Kommersant citing a source reports that a short circuit caused by a leaking roof led to a fire. Melt water was inside the building, while the circuit breakers installed precisely for protection against short circuit and overload in the network did not work. For whatever reason, the operation did not occur, not reported.
After the short circuit occurred, a plastic chandelier caught fire on a children's “dry pool” with foam cubes. The spread of fire could have been avoided if the staff immediately turned off the ventilation, as instructed in such cases. However, the ventilation was not turned off, and the air entering the building fanned out the fire. Within a few minutes, the rooms on the 4 floor were shrouded in acrid smoke and spreading fire. At the same time, the fire alarm system worked, but the burning area was not flooded with water, as the previously frozen water supply was blocked.
Recall that the terrible tragedy in the city of Kemerovo claimed 64 life.