraps of their overlord
  4. AlexVas44 14 March 2020 17: 12 New
    • 2
    • 2
    0
    ... will invariably beg for one name: the occupation of the territory of another state in order to profit.

    It is unlikely that this is the profit obtained by overwork. It’s just a gain, an easy way to enrichment, in short - predation and parasitism.
  5. Tomich3 14 March 2020 17: 23 New
    • 7
    • 0
    +7
    Well, ours just decided to help Assad for free, yeah.
    1. AlexVas44 14 March 2020 17: 32 New
      • 2
      • 1
      +1
      But has oil already gone? laughing I think, if it does, it’s past our gas stations.
    2. From Siberia we 14 March 2020 17: 32 New
      • 2
      • 3
      -1
      The Syrian parliament discussed draft laws on contracts with the Russian company Mercury for exploration and oil production on blocks 7 and 19 of September 2 and approved them as laws. Parliament also approved a bill on the exploration and oil production contract with Vilada on Block 23. Syrian Oil Minister Ali Ghanem said the 23rd block, with an area of ​​2159 square kilometers, is located north of Damascus. According to Ghanem, cooperation with the Mercury company began within the framework of the protocol of the intergovernmental commission in Sochi in 2017, then negotiations were held on work at "fields north-east of the Euphrates." Block 7 is located in Zaevfratie and covers an area of ​​9531 square kilometers.
      The minister said that the reserves at each block are at least 250 billion cubic meters of gas.
      1. From Siberia we 14 March 2020 17: 33 New
        • 5
        • 3
        +2
        The fight against terrorism ..... yeah ..
      2. Evil Booth 14 March 2020 18: 19 New
        • 2
        • 5
        -3
        from ukrosibiri not? kakbe everyone in the know why write Catalan on goods
      3. Self 14 March 2020 18: 23 New
        • 0
        • 0
        0
        Minister of oil? Do you even have such posts?
  6. Sergey Olegovich 14 March 2020 17: 37 New
    • 11
    • 3
    +8
    occupation of the territory of another state in order to profit.

    American imperialism cannot do otherwise. They always have just a little ... Making money on blood and destruction is the corporate identity of the United States.
    1. Askold Matveev 14 March 2020 18: 37 New
      • 14
      • 6
      +8
      Quote: Sergey Olegovich
      American imperialism cannot do otherwise. They always have just a little ... Making money on blood and destruction is the corporate identity of the United States.

      I agree. It should only be noted that the Russian Federation is also a capitalist country and is ready to profit from everything that comes to hand.
  7. cniza 14 March 2020 17: 43 New
    • 2
    • 2
    0
    occupation of the territory of another state in order to profit. Here is such a high cuisine of international politics!


    But did the USA ever act differently?
  8. New Year day 14 March 2020 17: 54 New
    • 9
    • 1
    +8
    ... the occupation of the territory of another state in order to profit

    suppose this is not the discovery of America, the hedgehog was clear
    Therefore, America itself will not leave
  9. Petrol cutter 14 March 2020 18: 01 New
    • 10
    • 2
    +8
    Longing swept over me gentlemen. And discouragement.
    If machines, production lines, equipment would be bought for the income from that oil ... People would be trained, trained to work on all this equipment ... Moreover, in a massive manner. The plan is “did you master the“ semiautomatic device ”today?!. As one of my correct bosses told me, you cannot grab it by the“ semiautomatic device? !!. And, I mastered the car in four hours. By Saturday. So far, no one On Monday, I’ve already spied on what the light stands on.
    That would be the case.
    And so ... A lot of oil costs ... A little oil costs ... Neither warm nor cold.
    1. Askold Matveev 14 March 2020 18: 42 New
      • 17
      • 7
      +10
      Quote: Benzorez
      And so ... A lot of oil costs ... A little oil costs ... Neither warm nor cold.

      It’s just that we have different houses with power, they have big, warm and bright houses, and we have what’s left.
      Quote: Benzorez
      Longing swept over me gentlemen. And despondency. If the income from that oil would buy machines, production lines, equipment ... Trained, would prepare people to work on all this equipment ... And in a massive manner.

      If ... everything was as you say, then robotics in the Russian Federation would reach such heights that there would be nothing for a person in the production sphere to do.
      But the modern rulers of Russia have completely different plans.
      1. Petrol cutter 15 March 2020 17: 42 New
        • 1
        • 1
        0
        In a shipbuilding, never robotization and mechanization will displace a person. Each ship has a separate poem! ..
        To facilitate work, speed up work, reduce harmfulness, yes.
        No robot will crawl into the double pipe and brew there. What the first shift will heroically do tomorrow. And in the second I’ll come. Engage in similar activities.
        And their operating time (during the current shift), we will fiercely take note. Bo, I don’t understand how to get into it at all?! ... It’s also desirable to get out ...
    2. arhitroll 14 March 2020 18: 45 New
      • 1
      • 3
      -2
      At VO for some reason they don’t understand what you wrote. Stoked for selling and selling ...
  10. Evil Booth 14 March 2020 18: 18 New
    • 0
    • 2
    -2
    from such a high cuisine international politics!
    Author:
    Riyadh Farid Hijab
    hi however, by the 22nd, the fsёyo will be actively attacking
  11. Self 14 March 2020 18: 19 New
    • 2
    • 1
    +1
    It's no secret that American interests are always at the forefront. Everyone understands everything perfectly. But from a practical point of view, from this, neither cold nor hot. The reality is that there is no one on the planet to pull them back. There is no one to resist them militarily and economically. Any international organization that everyone loves to care about, and Russia in particular, they can send by the forest, at any time, if they consider it necessary for themselves. Therefore, everyone will turn a blind eye to their hidden, or not very, occupation by them of any country. If they hid in general at BV for oil, then it is naive to believe that they would leave without it.
  12. Sergey Averchenkov 14 March 2020 18: 50 New
    • 2
    • 3
    -1
    Well, this is a long time ago that everyone knows. Under the guise of democracy, they want to take away your oil. Democracy is oil, oil is democracy. Cynicism rolls over.
  13. businessv 14 March 2020 20: 24 New
    • 0
    • 3
    -3
    In northeast Syria, American activity is, by and large, limited to areas directly surrounding oil fields.
    I suggest stripes henceforth to be called "oil pumps" so as not to annoy the censors. repeat
    1. Oleg Zorin_2 15 March 2020 11: 35 New
      • 0
      • 0
      0
      Haha And oil exporters, in your terminology, are "oil carriers." Stupid and gone.
      1. businessv 16 March 2020 00: 44 New
        • 0
        • 2
        -2
        Quote: Oleg Zorin_2
        Haha And oil exporters, in your terminology, are "oil carriers." Stupid and gone.

        Did you understand what you wrote? Only a true liberalist - a moralist can compare the invaders with ordinary sellers!
  14. A. Privalov 14 March 2020 21: 41 New
    • 6
    • 1
    +5
    Especially for those who still believe that the stork brings children that the United States came to Syria for oil.
    Even in the good pre-war times, Syria produced only about 400 thousand barrels of medium-quality oil per day, of which 80% was consumed by itself immediately. (For comparison, Libya produces 1.4 -1.8 million barrels per day, and the entire Middle East produces 28.5 million barrels per day, global consumption up to 89 million barrels per day). U.S. strategic oil reserve only makes up almost 700 million barrels. In other words, this is all Syrian oil to the last drop in 5 (five!) Years of intensive production. With their cash supply, the United States can feed the whole world for a week. hi

    For those interested in the topic:
    Syria has never been a transit hub for oil exports, there are no modernly equipped oil ports, although earlier Iraqi oil was pumped through the pipeline and poured into tankers. Yes, all kinds of banduks poured oil into oil tankers and somewhere (I remember, even to Turkey) sold it in small ways, but this is all rubbish in the general oil flow.
    Oil flows around the world from the Middle East go in three directions: through the Arabian Sea to the Asian market or, bending around Africa with access to the Atlantic Ocean, and the last option - through the Suez Canal and across the Mediterranean to European markets.
    More than 80% of cargo ships that go to the Mediterranean Sea do not even approach the shores of Syria. A few hundred kilometers near the border of Syria there is a large port in Turkey, which unites oil flows from Iraq and Azerbaijan - Ceyhan Oil Terminal, which has a peak load of up to 2 million barrels per day, but actually makes out about 1.1 million barrels per day. Syria, with its oil capabilities, has nothing to do there. hi
  15. Warrior MorePhoto 15 March 2020 02: 30 New
    • 4
    • 2
    +2
    Quote: Benzorez
    Longing swept over me gentlemen. And discouragement.
    If machines, production lines, equipment would be bought for the income from that oil ... People would be trained, trained to work on all this equipment ... Moreover, in a massive manner. The plan is “did you master the“ semiautomatic device ”today?!. As one of my correct bosses told me, you cannot grab it by the“ semiautomatic device? !!. And, I mastered the car in four hours. By Saturday. So far, no one On Monday, I’ve already spied on what the light stands on.
    That would be the case.
    And so ... A lot of oil costs ... A little oil costs ... Neither warm nor cold.


    Why machines, medicine, etc. ? Pump oil and sell, and we live. Prices have dropped, well, people will pay, the rate is 20% cps.
    Want gas stations cheaper? But how will they receive less now? No, people will pay.

    Only sadness is that they themselves have no brains. Because of the amount of dough, they don’t see the coast. Instead of reducing it by 1-1.5 million barrels, getting $ 55-65, ponted and got $ 30-35. And the most interesting is that the Saudis, Iraq, Kuwait are “offended” and offer “in our” European market at $ 25, i.e. generally survives from our place, and if they really do not stop then this is a collapse for the country. you have to pay the Russian Guard, the army, state employees, there will be nothing to do with pensions.
    Yes, there is a “cushion” of 570 billion, but in a recession of the economy this money will go to zero in less than a year ... To build an economy independent of oil and gas in a year, two, three, four is unrealistic.
    Sadites have a cost of $ 8, we have $ 20, i.e. at $ 25 they earn 200% we are 20% which is complete .....
    + In Syria (+ we will count Donbass as a gum help) war and this is a huge cost. There is such a conditional concept that you can be "aggressive" at a cost of $ 77 or more ... Do you understand?
    Well, we would have allies, so we are not like allies, but enemies with their sleeves rolled up - 3 Baltic states, Georgia, Ukraine, Poland, Japan. It turns out generally on all fronts.
    Well, we would have just begun the situation, so now we have the poor on the poor and the poor chasing. And now the prices will go up. The people will become even poorer, this will lead to a "stagnation" in sales, and this will pull even lower taxes. The reduction will begin ...
    In short, the only option is to kneel for the Saudis and crawl at your feet.
    But the fact that we (the people) will be stripped even more is a fact.
    Well, how daring nat projects voiced to implement it even out of the general understanding.

    Ps
    In the case of the Saudis, when oil prices fell, the rate remained the same.
    In Norway, it has fallen by 3%, now it is again back almost at the same position.
    Gas prices in America have fallen, and by the way in Ukraine, too.
    Know comments.
  16. Yehudi Menuhin 15 March 2020 03: 00 New
    • 4
    • 1
    +3
    Syria is far from the UAE and Saudi Arabia in terms of oil reserves. Kurds feed themselves, of course, that's enough. Again, the States do not splurge. So the pathos of the article is actually sucked from the finger.
  17. Chess knight 15 March 2020 03: 04 New
    • 2
    • 1
    +1
    Quote: A. Privalov
    Especially for those who still believe that the stork brings children that the United States came to Syria for oil.
    Even in the good pre-war times, Syria produced only about 400 thousand barrels of medium-quality oil per day, of which 80% was consumed by itself immediately. (For comparison, Libya produces 1.4 -1.8 million barrels per day, and the entire Middle East produces 28.5 million barrels per day, global consumption up to 89 million barrels per day). U.S. strategic oil reserve only makes up almost 700 million barrels. In other words, this is all Syrian oil to the last drop in 5 (five!) Years of intensive production. With their cash supply, the United States can feed the whole world for a week. hi

    For those interested in the topic:
    Syria has never been a transit hub for oil exports, there are no modernly equipped oil ports, although earlier Iraqi oil was pumped through the pipeline and poured into tankers. Yes, all kinds of banduks poured oil into oil tankers and somewhere (I remember, even to Turkey) sold it in small ways, but this is all rubbish in the general oil flow.
    Oil flows around the world from the Middle East go in three directions: through the Arabian Sea to the Asian market or, bending around Africa with access to the Atlantic Ocean, and the last option - through the Suez Canal and across the Mediterranean to European markets.
    More than 80% of cargo ships that go to the Mediterranean Sea do not even approach the shores of Syria. A few hundred kilometers near the border of Syria there is a large port in Turkey, which unites oil flows from Iraq and Azerbaijan - Ceyhan Oil Terminal, which has a peak load of up to 2 million barrels per day, but actually makes out about 1.1 million barrels per day. Syria, with its oil capabilities, has nothing to do there. hi


    Absolutely.
    Another twinkle is that the Kurds supported by the Americans now have most of the reserves in the fields.
    We have a smaller one. The only point is the exploration contracts, but this time, not a year or two, but decades + well, the cost of Syrian oil production is the same as ours is $ 20-25, i.e. this is not saudi oil at $ 5-8 per barrel
  18. honest people 15 March 2020 07: 41 New
    • 5
    • 2
    +3
    Quote: A. Privalov
    Especially for those who still believe that the stork brings children that the United States came to Syria for oil.
    Even in the good pre-war times, Syria produced only about 400 thousand barrels of medium-quality oil per day, of which 80% was consumed by itself immediately. (For comparison, Libya produces 1.4 -1.8 million barrels per day, and the entire Middle East produces 28.5 million barrels per day, global consumption up to 89 million barrels per day). U.S. strategic oil reserve only makes up almost 700 million barrels. In other words, this is all Syrian oil to the last drop in 5 (five!) Years of intensive production. With their cash supply, the United States can feed the whole world for a week. hi

    For those interested in the topic:
    Syria has never been a transit hub for oil exports, there are no modernly equipped oil ports, although earlier Iraqi oil was pumped through the pipeline and poured into tankers. Yes, all kinds of banduks poured oil into oil tankers and somewhere (I remember, even to Turkey) sold it in small ways, but this is all rubbish in the general oil flow.
    Oil flows around the world from the Middle East go in three directions: through the Arabian Sea to the Asian market or, bending around Africa with access to the Atlantic Ocean, and the last option - through the Suez Canal and across the Mediterranean to European markets.
    More than 80% of cargo ships that go to the Mediterranean Sea do not even approach the shores of Syria. A few hundred kilometers near the border of Syria there is a large port in Turkey, which unites oil flows from Iraq and Azerbaijan - Ceyhan Oil Terminal, which has a peak load of up to 2 million barrels per day, but actually makes out about 1.1 million barrels per day. Syria, with its oil capabilities, has nothing to do there. hi

    Why are you telling this in a foolish way, let them be streamed with patriotism good
  19. parusnik 15 March 2020 08: 27 New
    • 2
    • 0
    +2
    occupation of the territory of another state in order to profit.
    ... Vasco da Gamma, sailed to India not through cultural exchanges, and the colonization of America and Africa was carried out, not to provide humanitarian assistance .... one thing is not clear who will expel the red fox from the Syrian house?