Forms of ranks of Siberian rifle units (Schenk V.K. Tables of uniforms of uniforms of the Russian army. St. Petersburg, 1910. Units still pass as East Siberian rifle regiments. Renaming took place just in the year when this part of the brochure was published).
Siberian machine guns - breakwater of German attacks. The battle of the 3-th Siberian Rifle Regiment at the village of Pyasechno
On August 26 of 1914, the 3 Siberian Rifle Regiment, having occupied the village of Pyasechno as the head battalion (2), put up guard guard on the line of the eastern outskirts of the village of Skupye to the Pyasechno River at 19 hours, having a watch reserve in 1,5 companies and two heavy machine gun in the village of Piaseczno. Ahead, in the direction of the village of Kochki and the village of Kamenka, there was reconnaissance - teams of horse and foot scouts. On the left is the sentry guard of the 2 Siberian Rifle Regiment, and on the right there was no one.
At dawn on the 27 of August, the Germans, by force near a regiment with artillery, launched an offensive in the 79 altitude band - the Piaseczno River. Enemy artillery fire reached extreme tension. An eyewitness notes that there was literally no place where heavy and light shells would not burst. Especially densely fired by the enemy were the highways from the village of Kamenka on Pyasechno and from the village of Kochki to the village of Skvarne. The Germans concentrated their fire mainly on the village of Piaseczno.
About 9 hours, rare chains of German infantry were seen - they descended from the crest of the 79 height and accumulated on its northern slope. At 13 hours the enemy’s chains with a force near 4 mouth launched an offensive in the 79 altitude band - the Piaseczno River - in the direction to the south-eastern outskirts of the village of Posyadaly. Artillery fire intensified, and the 2 Siberian mountain battery was shot down from a position. Despite the absence of all full-time artillery (for it was still unloaded in Warsaw), all enemy attacks were repulsed by Siberians - and the Germans retreated in the direction of the 79 height.
About 15 hours from the side of the village of Sodlo thick enemy columns were seen, which sought to hit the right flank and rear of the battle formation of the 2th battalion. To counter coverage, the commander of the 3 Siberian Rifle Regiment, Colonel V. A. Dobrzhansky, sent the 9 and 10 companies and two machine guns.
The 9 company occupied a section along the Piaseczno River - between the 2 bridges south of the arable land; 10 company - took a position to the left. The first machine gun was installed between the 9 and 10 companies, and the second machine gun was installed between the 3 and 4 departments of the 4 platoon of the 10 company. As a result - “With the fire of heavy machine guns, nine wave-like attacks of the German infantry were repelled.” The enemy met with strong rifle - machine gun fire, having suffered heavy losses, swept to the side and lay down.
At 18 hours, by order of the regiment commander, the 9 and 10 companies went on the counterattack. It was very successful: prisoners were captured and weapon.
V. A. Dobrzhansky
June day of the 10 Siberian Rifle Regiment. Fight on 24 on June 1915 of the year.
The night attack unfolded at 2 hours, and by the morning of 24 on June the soldiers of Lieutenant Colonel A.F. Krukovsky occupied the southern edge of the forest, pushing the enemy back and finally establishing cooperation with the units of the 2th battalion, occupying gosp. Lesnichuvka courtyard and strong point (RGVIA. F. 16180. Op. 1. D. 63. L. 480. 10 Siberian Rifle Regiment 24 - 26 June 1915 of the year in documents).
The 3 company of the 9 Siberian Rifle Regiment was replaced by the 9 company of the 10 Siberian. That night, the 9 regiment was not able to push the enemy away from the foils. Lenchitsa, and the right flank of the 10-th regiment (10-th company) and two companies of the 9-th regiment, in relation to the position of the 10-th regiment, stood perpendicular to the north. To establish communication with the 9 regiment, a half-company of the 8 company was allocated, which stood to the right of the 4 company of the 9 company. Then she came in contact with the companies of the 1 battalion, which was put forward to help the 9 regiment to attack the forest backrest south of the Lenchitsa folklore.
At 12 hours, a warning was received from the brigade commander Major General N. S. Trikovsky that the 9 Siberian Rifle Regiment, reinforced by the battalion of the 10 Siberian Rifle Regiment, was attacking a forest lunette at 16 hours. In case of success, the 10 regiment was ordered to advance to the northern edge of the forest, crashing into the enemy’s position with a wedge.
Major General N. S. Trikovsky, commander of the 1th Brigade of the 3th Siberian Rifle Division
4th battalion from vil. Ghosts advanced to Podzamchye and stood in reserve.
The attack began at 16 hours, and led to success: the Austrians began to cross from the Lenchitsky forest to the Big Forest. The 11 and 10 companies showed themselves here: when the enemy appeared in a clearing, he was met by fire. In this situation, enemy soldiers threw rifles and surrendered in groups.
Seeing this success, the left flank (the 5 and 12 companies, as well as the half company of the 7 companies) quickly moved forward, chasing the enemy in front of them and knocking out of the 3's consecutive trench lines in the direction of the 118 height and the village of Galenzov. Thus, the regiment's companies advanced on a large forest and passed its eastern edge in the direction of 118 height. On the way of the offensive, an abandoned light 4-gun battery of the enemy was discovered.
Companies rushed forward.
5-I company under the command of staff captain Terletsky reached der. Galensov. The 13 company came under the command of the ensign Korzhenevsky. Here both officers died.
Half of the 7 company, led by Ensign Syrodoyev, captured the enemy machine gun.
The enemy managed to get reinforcements and fired intensively. The cavalry necessary for the development of success was absent.
Seeing the impossibility to resist, the companies in order retreated to the old line of their trenches at the gentlemen. Courtyard Lesnichowka.
The following trophies were captured in this battle: 428 prisoners (headquarters officer, 10 chief officers and 417 lower ranks), machine gun No. 4399 and many rifles and cartridges (RGVIA. F. 16180. Op. 1. D. 63. L. 480 10 Siberian Rifle Regiment 24 - 26 June 1915 of the year in documents).
This is only one June day of the 1915 year in the life of the regiment. Part continued to conduct fierce battles.
Thus, a number of officers of the 10 Siberian Rifle Regiment, following the results of the battles 24 - 26 on June, were awarded high prizes.
The order for the 4 Army of 31 on October 1915 was noted by Captain P. Vasilevsky, Lieutenant B. Logvinenko and Ensign K. Sokolov (RGVIA. F. 16180. Op. 1. D. 63. L. 482 - 482 10 Siberian Rifle Regiment 24 - 26 June 1915 of the year in documents) All three were awarded the St. George Arms on the basis of Art. 121 St. George Statute.
Captain Pavel Vasilevsky in the battle on the 25 of June, when attacking the northern edge of the large Lesnichuvsky forest, with a bayonet strike of his company broke through the enemy’s front (allowing the rest of the regiment to break through the enemy on the rest of the front), and occupied the southern edge of this forest.
Lieutenant Boris Logvinenko in the battle of June 24 at the village Roscopachev, in a position of exceptional danger under enemy fire in the front trench, gave precise instructions for correcting heavy artillery fire and this made it possible to suppress the enemy’s battery. The latter had previously completely swept away the Russian trenches with its fire.
A warrant officer Konstantin Sokolov in the battle of June 26 at the village. Golenzov, having been sent with 17 by foot scouts to clarify the situation, attacked the enemy's forward guard, punched him and, moving forward, captured an enemy outpost of 24 people. Then, having rushed to the attack, he took flight near 3's enemy’s mouths.
Officers of only the 3 Siberian Rifle Regiments had breast regiments: 42, 43 and 44 Siberian Rifle, which were part of the 11 Siberian Rifle Division. All granted February 14 1911
42th Siberian Rifle Regiment. In the center is an oval shield with the monograms of Peter I and Nicholas II. The shield is framed by a colored ribbon with the inscriptions: "42th Siberian Rifle Regiment", "1711" and "1911". A shield is placed on a wreath tied at the bottom of the St. George ribbon. The sign is crowned by a two-headed eagle, and under the last - the number "200"
43th Siberian Rifle Regiment. The woven monograms of Peter I and Nicholas II are crowned with a double-headed eagle. Monograms and an eagle are superimposed on a red (anniversary Alexander) ribbon with gold dates "1711" and "1911". Below - crossed laurel branches, on which a plaque with the number "200" is applied
44th Siberian Rifle Regiment. The cross covered with white enamel is crowned with a golden crown (the rim, possibly raspberry). On the crosses - the dates "1711" and "1911". In the center are the woven monograms of Peter I and Nicholas II.
To be continued ...